[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD I've beaten P3 and P4 without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: persona_5s.jpg?1493948823.jpg (107KB, 603x429px) Image search: [Google]
persona_5s.jpg?1493948823.jpg
107KB, 603x429px
WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD

I've beaten P3 and P4 without trouble but now I've to literally escape all the fights in order to advance(if I wanna complete a palace in 3-5 days).
>>
>>376162843
What difficulty are you playing it at? It wasn't that hard on default.
>>
it isn't. fuse better personas and don't be a bitch.
>>
>>376163010
hard since I'm used to SMT, but hard difficulty in this game is too hard
>>
Make coffee at LeBlanc's, get Death Link to 7 so you can buy SP accessories, and go to Mementos for grinding/items/money.
>>
>>376162843
It's not. No SMT is hard. They're very average RPGs in terms of difficulty.
>>
just get 4 SP adhesives

trivializes the whole game
>>
>>376162843
>being bad at persona 5
>being bad at any SMT
SP items or equippables, exploit weakness, win game
>>
I haven't run into too many rough patches DESU. But I'm in the last palace and I might be fucked because I used all my SP shit and beads in Shido's ship palace because I thought the game was going to end. Now I have no healing items and I don't even know if you're allowed to leave the last metaverse palace so I can make curry and shit.
>>
>>376163959
the combat in persona 5 isnt complex enough to be good or bad at it desu
>>
>>376162843
>finished the game in Hard difficulty
>still no trophy

Fuck trophies, but goddammit I made my first playthrough 179 hours, at least let me feel like I'm in elementary and reward me for participating.
>>
>>376162843
focus on making coffee and upgrading sojiro's social link. try and only focus on party member social links when you have time and make sure you get in social stats whenever you can for ng+. finishing palaces in more than 1 day means you can't do everything you want, so focus on stuff that matters and leave the palaces for the last week or so
>>
File: 5_RPGs_1.jpg (65KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
5_RPGs_1.jpg
65KB, 600x346px
>>376163643
>>
Fuse physical demons for bosses, keep ones that buff and some to exploit weaknesses. Always use Ryuji against bosses, his physical skills+charge are broken.
>>
>>376164692
Matador isn't that hard. He exists to teach you the mechanics of the game
>>
>>376165291
you're so pro man........................................................................
>>
>>376162843
You're legitimately terrible. I cleared first palace in 2 days to get to the treasure. Well, it took 4 because I thought there was going to be a fight when I spotted the boss in his throne room and didn't know about the calling card gimmick. So I left and came back the next day fresh. Only to have to immediately leave and come back the next day. That pissed me off. But after that I had my link up with best doctor enough to not give a fuck about SP or wondering what the best accessory to equip was for the rest of the game because the objectively correct answer was "Invigorate 3 patches"
>>
>>376163987
At least you can get free HP/SP restores from the Twins for free there
>>
>>376162843
Turn down the difficulty! I tried it on hard and noticed there isn't a direct correlation between the damage of attacks vs experience. It doesn't pay to play on hard at all.
>>
>>376165590
>I cleared first palace in 2 days to get to the treasure.
uhh? like everyone else?
it gets hard after the three palace when you have to farm yen and exp in order to be in the same level as shadows
>>
>>376166113
I never farmed yen or XP. Right now I'm at the last dungeon, my Joker is level 60 and everyone else around that level. All I did was fight enemies who were in my way, and occasionally press enemies for $$$ when they were all downed.
>>376165592
Really? Didn't know that, thanks
>>
>>376166113

>uhh? like everyone else?
>it gets hard after the three palace when you have to farm yen and exp in order to be in the same level as shadows
No. It gets piss-easy after the first because you can get Sae to 7. At 5 she can trivialize combat fatigue for one character because the accessories are so expensive. At 7 and with the money later levels of mementos/palaces give you can equip your entire active party with invigorate 3 accessories and fucking steamroll the game. Resource management goes out the window and the game becomes a joke. I played on hard the whole way through and it only got easier. A few bosses could be surprises if you didn't have A: Dekaja/Dekunda on any of your current personas or party members and didn't have 123 leveled. But besides that the difficulty curve dropped off. Just. :Like. All. SMT. Games.
If you have any system mastery the difficulty falls apart once you get options to work with.
>>
>>376163108
Literally get good. You should be able to kill everything first turn with ambushes.
>>
>>376163108
theres your problem.

i play on normal to see how the game plays, then i ramp that fucker up afterwards
>>
>I've beaten P3 and P4 without trouble
>I've to literally escape all the fights in order to advance
>complete a palace in 3-5 days
Unless OP never uses physical skills and blows his SP in two fights I refuse to believe this is true. This has to be some kind of bait.
>>
>I'm used to SMT

You shouldn't be having any issues then. Were you playing them on easy or something?
>>
>>376162843
>not beating every palace in only 1 day

I just got bamboozled though when completing the game about 15 mins ago, last mission was happening on xmas eve. I thought I would have had like 3 months to wrap up everything. but nope game railroads you to March before you can get to even do anything and even then its only 1 day of talking to your confidants.

Didnt even get to romance best waifu Haru.
>>
>>376165356
I beat Matador in one try because I accidentally got over-levelled due to getting lost. Also I had that one demon that basically negated him as a threat (some female one, cant remember now).
>>
>>376167043
You should have blown more cash at the Fortune Teller's. Affinity readings are the most broken thing, I swear.
>>
>>376166787
>uses physical skills
>get HP gone down to 1 because of fighting without using weakness
>have you use dia
>loose a shitton of SP because of dia
(?)
>>
>>376167305
I did, every single night that it was not raining and she was one of my first high ones, always had the appropiate persona too.

I also did things like video games though on nights where I could not progress an affinity to the next level, I honestly thought I would have been fine for time and expected to have more of it.

The main roadblock I had with Haru was getting the proficiency to start it and at that point I was working on wrapping everyone else up too.

Meh, might do ng+ eventually and do em all.
>>
File: 1386394300927.jpg (36KB, 440x436px) Image search: [Google]
1386394300927.jpg
36KB, 440x436px
P5 is easier than 3 and vanilla 4 by a wide margin.
>>
>>376162843
Eh once you unlock SP patches 3 on Death, Palaces become easy as fuck
Combine that with Hp and or sp increasing skills
>>
>tfw using my boy trumpeter against Shido

Why is he best skelly, /v/?
>>
>>376162843
It's more easy than other persona games
You know what you need to git
>>
>>376168374
mind if you delete this? Matador will be always best skelly
>>
>>376167430
lose 5 sp with dia
>loose
>>
>>376167430
>get HP gone down to 1 because of fighting without using weakness
Baton pass makes Ryuji, Yosuke and Haru so strong, that don't even need weakness. 2 or 3 physical skills should do the job.
>have you use dia
>loose a shitton of SP because of dia
Only Morgana and Makoto lose SP in that scenario, which is way less than casting offensive spells every battle.
>>
>>376162843
>I've to literally escape all the fights in order to advance
>(if I wanna complete a palace in 3-5 days).
i literately did every single fight in every single Palace at least once and got to the treasure on the first day they became available.
why is /v/ so fucking shit at video games
>>
>>376166113
>you have to farm
You have played this wrong
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.