[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so dicksucked on here? >combat is absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: Persona_5_cover_art.jpg (107KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_5_cover_art.jpg
107KB, 250x354px
Why is this game so dicksucked on here?
>combat is absolute shit and extremely boring
>story is an adolescent fanfiction about adults and society "keeping us kids down"
>characters are insufferable and annoying
>>
>>376111821
Waifus
>>
>le daily contrarian 'shit on popular game' thread
Sage
>>
Why are faggots like OP so mad about it?
>>
>>376111821
>>
>>376112514
It literally is. Persona has sone of the worst combat systems in place. Just exploit weaknesses, keep getting extra turns then do an all out attack when all enemies are incapacitated.

Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>376112745
It literally isnt. *insert game here* has some of the worst combat systems in place. Just aim for the head, keep firing extra bullets then do a reload when all enemies are incapacitated.
Rinse and repeat.
>>
it's from japan
>>
>>376111821

1) People have been waiting for it since 2007 or something.

2) It's exactly what the fans wanted it to be: the same exact game as Persona 4, with some minor technical upgrades.
>>
>>376112836
Nice try. But persona has incredibly shallow combat.
>>
>>376112979
>the same exact game as Persona 4
No
>>
>>376112745

I'm fucking seconding this because the combat in Persona games, and SMT games in general, has NEVER been good or strategic. The system is so weighted in favor of getting "1 more!"s that the only valid thing you can do is hit the enemies with their elemental weaknesses and cover your own elemental weaknesses. That's the game. Doing anything else is playing wrong.

I actually wish they removed elements from these games entirely just so that the developers would be forced to come up with something fucking else to do.
>>
>>376112994
Nice try. But *your favorite game* has incredibly shallow combat.
>>
>>376113162

You're not even trying to make an argument.
>>
>>376113190
I'm just showing you how retarded you sound.
>>
>>376111821
It's from weebland.
/v/eddit full of ironic weebs
/v/eddit likes to suck that jap dick good
>>
>>376111821
Yea and I also believe MGS3 and DMC3 are terrible games. Fucken weeb shit.
>>
personally I think p5 itself is boring, would rather play SMT I or nocturne desu
but game itself is well-made, don't get me wrong, I just don't think its that fun, doesn't mean everyone else can't enjoy it
>>
>>376111821
>Another contraian thread
Sage
>>
>>376113401
No you fucking idiot. What you are doing is equivalent to "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I."

Yes, when you boil it down to the basics every game has you doing the same thing over and over again. However certain games might have gameplay that contains a greater depth and variety to it than others. Persona's combat system is incredibly shallow. Nothing you say can change that.
>>
Weebshit
Waifu
Dating sim
Snoozfest
Retarded story
No gameplay

Everything weebs love
>>
>>376113709
Getting angry I see, well done aspergers-kun. You can literally apply your weak as shit "argument" to any game, but as soon as it's done to a game you like, you throw a fit. Typical contrarian retard.
>>
>doesnt like jrpgs
>still plays them for some retarded reason

Why does /v/ likes to hurt themselves?
>>
>>376113709
Persona combat system is good.
Nothing you can do can change that.

Now anon i want you to realize how retarded we both sound
And i also want to tell you that these are fucking videogames and not chess
We enjoy literally the worst medium come to existence and the majority of us here are pathetic losers that will die alone so go and spend the time you are dedicating to shitpost to play a game you like
>>
>>376113874

Jesus Christ, you are a five-year-old mentally.
>>
>>376113989
>ad hominem non argument
And with that you admit defeat, well done
>>
>>376113973
>And i also want to tell you that these are fucking videogames and not chess
>We enjoy literally the worst medium come to existence and the majority of us here are pathetic losers that will die alone so go and spend the time you are dedicating to shitpost to play a game you like

Is that your argument? "I have no standards whatsoever and no respect or love for this medium so you shouldn't have those either"?
>>
>>376113989
Like every other typical PS user.
>>
>>376111821
I'm going to get this game on the Switch when it comes out. I've already watched a full playthrough but I want to experience it for myself.
>>
>>376114041

