[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just because it's selling well doesn't make it a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12

File: nintendo-switch-console-4923[1].jpg (48KB, 830x467px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-console-4923[1].jpg
48KB, 830x467px
Just because it's selling well doesn't make it a good system.

You can't rely on sales all the time. Look around and you'll see tons of port begging and whinging about lack of library. Switch owners are bored, disappointed, and remorseful because Nintendo fucked up the launch so badly. So many are waiting for the release of Splatoon 2 because this console launched in a state of drought.

I don't have high hopes for this system, and that isn't even getting into the potential developer apathy for developing games so out of spec compared to what they could produce on PS4, XB1, or PC.
>>
ok
>>
>>376120860
I'll bite. How did they fuck up the launch?
>>
File: 12Switch.png (81KB, 689x326px) Image search: [Google]
12Switch.png
81KB, 689x326px
>>376120951
Trying to sell this instead of packing it in.
>>
>>376121008
That's it? That's all you're got?
>>
Mods, we got an anti-nintendo here.

Get rid of him now!
>>
>>376121117
It's some sort of meta bait, where he baits you in by pretending to be god awful at making bait threads
>>
>>376120860
It's a new system. Is its library sparse? Yes, but ironically it will only get future games if a significant amount of people buy the console. This is how all consoles launch. The fact that it sold so well means that the switch will receive more support than, say, the Wii U.

So yes the switch is doing well.
>>
>>376120860
>THE WII U IS SELLING HORRIBLY WHICH MEANS ITS A SHIT SYSTEM HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA LMAO NINTENDIES B T F O
>j-j-just b-be-cau-se t-the sw-itch i-is s-selling w-w-w-ell d-d-oesnt ma- ma- mak- m-make i-it g-g-goo-good!
>>
i'm really enjoying my switch. it's a nice thing to have, i recommend it to literally everyone
>>
>>376120860
Mental Gymnastic
>>
>>376120860
The Switch had a better launch library than the PS4. One game is better than none and shovelware.
>>
You also forget to mention the fact the controllers are pieces of shit that can't detect the right joystick movement 25% of the time, the way you have to turn off controllers for multiplayer to change the number of players or reassign them is needlessly complicated, putting the screen in the dock can scratch it up, if it even slightly moves during gameplay, it gets kicked off the TV, and the fact Zelda runs better on Wii U than the Switch.
>>
>>376120860
Probably the most retarded post I've seen in awhile
>>
>>376121645
>if it even slightly moves during gameplay, it gets kicked off the TV
what are you even trying to say here?
>>
>>376121645
This post reeks of someone who doesn't own a Switch but feels the need to shit on it, none of those issues have plagued me and I've owned my Switch for 3 weeks now
>>
>>376121645
really bad lies are the true sign of success.
>>
>>376121761

It switches to handheld mode, you need to fit in just right to play on TV.
>>
>>376120860
You just made this thread a few minutes ago, cuck. >>376120694
>>
>>376121645
1. Joycon issues seem to have been worked out, nowhere near as many malfunction stories
2. Reassigning them is a lot easier than any other system I've used, including getting up to 8 players going
3. Only retards scratched their consoles
4. I haven't heard this issue ever
5. Patches for the switch version have cleaned up a lot of the rough patches, of which there were a lot. It now runs better on the Switch
>>
>>376121814

Well good for you.

You must be one of the 15% you aren't having these issues.
>>
I think their big mistake right now is pushing way too much on multiplayer games. With ARMS, Street Fighter 2, MK8D, the system is going to be saturated with multiplayer games by the time Splatoon 2 comes out. I would have loved another strong single player game between now and fall. The only thing I'm doing is playing GEM and Tumbleseed, which aren't horrible games, but I'd much rather be playing and spending my money on any of their single player IPs. I understand that the console is new, however I'm a bit taken back that there isn't a single single player game with a release date this year, except for Mario, though that will most likely change in June.
>>
>>376120860
Console is shit, this site is the only one that even praises it.
>>
>>376122012
What about GameFAQs?
>>
>>376121645
>>376121896
he got the joycon meme wrong anyway. Its the left one that has issues for some. Everything else is a nonissue or a straight up lie.
>>
Don't despair my brothers, /v/ is nintendo land and the mods will take care of this naysayer swiftly.
>>
>>376121917
Nice source fag, no one believes you.
>>
>>376121990
Multiplayer games are the new money makers though, you cannot deny this. Expect more single player announcements like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Mario and possibly Metroid at E3.
>>
>>376121645
None of this is true. Malice or retardation?
>>
>>376121896
>Joycon issues seem to have been worked out, nowhere near as many malfunction stories

Mine aren't.

