[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did a game developed for a console on 360 level and a handheld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 16

File: cemu2017-04-1917-50-5otp8w.jpg (4MB, 3163x863px) Image search: [Google]
cemu2017-04-1917-50-5otp8w.jpg
4MB, 3163x863px
How did a game developed for a console on 360 level and a handheld become the best looking and most interesting and interactive open world game ever?

10/10.
>>
File: 1456863966963.png (113KB, 403x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456863966963.png
113KB, 403x310px
>30 FPS
>"best looking"
>>
File: 33868900720_a4b37441bb_o.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33868900720_a4b37441bb_o.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376176692
>>
>>376176775
>"The mona lisa looks like shit, it's literally one frame."
>>
>>376176797
>>
File: annoyed alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>376176797
>1920x1080
>>
>the first reply is ACfag
Off to a great start. Does anybody have those images of areas in the game with the logo at the bottom. The beauty shot stuff like /tv/ does for movies (usually ironically of course)
>>
>>376176797
I don't know what it is, but something about the CEMU looks off. It might just be that I'm used to the slightly desaturated look of the WiiU version, but I honestly think it's looks better. Either that, or the classic Link armor just looks out of place as hell in the new engine.
>>
>>376176873

>comparing a game with heavy amounts of DLC and amiibo pre-order bonuses to a work of art that costs nothing to view
>>
the fact that it looks so good and only has a few fps drops/low fps areas on the wii u is fucking astonishing. i can't imagine how resource intensive the chemistry engine is and everything works incredibly well.
>>
File: 1489515309841.jpg (263KB, 1101x630px) Image search: [Google]
1489515309841.jpg
263KB, 1101x630px
>>376176692
>most interesting and interactive open world game ever?

Can you kill every NPC you see in the game? Also, pic related (1/2).
>>
>>376177081
>heavy amounts of DLC and amiibo pre-order bonuses
Like what?
>>
>>376176873
You cant be this retarded to compare a painting with a videogame.
Oh wait, you just did.
>>
File: 1489515806550.jpg (356KB, 1716x753px) Image search: [Google]
1489515806550.jpg
356KB, 1716x753px
>>376177460
2/2.
>>
>>376177521

The hard mode, for one. The exclusive items only available via amiibos. The cave of trials, and etc.

Explain to me why this content wasn't a free update? And don't say YOU had enough fun to justify it. I will not agree with that sentiment.
>>
>>376177559
You can't be this retarded to say the visual appeal of something is affected by how fast it moves.
Oh wait, you just did.
>>
>>376177663
That all sounds pretty unnecessary.
>>
>>376177785

It doesn't matter if it's unnecessary or not. That's my content. For 60 bucks, I deserve it. If you willingly know that you'll sell DLC less than a year after your game releases, then lower the price of your game at the least.
>>
>>376177687
I'm not the anon of the frames post, both of you are retarded.
>>
>>376177849
But you didn't pay for it.
It was never promised in the $60 package.
If you even bought the game, which I doubt.
>>
File: 3244854887.jpg (200KB, 1922x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3244854887.jpg
200KB, 1922x1080px
>>376176692
it's a 30 fps game, Anon. With that kind of graphics, You only need mobile hardware to run it on that performance level. it eans more towards great art direction rather than amazing graphics
>>
>>376177663
Cave of trials, hard mode and story expansion (not yet detailed) for 20 dollars. Seems pretty standard for expansions. Hard mode should've been included, but I don't think the overall price tag is unreasonable. I won't even comment on amiibos as that's some fucking bullshit, but the good thing is that they don't include anything you can't live without.

The thing people on here have such a hard time to grasp about DLC is that in the end it's just a business offer. If you don't think the pricetag motivates what you get for it, vote with your wallet. There's no law that says every game must cost the same.
>>
File: Capture.png (66KB, 681x788px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
66KB, 681x788px
>>376177910
>>
>>376177948
>>376177980

>It was never promised in the $60 package.
It doesn't matter. They announced it before the game was even released, so as far as I'm concerned, it was content they ripped out of the game. If they really couldn't afford to put it in before release, then add it in later FOR FREE.

