[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just got Dark Souls 3 & Doom for $48 Why is G2A a bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: Donald Worship.jpg (464KB, 900x997px) Image search: [Google]
Donald Worship.jpg
464KB, 900x997px
>Just got Dark Souls 3 & Doom for $48

Why is G2A a bad site again? Apparently there are people on /v/ who think you're scum if you buy off that site?
>>
>>376126116
People who are mad at G2A are totalbiscuit's drone army or redditors.
Now there may be legitimate reasons to not like the site, but the loud virtue signaling is because of TB or Reddit.
>>
>>376126116
G2A are not your friends, they use underhanded tactics to scum you of your money with G2A Shield and don't give a single fuck if their keys are bought with credit card fraud, because it's the devs that pay the price for it (chargebacks).

I did get that Superhot deal though, because it was too good, even if I had to sign a pact with the devil to get it.
>>
>>376126116
Why didn't you just pirate those games? Most people use steam because it's a convinience, you don't have to check to see if you're pirating the correct version, does it have any bugs etc. But pirating a game is actually easier than buying it on shitty sites like G2A. You just go on a private tracker site or just go on piratebay get a torrent with good amount of seeders and you're good to go.
But with G2A you have to check if the seller's legit, you gotta make sure you have money on your paypal to buy the game, you gotta wait till G2A sends the key, you gotta make sure you pay for the sheild only for a month.
So I'd understand if you had bought a new single or multiplayer game but these are old singleplayer shit. So why didn't you just pirate retard?
>>
>G2B shill still on /v/

Man, how much are they paying you?
>>
File: gudshitputer.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
gudshitputer.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>buying steam keys off steam

It's as if people WANT to throw their money away. I ALWAYS buy from the shadiest of shady keysellers, as long as they offer the cheapest deal out there. Not specifically G2A, but sellers like that.

And i've NEVER had any issues with it.

Worst risk you take is by not paying attention and you get a key for a proprietary DRM platform you don't want. (One time I got a key for a TellTale game, and apparently these fucks think they're so important they need to have their own platform)
>>
>>376126116
If you are going to buy from G2A may as well pirate the game.
>>
G2A pirates and sells you the same package. The developer gets nothing. Might as well just take out the middle man and pirate.
>>
File: 1481778994969.png (111KB, 707x783px) Image search: [Google]
1481778994969.png
111KB, 707x783px
>>376126880
>he doesnt pvp in dark souls
>>
>>376127347
Yes, I'd like to get cancer after I reach 50
>>
>2 guys make thing
>each thing costs $60
What? that's too much, I can't afford $120 of things

>guy steals 2 guys things
>sells for $20 each
Wow, that's great! I support your efforts and will pay these items.
>>
File: 1449408486879.png (279KB, 572x550px) Image search: [Google]
1449408486879.png
279KB, 572x550px
Why not just pirate at that point? The developers didn't get any money from your purchase. Some random guy did.
>>
>>376129312
Yeah and that random guy simply summoned that key through satanic magic
>>
>>376129441
Or he bought it with a stolen credit card. Or he exploited regional differences to buy it cheap and sell high.
>>
>>376129530
"exploited" regional differences

I don't think you're even aware how far the developers dick is currently down your throat
>>
>>376129631
Look man all I'm saying is if you don't care about the developers you might as well pirate the damn thing. Save some money.
>>
>>376129530
>buying low and selling high is wrong
>>
>>376129764
People who make their wealth simply by manipulating money and not actually contributing anything are worthless.
>>
>>376129886
You're telling me distribution of goods at competitive prices isn't contribution?

What counts as contribution for you then? Nothing less than shoveling shit?
>>
>>376126116
>Want to buy a game on g2a, it's $9
>I'll think it over and come back later
>Go today
>It's $16

Fuck me. I wasn't expecting the prices to change. Never used the site before. Not for moral reasons, just felt too fishy to put my credit card on it.

Also, why is this site filled with corporate boot licking white knights? I thought /v/ was the edgy rebel crowd. I almost never pirate (fear of malware), but a good price is a good price if you ask me.
>>
>>376129685
I care about the developers enough to pay them how much I think the product is worth, that's a pretty fundamental concept of the free market.