It sometimes just rapidly moves around, even on full battery.

And I can't count the number of Tetris matches in PPT I've lost because it just shoots down the piece after hitting right or left.
>>
>>376121990
It's convenient for early adopters that they're pushing out all the big multiplayer games before the online becomes paid.
>>
>>376121990
You're right, but I feel the exact opposite, somehow. I feel the need for more multiplayer games. I'm even considering buying that NBA game next week.

>>376122092
contact Nintendo, I got mine back in 3 days.
>>
>>376122046

I didn't mean right as in the right joycon, I meant the right movement, like it sometimes takes pressing up as left, for example.
>>
>>376120860
>Just because it's selling well doesn't make it a good system.
I agree. The PS4 only had one game for two years and its top 3 selling games are 2 multiplats and a PS3 port. Only Uncharted 4 compares in sales numbers as an exclusive to the Wii U's, which means Sonybros don't buy titles as much as they celebrate it online.

It's a FIFA and Netflix box. Don't believe me? Look at the primary source of income for the PS4. It's paid online, not console or game sales.
>>
>>376122049
>Being this mad
>>
>>376122046
Either way, Nintendo said if anyone's finding issues with their Left Joycon, they'll replace it
>>
I got one yesterday for 260€ with metal slug 3 and KOF included. The guy who sold it to me used it literally once, it's absolutely mint and with a screen protetor already applied.

I regret it and will probably flip it for 300€. Too wide to be a confortable handheld, too underpowered to be a good home console.
>>
>>376122197
>contact Nintendo, I got mine back in 3 days

Why should I have to call Nintendo because their brand new controller is a piece of shit that doesn't even work?
>>
yeah all those exclusives sure are fun lmao right?
>>
>>376122237
>Being this samefag
>>
A new console doesn't have a huge library of games?

Woah. Never scene that before. I mean it's not like we have a beefy list of titles coming out later this year and we haven't even hit E3 yet.
>>
File: PlayStation-Vita-1101-FL.jpg (8KB, 300x183px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-Vita-1101-FL.jpg
8KB, 300x183px
Just because it sold moderately ok doesn't make it a good system.

You can't rely on sales all the time. Look around you and you'll see tons of visual novels and meme JRPGs and whining about a lack of solid games the average player wants to play. PS Vita owners are a sad lot, modding their systems so they can play NES and SNES games, remorseful because Sony abandoned yet another system because Nintendo owns handhelds. So many are waiting for the Vita 2 it's just say.

I don't have high hopes for Sony producing the Vita 2, and producing anything other then visual novels that the average American doesn't want to buy.
>>
>>376122295
because they'll fix and replace it for free? Or do you just like complaining on /v/?
>>
>OP is critical but eloquent and civil in his criticism
>but happens to have a controversial opinion
>thread devolves into shitposting and butthurt
>OP is deleted for inciting a console war

This isn't justice.
>>
>>376122075
Ya I get it. Like >>376122143 said. It's all part of their plan to retain a higher attach rate to their online service by showing they are committed to bringing multiplayer games to the console. I'm hoping it's also a sign that they are planning to release a significant amount of their products out in the first year rather than waiting a full life cycle to do so.
>>
>>376122295
That's how warranty replacements work you moron..
>>
>>376122396

So you're saying it is Nintendo's fault, but I should be happy because they'll do it for free?

First you accuse me of lying, now you're acting like it's no big deal because daddy Nintendo will fix it?
>>
>>376122274
I will personally will try to buy a Switch around Fall 2018.

By then it should have a lot more good games and if it doesn't I'll dodge that bullet and buy Sony's new portable console.
>>
>>376122520
I never said you were lying, its definitely a thing and it is Nintendo's fault. You dont have to be happy, but you also dont have to live with it.
You dont sound like the type that actually has the console though, so maybe this is fruitless.
>>
>>376122449

/v/ really is just Nintendogaf anymore.