Now, I can choose not to buy the DLC, but that's content I demand in the base game, so I will not consider Zelda anywhere above average when it's employing such greedy corporate practices.
>>
File: 1492028079039.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1492028079039.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>376178112
>its ACfag being entitled and assuming guilt on Nintendo because of Other M again
>>
>>376178112
>it was content they ripped out of the game. If they really couldn't afford to put it in before release, then add it in later FOR FREE.
>Can't afford to put it in
>Give it to me for free

You buy a cake from a baker, he says when he's done with it, he's going to make some cupcakes.
You demand those too at no extra charge.
That's how dumb you are.
>>
>>376177949
patched months ago, how slow are you?
>>
File: 1493166235501.jpg (8KB, 258x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493166235501.jpg
8KB, 258x200px
>>376178238
>>376178258

>/v/ not only assumes that "customer entitlement" is a bad thing, but it once again relies on a poorly made food analogy to get their point across
>>
>>376177687
>comparing a static image to a game in motion
>>
File: wat.png (217KB, 410x415px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
217KB, 410x415px
>>376178364
You claim to support the free market but then act like the biggest entitled jew on the planet as soon as DLC appears.
>>
>>376178364
It's the same thing though.
>This game is complete, we finished it. it's ready to ship
>Hey, let's make more stuff to put in it later!
>Good idea, but that will cost us money, so we'll have to charge people for it
And consumer entitlement is bad when it's misguided and unjustified like this assclown
>>376178112
>>
>>376177460
>morrowind
oh boy, here come the /v/ipsters
>>
>>376178112
As I said, there's no law that says all games must cost the same. Neither is there a law against day one DLCs. I assumed that the base game would give me my moneys worth so I bought it. Then I decided against buying the amiibos because what I get doesn't motivate the price. I will probably end up buying the DLC because the price tag seems reasonable for the amount of content. The base game should be judged on its own. If the amount cut out for day one DLC is so major that it affects the base game, then the score/review should reflect that. In this case, some items I barely even want does close to nothing when it comes to judging the game as a whole.

>>376178364
Customer entitlement is what it is. It's exactly as I said, if you don't think that BotW is worth the 60 dollar price tag unless you also get a classic OOT armor set and whatever else the amiibos contained, then don't buy it. You're acting like someone has tricked you.
>>
People like to push the "It's okay when nintendo does it" meme, but how come we never talk about "It's only bad when nintendo does it" that seems far more prevalent.
>>
>>376178472

And what's wrong with that? Your "10/10 best game of all time" shouldn't have a single ounce of DLC, let alone pricey season passes with content you can't purchase separately. I'm already paying enough for the Switch itself and the game at full price, was that not enough money?

>>376178485

>This game is complete, we finished it. it's ready to ship
>Hey, let's make more stuff to put in it later!
That would only be plausible if they didn't even announce the DLC until next year. The fact that it was announced before the game was even released says that they ripped it out and are pretending otherwise.

>>376178528

>As I said, there's no law that says all games must cost the same. Neither is there a law against day one DLCs.
As the paying customer, I decide that these things should not exist in their current condition. If you cannot satisfy those conditions, then why should I ignore them and give your game undue praise? It's ruining my experience, so I'm not giving that a pass.

>Customer entitlement is what it is
You're acting like entitlement is a bad thing. When I'm shelling out the money, I'll be as entitled as I please. If I demand them to drop the game to 10 dollars and give me all the DLC for free, then they're more than welcome to oblige or ignore me, but I can easily visit my friend Mr. Cemu and he'll give me an even better. It's Nintendo's job to prove to me that their game is worth NOT emulating it and downloading the DLC for free.
>>
>>376178808
>And what's wrong with that?
Acting entitled to things you aren't entitled to is a problem for everybody but you. Nobody gives a fuck about your autistic ass, especially since you paid for the game and voted with your wallet against yourself.
>>
File: 20170506222347_1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170506222347_1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Looks about on par with other 7th gen open world games. Better in some ways, worse in others.
>>
>>376179012

>Acting entitled to things you aren't entitled to is a problem for everybody but you.
I don't really care, since I'm the one with the money. Again, as long as you're asking me to shell out dollar signs, I'll be as entitled as I please. When nintendo stops being greedy and charging so much money for their games, then they'll have a position to speak. I'm sorry anon, but it's not my job to bend over for corporate interests.
>>
>>376178808
>If you cannot satisfy those conditions, then why should I ignore them and give your game undue praise?

