[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness, now that everyone's calmed down and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: gonehome_titlescreen.png (308KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gonehome_titlescreen.png
308KB, 640x360px
In all seriousness, now that everyone's calmed down and everyone is past this whole gay agenda thing, this was actually a pretty good game, wasn't it?

Admit it.
>>
>game
>>
Thought it was great and had some refreshing environmental storytelling.
>>
you suck one dick and suddenly you got all these agendas and shit

it's terrible, guys; don't do it
>>
xd
>>
File: queens.jpg (1MB, 1496x988px) Image search: [Google]
queens.jpg
1MB, 1496x988px
awful bait senpai
>>
No.
I don't believe it deserved the praise it got, for being a groundbreaker in interactive narrative, when many games had done that before and done it better.
This isn't even interactive narrative. It's just regular narrative stapled onto a sightseeing tour of a house.
>>
It was ok.
>>
But it's not a game.
>>
>>376112553
Pretty much this. It's not a harbinger of the apocalypse like some faggots here treat it but it's unremarkable.
>>
>>376112398
>liberal
>girl protag
>sjw shit
>pushing degenerate gay agenda
fucking kill yourself
>>
no its fucking shit
>>
>>376112837
I'm not going to kill myself no matter what you say. Why would you even suggest that?
>>
>>376112398
>whole gay agenda thing

thats the only reason it was praised by media and blown up like crazy giving them token awards
>>
>Completely abhorrent OST
>Port is almost unplayable
>Story is almost nonexistent
>Gameplay is mediocre at best
Also
>game
>>
File: ?oi.jpg (60KB, 558x577px) Image search: [Google]
?oi.jpg
60KB, 558x577px
>>376112398
>game
>>
>>376112837
Calm down Cletus.
>>
>>376112398
>game

quit being a retard
>>
Beyond all the mind-numbing amount of hand-crafted detail that went into making the living spaces of every character unique and credible; and beyond what a sweet story the game had; what impressed me is how you kept finding hidden passages and how the house just kept getting bigger and bigger.

You can tell the people who made this game were raised on Metroid.
>>
>>376113517
they were rasied on cultural Marxism and pandering to the least common denominator. praise of this piece of media in any form speaks a lot more to the motivations and intellect of prasier than the media
>>
>>376113775
>>>/pol/
>>
>>376112398
>pretty
>good
>game
>>
File: 1449977124052.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1449977124052.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>376112398
Fuck you
>>
>>376113775
>>>/dumbfuckchan/
>>>/infowars/
>>>/breitbart/
>>>/milo's dick/

Sage for good measure.
>>
it wasn't a game and it was shit in in what it did
environmental storytelling isn't scattering journal entries around
>>
>>376113269
>>376113835
>>376113913

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>376113517
>mind-numbing amount of hand-crafted detail
putting a written note on every fucking item isn't mind-numbing detail
>>
It was a hilariously shitty game that felt like a ripoff even though i got it for free on PS+
>>
All the anons going >game are right. For it to be a game, or even an interactive narrative, it needs to involve the player in a meaningful way. Take The Stanley Parable, for instance. It, too, is a Walking Sim, ditching traditional gameplay for narrative, but the story is driven and directed by the actions of the player. Having the player make a meaningful impact on the story besides walking to one spot and looking at a post-it note is what makes an interactive narrative interactive. There is nothing in the likes of Gone Home or Dear Esther that couldn't be accomplished in a book or a film, thus squandering opportunities for proper interactive narrative.
>>
>>376112398
Its a different kind of game, and unlike these losers im willing to things. Its not bad at all compared to the endless supply of cheap walking simulators out there but if you go in expecting anything more than moving and inspecting items then you will be disappointed with the gameplay. I personally dont understand how good walking simulators like these get so much flak when they remind me of the pointnclick genre which has the same amount of interactivity. You dont have to like these games but thats the beauty of the medium, you play games that appeal to your taste.
>>
File: download.jpg (142KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
142KB, 1024x576px
>game has letter detailing that the girlfriend finger rapes the other girl in her sleep
>this is okay because it's about lesbians

This is what bothers me the most about this game. If it was a guy fingering her in her sleep it would be torn apart in the games media and removed from Steam . But because it's two girls it's cool.
>>
>>376114739
womyn dindu nuffin they a good girl
>>
>>376113775
>e-everything i don't like is """cultural marxism"""
>>
>>376114004
>>>/the_donald/
>>
>>376112424
fpbp
>>
File: 1413027337337.gif (2MB, 359x346px) Image search: [Google]
1413027337337.gif
2MB, 359x346px
>>376112398
no it isn't you retard.