I have never seen such a rapid delusional group of drones before.
>>
File: ps4_pro_art-840x420.jpg (31KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
ps4_pro_art-840x420.jpg
31KB, 840x420px
Just because Sony decided to do a hardware upgrade in the middle of a console cycle means it's a good system.

You can't rely on sales all the time. Look around you and you see a sea of first person shooters and sports games, all of which go for less then $10 after 6 months on the market. Playstation 4 owners are a sad lot, desperately wanting and hoping that the PS4Pro will give them a frame rate above 30. The rare good game is few and far between.

I don't have high hopes for Sony surviving to produce the PS5, and even then most developers are trying to get away from AAA titles that cost millions of dollars to produce and end up being a tax right off anyway.
>>
>>376122746
>no one bites
>"fuck, I gotta samefag"
seriously, its embarrassing.
>>
>>376120860
No one said it was a good system.

Are you going to be really cool and tough by making fun of Big Bang Theory, too? No shit, you retard.
>>
>>376122701

You claimed I didn't have the system, and implied it was a fake issue, but now that I've pushed you you're suddenly agreeing that it's Nintendo's fault, but acting like it's not a good enough reason to criticize them.

Can you imagine if literally any other company shipped a defective controller like this?
>>
>>376122701
This. Yeah it sucks they had a manufacturing error, as do most consoles at launch, and they're offering to fix it for the people affected, as they should.

Also as far as I'm aware, it only even happened in North America because of a specific facility
>>
>>376122864
>No one said it was a good system

This entire thread disagrees with you.

In fact, it's actually the second coming.
>>
>>376121008
Sold almost a million copies already anon.
>>
>>376122468
>I'm hoping it's also a sign that they are planning to release a significant amount of their products out in the first year rather than waiting a full life cycle to do so.
Even before E3 likely brings a few more games, in this first year there are Zelda, Mario Kart, a new IP, Splatoon, mainline Mario and Xenoblade. Those took respectively four-plus years (Zelda), a year and a half (MK), two years and a half (new IP which was Splatoon), a year (Mario) and three years (Xenoblade) on Wii U, which in turn only had New Super Mario Bros and Pikmin over the Switch in its first year. I think it's showing considerably stronger commitment.
>>
>>376121008
Seems to be selling quite well without it
>>
>>376122942
you're talking to several different people in that chain, moron.
>Can you imagine if literally any other company shipped a defective controller like this?
yes. Too bad its not as widespread as you would like to believe.
>>
>>376123087
But literally not a video game.
>>
>>376123121
>you're talking to several different people in that chain, moron

Then don't reply to me if you have nothing worthwhile to add to our argument.
>>
>>376121491
So much this
>>
>>376123190
>dont rebut my shitposting points, REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I should know better, you're right.
>>
The warping story disappeared. Why haven't more people come out with it? What will Nintendo do for them? I want to know
>>
File: 1491856655947.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1491856655947.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>376123131
>movinggoalposts.jpg
>>
>>376121990
At least all those multiplayer games have viable single player modes and local multiplayer not to mention the ability to two player with the joycons. Mario Odyssey is coming this year.
>>
>>376120860
>it's only wrong when nintendo does it
ok
>>
>>376122647
Yep, as soon as I sell it I'll hold for whatever comes next year
>>
>>376120860
"Hey I don't like this and no one else should too. But if you do you are someone born with a mental disorder because I said so."
Thanks for your godly wisdom OP
>>
>>376120860
I don't give a shit if it's a good system or not.
Personally, I don't like it so I'm not buying it. I'm not gonna sit here trying to convince other people not to buy it. That literally does not benefit me in any fucking way.
>>
>>376123252

>Criticizing Nintendo for anything at all is shitposting.

Now I've heard it all.
>>
File: 1491945834121.png (439KB, 1171x659px) Image search: [Google]
1491945834121.png
439KB, 1171x659px
>>376123308
>Why haven't more people come out with it?

Because it was literally fake news to try and deter the successful Switch launch. The units that looked bent were a defect from the factory. The dock didn't make it warp.

