[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I fucking love this game. Out of all the games I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 27

File: IMG_2005.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2005.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
Guys, I fucking love this game. Out of all the games I've played in the past three years, this one has struck a special note with me. The combat is a little fucked up sometimes but the mini games, the cabaret club, and side stories are all intriguing. For such a small game world, there always feels like there's a lot of depth to any one thing you do.

Please tell me the other Yakuza games are like this. When I beat this, I'm going to be depressed as hell.
>>
I wish there was a PC version.
>>
Yes, they're all like that
>>
3 is a sincere piece of shit and it made me mad that I like Yakuza so much

4 is fucking radical
5 is great don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise

It's been like ages since I played Y1 but it was okay, missed Y2
>>
>>376164226

I watched some cutscenes. What the hell happens to Majima in later games? He's crazy as fuck.
>>
>>376164341
I liked 3 but it really drops the ball near the end.
Orphanage was fine and comfy.
>>
>>376164119
>the core gameplay is complete shit... but look at this window dressing!!! it speaks to me!!11
>>
>>376164195

There should be. It would be very popular.
>>
>>376164469
Loads of shit happens to everyone. Especially Haruka
>>
>>376164502

I didn't say it was shit. I like it just as much as the rest of the game, I just don't see how anyone can beat a boss without getting hit quite a bit.
>>
>>376164649

I noticed that Majima eventually becomes Nihishtani. Like Nihishtani's role in Y0 is to foreshadow what Majima will become.
>>
>>376164119
The reason you are having so much fun is because this is the combination of side activities from the previous games, so people playing for the first time see a very fleshed out game that has become an underdog in 2017 releases.
>>
>>376164341
3 is still great, fuck you. Yeah, the big twist was hamfisted as fuck but it was still one hell of a ride and had all of the minigames, substories, and exploration that make Yakuza great.
>>
>>376164821
>combination of side activities from the previous games

Zerofags are fucked when they play the older games. I bet more than half already quit after playing 1 and 2.
>>
I've only played the first Yakuza should I play any others?
>>
>>376164821

It's not just that. The plot and the cutscenes are all so well done. I feel invested in the plot. I don't like using meme language, but damn near everything about this game's main plot is kino. I bawled like a bitch when Kiryu and Nishiki drove out into the woods.
>>
File: winku.webm (496KB, 960x518px) Image search: [Google]
winku.webm
496KB, 960x518px
http://pastebin.com/X46U14yM

yakuza series pastebin for anyone who needs it
>>
This game literally got be out of my burnt out Vidya phase.

Fucking amazing game.
>>
when this song is just a mook fight theme for your side business, you know your ost is godlike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8UyG3EOer8
>>
>>376165086
Yes.

2 is amazing and fixes a lot of 1's combat problems.

3 is really good but the story is a bit shit near the end.

4, 5 and 0 are AMAZING and you MUST play them.
>>
>>376165283

Yes! That's exactly why I made a thread about it. I can't stop playing once I start. I start at about 9PM and don't stop until about 5AM. I don't do this with any other game.
>>
File: 1493355849353.jpg (83KB, 391x466px) Image search: [Google]
1493355849353.jpg
83KB, 391x466px
>>376165106
I'm right there with you. I know I'm a fucking bitch for starting with Y0, but I rarely get as invested in a story as I did with this game.

Really looking forward to playing 1 and 2 when I get the opportunity.
>>
>>376164809
Though his turning into what Nishitani was seemed at best, poorly justified. Like it really felt as if someone in a meeting went "alright, so we are actually making a prequel game, but young Majima and Y1 Majima might as well be different people, how do we make this work".

Like I can appreciate the motivation to help Saejima when he eventually gets out, but he lost me around the first hour when he sat down with Sagawa and, despite being tortured in a pit for a year was desperate to get back in and seemed barely annoyed by what Shimano's guys had done to him.

