[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the release of the New Nintendo 2DS XL, what the fuck was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: put me into Switch mode.png (270KB, 554x278px) Image search: [Google]
put me into Switch mode.png
270KB, 554x278px
With the release of the New Nintendo 2DS XL, what the fuck was the purpose of a Nintendo Switch?
>>
Do baiters even care anymore? It's been a long time since I've seen bait with effort, and this is just another sad display.
>>
>>376166381
lol nintendoodies BTFO!!!
>>
>>376166381
>assumes i'm b8
>even though I am asking why on a personal level
I actually want them to succeed, but this some ass backwards plan from Nintendo
>>
>>376166923
If you had even a peanut sized brain, you'd realize that New 2DSXL is the equivalent of Gameboy Micro for the Gameboy Advance or DSi XL for the Nintendo DS.

It's the last model of the 3DS line.

Nintendo Switch market is completely different from the 3DS and the projects reflect that.

For example, you won't find BotW, Mario Odyssey, Arms, Splatoon 2 and the like on the 3DS platform.

We're more likely to see a teaser for the next Nintendo handheld at next year's E3, assuming Switch doesn't just take both Nintendo's handheld and console market developers.
>>
>>376166259
my new 3ds recently borked so I guess I have a reason to consider getting the new 2ds xl. Wish it came out sooner though.
>>
>>376167326
>implying it was ever needed in the 1st place
are you retarded? Nintendo stated in several press releases that the Switch is a Console/Handheld hybrid, not adding in a place to play 3DS games was a odd design choice, but most thought maybe they'll release a new model that can do that; then they go and pull shit like the New 2DS, which negates the Switch's gimmick as a handheld hybrid
>>
>>376167773
Are you trying to tell us that the 2DS XL comes with a TV dock? Or that switch games can't be considered handheld game due to the 3DS existing or something?
>>
>>376167773
>most thought maybe they'll release a new model that can do that
You kidding me?

Why would they alienate people who bought the first model in that way?

It was never meant to replace their handheld line.

They would've added backwards compability from the start if that was the case.

The best you can hope for is digital 3DS releases on Switch or ports.

It might replace their handheld line and remove their console line but it's quite clear that it doesn't support backwards comparability.
>>
>>376167326
>teaser for the next Nintendo handheld at next year's
Nintendo takes a million years to develop their consoles and the last time they talked about a 3DS successor they weren't even sure if they were going to make one.
>>
>>376168172
>being oblivious
Nintendo duping people, how the mighty have fallen

>>376168196
>defending Nintendo
the same company that made the Wii and Wii U, while the Wii was a success (with the manlet casual audience) the Wii U is a massive stinker

>"Why would they alienate people who bought the first model in that way?"
that's what they call an upgrade, something Nintendo hasn't done yet

>"It was never meant to replace their handheld line."
explain that to the E3 press releases

>"The best you can hope for is digital 3DS releases on Switch or ports."
>Implying they should have not had a place to play physical 3DS games
>>
I don't think Nintendo even knows what they're doing

They're just terrified of having all their eggs in one basket
>>
>>376166381
Op's image has a sad display

Get it, I'm referencing the gamepads display
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42KB, 720x439px
>>376166259
>>376166923
The 3DS still has an enormous playerbase and there are still some fp games coming out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the 3DS alive for at least one more year. Making games is way, way cheaper because of the garbage 240p resolution they don't have to put top buck on visual quality.

So:
>3DS still has large playerbase
>with the 2DS they can get even more people with the cheap $150 price
>games are cheap to produce
>games are sold expensive
>millions of weebs will buy the new Fire Emblem
>>
>>376166259
My guess: the DS brand is at the end of its life. 3DS games production will be discontinued soon. Still, they saw there's still a market, mainly in Japan where the 3DS had a huge success unlike the Switch, and they're trying to exploit it. The Switch eventually will take over, and Nintendo will redesign and improve it as they always do with their consoles. My guess is they'll make it into a clamshell again like they did with the GBA making it into the GBA SP.
>>
>>376171096
>they don't have to put top buck on visual quality
In the meantime games like the Layton series has hands down some of the most astonishing graphics in the market, thanks to its style, regardless of the resolution.
>>
>>376171376
Yeah, but even Layton graphics are way cheaper than if they were made for the Switch.
Most Nintendo games look great on the 3DS.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>376166259
nintendo makes lots of money on the 3ds, it only makes sense to continue to support it. They aren't simply going to kill
what makes most of their money in order support their other console.

>inb4 but muh switch sales generate monz for nintendoo also

The switch sales were all hype and everyone fucking knows it. 1 decent game botw and shitty mario kart are the only
games out for it. By far the switch had the weakest launch line in history and still looking weak with sploogtoon 2 and mario

how much fucking mario and sploogtoon can you fuckers take REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREREEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.