Call me back when you're ready to have an actual conversation like an adult instead of repeating what I said back to me and acting like that's a brilliant comeback.
>>
>>376114041
>>376114116
Shut the fuck up kid
>>
>>376114090
>comes into a thread for a game he dislikes
>shits out a retarded contrarian opinion
>gets assblasted when called out on it
>"b-but I'm just a video game connoisseur unlike you peasants"
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>376114139
>I'm going to get this game on the Switch when it comes out

Never going to happen.
>>
>>376114252
Wait till E3
>>
>>376114090
Why should i love this medium?
This is just fucking escapism
Video games are one of the worst things that happened to humanity so whichever shit people enjoy is the same
Go and play something you like, since you are here it's not long you will probably fall into despair like the rest of us

>respect for the medium

LMAO
>>
>>376113874
You can say that every game is about engaging the same activity again and again. I didnt criticize Persona on this, but the conbat system is incredibly shallow, requires no expertise or skill and utilizes the same technique again and again. Almost every battle all I did was exploit the weakness, get an extra turn to exploit the next enemies weakness until all enemies are downed, then go for an all-out attack.

I used the same strategy for almost all battles save the bosses. The battles in the game have virtually no depth.
>>
>>376114250

You have been explained in detail what's wrong with the combat system: it has no depth and operates on autopilot, you simply hit the enemy's weaknesses and that's all you should ever attempt. Only response you had was I'M RUBBER, YOU'RE GLUE like we're on a fucking playground. You have made no actual argument in defense of the combat whatsoever, probably because you realize it's shallow as fuck but you can't admit that your totem game has actual flaws. You're a pathetic fanboy.
>>
>>376114370
So what?
The combat is fast, fun (it has to be since the majority here enjoys it) and can be played in whatever difficulty you prefer

If you want depth go to SMT or go play dward fortress
We play it for escapism and to the social life and dating sims element
Wanna do something about that?
>>
>>376114370
>>376114427
The combat is jsut too complex for you kiddies; you two just don't understand the depth of it
Just go back to playing Call of duty of something
>>
File: 1486255995967.png (189KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1486255995967.png
189KB, 1280x1122px
>>376114427
>>
>>376114506
>w-who cares!

Point proven
>>
>>376114589
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>376111821
>Why is this game so dicksucked on here?

Because it is a japanese game and this is FUCKING 4CHAN? God fucking damn it you are a complete retard.
>>
>>376114589
Why should i love this medium?
This is just fucking escapism
Video games are one of the worst things that happened to humanity so whichever shit people enjoy is the same
Go and play something you like, since you are here it's not long you will probably fall into despair like the rest of us

>respect for the medium

LMAO
>>
>>376114624
Fuck you!
>>
>>376114370
Literally every game involves "exploiting weaknesses" for a faster win. First person shooter? Aim for the head. Final Fantasy? Use a magical element the enemy is weak to. Fairy Fencer? Go around and attack from behind. It's a ridiculous argument that quickly gets destroyed on the grounds that every game has the same fucking issue
>>
File: 1360463428625.jpg (34KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1360463428625.jpg
34KB, 268x265px
>>376111821
Honestly I agree and I like Persona generally. The game would have been infinitely better had they stuck to the original theme of the game which was a backpack trip around the world as well as getting rid of "1-more" or at the very least limiting it to only one additional turn.
>>
>>376112514
>>376112745
>>376112836
>>376112994
>>376113162
>>376113401
>>376113709
>>376113874

Literally every argument on /v/ in every thread. You guys are fucking retarded.
>>
>>376112979
>the same as Persona 4 which was the same as Persona 3
Don't get this argument Persona 5 has the gameplay out of all of them
>>
@376114871
>YOURE ALL DUMB I'M THE INTELLIGENT ONE HER HUEHUE
>>
>he is a shitposter
>he does it for free
>he talks bad about a game he hates
>instead of talking about games he likes
>he is wasting his youth talking about videogames
>in taiwanese pedo board
>he probably has no friends
>he will never have any friends
>he probably has no girlfriend
>he will never have a girlfriend
>just like the rest of us will live a miserable life
>wasted his youth in videogames games and no bae
>welcome to4chan kid, you will probably no reproduce
>>
>>376114721
Yet in FF I used different strategies far more when fighting enemies. Hell in every RPG I've played.

