[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled. Can we all agree it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: 1488912771995.jpg (327KB, 1111x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488912771995.jpg
327KB, 1111x1600px
Now that the dust has settled. Can we all agree it's fucking garbage?
>>
No point in trying to gather consensus on a contrarian site like 4chan.

DSII was decent at best, though.
>>
>>376121141
It's the best game of the trilogy by far you dumb redditor.
>>
>>376121141
>Started the DS series with DS2
Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>376121141
No, it's literally perfect.
>>
>>376121141
It's complete garbage.
>>
>>376121368
Don't worry, almost everyone on /v/ started with DS2 and knows DeS only from watching jewtube videos.
>>
File: Rayman mode.jpg (15KB, 298x163px) Image search: [Google]
Rayman mode.jpg
15KB, 298x163px
I can't remember the last time I saw such a concentrated amount of graphic and design issues in a single game.
>>
No it was great, most consistently good Dark Souls game. It's not as good as 1 but at least it's not as bad as 3.
>>
>>376121478
almost everyone started from DS1, not 2
>>
>spiders drop Zweihänders
>cat-sized kobolds drop black knight weapons and high level spells

truly a masterpiece
>>
>>376122132
>Rats drop Humanity
Dark Souls 1 was fucking retarded as well
>>
man, it's really a matter of luck how threads about a specific game turn out. one time the redditor is the person liking the game, another time it's the dude hating on it. if you think about it, you niggers are beyond useless and should kill thyselves asap
>>
File: DS II hitboxes part 3.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DS II hitboxes part 3.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I thought we already agreed on that shortly after release.
>>
>>376122331
They got it from eating corpses like the one in the aqueduct does.

It's also the reason why the Chaos Servant invader Kirk is in the Depths - he's farming humanity for Queelag's sister by killing rats.
>>
>>376121527
I've seen this posted before, but why? What happened when you put those on?
>>
>>376122427
LEVEL
YOUR
ADP
You level up your health so survive more hits
You level your endurance to increase defense and put out more hits
You level intelligence for casting speed and magic/fire/dark bonus

Why is it such a difficult fucking concept that leveling ADP lets you avoid these attacks with ease?
>>
It's there anyway to control the attack after rolling? Or it's fucking useless? Also, how do I do the critical attack after successfully parrying? I know you can do it before the enemy drops on the ground.
>>
File: 1493773877876.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493773877876.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>376122665
Fuck adp, leveling it is completely unecessary. just time your rolls better scrublords
>>
File: 20170430134759_1.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170430134759_1.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>>376122573
It loads the wrong glove model (without the wrist parts) so your hands are just floating around.
>>
>>376122665
Because it's a concept that wasn't on the previous two games.
>>
>>376121141
Now that the dust has settled. Can we all agree OP fucking retarded?
>>
>>376122665
attacks NEXT TO the character model shouldn't do damage...

I don't know why this is so hard for you retards to comprehend.
>>
File: DAEMON_VECTOR.jpg (57KB, 604x400px) Image search: [Google]
DAEMON_VECTOR.jpg
57KB, 604x400px
>>376121141
Now that the smog was produced by Smaug can we all agree that you, OP, are a Hobbit lacking in stature but not in dung memes?

Nothing you will say will make me think that DSII was worse than pic related.
>>
>>376122683
>t. sub 100 IQ poster
>>
>>376122665
It's still retarded design, why should you have to level up a stat to counteract dogshit hitboxes?
>>
File: old-knight-greatsword-lg.png (1KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
old-knight-greatsword-lg.png
1KB, 220x165px
>>376121141
Bamco was a mistake. Also whoever the retards that caused the game to have the lighting engine stripped out and rebuild the game from incongruous scraps that the version before director changes and downgrades had.

Overall? Fuck videogames and fuck you. I like the Sinner UGS and this thing tho
>>
>>376122818
Oh shit Rayman.
Thanks for informing me, Anon.
>>
>>376122948
C'mon dude, I just the game and need some help. ;_;
>>
File: DS II hitboxes part 2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
DS II hitboxes part 2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>people are actually defending the concept of ADP
>>
>>376121141

Better than Dark Souls 3 with its overly aggressive, infinite stamina, poise tank through your hit even though i have no armor enemies who have the attack patterns of a blender attached to a fucking yo yo.

And atleast the pvp isn't a laggy, R1/roll spamming, gank fest circle jerk. DS3 murdered invasions, and Miyazaki pissed on the corpse.
>>
>>376122985
Because just like how there aren't weapons you can wield unless you have enough STR/DEX, and spells you can't use unless you have the requirements, there are some attacks you cannot avoid while standing right in its hitbox without the proper ADP.
>>
I love all three games although I think 2 was the weakest.
However its online play was stellar.
I thought this was the agreed statement?
>>
File: smug ai.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smug ai.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>376121141
>it's a Miyacucki and his merry band of shit-eaters are desperately trying to divert attention from their freshyl shat out shittiest game in the series selling like utter dogshit by badmouthing the best game in the series episode

Don't you have more franchises to ruin, Miyahacki? How about you go work on Armored Core next, LMAO.
>>
>>376123059
Just a shockwave, working as intended™
>>
>>376123059
git gud
>>
>>376123187
>while standing right in its hitbox

But if the hitboxes were actually accurate to the model this wouldn't be a problem. It's totally unnecessary.
>>
>fucking garbage

C'mon man don't be dumb. While it's weaker than the other games, it's still a pretty great game overall. If you enjoy the other games, you really should be able to get some enjoyment from DS2 too, even if it is disappointing in many ways.
>>
>iron keep
>most bosses can be easily beaten by keeping shield up and strafing
>shrine of whatever the fuck it was
>huge difficulty spike between the main game and dlc