And then his ending is, I don't even know, has a chance to get back at Shimano and just doesn't (because he still thinks he's great?), decides to start dressing like he walked out of an insane asylum, and more or less gives up on Makoto.
>>
>>376165396

That's another thing I noticed. When Kiryu stormed the Dojima headquarters and was throwing people over railings and kicking that one dude out the fucking window, I just knew I had no regrets in purchasing the game. Dat music.
>>
>>376165585

What I want is for them to re release them as a collection. Sure, I can emulate them but I'd rather not. I heard a rumor that they were remaking the first Yakuza and revamping it. Is it true?
>>
>>376165585
I really hope they remake Y2 in Kiwami's style, most of the assets seem like they're there and it would make a nice consistent format to play the series in.

Likely the best way to play in the future will be 3, 4, 5 on PC emulation, and 0, 1, 2, and 6 on PS4.
>>
>>376165667

Yeah, the whole tortured in a pit thing seems to have little effect on him compared to everything else. It's a little bit inconsistent.
>>
>>376165823
>I heard a rumor that they were remaking the first Yakuza and revamping it

That game is Yakuza Kiwami, and was released in January of last year. It's getting localised in August of this year.
>>
>>376165991

Fuck yeah. Looks like I got into the Yakuza series at just the right time.
>>
>>376165430
5 is shit because they bit more than they could chew. Cities have no content in them and characters are hamfisted in because of popularity.
>>
>>376165868
If Yakuza Kiwami does well, no reason they wouldn't entertain the notion of doing the whole series.

I sorely hope so. I joined at 0, but I hope the series gets the full treatment.
>>
>>376166330

It would be a ton of wasted potential if they didn't. Seriously.

When I went to buy the game, the ear-gauged girl at the register didn't even know what Yakuza meant. I called her out on it, too. Let's not forget the fact that Yakuza games have been coming out since forever.
>>
>>376165987
I mean he lost his eye, and was LEFT IN A PIT for a full year. It's a wonder he came out of that even partially okay, but ironically Majima almost came out of the end of Zero better off than Kiryu does. He gets to go back to Shimano-gumi, Makoto was saved, and he can now do what he wanted to do originally. Kiryu had to deal with Oda stabbing him in the back, failing to save Tachibana, getting shot twice by Lao Gui, and fight off both Kuze and Shibusawa.

And yet, they ramp it up to seem like Majima was scarred so much by what happened in Zero, he lost it and became Nishitani-lite. Which is doubly weird because, while Majima seemed to eventually get along with Nishitani alright, he still always kept his distance and treated him like a weird masochist. Sure he took a bullet for him and they fought twice, but if you're gonna say that makes sense look at Li. That guy got blown up in a car bomb.

As much as I enjoyed the epilogue where he runs into Kiryu in Tokyo and the cycle is complete, they still didn't bridge it in a convincing way.
>>
>>376166545
Is Yakuza in that weird place where it's almost an iconic Sony franchise? I kind of feel like it is. It's known, but not quite widespread enough I feel like.
>>
File: kuze.jpg (30KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
kuze.jpg
30KB, 620x349px
Same feeling OP. I've sank like 120 hours into it. Haven't been so invested, or even beaten a game in a long while. I already preordered Kiwami. Also, I've been listening to the OST for working out. Even got me inspired to try a little boxing.
>>
>>376165396
0's soundtrack is fucking great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMl8GyLvXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut9kyP1Bsx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKJ9I0xWqEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syG5BqDyKxk
>>
>>376164119
The cutscenes and atmosphere are 10/10 but the combat was dogshit and severely detracted from the game for me.

I also felt like the game was way too grindy to 100%. Like half the completion objectives are just “do this minigame over and over again”, “walk to all of these shops and order everything”, etc..
>>
>>376166330
Well Yakuza isn't really a fringe series in Japan, and with Yakuza 6 they've already made 7 or 8 of these games since it began on PS2. Not to mention spin-offs like Dead Souls on PS3 or Black Panther 1 & 2 (Japanese PSP exclusives).

Problem is marketing them in NA/EU hasn't been great, it's only recently they started to get more support, but no doubt they still focus on the Japanese market.

>>376166648
Seeing as the only non-Sony release the series has ever had is a port of the PS3 HD re-releases of the PS2 games on the Wii U, I think that seems safe to say.