All I have to do in Persona is hit the weakness, get another turn, hit the next enemies weakness, etc. I do this until every enemy is down then go for an all out attack. You rarely deviate from this strategy with bosses being an exception.
>>
>>376114947
Explain what strategies they were then. Every FF I have played has been "use fire on ice enemies, use lightning on water enemies" etc.
>>
>>376114947
>In FF he used strategies

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

>attack
>defend
>magic

Multiply it ad infinitum
Kid, cmon you should not make us laugh so hard
>>
>>376114748
They should make a new SMT or Persona with Raidou's combat but the companions controlled with AI.
>>
File: literally persona fans.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
literally persona fans.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
CAUSE IT'S OKAY WHEN JAPAN DOES IT
>>
>>376115236
Fuck off retard
Go back to your shitty western garbage games like New Vegas
>>
>>376114941
>he probably has no boyfriend
>he will never have a boyfriend

you forgot
>>
>>376112745
I fail to see how describing the combat system in the simplest possible manner is supposed to persuade me that it's one of the worst combat systems in place.
>>
>>376111821
Because it allows me to star in my own slice of life anime
>>
>>376115315
This.
I'm sorry for OP now, he got raped hard.
>>
Persona 5 on Hard is the most finely tuned experience in terms of difficulty balance ever released.
>>
>>376111821
Would you rather I dicksuck you, OP?
>>
Actually you're right. The combat is the best it's even beeen in persona but really that isn't a high bar

The characters weren't fleshed out enough due to the lack of downtime (where you just relax with them), and some come so late that you don't even have time to know them

The story was honestly meh, and the pacing is all over the place. You don't feel like you're progressing through an overarching story at all as the villains change every single time. The structure is also so repititive. Also, the traitor twist was absolute shit

The dungeons also drag on too long, and honestly aren't very well designed, making them repititive as well. And mix it with the once again repititive combat, damn it gets boring. Some of the VN parts are also wayyy to long

tl;dr
>shit pacing, meh story, repititive combat, structure and dungeons

P3 and 4 are both better due to their stories and characters, which are able to carry the mediocre combat and dungeons
>>
>>376115034
You don't get free turns in ff when you hit weaknesses you idiot. The enemies don't become incapacitated being unable to do anything. Nor can you ambush enemies and have your entire party go first before they can get a chance to attack. Of all of this results in having to change your strategy and adapt to the enemy far more than persona. Kys.
>>
>>376115608
Confirmed for never having played final fantasy
None of those things are true
>>
>>376113507
>Being weeb is reddit now
Nice try reddit to make us hate being weebs
Remember we are the original weebs it's not an insult here
>>
>>376115606
>4 is better
No
>>
File: 1245637235.png (225KB, 344x407px) Image search: [Google]
1245637235.png
225KB, 344x407px
>>376112745
>>376113874
>>376115236
>can't go a single post without saying "literally"
why are you guys even listening to chronic dick sucker?
>>
>>376115608
>make a move
>oh enemy damn!
>five minute of attack
>defeated enemy
>oh i really want to progress
>walk a bit
>enemy
>repeat this again

Meanwhile persona
>i see an enemy
>i can know if he is stronger or weaker than me in advance
>i attack it or not?
>decide to sneak on him
>got a reward because of my sneak attack in the form of a first attack, that lets me deal with even stronger foes
>i can negotiate for his help, money or items instead of killing him if he is too strong
>i know can progress knowing that i don't always have to deal with shitty long ass enemies fights

Where is your rope, anon?
>>
>>376115754
Yes. The pacing and the characters are bettef
>>
>>376115874
>P4 characters
>better

kys
>>
>>376115758
Literally is the go-to word of tumble
I've been avoing that word since overuse of it makes it useless
Literally can be a fun word to use ironically but these tumblrinas use the world like it's crack
Plus tumblrinas hate anime now because anime is actually better overall and they can't admit it because it doesn't support their retarded agendas
>>
>>376115874
In terms of pacing, not story before you sperg out, pacing, P5 is the best. P3 has too much nothing between full moons and P4's plot just halts completely to rescue party members up until Mitsuo and then again up until Nanako gets kidnapped.