What I want you to answer is how many "stolen keys"you think are currently in circulation on g2a and how those keys are acquired, because I'm pretty certain you probably overblowing the significance of a couple news articles
>>
>>376130346
>I care about the developers enough to pay them how much I think the product is worth
That doesn't answer my question of why you're paying some random guy instead of pirating.
>>
People who buy off G2A are stupid as fuck. Almost every time the game will have gone on sale for a lower price at some previous point - why did you buy these two games now instead of at release or when they were at a lower price than what you just bought them for?

Seriously, OP, Dark Souls has been 25 and DOOM has been 15. You're a fucking idiot who wasted 8 dollars on some shitty site for no reason at all.
>>
>>376127064
>bought a TTG game from a key site
why the fuck didn't you just pirate it? it's not like the money from a keysite goes to a developer, and TTG games are all easily piratable. Why the fuck would you buy one of those unless it was from the devs themselves?
>>
Dark souls 3 was $5 on indiegala a few days ago.
Doom 4 has been $10 various places.

Sorry you wasted money.
>>
>>376130414
You know that guy BOUGHT that key, right?

Do you think when you buy an AAA game key on steam the money goes directly to the developers? Steam makes that shit in bulk too

Do you think all transactions past one exchange are theft? Do you even understand what creating demand is?
>>
>>376130419
G2A is great for games that have been in humble bundles in the past, but are almost never on sale.
>>
>>376126282
fpbp.

All you moralfags can fuck off
>>
>>376126602
>implying I pay for g2a shield
>>
>>376130487
>$5 on indiegala

Was that a pricing error?
>>
>>376130419
This. Just sign up for a bunch of price alerts on CheapShark and play something else in the meantime instead of giving money to scum for no reason.
>>
>>376130419
Because people want to buy it at near sale prices now, not eventually.

>wtf why would you buy rice from wal mart just go to china and buy it from half price!
>>
Lmao Keys are done when gabe gets through with them.
>>
>>376126116
>buy from steam or physical
>creators get them money

>pirate
>you dont lose money but nobody gains it either

>key reselling
>you pay money publish get nothing

Just pirate if you dont want to give them money unless it's multiplayer focused game like DS3
>>
>>376126116
Because they fence stolen keys, which hurts developers and supports crime.

cdkeys is where it's at.
>>
What about the ones on G2A and the likes that are Steam Gifts, not keys?
Don't those have to be purchased from Steam itself in the first place?
>>
>>376130915
Buying from G2A is like going to China to buy something for a higher price than its sale price at Walmart last week. OP is still an idiot.
>>
>>376131139
Alright cool how do you identify when a key has been stolen as a market place, when steam can't do it when it happens to them
>>
Moralfags fucking kys

Guys just type in "game name" allkeyshop on google

There, any game you want with all the best prices on key stores.
>>
>>376131095
You don't seem to understand how key reselling works. Keys sold by third party vendors, including G2A, are purchased from legitimate places, and that money goes to developers. The problem arises when the keys are purchased with stolen bank cards and the legitimate owner of the card charges back.
>>
>>376126116
It's like pirating games in the sense that the publisher/dev gets no money but it also costs you money, pirating is a better option.
>>
>>376131095
The keys are bought from somewhere, anon. Publishers are getting some money for the keys, just not from whoever uses G2A etc. Unless the price is worth it for me, I'll always go to G2A etc for prices that I feel are more acceptable. It's never failed me before.
>>
>>376131287
cdkeys sells only legit keys. The recent controversy over money laundering using keys bought with stolen money involves only G2A.
>>
>>376131318
No UH actually all the keys have been stolen and all the reputable sellers who have sold millions of keys just steal all of them and none of it gives any money to the developers? Buying from G2A is LITERALLY like killing the developers children
>>
>>376131358
Devs are getting money for the keys. They get bought from official sources at some point before they reach the final G2A buyer.
>>
>>376131418
You think every other reseller has a magical way to detect credit card fraud that happened on another website? G2A is being targeted because they're by far the largest. If they disappeared Kinguin would be the next literally Hitler.
>>
>>376131418
>only G2A
and Kinguin, G2Play, Gaming Dragons, GamesDeal, GameLaden, GK4A, and a whole fucking bunch more.
>>
>>376131418
cdkeys isn't a fucking marketplace you mongoloid

do literally any of you know half the shit you're arguing about?
>>
>>376131358
so its like bying a second-hand game but without being owned phsytically ? sounds nice to me
>>
You retards really don't understand key reselling and G2A do you?

