[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 3 had the most post nuclear war feel of all 3D Fallouts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 18

File: latest.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
Fallout 3 had the most post nuclear war feel of all 3D Fallouts. If you disagree fite me 1v1 irl.
>>
maybe, if the bombs had fallen two years ago instead of TWO FUCKING HUNDRED
>>
>>376143096
explain.
>>
>>376143096

http://bfy(dot)tw/BdZl

Won't let me post link but this explains why you are wrong OP
>>
>>376143294
Next you gonna complain that the radiation ingame doesn't work like radiation irl.

>>376143383
New Vegas literally feels like a western, you don't really see desolation. 4 feels even less postnuclear than NV, it just looks like a run-down neighbourhood today.

Fallout 3 looks truly postapocalyptic.
>>
>>376143868
ok you vaguely explained why new vegas doesn't feel post-apocalyptic to you
now explain what makes fallout 3 feel post-apocalyptic
>>
>>376143505
>has no argument
where did I touch you?
>>
File: 1493919217301.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
1493919217301.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>376143505
>>
>>376144128
it literally looks postapocalyptic desu. whole city and countryside in rubbles. all looks dark and bleak.

NV only comes close to that in Lonely Road.
>>
>>376143096

Fallout 1 did it better.

Fallout 3 lacked the Gothic aesthetic of the first two fallouts. And say what you want about Fallout 4, but the art design was really good
>>
>>376143868
maybe thats because fallout 2 onwrds was post post apocalyptic

if fallout 3 was 50 years after the bombs fell, it would fit

but its fucking 200 years like fallout 2 and FNV

200 years after the bombs fell the westcost started to have goverments and nations form, tribes expanding outwards and major trading and cultivation

meanwhile, the eastcoast has done FUCK ALL in 200 years
>>
>>376143294
The Chinese infiltrators at Mama Dolce's spend the nights poisoning the CW with waste from the various toxic dumps.
They are so dedicated they also restock all the stores with food from the factory to maintain their cover.

The more you know.
>>
>Fallout
A post apocalyptic game
>Fallout 2
A post-post apocalyptic game
>Fallout 3
A post apocalyptic game
>Fallout:New Vegas
A post-post apocalyptic game
>Fallout 4
A post apocalyptic game
Bethesda must really hate Fallout 2 and New Vegas
>>
>>376144593
>most post nuclear war feel of all 3D Fallouts
>3D

2D Fallouts are great, but many won't play them, because they are used to 3D real time format.

Also I liked Fallout 4, it just didn't feel that apocalyptic (which you would expect after that bigass blast at the beginning, and smaller blasts in the city too).
>>
>if they made a fallout film it would be fallout 3/4 tier instead of 2/NV tier
>>
>>376144808
Heavy industry has restarted in the Pitt.
The vault program has been restarted.
They have a giant robot
They have a flying aircraft carrier...a fucking flying aircraft carrier.

Meanwhile on the least coast an army with mini nukes can't beat some cosplayers hiding in a stick fort.

Is the west coast even trying?
>>
>>376145242
Get ready for the E3 announcement of a Fallout series on CBS's streaming service.
>>
File: Fallout_Online_concept_art.jpg (1005KB, 1600x627px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_Online_concept_art.jpg
1005KB, 1600x627px
>>376145013

the biggest problem with the isometric fallout was the fact, that they couldn't recreate these epic concept arts of futuristic metropolitan cities. Which also F3 and F:NV suffered due to technical limitations, but Falllout 4 recreated this feeling of "what would it be to live in this kind of cities before the war" (even when it is very "basic")
>>
>>376143868
I can honestly say, I live in that god forsaken desert. Unless shit got glassed, it looks the same IRL, fuck tons of nothing.
>>
>>376145247
the pitt is one of the only factions in 3 and its DLC's who have actually done something.

vault program restarted for what? why?

the giant robot is pre-war and is used in the most retarded way, aircraft carrier means nothing if you cant run a fucking society, bethesdas obsession with the boS is retarded and their version is the total opposite of the actual BoS

meanwhile on the westcoast:

Legion has absorbed larges amount of tribes into their own gaining massive ground, forming a "complex" society based off roman civilization

the NCR are forming what could essentially be a fucking state with their own goverments, mayors, army and life

http://i.imgur.com/IvdM2s0.png

>west : fully thought out post post apocalyptic society with its own issues and idologies

>east : still living as if it was 50 years after the bombs fell scavenging from tinned food

the image is too big for posting normally.

