[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to GOAT licensed games? Spider-Man, Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

File: Ultimate_Spider-Man_boxart.jpg (47KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Spider-Man_boxart.jpg
47KB, 256x315px
What happened to GOAT licensed games?

Spider-Man, Star Wars and probably DBZ all went to shit.
>>
>>376161634
fuck you xenoverse games are F U N
>>
>>376161713
Hense probably. Last one I played was UT.
>>
>Spider-Man

well there's the big one coming up next year

>Star Wars

I'll give you this one

>and probably DBZ

lol no. DBZ games have always been mostly trash. The Xenoverse games are pretty much the best ones yet
>>
File: xbox_insults_10.jpg (39KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
xbox_insults_10.jpg
39KB, 640x420px
>>376161915
>not liking Budokai 3 or Tenkaichi 3
>>
>>376161634
Activision went to shit, but Spider-Man has an Insomniac game that could be promising coming soon. No clue what happened with Star Wars, since I never played them. Xenoverse has been enjoyable.
>>
File: C_E-XKQXYAAPY1v.jpg (35KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
C_E-XKQXYAAPY1v.jpg
35KB, 480x300px
>>376162589
Spider-Man is still up in the air since we haven't heard anything in a year but the last two movies games were ass.
>No clue what happened with Star Wars, since I never played them
Nigga, how have you never played Battlefront 2 or atleast Lego Star Wars?
>>
>>376161634
did you forget the Bamham games from a few years ago? The first was good, and City was great. The others were middling, I admit. But still.

Also, there's the anime games. Ultimate Ninja Storm and One Piece Musou got damn good in the later games. Xenoverse, too.
>>
>>376161634
The new Spider-Man might be good, here's hoping.

>>376162589
>want to get Xenoverse 2
>~$80 for the game and all the DLC characters
The roster is really good though from what I saw. They should add Master Roshi.
>>
>>376163098
>The others were middling
Exactly. I can kinda understand Origins being kinda eh though. Different staff and all that.
>>
>>376162921
I'm hoping we'll see more Spider-Man stuff at E3 or SDCC. If Sony drops Spider-Man,
FF7R, and KH3 all at E3, I'm probably going to lose my shit.

As far as Star Wars goes, I'm not sure how I managed to not play them. For some reason I wasn't really into Star Wars as a kid, and wasn't really interested until the Blu-Ray anthology came out.

>>376163098
I'm still pissed about that Arkham Knight "reveal"
>>
>>376163098
>middling
Never heard of that word before, thanks, learned something new today.

Yeah I loved Asylum and City. That finale/final battle in City was the stopping point for me. There was no way they could have topped that in whatever the third game was.
>>
File: 1492600847183.jpg (53KB, 447x463px) Image search: [Google]
1492600847183.jpg
53KB, 447x463px
>>376161634
Most licensed games can but put on the play store (or iPhone equal) with microtransactions to make money a lot easier
>>
honestly, a lot it has to be down to ballooning budgets compared to 15 year ago. It must be pretty damn hard to make a competent game in same time frame as a Hollywood movie, especially when the nature of the game is determined by the scenes/casting choices/etc of the film
>>
>>376161634
Mobile phone games happened
>>
>>376163724
Pick up the original cuts of the prequels on DVD atleast.
>Disney haven't released the original cuts of the films on Blu Ray even with all their Marvel money

I think anyone who read a DC Comic was pissed at Arkham Knight being Jason Todd though.
>>
File: maximum.gif (671KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
maximum.gif
671KB, 200x197px
>tfw im playing ultimate spidey with my gf whos never played any of them

PS4 spider man better be fucking good, its been way too long since we had a good one
>>
File: venom.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
venom.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>376164071
How did she react?

Fucking had me shook as a kid.
>>
we'll see what insomniac makes of it
>>
Posting the Spider-Man trailer for the thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R2uvJqWeVg
>>
File: 1475099978396.jpg (84KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1475099978396.jpg
84KB, 500x747px
>>376164552
she thinks its really fun, especially the venom jump. shes seen all the movies so she knows a little bit about the series; im a big fan so im filling her in on all the lore and connections

im considering buying spiderman 2 online, i havent played it since it came out and i wanna see how manhattan looks compared to ultimate
>>
>>376164896
we better get a lot of fucking gameplay and a release date for E3 or im gonna be mad
>>
>>376161634
Xenoverse 1.5 is not too bad but I definitely agree that licensed games went downhill ever since the AAA game became the gold standard in the industry
>>
>>376164975
Better than Spider-Man 3 did on PS2, that shit was ugly and I'm pretty sure it lacked textures half the time.
>2 had Liberty Island
>Ultimate had a small part of Queen
>no games have Brooklyn, Staten Island, Bronx or Long Island
Hell, I'd take Buffalo, Rochester and Albany over nothing.
>>
>>376164975
>I'm a big fan
I'm so sorry

RYV and SM/DP are still better than the majority of Slott's run

>>376165089
I feel you on that one.
>>
File: 981263812.jpg (356KB, 966x913px) Image search: [Google]
981263812.jpg
356KB, 966x913px
>>376165504
im a fan of "older shit" from around when i was a kid (mid 90's and earlier). never got into modern spidey, so im blissfully unaware of how shitty the doc oc spidey run was, and i no nothing of gay black-mexican spidey, either.
>>
File: spidey follow.png (302KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
spidey follow.png
302KB, 768x576px
>>376165504
How did Marvel get so bad after getting slightly better with House of M/Civil War? One More Day is legitimately worse than the Clone Saga, atleast the Scarlet Spider designs were cool.