Games are $60 for us, but for steam users in places like Russia they are a LOT cheaper. Russians buy them for really cheap and then sell them to us through places like G2A for a profit but also a good discount for us.

I support hard working Russians

Yes there are stolen keys but they make up maybe 5% of the whole market, get that indie devs dick out of your mouth

I'm going to Jew the Jews.
>>
>>376131654
Except the second-hand game has never been opened and is by all means still considered "new"
>>
>>376131095
You're thinking that the creator getting money is the issue. It's not; the legality is.
>>
>>376131650
You don't buy keys from individuals on cdkeys, you can on G2A.
>>
>>376131991
Yes exactly that's what I'm fucking saying you retard

No shit cdkeys isn't going to have the problem of dealing in stolen keys if they buy all their keys as a single company probably from the developer themselves. G2A as a market place has infinite sources, like 1% of them shady
>>
>>376131709
No anon, you must go to Russia and buy the games physically in order to support the devs you cheapass.
>>
Should i get ds3 from g2a right now? Its 30 bucks.
>>
>>376132497
I just got it yesterday from there so why not? I did look on other sites, kinguin, gmg, and one other but they either didn't have it or it was more expensive.
>>
>>376126116
If you buy off G2A why not just pirate? Your money's just going to some Eastern European script kiddie anyway.
>>
>>376132765
You can't play online games when you pirate dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1481409328008.webm (2MB, 652x355px) Image search: [Google]
1481409328008.webm
2MB, 652x355px
Most keys on G2A are bought legitimately, TB and Jim Cuckling have a misconception that if fraud is possible then it must be promoted and common.

I've sold a lot of keys on G2A all bought personally. I even got asked to prove I owned them legitimately by providing receipts.

There are reasons to hate G2A (such as G2A shield and their many fees) but these guys just want to be le epic voice of justice in the industry to their fans, they don't care if they're correct or not so long as they sound righteous.
>>
>>376132810
Is anybody buying DaS3 or DOOM for the multiplayer?
>>
>>376126116
>Not pirating most games and then buying the ones you want to support through legit retailers
Brainlet
>>
>>376132889
Yes, what sort of retarded question is that?
>>
>>376132823
>misconception

They're industry shills, they know damn well that people with hundreds of thousands of keys sold don't sell stolen keys.
>>
redditor moralfags that suck off the developers that are butthurt about their profit margins being undercut

I don't care about 'supporting the devs', I love classical music but does that mean I support my favorite pianists by buying their cds? Fuck no I buy it off rutracker

pirating doesn't let you use online features and also most of the shit has malware and I don't use private trackers, so g2a is the best compromise for me

also the muh stolen keys thing is bullshit, what g2a does is buy keys during sales and from shitty third world countries so you get the slav price instead of the american/western europe price.
>>
>>376133245
>Fuck no I buy it off rutracker
sorry pirate it off rutracker I just took some pain pills and I'm in stupidland rn

point is I don't give a shit about the devs and I mostly play online multiplayer games and not singleplayer so I need the online features, pirating doesn't let me do that, thus I use g2a
>>
>>376126116
They are kinda scummy, but I don´t really care. I´d get that Buyer-protection thing if you buy things above a certain price though, I had my Dark Souls 2 and GTA V keys revoked. Got my money back luckily.
>>
>>376130423
because piracy is illegal.
>>
>>376131709
You think paying salaries for 50+ people for 2-3 years comes cheap?

The games cost less in some third-world countries because the game has already been made and it's some extra money that's better than nothing, not that the price for the rest of the world is pure jewery.

I hope you like cheaply made B-grade games and indies because that's all you're going to get if the prices are forced down to Russian levels.
>>
>>376126116
>wait for a sale
>or better yet, pirate
These two options is better than buying keys from russians
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.