[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't they remade the game so it doesn't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: spesssss.png (3MB, 2700x2300px) Image search: [Google]
spesssss.png
3MB, 2700x2300px
Why haven't they remade the game so it doesn't have to use the shit box byond?
>>
The sheer amount of autism that has gone into the game is hard to replicate elsewhere.
>>
>>376130905

It is literally impossible to be euro and play without ping, I wish somebody remade it on other plataform
>>
>>376131129
It's litereally impossible to anyone to play the fucking game without ping.
The game is just build it such a way that you take like 5 mins to do anything if more than 2 people are running the game.
>>
This game should have been a moo or something.
>>
>>376131308

I love the game but all combat related shit is so broken with that lag

I just want to cyborg people
>>
It's really hard to get all the autists to move from existing platform to a new one if the new one isn't good enough yet. And it needs autists to get good enough. And the worst part is all the boring shit like websites, build process and basics that no one wants to write.

t. dev of open source game facing this exact problem
>>
>>376130905
They don't really care anymore because of the leak and shit. They moved on.
Other people who work on the codebases are typically only good enough to patch shit poorly with chewing gum and scotch tape.
Since it's not the next mainstream AAA cawadoody clone with moba elements, nor is it a fart app, nobody else really tried (there were some attempts by underage tards who had no clue what they were doing at best).
>>
>>376132408
Isn't /vg/station actually adding new shit?
Or is it all broken hacks?
>>
What game is this?
>>
Because space station 13 is probably an absolute hell to recreate efficiently

The atmos, the wiring, all the obscure item interactions, multiplayer supporting up to like 100 people. It's an absolute hell that requires a proper AAA studio to have a crack at, and no studio would ever bother undertaking so niche
>>
>>376132827
Space Station 13.

Check it out if you haven't, it's one of the most unique games I've ever played.

The big problem is that the game really isnt popular enough for mainstream recognition. The player-base is maybe 700 people at this point, so someone building a new version to sell doesnt seem likely.

The game itself wasnt made for all the shit people have crammed into it over the years either. It was made as a 2-d atmospherics simulator. It's really amazing what SS13 has evolved into, but I can't see anyone improving the actual engine to make lag spikes less prevalent.
>>
>>376133228
Thanks. I will.
>>
>>376130905
>off-station permabrig
>in-station singu
>no xenobio
>no surgery
>no holodeck
>solars already half wired

Shit stations desu, would not captain
>>
>show friend SS13
>"so this is how you move around"
>"inventory is a little clunky, remember to switch hands when necessary"
>"that's another player, yeah he's ju-"
>friend gets paralysed
>"oh god, I don't know how to tell you this but you're already dead."

Changeling got caught dragging him in, but he either welded or bolted the door and engineers only managed to break their way in a couple of seconds after the changeling finally won the post-paralysis struggle and finished him off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.