Putting those aside, I had fun playing it
>>
"Enemies hitting me with attacks even though I was entirely outside of the physical model is stupid!"
"But it's also stupid that I can't just avoid every attack by rolling all the time and never getting hit like in Dark Souls III"

Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>376122948
No, his first point is an actual issue with DS2. If you roll past an enemy while not locked on, you can't hit them with a roll attack because you can only turn 90 degress with a swing. That alone makes it the worst game in the series by far.
>>
>>376123059
>fights dragons
>complains about realism
get goud
>>
DaS2 is the fast food of the genre
>>
>>376123416
???
>>
>>376122367
spotted the butthurt souls cuck.
>>
>Still managed to get further in II than the linear reference fest that is III
God that game was shit
>>
>>376123059
It's a terrible design choice, but once you're aware of it and how it works you can just drop some points into ADP and forget it exists. Yes it's dumb, but it's not game breaking unless you go in not knowing about it.
>>
File: 2hu2.jpg (75KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
2hu2.jpg
75KB, 306x331px
>Decided to replay the whole Souls series from start to finish
>Play DeS and DaS, everything going smoothly
>Start up DaSII and immediately be put off by the sluggish movement and rolls which feel like you're underwater
Being able to roll to any direction you want is a clear improvement over DeS and DaS but man, the movement in DaSII feels just awful. I think I'll just move onto DaSIII.
>>
>>376123550
Seriously, I really struggled with DS3, it baffles me how so many people not only loved it, but consider it to be the best in the series. Its fucking bloodborne wearing the skin of DS1 with a really unrefined combat system that sits somewhere between both.
>>
>>376123976
What? Last I remember Dark Souls II, the game and the character were a bit too fast.
>>
File: Souls.png (995KB, 1994x624px) Image search: [Google]
Souls.png
995KB, 1994x624px
>>376121141
weakest of the trilogy and the DLC did not fix things despite what the fans claim
>>
>>376122846
>Because it's a concept that wasn't on the previous two games.

and then thankfully removed in 3
>>
>>376123435
>fantasy settings excuses shitty hitboxes

It's got nothing to do with realism and everything to do with shitty game design, you dumb DS2 apologist.
>>
>>376124459
spot on list
>>
>>376124702
except demons souls isnt as good as crumbo souls
>>
>>376121141
There is nobody who disagrees with this except hipster faggots like @vanserchan that believe DS2 is the best game in the series because they're contrarian pieces of shit
>>
File: f16.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f16.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>hear for years about the DaSII artificial difficulty because muh combat built around 1v1 memes
>bought the game a few days ago
>realize how great playing with no lock-on and whiff punishing instead of rolling or blocking is
>all those movesets I ignored in DaS because backstab fishing was so easy
>revamped riposte and backstab mechanics further balance the game towards actually fucking fighting the enemy
>all those great multiple enemy encounters where I'd weave, roll and punish flying like a butterfly
>great enemy design like the Heide Knights swinging behind them after the first hit further preventing pussy play
>mfw autists complained about this shit for YEARS parroting Matthewmatosis' retarded video like their bible because they couldn't cheese everything with circle-strafing and backstabs

Literally git gud
>>
>>376121141
No, gameplay wise it's the best in the series after Bloodborne, storywise it's at the bottom, but still miles ahead of 3.
>>
>>376123174
THIS. also
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>the worst, newbie/scrub favoring invasion system yet
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks

>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao
>>
>>376123059
Was the person in charge of DS2 hitboxes the same person in charge of the hitboxes of the hydra projectiles in DS1?
>>
>>376121141
Better than dark souls 3
>>
>>376121141
it was okay
>>
>>376121141
>love 1
>get burned with 2, dislike the game
>3 turns out to be so devoid of heart and inspiration that it makes 2 look like someone's swan song
>now 2 looks better in comparison

this was b-team's plan all along
>>
>>376121141
Not garbage but also not much more than good.
Thinking DaS3 is significantly better than DaS2 is mostly wrong in my opinion.
DaS2 does quite a few things passably with a few gems and a lot of things horribly wrong, while DaS3 does a lot of things passably but the stuff it does wrong is mostly minor nitpicking stuff.

For comparison torches.
In DaS2 the lighting is basically fucked but if you pull out a torch then you cast shadows and shit. The torch is on a timer and you have to light it at a bonfire or with an item. Some enemies are scared of fire and will back away and some NPCs and enemies will become aggressive if you pull out a torch. There are some puzzles involving lighting sconces as well. If you put away your torch or roll through water then your torch goes out and you have to relight it.

In DaS3 the lighting is basically alright but if you pull out your torch then it doesn't cast any shadows. The torch is a weapon that can be pulled out at any time. Some enemies will enter a vulnerable animation when hit with fire based damage that can't be activated again or prolonged until the enemy is out of it even if you keep reapplying fire. Pulling out a torch will instantly remove maggots. If you put away your torch it goes out and gets stuck to your back.
>>
>>376125832
>>376125832
You covered it all
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post this much lol
>>
>>376123416
actual retard
>>
>>376121478
Why the fuck would anyone start with a PS3 exclusive. Are you one of those retards who actually bought a PS3?

Also, yes DS2 sucks balls
>>
>>376125832
Either DLC adds arena matchmaking.
DLC definitely didn't save it either.
>>
>>376121557
How was 3 bad? Gameplay-wise, sure, its not as balanced. Lore and general enjoyment was much more than 2 IMO. DLC is incredible as well.
>>
>>376122427
i loved dark magic. so sexy
>>
File: 1488614124218.jpg (24KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
1488614124218.jpg
24KB, 308x302px
>>376125832
>>
>>376127504
Because the series started with DeS autist
>>
>>376121141
When you compare it to other Souls games and Bloodborne, yes, pure dogshit. Embarrassing.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.