Old Man Logan and Hawkeye Vol 4 were GOAT though.
>>
>>376161915
Amy Hennig is directing a SW games according to rumors. But im afraid Disney is not gonna let her he creative with the game.
>>
>>376165940
Have you at least checked out the JMS era stuff? That's pretty good, until OMD hits and it goes to shit. Luckily that's the tail end of his run. Slott admittedly had some good stuff in the beginning of his run (like Back in Black and debatably Spider-Island), but he overstayed his welcome.

>>376166679
Was vol. 4 Hawkeye Fraction's run? I remember enjoying that. I have no idea how Marvel jumped the shark so badly, but /co/ will tell you stuff about SJWs, Ike Perlmutter, Quesadilla, and Alonso. There are still some good books and creators out there, though. King was doing great work with Vision and Nova has been good, even though it's getting canned. Spencer can be good, Duggan or Kelly should replace Slott, and Ewing is fantastic. Guggenheim should have stayed on Captain Marvel, but Marvel is all over the place with Carol.

This reminds me, we have that Square Enix Avengers project coming up soon. I wonder if we'll hear anything at E3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_V6WHSmQs
>>
File: nucles.jpg (81KB, 535x711px) Image search: [Google]
nucles.jpg
81KB, 535x711px
>tfw Bucky 'O Hare is one of the best Mega Man ripoffs on the NES

I miss when everyone was trying to ripoff Mega Man, Mario, and Zelda before everything just turned into a homogeneous pile of GTA goo
>>
>>376161915
>The Xenoverse games are pretty much the best ones yet
>>
>>376166679
Spider-Verse was worse than OMD.
>Cosmic Spidey gets killed by a massive asspull.
>Leopardon gets his ass kicked in his first major debut in comics.
>Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends get killed off.
>Spider-Men who have tremendous potential get killed before they get the chance to do anything. ASSASSIN SPIDER-MAN GETS KILLED OFF PANEL DESPITE BEING ONE OF THE STRONGEST, AND BULLET POINT SPIDEY WHO IS REED RICHARDS DIDN'T GET TO USE SCIENCE. QT EVA-SPIDEY WAS FORGOTTEN.
>HOW THE FUCK DID THESE TWILIGHT VAMPIRE FAGS GET TO SPIDER-THOR AND SPIDER-HULK
>FUCKING SILK MARY SUE BULLSHIT

MOTHER FUCK! I AM PISSED! JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS FUCKING GARBAGE SHIT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO CELEBRATE SPIDEY MAKES ME SICK! IT'S MAKING ME SICK!!!!!

Oh well, it could be worse. Hopefully Spidey being in the MCU means that they'll be forced to respect their fucking mascot and top seller.It could be worst. Spidey could be treated like X-Men. If you thought OMD and Spider-Verse were in bad taste, then you should see what they did to Cyclops.
>>
File: ultimatum5page13.jpg (338KB, 1024x1576px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatum5page13.jpg
338KB, 1024x1576px
>>376169149
>you should see what they did to Cyclops
Atleast it's not Ultimatum.
>>
>>376169304
What's the story here?
>>
>>376169703
Magneto kills NYC
Blob fucking eats the Wasp
Hank is an angry boi
Scott is an angry boi
Erik is a dead boi
>>
>>376161634
USM, the Battlefront games and DBZ games weren't really tied to a release schedule.
They simply "came out". They had time to be developed. So many DBZ games came out because rehashing and modifying a fighting game engine is pancakes for experienced devs like Namco. USM also used a modified version of the Spiderman 2 engine, which, as it's fucking obvious, looks horrendous. Blocky graphics, bad voice acting, shitty character models, terrible car reflections. It's a tie-in game through and through, except it had amazing swinging controls which makes it one of the best spiderman games ever. USM uses the same controls but it had a lot more time to be developed. Battlefront games were literally Battlefield games with a skin on them.

tl;dr: Time and Money were plentiful to make THOSE licensed games. Nowadays it's all mobile shit.
>>
>>376169872
Oh yeah I saw that blob strip. That was grotesque. Thanks for that, I meant more why Cyclops is killing that guy and who he is.
>>
>>376161713
They need to make Budokai 4
>>
>>376170309
That guy is Magneto. Erik and Magneto are the same dude.
>>
>>376161915
>lol no. DBZ games have always been mostly trash. The Xenoverse games are pretty much the best ones yet

This. There's only 2 good DBZ games. Hyper and Budokais.
>>
>>376170475
Well jesus. I assume that is one of the last issues? How does Magneto even come back?
>>
File: 1469189977483.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469189977483.webm
2MB, 640x360px
I wish I could play this game for the first time again
>>
>>376170584
He doesn't. Never returned in the next six years Ultimate Marvel ran before merging with the main 616 universe.
>>
>>376170750
Dis nigga straight shoryuken'd a motherfucker.
>>
>>376170750
Could you imagine if there were a version of the game that completely did all of USM, from issue 1 to Peter's death? Postgame content would be Miles or Peter before the final mission, but Bendis shouldn't be allowed to touch anything Miles related
>>
>>376170750
I'm playing it for the first time since a couple of days and I'm not gonna say it's not fun cause it is, but I don't understand all the praise, it's repetitive as fuck, other than the battle against Rhino, every mission is repeating the same tasks over and over: get from A to B, follow enemy X without losing them but not getting too close, pass through these check points, repeat.
The parts where you control Venom give some diversity due to the different moves and one more kind of missions(defeat/run away from shit load of soldiers), but the formula remains mainly the same.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.