[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a GTA-like game, or an open world RPG that is realistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: ah.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ah.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
Is there a GTA-like game, or an open world RPG that is realistic?
I mean where ludonarrative dissonance isn't all fucked up and main character isn't a walking killing machine that should fry for murdering 20000000 people.
>>
>>376128160
Go outside.
>>
I think the closest thing to this is Pathologic, but is there anything else?
>>
>ludonarrative dissonance
LOL... just how many virgins are there in this place?
>>
>>376130050
>I came across the word 'ludonarrative' while searching for 'body dysmorphia'
>>
>>376129761
>>376130050
I'm just looking for some examples, how it would work, could it even work, and so on.
>>
File: 1484541179434.jpg (76KB, 585x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484541179434.jpg
76KB, 585x720px
Go play a fisher price game that sounds like it would be your thing.
>>
>>376128160
>ludonarrative dissonance
what the fuck
>>
>>376130050
>>376131176
new
>>
>>376131281
which e-celeb said it exactly?
>>
>>376128160
Why would you want that?
>>
>>376130050
All of them.
Fuck off Chad.
>>
>>376131512
To see how it would work. And besides, replaying TBoGT made me realize how boring it is to have a cutscene with characters making a conversation, having their unique quirks, and dealing with problems, and then gunning down hundreds of cops and mobsters without breaking a sweat and thinking about consequences.
>>
>>376128160
Realistic in what way?

You want a game where the character isn't a murderer and cannot kill hundreds of people quickly.

This is pretty much impossible in a 3rd-person shooter unless
1. NPCs are invincible
2. There are immediate consequences for murder

But 1 wouldn't make it realistic, and 2 wouldn't make it fun. So the only conclusion I can draw is to find an open world game without any combat whatsoever. Good luck!
>>
>>376128160
Dark SOuls
>>
>>376131176
an easy way to say "that thing in games where the game's story doesn't mesh well with the actions the player takes"
>>
Id say new vegas does this pretty well, as killing can be avoided in many cases and when you do kill it fits the narrative.
>>
>>376128160
Gothic
>>
>>376133196
I guess I want a game where you should fear death, while it's still lurking on every corner, or a "life simulation" that has something interesting to say.
I've never been a fan of combat in RPGs, I always enjoyed social side a lot more, but there's not enough games like this, sure, you can play horror games, Alter-ego, or indie titles, but do big studios have the balls to make something like this, and even better, would there even be a market for it?
I just want a game where you play as an average Joe, a game that feels like you're reading a Raymond Carver's stories, but with little twists and turns that would be implemented well in a video game world. Or like La Haine, where three adolescents find a gun and are put in a tough situation, thinking what would be best to do with it.
>>
>>376131398
All of them
From game faggots to extra faggots. Even the britsh faggot and aussie faggot
>>
>>376134303
What you want definitely isn't an open world game. You clearly want one of those fancy narrative-driven games.
>>
>>376135173
Most of them are badly written, and the way the story telling works in them is very unnatural and odd.
>>
>>376133196
Lego City Undercover is exactly that. No weapons of any kind, huge open world city (made of Legos).
>>
>>376131176
Come up with a better term for "the difference in tone presented by the cutscenes/story and what the player can do in gameplay" then, please.

And don't give me any bullshit about how "it doesn't need a word". It's a result of game design, to discuss games as a medium this concept would absolutely come up because it's a concept exclusive to video games.
>>
>>376128160
I've got a walking simulator you might like. It only costs 15 bucks
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.