[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I really did not expect this game to be good, but apparently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

So I really did not expect this game to be good, but apparently a lot of people have fallen in love with this game even though it just came out.

Lets talk about the nu-Prey.
>>
Buy me the game and I'll talk about it
>>
It's good. Now fuck off with your memes.
>>
>>376128874
b-but i love my memes..
>>
>>376128809
A generic game is getting high praise. I've seen everything.
>>
Can someone give me an unbiased pros/cons of the game?
>>
It has a nice intro with some nice music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWuASJiJTs
>>
I think a lot has to do with low expectations andd the game ending up with some cool stuff, for example, its a really good game at exploration where its actually interesting to visit different areas and the player having some liberty in how and when to visit them.

The rest does seem generic like story and the core gameplay (mostly the combat)
>>
>>376131070
From what i've seen the game looks like a mix of Deus Ex and System Shock. I like the RPG and stealth mechanics. The combat is also pretty hard and ammos is scarce.
Might get the game.
>>
>>376129936
t. Haven't played it
>>
>>376131070
Generic combat or story isn't something bad for me. It's something that works.
I like any game with a good exploration and different approaches to exploring.
Prey does that very, very good. One of the best games with exploration so far.
>>
>>376131334
The mimics turn into toilet paper! WHoa, so cool. Fuck off
>>
>>376128809
It's space bioshock. The first bioshock.
>>
It's a very good game (13 hours in. Getting to Deep Storage) heavily influenced by System Shock and Bioshock.

Only grip I have is that the UI could have been more subtle.
>>
>>376130792
Nigger it has a free demo. Give yourself some unbiased procons.
>>
>>376131596
Nice criticism autismo
>>
is the game's atmosphere like system shock/bioshock? thats one thing that would immediately make me buy it, there aren't that many games as unsettling as them that aren't shitty hide and seek sims
>>
>>376128809
Looks like a mix of Bioshock and Dishonored so it can't be horrible
>>
I beat it last night and completed most of the side quests.

The start and middle are the strongest parts of the game. There's a lot of mystery and a few twists and turns, you never know who to really trust or help.

Gunplay is ok but it's not the strong point in the game. There's more interesting abilities than there are guns and upgrades to go with them. The latter half of the game you're so overwhelmed with enemies, that are initially quite hard to defeat and then become normal enemies, that it's better to just run and jump around to each objective as it becomes a chore.

A little bit of save scumming required if you don't want to deal with the fallout of alerting a hole room as it's a massive pain in the ass to farm resources. It may seem like you're swimming with them at one point and then the game flips it shit in terms of how many enemies and how tough they are.

Music and sound is great but often it's overpowering when there's just 1 enemy, or it goes spoopy mode and you're not looking in the place to be spooped so it loses all context and feels wrong.

I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, I found myself somewhat invested in the story to care about doing most of the side quests and saving people.

Ending is a major letdown, feels a bit rushed at the end in terms of plot.
>>
>>376132021
Yes. It's not as "over the top" as Rapture but it's definitely the same kind of atmosphere.
>>
>>376128809
The music design is really great and gets on your toes once you realise how much damage two or tree mimics can do if they ambush you. And it's really satisfying when you sneak attack them because you realize that there was one chair instead of two last time you turned around.
>>
>>376132110
>Ending is a major letdown, feels a bit rushed at the end in terms of plot.

So just like System Shock and Bioshock.
>>
>>376128809
>giving money to bethesda
I'll just play it after it gets cracked in a month. I'm not that impatient. Now fuck off, shill.
>>
>>376131767
>no demo for PC

Just what the flying fuck, fuck you Bethesda.

I know it would make it easier to crack,
but still.
>>
>>376132660
If you're playing it on PC just pirate it.
>>
Is it as gruesome as the original Prey?
>>
>>376132696
I'll do that when (not if, when) it gets cracked. Then I'll buy it if it's great but hey, it'll be dirt cheap by then anyway so.
>>
File: 1463960811799.jpg (357KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1463960811799.jpg
357KB, 1440x2560px
>>376132696
>>
>>376132413
t. Poorfag
>>
>>376132790
No
>>
File: wallhaven-198322.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-198322.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>376132413
>It's the "buying video games makes you shill" episode
>>
>>376132660
They've told people to use steam refund so that's what I did. Ran like shit on my 1060.
>>
>>376130792
Pro
>fun to goo shit
>environment design is nice
>dismantling shit can be cool

Cons
>floaty jumping
>lack of enemy variety
>characters faces themselves look like ass
>>
>>376134429
>floaty jumping
YOU'RE IN SPACE
>>
>>376130792
Pros:
>Excellent non-linear level design with lots of hidden/alternate routes, puzzles and secrets
>Flexible upgrade system akin to newer Deus Ex titles, lots of possible character builds.
>High level of environmental interactivity, many emergent gameplay opportunities
>Grid based inventory
>Neat Neo-60's aesthetic with tacky glued-on wood panels everywhere
>Good world building
>Mimic AI
>Most enemies wipe a third of your health bar with a single attack.
>Enemies respawn and re-occupy previously cleared areas
>Great soundtrack
>Well optimised for PC
>Really long

Cons:
>Weapon firing animations can be pretty bad and some of them have horribly placed viewmodels.
>Cannot adjust FOV or disable motion blur without .cfg file edits, changing any settings will turn motion blur back on.
>Audio mix and volume levels are really messy and inconsistent, ambient noises often drown out voices and robots a section over can be louder than speaker system in the room you're occupying.
>Awkward music transitions between areas on top of this
>Enemy design is visually uninteresting
>Some enemies don't telegraph attacks well
>Texture quality can be pretty poor
>All of the AA options look really bad
>PS4 version supposedly still has input lag problems
>>
How to deal with the nightmare in Life support?
It one hit kill me before I can even unload all my shotgun ammos.
>>
>>376136357
>Dance around the center circle shaped area of the room. Chuck flammable tanks at him. Goo gun + shotgun.

If not just throw objects around the room and move about while their distracted.
>>
>>376130914
Is there more of this in the game? If so I'm gonna download the OST.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.