In terms of being something that Sony itself is known for, at least in the West probably not, considering 3, 4, and 5 just didn't do that well, and 5 came out very late as a digital-only release (in English).
>>
>>376166648

She's a dumb female nu-gaymer. I'd be surprised if she knew anything at all. Yakuza is plenty known by the people that matter.
>>
>>376164119
0's probably the high point of the series, honestly. Ishin's the only one that maybe comes close.
>>
>>376166548
0 basically implies most of his craziness is just an act. I suppose at some point he just forgot how to be normal entirely? I don't know. This is the problem with turning joke characters into serious ones, you can only make so much sense out of it, especially when you have a plot as convoluted as this series.
>>
>>376166930
The combat is objectively not dogshit. I agree the minigames can get grindy though

>>376167029
Fuck I want Ishin to get localized, that OST is great too
>>
>>376166548
>Sure he took a bullet for him and they fought twice, but if you're gonna say that makes sense look at Li. That guy got blown up in a car bomb.
Jesus christ that scene, by the way. That was the moment when I first felt the game gut punch me. Like before that it was happy go lucky anime plot. Although the cutscene did foreshadow it quite a bit, so you knew it was gonna happen. Still hurt to see it actually happen.

Actually Yaukza 0 is the only game in the past 5-10 years or so that has literally gotten me to cry, and they did it _MULTIPLE TIMES_ at that. (Basically whenever Makoto was crying I teared up, but when she was crying tears of relief at the end I was legit crying)
>>
>>376165396
>>376166841
Can somebody find the full OST somewhere? I didn't find anything on slsk and what no longer exists :(
>>
>>376167329
Closest I got for you, senpai.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfp29KYn6RxqSmzl1R3ub8ym9TJZaUWcf
>>
>>376167110

I often caught glimpses of his face sadistically enjoying causing pain during that one heat attack where he does a knee drop into their sternum. Kind of makes me wonder if he didn't just develop a taste for it after a while, since he didn't do much of it before the whole Makoto thing.
>>
>>376167329

1.) Audacity (recording program)
2.) Stereo mix recording
3.) YouTube

That's how you win.
>>
>>376167329
nigga did you even look

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/ryu-ga-gotoku-zero-yakuza-0-ost-a-and-b-sides-
>>
>>376167365
>>376167536
Here's your (You)
>>376167625
>mp3
meh

better than nothing I guess, thanks
>>
>>376167110
I mean as of Y1 he runs his own company, right? He can't be entirely crazy, I would guess just sadistic. It's pretty obvious they didn't envision his backstory when they first introduced him in Y1, given that he actually wasn't in PS2 Y1 all that much.

Inherent to the scenario I guess, but I wound up really wishing Majima had at least said goodbye to Makoto properly.

>>376167378
Gotta wonder how much of that is just Majima being more emotionally expressive than Kiryu most of the time. Like, I'm pretty sure Kiryu never does anything more than a slight smile throughout all of Zero.
>>
>>376164565
>Yakuza
>very popular
Not in a million years
>>
>>376167709

I wasn't asking for a (me) though...
>>
File: 1339623497991.jpg (198KB, 1015x759px) Image search: [Google]
1339623497991.jpg
198KB, 1015x759px
Just wanted to pop in this thread and say that I hate Akiyama forever now because this Yakuza 5 coliseum shit with him is fucking awful.
>>
>>376167860

That's how we know it's quality. Anything in mass demand is fundamentally flawed because if it can appeal to a troglodyte, it can appeal to anyone.
>>
>>376167625
>>376167709
Nvm, can't figure out how to actually download from that website

Oh well, I give up. rutracker only has yakuza 1 and 2 as well
>>
>>376164989
They're remaking the first ones anyway, and they'll be both 0 reskins
>>
>>376167967
His moveset in 5 was not good. He does way less damage than everyone else, has fewer options for grounded enemies than everyone else, and enemies fucking roll out of your backflip juggle thing in the iddle of your attack animatiion.