>What will Nintendo do for them?
The 3 people who had defects got to send the Switch in for replacements for free. The other who intentionally bent their Switch's didn't get shit because it was easy to see that they were falseflagging for upboats and twitter likes/retweets.
>>
>>376120860
If it is selling well, and most importantly selling third party games well, people will see cashing in opportunities on the system and release games for it.
It's how it works, specially when the last console was a blunder so big, nobody believed on it at first.
In this E3, you will see two things:
1) A lot of games being announced for the switch and
2) A lot of fake footage because they don't actually have the game on a playable state yet because they only started to work on the system mid-april

The rhetoric of "it's a total failure" will die, but the downgradefest will begin.
>>
Right, just like the PS4 having 60m doesn't mean it's a good system. It just happen to attract the most casual and normie audience this gen with MS dropping the ball early on the Xbone. Literally nothing on the PS4 but yearly rehashes and multiplats sell, while the exclusives get pushed aside and barely reach 3-4m sales.
>>
>>376123653
>but the downgradefest will begin.
So we can expect 60M sales like the PS4?
>>
>>376120860

It's actually a really big part of what makes a good system. If a system doesn't sell it doesn't get 3rd party support.

The Switch has a decent amount of 3rd party support in the works but after seeing the sales numbers more 3rd party developers that were on the fence will jump on as well and the library will flesh out. Don't forget that the PS4 had a massive drought as well. I think that will become the new normal for new consoles because development time and costs have increased drastically.
>>
>>376122046

It's not even just the joycon, my pro controller can't pick up the right motions for shit either.
>>
Half decent games on the fucking Wii U sold better than almost everything on the PS4 with it's massive userbase.
>>
>>376122942
>Can you imagine if literally any other company shipped a defective controller like this?

Did you already forget how many people had issues with the Elite controller? Considering you clearly did, or just didn't know about it, should tell you that it doesn't matter much as long as the company is willing to fix the issue free of charge, which Nintendo are.
>>
>>376120860
>released in a state of drought
That's been the industry standard since 2006. Welcome to heck, fricker.
>>
>>376123851
>Don't forget that the PS4 had a massive drought as well.

The PS4 had a drought that lasted YEARS. Fuck Sony.
>>
>>376120860
>just because it's selling well doesn't make it a good system!

You know damn well if sales were bombing people would be saying "See! Told you so! Sales matter!"

I hate this place sometimes.
>>
>>376122942
Sony and Microsoft already did and no one cared. No gives a shit if a controller doesn't work. People just go out and buy another one.
>>
>>376124083

/v/ hates Sony and Microsoft, they wouldn't even know about that to complain.
>>
>>376124285
>/v/ hates Sony and Microsoft

They are both shit, so why not?
>>
>>376123728
Maybe, maybe not, maybe more, maybe less.
But i can assure you that you will see several PS4 and PC footages being passed as Nintendo switch footage... just to show the actual real switch footage by the end of the year.
The biggest hit will be on geometry, with 3D shit suddenly becoming 2D stuff.
"Hey, remember that nice detailed 3D gargoyle on the background? well now it's a fucking cardboard"
>>
>>376124157
You can either
>criticize them and get the controllers fixed
or
>criticize them and do nothing like the little bitch you are
The choice is yours
>>
>>376124421
Microsoft makes my OS though.
>>
>>376124157
That shit sucks and you have every right to be upset about it, but I'd argue you lose that right if you're not willing to let them fix it for you.

I've had this happen to me before as well, with all kinds of electronics. Shit happens sometimes, they're offering you a way to fix it. Take advantage of that offer.
>>
File: 2017-05-06_08-23-10 (1).png (47KB, 355x151px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-06_08-23-10 (1).png
47KB, 355x151px
fucking lol
>>
>>376124516

I probably will get them fixed, as long as you acknowledged this is an actual problem and didn't just assume I was lying to ruin lord Nintendo's name like all you other 15 year-olds.
>>
>>376124686
it's definitely a problem but thankfully they actually offer a full replacement
with other shit I had to get some best buy protection bullshit plan because the manufacturer never offered a warranty
>>
>>376124879
We all saw it.
>>
Proof. The ps4
>>
Just because it's selling well doesn't make it a good system.

You can't rely on sales all the time. Look around and you'll see tons of port begging and whinging about lack of library. PS4 owners are bored, disappointed, and remorseful because Sony fucked up the launch so badly. So many are waiting for the release of RDR2 because this console launched in a state of drought.

I don't have high hopes for this system, and that isn't even getting into the potential developer apathy for developing games so out of spec compared to what they could produce on switch, XB1, or PC.
>>
>>376125013
>not actually quoting the text

You dumbass.
>>
The Switch is a great console.