What are you getting at? Your experience is ruined because you didn't get the classic OOT armor for free? This sounds much more like a principle thing rather than something you'd actually feel after having played the game.

>You're acting like entitlement is a bad thing. When I'm shelling out the money, I'll be as entitled as I please. If I demand them to drop the game to 10 dollars and give me all the DLC for free.

You knew beforehand what you're paying for. The company has no obligation whatsoever to change the prices for you, and just as well you have no obligation to pay for a product you don't want. It's how these things work. If you want to break the law and pirate the game that's also your choice. Again, why are you trying to make it out like someone has tricked you when the deal was on the table from the very beginning?
>>
>>376179114
>I'm sorry anon, but it's not my job to bend over for corporate interests.
I guess you do it for free then since you bought the Switch and the game in question knowing full well ahead of time its not something you want to support. You really are insanely stupid.
>>
>>376177460
Can you complete the main quest after an extended period of play time without worrying about accumulated floating point errors eventually nudging an essential NPC out of bounds?
>>
>>376179209

>Your experience is ruined because you didn't get the classic OOT armor for free?
My experience is ruined because you ripped out content to sell to me later. As long as they're charging money for it, that's all it will ever be.

>You knew beforehand what you're paying for.
And I feel like it wasn't worth the money. I have a constitutional right to complain and call the game a mediocre product as a result. What kind of communist mentality would try and silence dissent?

>>376179220

anon, let me ask you this: could i get the full experience and have the capacity to judge the game if I didn't buy it? If I completely avoided the game and avoided the switch, your response would be "stop complaining, you didn't try it, you have to buy it before you can criticize it." True or false?
>>
>>376179439
>anon, let me ask you this: could i get the full experience and have the capacity to judge the game if I didn't buy it?
Once again, nobody cares about you. It isn't your job to review games and nobody and I do mean literally nobody cares about your opinion other than pointing and laughing at how dumb you are.
>>
>>376179047
>3840x2160
hmmm
>>
>>376179439
>My experience is ruined because you ripped out content to sell to me later. As long as they're charging money for it, that's all it will ever be.

Then your not pragmatic about your criticism. You can criticise the business practice, but this has almost nothing to do with the quality of the actual game. You seem like the kind of person who gets mad and spams 0 metacritic scores because a game offers skins as DLC.

>And I feel like it wasn't worth the money. I have a constitutional right to complain and call the game a mediocre product as a result.

Not really. You have a right to complain about the business practice. If a movie sells for a thousand dollars I have every right to complain about the price, but I can't complain about the quality of the movie itself (unless it's actually bad). You seem to have a problem keeping the quality of the product and it's costs separate. An expensive shirt may not be the thing I'd prioritise, but if it's a good shirt it's still a good shirt regardless of the cost. If it's a good shirt for it's price is a different discussion.

Your whole argument is based on flimsy principles rather than anything coherent. Your so mad at day one DLCs that you call the whole game mediocre, even though it's not really about the things you miss out on by not buying the DLC, but rather that you have to pay at all. That's a kneejerk reaction and not serious critique of the game itself.
>>
>>376179935

>pointing and laughing at how dumb you are.
So let me get this straight. You're heralding game journalists like IGN and gamespot as wise sages because they give Zelda a 10/10, and then praise the game as a perfect masterpiece because of positive press, and yet you call me dumb? And you realize not the irony here?

>>376180030

>You can criticise the business practice, but this has almost nothing to do with the quality of the actual game.
Oh, but it does impact the quality of the game. to me, even if you gimp yourself and rush right to Ganon, he's a pathetic wimp who dies almost instantly because he requires no thought whatsoever to fight. A hard mode COULD HAVE remedied that, and there was no reason for them NOT to add it in. but no, they decided that 60 dollars isn't enough, so I have to shell out more. I consider that a bad practice, so the game suffers for it.

>If a movie sells for a thousand dollars I have every right to complain about the price, but I can't complain about the quality of the movie itself
Oh, but I can complain. If it's not worth the absurd price tag, I can very well say that.