Also he has the longest heat move animations in the game ontop of them all being the weakest.
>>
How much do the later games improve on yakuza 1?
I liked parts of yakuza 1 but it was so fucking frustrating that I'm not all that excited to play the other games.
>>
I'm crossing my fingers for a remake of Yakuza 2 and 3, as well as a port of 4 and 5. It'd be great to have all the games on a single platform at 1080/60.
>>
File: 1408889507409.jpg (370KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1408889507409.jpg
370KB, 800x600px
>>376167967
Akiyama felt really weird to play as in 5, like they made some changes to his fighting style that just made it feel pretty bad compared to his style in 4.
Just use Kiryu for the coliseum, or Saejima if you want it to be a complete joke.
>>
>>376167329

https://ryugagotokucompletesoundtracks.wordpress.com/
>>
>>376168926
I found that but assumed it was a scam because
>random wordpress page
>tinyurl link
why don't they just link to MEGA directly so I know it's something I can actually download instead of a fun browser exploit
>>
File: 1417519830034.png (95KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1417519830034.png
95KB, 200x194px
>>376168470
>Just use Kiryu
You need everyone for 100%.
>>
>>376169537
If you could complete pachinko and mahjong, then you can do the coliseum as Akiyama.
You have completed pachinko and mahjong, right?
>>
File: Yakuza-6.jpg (111KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-6.jpg
111KB, 600x337px
Yakuza 0 was great and as a long time fan I'm glad it brought attention to the series, I'm sure a lot of them will possibly play Kiwami but won't bother with the rest of the series.

After Kiwami they'll probably try Yakuza 6 and if it's really as bad as people say it is, then how fucked will the series be in terms of popularity?

Also, how fucking dissapointed will a fan of the series be?
>>
>>376168926
>>376169051
>it's entirely untagged
life is pure suffering
>>
File: 1418581316876.png (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418581316876.png
140KB, 500x500px
For you fags that want the soundtrack, here.

https://pastebin.com/NqDJwyse
>>
File: 1486528351543.jpg (26KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1486528351543.jpg
26KB, 575x323px
>>376169873
After Y0 I've got a good understanding of mahjong, and pachinko isn't reliant on incompatible and unpredictable enemy AI.
>>
>>376169895
Honestly, I'm always wary of claims that "everyone says x game is bad" when said game has only been released in a language barely anyone on this forum can actually read.

The worst thing I've heard about Y6 is that the framerate is way shittier than Y0 and Kiwami because they re-vamped the engine to allow for less loading screens and a fully free camera.

In terms of whether Yakuza 6 will do well overseas, it's kind of impossible to say, 3-5 weren't doing gangbusters. If you want a spoiler, it's Papa Kiryu doing that "Right When I Get Out They Pull Me Back In" shtick again.

Oh and Beat Takeshi is in it, so that's bound to have cost Sega a stupid amount of money and will pay absolutely zero dividends in any non-Japanese market.
>>
if you're at a loss with what to do with yourself after Y0, you could play Persona 5 if you haven't already.
as much as I love this series, i can't imagine a Y0 player going back to play 3 games of just Kiryu with one fighting style
>>
>>376170763
>Honestly, I'm always wary of claims that "everyone says x game is bad" when said game has only been released in a language barely anyone on this forum can actually read.
People were saying 0 was the best in the series well before it got localized. Why is the inverse of that happening for another game in the series so hard to believe?

Also the Japanese fanbase themselves were complaining about it, you don't have to pay any mind to importers if you don't want to. Has lower amazon jp reviews than every other game in the series + the devs have gotten death threats over the game by butthurt fans.
>>
JESUS CHRIST COULD THE GAME SAVING BE ANY SLOWER
>>
>>376171910
To be fair the only reason it's slow is because they couldn't be fucked implementing their own save menu and used the stock PS4 one instead, which is absolute shit tier
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo
Anybody else feel like a pretty little sissy fuccboi while listening to this?

>mad boner
>>
>>376171739
I'm not talking about importers, I'm talking about domestic reception. I live in Japan and played 5, 0, and Kiwami in Japanese, but haven't bought 6 yet. In any case, the sales for 0 turned out something like 240,000 for the first week, combined across both PS3 and PS4 versions. Yakuza 6 sold somewhere around 220,000, only released on the PS4. It also got a better Famitsu score than Y0. Sales figures and comparing two reviews from the same source is about as objective as you can get, since user reviews tend to skew in weird ways.