I own a Switch, BotW, Mk8, and a few random indie games from the eShop, and never have I once felt this buyers remorse you are describing. Nintendo taught me how to have fun with videogames.

Sure, there's not a large catalogue. That's indesputable. But every game for the system is incredible and can occupy you for hundreds of hours. And the library will only get better with time.
>>
>Normies that bought a nintendo console at launch for one game and don't like any nintendo franchises but mario/zelda are disappointed with the switch.

No shit. JFC.
>>
>>376122942
>Trying this hard to argue with anons trying to help
?????????
>>
>>376125092
I honestly wasn't quite sold on my switch until I sat down with the ten year old son of a family friend and played MK8 with him for five hours straight using the two joy-cons. I get the system now. I'm on board.
>>
>>376121008
>Wanting the Switch to cost MORE for a shitty demo
People are fucking retarded.
>>
>>376125168

They're not trying to help.

They're saying I'm a lying asshole because I dared to experience a problem with Switch.
>>
File: huh.png (349KB, 442x319px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
349KB, 442x319px
>>376125314
>I never said you were lying...

>They're saying I'm a lying asshole...
>>
>Judging a system when it's only been out for a little over two months

Daily Reminder that the PS4 was a god damn plastic brick for two whole years, and there were still plenty of people optimistic for the Wii U.

Wait until after a year at least, God damn.
>>
>>376120860
its not selling well retard
>>
>>376121645
>>376120860
>>376122049
>>376123479
This desperation lol, what did the Switch do? Kill your mother? No, she did that herself because of the shame of having to give birth to such a failure.
>>
>>376120860

PS4 has sold a ton of systems and it's not a good system. Same holds true for the Switch because /v/ doesn't have double standards.
>>
File: JUST.png (93KB, 755x503px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
93KB, 755x503px
>>376125721
kek the delusion
>>
>>376125682

Oh wow, one guy.

I'm talking about the literal children that went on and on about how I don't really have the Switch, because if I owned the Switch, I'd love it, because the Switch can literally do nothing wrong and anyone who doesn't completely like it are liars.
>>
File: IMG_1088.png (251KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1088.png
251KB, 750x1334px
>>376125901
>>
>>376120860
So far Zelda and Splatoon are the only games I'm interested in. I will wait for a good bundle or sale around the holidays really. if theres nothing good then I can even wait for a revision. No hurry. I have plenty of PC and PS4 to keep me busy :)
>>
>>376125949
your point being?
>>
>>376125949
>fr
your kind not welcome here
>>
>>376120860
I really hope that it replaces the 3DS.
The 3DS had as a piece of hardware it fucking sucks
>>
>>376126584
If you take the Switch as a handheld, which it kind of is, Zelda is easily the most breathtaking game ever on such a system.
>>
>>376123078
because it's the only thing that was on the shelf
>>
>>376121990
I feel like it's a smart decision, the console has games people will easily sink at least 40 hours into with more on the way. Other consoles don't usually get a flagship multiplayer game until mid way through its life cycle, the Switch will have at least three. This way they can still work on MK9 or Splatoon 3 and have them release mid-to-end of the Switches life cycle and do it again on the next cycle.
It's a brilliant plan. If PS4 didn't have Destiny it too would have been dead, for me at least, so if I'm getting even more time out of Zelda and MK8 with more on the way? I'd say they got it planned out fine.
>>
>>376120860
Pretty happy with BotW and Puyo.
There is something great about BotW, it reminds me of vanilla wow. There is just so much less clutter(compared to games like TW3) it makes the game more enjoyable to play.
>>
>>376121990
Adding to what the other anons said, putting out multiplayer games now that the online is free is a good idea. This way, if they like the games they will have a reason to start paying for it in the Fall.
Not that I like paid online, but as a business strategy, it makes sense.
>>
>>376127317
It's a fairly mechanically complex game, but it goes out of its way to avoid overloading the player with it and making it a pain. It's pretty damn cool to see Nintendo trying their hand at an open world RPG.
>>
File: 1489523282689.jpg (64KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489523282689.jpg
64KB, 657x527px
>>376122392
I'm trying to sell my 3.60 henkaku vita but people dont even want one that comes with free games.

What a blunder.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.