>Your so mad at day one DLCs that you call the whole game mediocre,
Even if the DLC was the only problem I had with the game, I still have every right in the world to make a deal out of it. It's a corrupt cash grab that's not too different from EA and Activision shelling out tons in DLC, cutting out important content, and giving us poorly optimized games.

The bottom line is this: I'm the customer, my word is final. If I say something is wrong, the product is wrong. If you disagree, that's fine. But you can't try to silence me or my views on the game.
>>
>>376180403
>You're heralding game journalists like IGN and gamespot as wise sages because they give Zelda a 10/10, and then praise the game as a perfect masterpiece because of positive press, and yet you call me dumb?
No, I'm calling you dumb because you have autism and are obsessed with shitty professional critics to the point where you buy games you don't want to support from a company you hate just to review them on an image board where nobody likes you. Truly a waste of life.
>>
>>376180512

>you have autism because you didn't give Zelda a 10/10 and don't agree with /based/ Kotaku and polygon

I'm not sure if that's the definition of autism, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>376180403
So the game is too easy? That's legitimate criticism and not what we've been talking about here. Them not having hard mode from the start was known before you purchased the game.

>Oh, but I can complain. If it's not worth the absurd price tag, I can very well say that.
Yes, but you can't say the movie itself is bad. I think you understand the difference. And is 60 dollars really absurd for the amount of content that BotW has, even without the amiboo shit?

The bottom line is this: I'm the customer, my word is final. If I say something is wrong, the product is wrong. If you disagree, that's fine. But you can't try to silence me or my views on the game.

Oh, get off your high horse. I'm not trying to silence you, I'm just saying your ridiculous. Unless your an influential person your word means jack shit and your money means only a little. Your the customer who knew exactly what he was buying and still finds way to complain about not getting things you knew you wouldn't be getting when you made the purchase. Stop being so fucking immature.
>>
>>376180784
The fact you think that's a valid response is enough to diagnose you.
>>
>>376176692

Because its actually stronger than the 360. You have actually been swallowing memes all this time.
>>
File: 33440255840_1f7b8774366c_o.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
33440255840_1f7b8774366c_o.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>376176775
If only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G5xPx_gdds
>>
>>376180825

>Them not having hard mode from the start was known before you purchased the game.
It would not have been as big an issue if they at least attempted to make the game challenging. At least to the extent that would frustrate every normie.

>Yes, but you can't say the movie itself is bad.
If I find the movie to be terribly made, then yes I can.

>And is 60 dollars really absurd for the amount of content that BotW has
Considering that I can log thousands of hours into games like Dwarf Fortress for not even a penny, then yes, it is too much.

>Oh, get off your high horse. I'm not trying to silence you, I'm just saying your ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous for the customer to exercise his basic rights.

>Your the customer who knew exactly what he was buying and still finds way to complain about not getting things you knew you wouldn't be getting
When you purchase a product, and you find that it is not what you wanted, then you have every right to complain. Nintendo promised a well crafted video game with good amounts of well made content. What I got was a 30 FPS disaster casualized for the COD audience, with nothing but an empty wasteland filled with inconsequential filler that, should I choose to collect it or engage in it, will ruin my endgame experience by nerfing Ganon to uselessness.
>>
File: 1374939196878.jpg (25KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
1374939196878.jpg
25KB, 400x371px
>some faggot is mad because of dlc
Why even respond? He's clearly retarded.
>>
>>376181238
Now you have drifted towards complaining about things that are actually in the game, although in a way that doesn't really make me want to discuss it with you. I'm happy. The only thing left is this:

>It's not ridiculous for the customer to exercise his basic rights.

Take Nintendo to court and I'll think you'll find out what your basic rights entail.
>>
What are some easy recipes for hearts/yellow hearts? I'm running short on food and don't know what to stock up on before tackling the desert and camel.
>>
>>376181504

>Take Nintendo to court and I'll think you'll find out what your basic rights entail.
I think complaining about a game's issues is a bit different from filing a legal court.
>>
>>376181641
Quality meat and rock salt my man
>>
>>376181641
1 Hearty Durian and nothing else.

Substitute any single hearty ingredient.
>>
>>376181691
>>376182001
Cheers! Thank you.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.