Just looking at Amazon yeah, there are some long-time fans criticising the game, but this is maybe not the best comparison when Amazon had not really come into its own (especially in Japan) as of the releases of Y3, Y4, and the other PS3 titles. The top negative review I came across had as one of its main criticisms that Yakuza 6 does not have an opening movie like Y0 (and others) has. While a shame, does it really even need to be said why this is a minor point to pick out?

Regardless of whether it is worse than others in the series or not, the pattern seems reminiscent of some disliked-by-loud-minority games on say, Metacritic user reviews. That is, there are many 1-star (i.e. lowest possible rating) reviews pegged to a product that is perhaps only marginally worse than a predecessor--either because some group of fans feels betrayed or let down, or otherwise wronged in some way outside of what is actually contained in the game.

To put it another way, I would be shocked if 6 is worse than 3, but perhaps if you have been deadset on playing every single game since the PS2, you might feel very burnt out, in a similar way one might have been when Assassins Creed was coming out every year.
>>
How do you get good at golf in Y3? Trying to get a substory associated with it but after trying for 3 hours I'm getting frustrated.
>>
File: tachibana m8.jpg (40KB, 354x424px) Image search: [Google]
tachibana m8.jpg
40KB, 354x424px
>>376172831
This is the fucking tits. I play it once in a while over the store speakers at work.
>>
>>376168009
I have it but only in mp3 format, uploading to mega right now.
>>
>>376173668
Oh should've kept reading the thread, fuck me.
>>
>>376173668
>>376173737
Might as well still upload if you have it tagged properly, this shit is entirely untagged (although it has a structured directory layout so it could be scripted in a few minutes if one really cared)
>>
>>376174114
I probably just have whatever's in here
>>376170105
from months ago
>>
>>376170105
>.zip
I've got a bad feeling about this
>>
>>376174330
>Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero OST/CD 1/114 Receive You ???Tech Trance Arrange??? - Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 zero.mp3
I fucking knew it

.zip, not even once
>>
>>376164119
I wish it would go on sale already
>>
Guys who played 4, do you also hate Makoto Otokita with a burning passion? It took me nearly three hours to get him to win the tournament with maxed out everything but trust. But then I get the cool fat dude right after and he slaughters the ¥1mil tournaments like it's nothing. That Saejima chapter was also incredibly short, I'm surprised since Tanemura's seems like it's twice as long just from substory amount alone.

>>376173449
Just a heads up, it gets far worse in 4 despite literally every other minigame becoming easier.

The way you play it is first to always have a calculator out assuming you land in a sandtrap or not on the green and multiply the distance you can hit by .30 or .70 I believe it was if you do land in one of them. Look at the wind and always do two opposite of where it's pointing, so if it's pointing orange bottom-left you move the thing twice to the top-right. If you're aiming for the hole specifically then pick the one that will slightly undershoot since getting perfect power seems to hit farther than what it lsits is the max distance. For putting you want to go a very tiny bit over what you need to go, especially when it's uphill. Don't ask about what direction is up or downhill on that map because it makes no sense to me.

For reference, -5 took me about four hours of attempts.

>>376173084
>I would be shocked if 6 is worse than 3
The demo is already disappointing enough and we know that there's only like 20ish substories total and a ton of things that were in previous games are now locked out or just gone.
>>
File: 343928402938.jpg (16KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
343928402938.jpg
16KB, 230x300px
>walking along a dark alley in 80s tokyo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y starts playing

what do?
>>
>>376175395
I start throwing clotheslines into the darkness hoping to hit something.
>>
>>376175395
>come home early
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XumLIrt6-_w playing in bedroom
wat do?
>>
>Mr. House
>Yakuza
>>
>>376175683
Run. Even if the trap is hot and has a feminine figure, I'd still run.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJSv_59BexY

fucking hell, this is the song I wanted the OST for. 10/10
>>
File: 1396898402983.png (104KB, 217x230px) Image search: [Google]
1396898402983.png
104KB, 217x230px
>>376175395
>that fucking buildup

I just want to fucking deck someone in the face when the drop hits
>>
>>376175868
>tfw will never shooreh pippi with iori-chan
>>
>>376176094
Iori Kogawa should've been a fucking hostess, dammit. I can't believe she was relegated to a sidequest.
>>
>>376166548

Usually people who undergo that kind of torture don't become more rebellious, they become fully aware of the extent of the violence that can be done to them if they disobeyed and become obedient. He was a good dog of the Shimano clan and made them good money but lacked the spirit needed to lead.