200 years after the bombs fell the washington area would be either - became its own faction or been absorbed into another. same for boston.
>>
Yeah but what do they eat?
>>
File: Chernobyl_008-1024x682.jpg (260KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Chernobyl_008-1024x682.jpg
260KB, 1024x682px
This is an image of Chernobyl, less than 50 years since its great disaster. Plants are far more resistant to radiation than animals are, and given all the other factors that come into Fallout lore, plants should be the dominating feature of landscapes.
>>
>>376146690
yes but chernobyl wasnt hit by nuclear weapons, on global scale, but yeh there should be some fucking foliage in the capital wasteland
>>
>>376143868
>>376143096
>DURR WHAT THE FUCK, HOW DID JAPAN REBUILD TWO CITIES WITHIN THE SPAN OF A FEW YEARS AFTER ATOMIC BOMBS FELL ON THEM? SO UNREALISTIC

This was practically just after they dropped swords for guns. If a bunch of backwards-at-the-time Nips can do it, a bunch of leftovers from America can too.
>>
>>376146690
Chernobyl didn't get hit by munitions. It had a nuclear meltdown.
>>
>>376146841
while i agree that washington (if we ignore that it should have been hit by SEVERAL nukes) should have been rebuilt into some sort of a functioning city.

one thing though, the nips had help from america etc AND the rest of the country was functioning compared to the rest of those two cities
>>
>brilliant German Vault-Tec scientist, the head of Future-Tec and the creator of the Garden of Eden Creation Kit was locked up by his own choice in a Vault-Tec prototype simulation
>in which he appears as a little girl
What did bethesda mean by this?
>>
>>376146791
>>376146964
My point is that there should be more plant growth in any Fallout game that has decent water supplies in it. There should also be more hostile plant life, to fit with the theme of the world.
In fact there should be a bit more flora growth due to highly nutritious ash falling fucking everywhere due to widespread nuclear destruction.
>>
>>376147476
FNV has some of that, excuse of the desert allows you to not have much

1 doesnt have much understandably

2 has the same issue of a desert

3 and 4 should have LOADS though, running wild and uncontrolled
>>
>>376145976
>200 years after the bombs fell the washington area would be either - became its own faction or been absorbed into another. same for boston.

supermutants, though.
>>
>>376143868
It's extremely boring though. Green and gray rubble everywhere, especially where most of the novel quests are and filled with bullet sponges.
>>
>>376147683
you would think people would unite against such a serious threat
>>
File: NagasakiHypocentre.jpg (341KB, 1920x465px) Image search: [Google]
NagasakiHypocentre.jpg
341KB, 1920x465px
>>
>>376143096

there was way too much amurrica shoved down your throat
>>
>>376147454
>What did bethesda mean by this?
surely anime was a thing in fallout universe japan ----> the scientist was a weeaboo, and that simulation was a setting for his self-insert interactive anime with a loli
>>
>>376147683
I thought the supermutants showed up recently. If they did 200 years is enough to for raiders to form more of a personality or large group.
>>
>>376143096
if by that you mean it had the muddiest, most boring and terribly put together places, then yes, it truly had an apocalyptic feel to it.
>>
Fallout 3 looks pretty post apocalyptic but exploring it is fucking atrocious

>lol series of disconnected areas blocked off by knee high rubble
>hope you enjoy endless cut and paste sewers connecting all these locations for exploration
>>
>>376148259
I agree on the fucking idiocy of forcing you go through the metro/sewers. Is there a mod that changes that?
>>
>>376147826
Not post-nuclear enough for Betheshit fans.
>>
>>376143868
NV is trying to be post-post-apocalyptic though, while F3 is trying to be post-apocalyptic even though it doesn't make sense in context. It's fine if you like one over the other, just recognize that NV is more accurate.
>>
>>376148078
it doesnt matter

everything in the capital wasteland is so disconnected

you have the enclave and the BoS, both are a military faction with no actual population

you have these "cities" with no food, no govern and no military, just guards so the player doesnt go running around killing and stealing.

nobody is organised against outside threats, nothing would stop a load of raiders attacking and taking over megaton, rivet city or that RETARDED child city

FNV feels logical, working and planned.

