[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do characters in a 16 bit snes game feel more alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: final_fantasy_vi-snes-na.jpg (416KB, 2100x1560px) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_vi-snes-na.jpg
416KB, 2100x1560px
Why do characters in a 16 bit snes game feel more alive than modern games?
>>
because you weren't dead inside back then
>>
>>376164689
Because you actually want to like them.
>>
>>376164689
Your imagination filled in a lot more gaps as a child.
>>
>>376164689
It depends. You wont get that from AAA games, however there are indie games that still have this charm.
>>
>>376164689
In rpgs less is often more. Less text means that there won't be long-winded meme dialog about characters' favorite food. No voice acting makes gestures etc. more important and open for interpretation.
>>
They don't.
Stop wearing that fedora, cuck.
>>
La pieta by Michelangelo
>>
>>376165414
Kefka which isna series of muchaelangelo sculptures
>>
>>376164689
imagination
>>
>>376165501
It is just deeper
>>
>>376164689
Your mind fills in the details that aren't there. Well-written characters in books feel alive too, because your imagination is working at 100% to create them. The more the medium tells you what to think, the less your imagination is working. Modern games have visual details down to facial pores, so there's no longer any need to imagine anything. So when we see stiff or unrealistic character movement, and bad voice acting, etc, it comes across as a lifeless husk. Whereas when we see a pixel character standing there, it's a stand-in. We imagine the missing details that aren't there
>>
They dont. That's nostalgia talking.

For all of FFXV's shortcomings, the one thing you have to admit is that the core 4 are the most human like characters in the series, but of course that was practically the entire purpose of the game.
>>
>>376166894
Total lie. Name me am equivalent tonthe opera house from modern agnes. There is no there, there
>>
>>376166894
what they are all shiny and anime as fuck. People don't look like that after fighting monsters or pushing a car down a scorching hot highway all day.
>>
It was basically rewritten by Woolsey. Nip shit has been the same beige shit forever and you see that now.
>>
>>376167328
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: moogle.jpg (47KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
moogle.jpg
47KB, 500x700px
Why haven't these little fuckers got their own game yet? Shit would be so kupo.
>>
>>376167328
You are an ignorant nigger
>>
Because you were 13.

That said, the 16 bit era held up a hell of a lot better than the 32 bit era did. Like, Stardew Valley can do some retro ff6 sprite style and it works. But rip off ff7, a game everyone thought was the prettiest shit in the world at the time, and it'll look like garbage.
>>
Less detailed graphics and no voice acting so this happened
>>376165115
>>
>>376164689
because they were built with flaws that affected them negatively, not positively like this shitty writing of today.
>>
>>376164689

It was more abstract. Something that's honestly better for games than merely copying movies.
>>
>>376167183
>dyslexic or yet another retarded phone poster

whatever it is we all lose
>>
>>376169667
What dyslexics have ?you against
>>
>>376169667
Wow youbare a dumb fuck
.when I say there is no there , there I mean there is no substance. It is a reference to a maya angelou poem about the emptiness of life.
Read a book you ignorant son of a bitch
>>
>>376164928
underrated post
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.