Kiryu was the opposite, believing everything can be solved with fists and a gun to the head of some person but that kind of thinking nearly doomed him and Akira to an unmarked grave chalked up as suicide. He had to be more careful and when he takes the fall, he has to take it fully. Kiryu never knew the full extent of what being part of the Yakuza means and Kazama probably allowed this to happen to tell them this is how bad it gets if you fuck up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV2_aTBrmmY
seriously fuck this minigame
>>
File: 1398214013512.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1398214013512.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>finally unleashing the dragon of dojima style in the last phase of the final boss fight

fug
>>
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21487.0

apparently an attempt was made to release an uncut version of 3, but it looks like they couldn't get translators for the cut portions
>>
>>376176497
Was I the only one who thought the legend styles were absolute bullshit?

On Kiryu I used beast style for 99% of the game, because it just did too absurd damage even if you *didn't* have furniture around. And when you do, it's goodbye to everything in your general vicinity.

On Majima I just used a katana the whole game once I unlocked the skill that makes it immune to breaking, because stunlocking every single enemy makes fights trivial. (And yes, it works on the final boss - didn't get a single hit in because I had him stunned against the wall for all of his 5 health bars)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxqXw7LTZQ
>I did it for the trophy
>>
>>376175309
>20ish substories
There's 51, but that's including Amon, the 6 or so hostesses and the 6 people at the snack bar minigame.
>>
>>376175309
Golf guy here. I actually got the platinum in 4, but I think you only have to try golf in that one. I blew through 50k in yen trying to get this substory in 3, I'm going to try again tomorrow. Thanks for the tips though.
>>
most fun
>karaoke
>dancing
>phone sex (fapping)
>pocket circuit
>bowling
>darts
>phone sex (game)
>pool
>classic sega games
>cat fights
least fun / most bullshit

didn't play rest
>>
who /24 hour cinderella/ here?
>>
Does somebody know the names of the songs that play in the background inside Sushi Gin?
>>
>>376177581
it's good but i prefer judgement for that glorious engrish chorus
>>
File: The best.webm (3MB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
The best.webm
3MB, 604x340px
This scene was fantastic, especially when you get Tiger Dropped on your ass when Kiryu goes into Red Heat and it deals a fifth of your health or when you see him using the combos from the previous games.

>>376176765
The one or two guys who were working on it talked about it here a couple months back, the problem was that the few translators that were available wanted to overly localize it all over again or didn't want to work on it simply because it was already done (Sort of like the Fire Emblem Fates situation) and felt it was a waste of time. Which is a shame since the entire translation of 3 is a mess, look at the dog being called "Rex" constantly despite hearing "Mame" and the doghouse reading マメ and then 4 goes and has Haruka shouting for Mame.

>>376177065
Thank you for the correction, people kept saying it was really low so that's how low I thought it was from when I passively checked some wikis a while ago. I think Rizap was also a decent portion of the substories as well?

>>376177312
Nah, golf in 4 is also -5 and the damn courses are ruthless compared to 3, at least in 3 you can easily get birdies. In 4 you basically need Kiryu and the Titanium Ball.
>>
Story would have worked better if Makoto died, prove me wrong.
>>
>>376177581
>>376177940
My favorite song to actually play is bakamitai
>>
>>376164119
SHOWTIME
>>
>>376178094
Just checked a trophy guide for 4, there is no equivalent to 3's Minigame Master or w/e it is that requires certain scores for all minigames. Looks like the only trophy associated with golf involves playing golf and fishing 5 times each.
>>
>>376178698
Yeah, but I meant going for 100% which is what I'm doing, Golf is the only thing I have left for all the minigames complete because the Golden Gun is always worth it and is a great stress reliever after you punching people for like 80+ hours.
>>
>>376178094
I think Rizap only has a couple. Baseball also has about 5. Some of the substories are also tiny shit like talking to the guy at the cat cafe to unlock that.
>>
>>376178094
>the few translators that were available wanted to overly localize it all over again
that's a shame. can't believe translators thought it was already done when so much of the content is missing. they need to go to manga or anime forums, those guys can be extremely particular about sticking to the source
>>
>>376178770
Oh, yeah. Thought you were going for the platinum and wanted to save you some stress if possible.
>>
Should I play 4 and 5 before playing 0?
>>
>>376179037
Yeah. 0 has some quality of life changes and going back to 4 and 5 will be a little jarring. If you can, try to play them all.
>>
File: 1492971071159.jpg (87KB, 828x830px) Image search: [Google]
1492971071159.jpg
87KB, 828x830px
Is there a real, actual reason for Kaoru being left out in future games?