F03 feels like a bunch of wacky stupid set pieces thrown across the map, same for F04

diamond city would have an army and push out a lot more than it has
>>
>>376147826
Those bombs were comparatively underpowered
>>
>>376148797
I know that. Calm down
>>
>>376148869
Those cities were comparatively poorly built
>>
>>376143096
ok where do you live irl lets meet up at the park at 4pm and ill fuk u up gud fgt
>>
>>376148796
I think at this point the lore is "East Coasters are retarded and barbaric while West Coasters wanted to rebuild civilization"
>>
>>376143096
Fallout 3 works best as a glorified theme park ride. It's essentially post-apocalyptic Disneyland.
>>
>>376148662
>2 nukes in 2 different cities vs thousands of nukes all over the world
subtle difference
>>
>>376149008
> americuck cities aren't poorly built
lol
>>
>>376148259
Worst thing about the game for sure.
>>
>>376149013
How dare you talk to me like that. You should get up and kneel to me now and I'll spare you the night of the 28th.
>>
>>376149190
>2 nukes in cities built out of paper and sticks

Both cities burnt to the fucking ground.
>>
>>376149657
yes but they cities also had the combined strength of japan and america to rebuild them
>>
>>376143096
>post-apocalypse
>supermarkets are still full of food that's still fine to eat
>apparently nobody in the past 200 years bothered to raid them
>>
>>376149876
We also fire bombed every other city in Japan.

200 years after some bombs went off and no one is trying to do anything in the Capital Wasteland, meanwhile in actual Fallout they restarted a state after 20 years.
>>
>>376150252
im not trying to argue that the capital wasteland looks like its 25 years after the bombs fell

just saying, those cities could be rebuilt etc thanks to the fact the whole world wasnt destroyed by a nuclear war, just two cities
>>
>>376145976
Least coast is terrified of Deathclaws.
East coast keeps them in zoos and sometimes makes them fight for entertainment.

Least coast has a robot army that can be defeated by stairs or a stick with a nail.
East coast has a robot army that exceeds pre war capability.

Least coast can't beat CL.
Three farmers with a smoke grenade could handle them in minutes.That's how long the barrage would last.
>>
>>376150827
oh wait youre retarded
>>
>>376150532
But the whole world was basically destroyed by war.

The only country that didn't really feel the effects of the war was the US, and we were still 15 years before we broke into what we would consider modern technology. It took forever to get shit done in 1945 compared to what it would take today, and they still rebuilt Europe, UK, Japan, China, Korea, and Russia (kind of).
>>
>>376150936
yeh the world was massivly damaged but not on the scale on fallout, with every city in the world being destroyed

plus the US had a large hand in reforming and rebuilding japan
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>ehhh let's build a town from scratch out of scrap metal around the dormant nuclear bomb instead
>>
File: 1487970377448.jpg (21KB, 347x318px) Image search: [Google]
1487970377448.jpg
21KB, 347x318px
BUT WHAT DO THEY EAT?
>>
>>376143096
no, it most closely resembled what a post nuclear war world would look like in your fantasy lala land, not what a post nuclear war world would actually look like.

There's no rhyme or reason to where or how any postwar shelter is built in Fallout 3, it's just "huh oh man this would be pretty cool." "A city on a tanker? yeah that'd be sick," just ignore the fact that in Postwar America urban DC would be among the most retarded places to settle in all of America.
>>
File: ff7_midgar_1024x768.jpg (197KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ff7_midgar_1024x768.jpg
197KB, 1024x768px
Am I the only one kind of disapointed by new vegas (the city). I thought it would be like the midgar of Fallout, but no, instead 30% of it is a street with a couple of towers and the rest is just a bunch of small, shitty ass, worn down buildings that are uninteresting (besides the gang of Elvis impersonators they're pretty cool)
>>
>>376151634
that was because of technical limitations thanks to gamebryo

there is a lot of things especially for stuff set in new vegas that was cut etc, a lot of it was restored in a few mods

is also a mod that cuts everything together for new vegas into a big functioning area
>>
File: new vegas.jpg (3MB, 3009x1272px) Image search: [Google]
new vegas.jpg
3MB, 3009x1272px
>>376151634

> uninteresting (besides the gang of Elvis impersonators they're pretty cool)

The gang related quests are some of the best in the Fallout series. Especially in Fallout 2's New Reno.