>>376114443
>I'm different, I'm not like those other anons

Fuck off the lot of you
>>
>>376115486
Not an argument.
>>
>>376115095
I don't go to Reddit, but nice try
>>
>>376115162
What did he mean with this
>>
>>376116739
go fuck yourself, dumbass
>>
>>376112398
expect a detective story game
it's a lgbt propaganda game
>>
It's fine for what it is, a decent 1 hour story

It's not this masterpiece critics made it out to be
>>
>A game that can be beat in under 2 minutes

Mhmm
>>
>>376112398
I have met only two kinds of people who liked Gone Home so far. Those who like it for 90´s nostalgia (muha cassette player) and white knighst beta male critics. I have sympathy for first but I wont pay 20 bucks for conscience of second ones
>>
>>376116958
Not an argument.
>>
I feel like if it had been released as some free source mod people probably would have thought better of it, and been interested in seeing the devs make an actual game in the future. Being released for 20 dollars and being heralded as the second coming of jesus christ by people who know nothing about video games had the opposite effect.
>>
The story was well told because it unfolded at a good pace while relying entirely on the player to propel it and interact with it. It was satisfying to search through the environment and interact with all of the objects and just see what there was to see. I found myself taking pleasure in leaving things tidy and turning lights off/closing doors as I was done with rooms, even though it served no actual purpose it was satisfying and felt in character.
>>
>>376112398
The parents' plots were actually pretty good, and it was a nice resolution that they're not around because they're trying to fix their marriage. The little sister plot is the sort of thing that would've been groundbreaking if the game were made when it was set, but nowadays it's old hat. All in all the game was okay, and only noteworthy for the critical overreaction underscoring just how useless/corrupt game reviewers are.
>>
>>376119174
This. I picked it up when they were giving it away for free and thought it was nice but I would've felt ripped off if I payed for it.
>>
People who praise this trash should play Thief and/or TDM, and witness dozens upon dozens levels (official and not) that do everything this 'game' try to do, but better.

>>376119495
>>376119564
>it was nice
>All in all the game was okay
Middle of the road fags should be rounded and gassed.
>>
>>376112398
Not a game.
>>
>>376119691
>Middle of the road fags should be rounded and gassed.
If you put everything on the extremes, then the extremes become the new middle. Gone Home only upsets people because of the cultural baggage it's come to hold, but without 10/10 GAMERS ARE FAGS -IGN nobody would even know Gone Home exists. Because otherwise it's just not particularly noteworthy, i.e., it's okay.
>>
>>376112398
Here's how the basic idea could have worked.

>Spooks and scares throughout the whole house.
>Character keeps getting more paranoid each time something happens.
>Starts to think there's an intruder.
>Whole game is you going through the house looking for your family or checking the rooms in a panic.
>Eventually fall down the steps, possibly die or seriously hurt.
>Realize you tripped on the cat.
>Family comes home runs to your side.
>Pan out the end.

Basically play with the players mind thinking something is wrong, and keep the idea that nothing was actually wrong from Gone Home. Just no sjw styled bullshit story.
>>
>>376112398
It's okay game. Core gameplay is quest, "get out of the room" sort of thing. Me, I liked exploring house the most. If someone out there wishes to do something like gone home, they should give more attention to exploring. Larger house, more things like hidden passages, more of actual puzzles.
Like, make a game about some castle or palace. You come to it as a guest, but now has to find where everyone else are gone. I mean, story is good, story is fine, but there has to be more ""gamey"" stuff.
Only problem gone home had is that journalists jumped on bandwagon screaming it's best game in world. It's not. It's just okay game, which might have bit too steep of a price tag.
>>
File: Untitled.png (691KB, 812x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
691KB, 812x1968px
>>376119691
I was one of the people you quoted. The Dark Project is my favorite game by far, and I've made fan missions myself (though I haven't released any since they were all pretty shit). Unsurprisingly, people who made GH are also big Thief fans, pic related.
>>
>>376120583
And Gone Home as a whole is just a lackluster Thief fanmission. Why does it deserve any praises or attention?
>>
File: dump013.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dump013.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>376121721
I don't think it deserves as much attention or praise as it got, but I also don't think "it was nice" is too much considering I got it for free.
>>
>>376122501
And I think calling a whole game that is inferior to a single average fanmission "nice" is a way too large praise, even if it's free. Especially when it's barely a game.
>>
>>376122770
Get over it
>>
>>376112398
>this was actually a pretty good game
Not particularly, it was pretty boring. Think it would have been a much more solid game if they focused more on the spooks, less on the girls, and made the gameplay akin to a point and click where you needed to find certain items and use them in a variety of ways like combining it with others to progress.
>>
>>376112398
Im pretty open minded but this was boring. The praise it got was just cause of the lesbian shit. I wish i didnt download it for free on psn that way the trophy list didnt show on my games list.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.