Will Kiryu ever catch a break?
>>
>Real Estate gives you >1b while doing literally nothing
>Club Sunshine only gets you like 200m while you have to work and pay attention for 3 mins straight
Kiryu for me is sitting on like 50b while Majima is struggling to mantain a billion. Is this normal?

And of course the game then tries making it seem like a billion yen is a big deal (“Juu oku?!”) as if you couldn't get that in a minute of gameplay. Real gameplay/story dissonance there...
>>
File: entering a nintendo thread.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
entering a nintendo thread.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>376164119
/v/'s how to get into yakuza guide needs to be posted every thread

pastebin for newcomers
http://pastebin.com/X46U14yM
>>
How well can Yakuza 2 be emulated?
>>
>>376179734
>Will Kiryu ever catch a break?
This is a man who moves hours away from Kamurocho and still somehow has people coming for him despite not doing anything for like five years or more. It doesn't seem like he's allowed breaks.
>>
>>376180318
Silly Anon, you clearly haven't learned about Mr. Shakedown. The bank that funds 1 billion dollar real estate companies.
>>
File: 1458531418797.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458531418797.png
24KB, 240x240px
>>376164119
I just remembered this shit from an old yakuza thread 3 months back.
FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jU1fCT0d8
>>
Someone who has played 4 mind chiming in, during Kiryu's chapter is there any daytime hours where you've also met with the rest of the gang or is it strictly night when you meet up with them? I stupidly got the golf clubs on Akiyama but I need them for golf and am just wondering if I screwed myself over. I'm trying to avoid going into Premium Adventure if possible.
>>
File: 1446412407417.png (335KB, 456x522px) Image search: [Google]
1446412407417.png
335KB, 456x522px
>>376182726
bump keep this thread alive
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/367139353/#367141502
>>
>>376183065
In 4 you can go into PA but still use the same save data for New Game+. What's the issue?
>>
>>376183771
I like to have the save file done with everything before I can fight Amon since I like seeing the whole list lit up in one playthrough. Premium Adventure kind of takes away that magic and you can't really fight any bosses with the stuff you accrued, you have to go into a Premium New Game where everything is wiped for that.
>>
>>376164119
>The combat is a little fucked up sometimes
nah it's great combat
maybe someone feels it easy tho
>>
I WANNA BE YOUR GUUUUUUUUUUUURL

UUUUUUH UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo
>>
File: 1488785111161.jpg (105KB, 540x533px) Image search: [Google]
1488785111161.jpg
105KB, 540x533px
>>376175395
>clinches ass
>raise up the dukes
>shout "KUUUUUUUZEEEEEEE

get triggered and start wrecking shit like a goddamn madman
>>
File: 1480816282377.jpg (545KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
1480816282377.jpg
545KB, 1200x846px
Who actually felt bad for Nishiki?
Also, is he the worst Kyodai ever?
>>
File: heard you was talking shit.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
heard you was talking shit.gif
2MB, 350x350px
>>376164119
>combat is a little fucked up sometimes

Stop mashing square and explore your moveset. Use the lock-on. Dodge more. Grab and throw enemies when you're getting ganged up on, it'll give you some space. Guard after taking the first hit of a combo and you won't eat the whole thing.
>>
I'll post them again. These are the two songs on the 80s Hits Collection sung by Majima and Kiryus voice actors.
https://soundcloud.com/smokemycrayon/runner-ugaki-hidenari
https://soundcloud.com/smokemycrayon/angel-kuroda-takaya
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.