New Vegas was supposed to be massive (and not segmented), but the last gen consoles were limited.
>>
>Fallout 3
>destroyed city, charred roads, dilapidated landmarks, dead trees, gloomy sky, destroyed cars and public centers, collapsed subways and highways, mutated looking creatures

>New Vegas
>Cowboys and saloons, a fully functioning Las Vegas, just dirt for miles and miles, the occasionsl factory, giant geckos and insects, an in tact airfield with infinite number of explosives, a mountain not even 2 minutes away from the desert full of snow and green trees, a canyon with Roman wannabes on the other side

>Fallout 4
>90% of buildings still in tact, mostly just debris littering the streets, cracked roads, and destroyed highway overpasses.

3 nailed the post apocalyptic setting. 4 nailed the deserted city and eastern shore atmosphere. NV nailed... well... desert? Oceans 11 vibes I guess
>>
>>376152081
hey

fuckhead

here is a tip

after 1 the setting was post-post apocalyptic

how about you READ THE THREAD
>>
>>376152170
The setting has never been true post post apocalyptic. Even in 1 and 2 communities struggled, cities were giant trash heaps, most locations were abandoned or full of monsters, and civilizations were either heavily reliant on trade caravans or farming and looked like mesopotamian tribes. Still very much post apocalyptic.
>>
>>376152648
You're missing the entire point. 1 and 2 were many decades and centuries ago. By the time of 3 and NV many communities are not only beginning to federate but are actively rebuilding parts of civilisation. The NCR has helicopters.
>>
File: in case of bait.png (355KB, 1762x612px) Image search: [Google]
in case of bait.png
355KB, 1762x612px
>>376143096
>>
>>376153153
Donut reeeee wood?
>>
>>376153406
what type of wood?
>>
>>376152648
>>376152904
this, 1 was 70 years after the war, people were barely living, generations of tribes and towns were being wiped out

2 they started to build and expand but life was still tough

FNV they had a working society that still had issues but the were being sorted out

fallout 3 takes 10 years before fallout new vegas lol

compare the two coasts
>>
>>376153461
I see, a ply.
>>
>>376152904
I think you're missing the entire point. Fallout has never been about exploring a world that has been retaken and reestablished by man in civilizations with laws and order. It's been about exploring the lawless wasteland where tribes and factions refuse to cooperate, locations are separated by destroyed towns or barren wastelands, and everyone is fighting to survive while on the brink of extinction.

You can shout "muh 200 years later where are my trees and governments" all you want, but you're just proving how stupid you are.
>>
Why does Bethesda think everyone would still be living in shanty towns made out of trash 200 years after nuclear war?
>>
>>376153153
Donut pepe wood?
>>
>>376143096
B-but I agree with you
>>
File: postapocalyptic.jpg (791KB, 1000x677px) Image search: [Google]
postapocalyptic.jpg
791KB, 1000x677px
>>376143096
I liked it because to me it felt quite dark, kinda like an RPG version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I dig such things, they hit me in all the right spots. An there were mods that make the atmosphere even darker and shit was awesome.
This game NEEDS a fucking remaster.
>>
>>376153603
You couldn't be more wrong. The original developers have stated time and time again that Fallout is "more post-post apocalyptic" and focuses on how humanity eventually puts itself back together after the apocalypse instead of the wild barbarity immediately after the fact.
>>
>>376153603
Times change. You sound like a nostalgiafag who wants Fallout to be rehashed time after time. New Vegas was a stellar game precisely because it was the logical next step after 2 which was all about society slowly recovering. 3 was, as Bethesda games tend to be, a shitty aberration.
>>
>>376153603
Nigger did you even read the fallout bible or whatever
The whole point was exploring how people would rebuild
not just 'dude post-apocalypse setting lmao'
>>
>>376152648
>cities were giant trash heaps
except for Vault City, NCR, San-Fran...
>>
>>376153718
seems nobody in th fallout 3 and 4 world said "hey shit, according to this book, you can make bricks from clay, this seems like clay, oh wow you can make bricks, what if i tell the city for caps i will make houses for them out of bricks"
>>
>>376143096
WHY DONT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF!
>>
>>376153603
>Fallout has never been about exploring a world that has been retaken and reestablished by man in civilizations with laws and order.
That's exactly what it was about you chuckle fuck, not how many ways I can paint a wall with a raiders brain
>>
>>376143868
NV doesn't look as fucked because only 9 nukes hit it, while 68 were either disarmed or destroyed in flight.
>>
>>376150827
Not an American, but I thought East Coast was called Least coast, it doesn't make sense as a derogatory term for the West coast.
>>
Is there anything more boring than post-apo played completely straight? Just walking around scavenging shit and fighting raiders, or running away from raiders a-la The Road. And that's all you do.
>>
File: 10ic7co.jpg (127KB, 534x583px) Image search: [Google]
10ic7co.jpg
127KB, 534x583px
>>376143096
>>
>>376154434
Don't mind him, he wasn't born on the Best Coast so he's probably subject to generations of genetic stagnation.
>>
>>376153965
>>376153989
>>376154007
>>376154205
>all these non arguments

wew. Fallouts always been better when it felt like humans had less control over what was happening. I don't expect you NV babies to understand that.
>>
>>376154707
>hurr durr I was just pretending to be retarded

Fuck off retard.
>>
File: brainlet.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.png
4KB, 183x275px
>>376154707
>has always been better when
>the one time
>>
>>376154707
Why do Fallout 3 babies always seem to miss the point of the entire series?
>>
>>376154707
Go play Wasteland 2 for that feeling.
>>
>>376154434
It was just for the rhyming convention.
Also acceptable is Best coast v west coast.
>>
File: 1465576941353.jpg (102KB, 329x398px) Image search: [Google]
1465576941353.jpg
102KB, 329x398px
>>376154707
>mfw people like this are the reason Bethesda will shit on Fallout more and more for years to come
>>
>>376150827
>East coast keeps them in zoos and sometimes makes them fight for entertainment.
That was in New vegas too.

And you try battling every single army in the country when your precious Brotherhood of the east keeps stealing everything.
>>
>>376152081
>Fallout 5
>It's basically just current day Detroit
>>
File: 1491261262670.png (768KB, 1280x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1491261262670.png
768KB, 1280x1172px
>>376154904
>>376154931
>>376154940
>>376155164
>>376154886
>back at it again with the non arguments
I love how you retards play one game in the series and take that as the best one. NV was just a fucking half assed way to make the pretentious retards that didn't bother to play 1 and 2 to FEEL like they know enough about 1 and 2. Sad!
>>
>>376150532
>thanks to the fact the whole world wasnt destroyed by a nuclear war, just two cities

>just two cities

Do you have any idea how much was actualy destroyed after the two world wars?

Europe was a fucking crater, a city will be destroyed just as well by carpetbombing, just takes hours or days instead of beeing instant
>>
>>376144912
because making a setting like in New Vegas and 2 requires thinking carefully about how society progresses and functions as well as human nature, its good and realistic world building, something bethesda apparently can't do.
>>
File: UYabc5H[1].jpg (2KB, 89x89px) Image search: [Google]
UYabc5H[1].jpg
2KB, 89x89px
@376155971

>nuh uh me the real fallout fan
>>
>>376156547
>@
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>376155971

Not getting a (you) from me again
>>
>376155971
Numpty.
>>
File: large.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>376156679
Buy you're still replying to him, how does that change anything?
>>
>>376149212
Japan was made of wood and rice paper.
>>
This is genius bait OP.

The truth is, OP is 100% correct... but he's still trolling, because he knows /v/ will automatically REEEE at anything that looks remotely positive towards Fallout 3. Except, claiming that a Fallout game has the best "post nuclear war feel" isn't a compliment, because Fallout is not a post apocalypse setting. It's a post-post apocalypse. Bethesda don't understand this on any level and so they give us shit like F3.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.