Every dungeon the Phantom Thieves do at least extends the story in meaningful ways except arguably Kaneshiro.
>>
>>376115608
Once again getting extremely angry and resorting to immediate ad hominem. Also, you have just proven you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Fantastic self defeat.
>>
>>376115967
It had mai waifu 千枝 in it. It's better.
>>
>>376115838
Which alone has more variety in its combat and greater emphasis on switching your strategy than purseowner. Ambushing enemies is piss-easy, and there's no incentive not to. Purseowner has some of the most shallow combat I've ever seen in a JRPG. You just use the same strategy for 99% of the fights and never have to change it. You can't say the same for other RPGs because no matter what, they have more variety, an emphasis on switching your strayegy more and isn't on autopilot almost all of the time. Drown yourself alive.
>>
>>376116090
Maybe I'm forgetting some of P4 but P5 had a tease very early on that wasn't even addressed until quite late in the game. The pacing was absolute fucking shit, I'll be shocked if P4 was worse
>>
>>376116279
>You can't say the same for other RPGs
Watch me do it again.
>>
>>376116124
Nice rebuttal dipshit. Deal with the fact that your game plays itself.
>>
Is being contrarian the only way to get (you)'s these days?

It's sad the length people go to to get them.
>>
>>376116456
Stay mad, contrarian shitter :^)
>>
>s-stop being contrarian and hating muh precious masterpiece!

kek
>>
>>376111821
Because the gameplay is the tits. We like games here, nigga. Games.

If you want story go play Gone Home.

>You mean I actually have to learn what abilities hurt my enemies, what shit combat waaaaaaaaaah!
>>
>>376116279
>final fantasy
>variety

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You mean the game where new enemies are just color swap?
Or the game where some enemy can oneshot your party just because?
Oh wait.
Every fucking jrpg does the same and FF is the worst example of them.
I can feel your sufference anon, you should just use that gun on yourself you know?
>>
>>376116610
FF has some variety. It just stops when everyone can do the damage cap with standard attacks.

When the standard attack does the same damage as a 5 minute summoning cutscene monster, you know the game fucked up.
>>
File: 1490575719424.jpg (217KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1490575719424.jpg
217KB, 500x475px
>>376111821
It's classic turn-based goodness. If you only like ARPGs, fine, but that's an opinion.

>story is an adolescent fanfiction about adults and society "keeping us kids down"
It's about society, and corrupt figures in it, keeping EVERYONE down. How the fuck did you manage to misunderstand the story?

>characters are insufferable and annoying
Played with the dub.
>>
>>376116768
You were making sense up until
>muh high pitched ching chong voices are superior
>>
>>376116610
>you mean where the enemies are a color swap
Irrelevant you fucking idiot. Learn to read. I meant variety in terms of how the combat works. It easily has more than Persona where you use the same strategy for every fight except bosses. Just hit the weakness and get unlimited free turns until you can do an all out attack. Fucking babby-tier combat for cretinous morons like you who swallow up these games for waifushit.

>b-but the enemies sometimes one-shot me in other jrpgs

Get better you stupid cunt. It's a challenge sometimes. Bury yourself alive please and rid the world of your cretinery so games such as this which appeal only to neckbeards looking for an easy fap (hence why combat is so easy) can no longer pollute the market.
>>
>>376113114
>The system is so weighted in favor of getting "1 more!"s
I don't think you played a lot of smt's
>>
File: hahaha.png (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.png
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>376117081
>I AM SO ANGRY
>HOW DARE PEOPLE LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>LOOK AT ME THROWING INSULTS AND SWEARING LIKE A SPOILT CHILD BECAUSE I CAN'T GET MY WAY
>>
>>376117081
This is hilarious, FF is one of the easiest JRPG series in existence. Persona might be SMT-lite but it still has some aspects of SMT that make it more of a challenge and strategic than fucking FF, where you can just use normal attacks to get through 90% of random encounters.
>>
>>376117081
>getting so much triggered
>everyone is raping his ass
>better tell the others people they did not understand him

TOP FUCKING KEK

>but muh it's a challenge sometimes
>its not relevant

You should not kill yourself, you should stay alive to keep making us laugh
>>
>>376117081
>enemies have no weakness
Now what?
>>
>>376117480
Leave him be
He probably does not even know about buff, debuff and that one more were designed to make the casual encounters more catchy especially because you usually don't know from the start their weaknesses

He's just a casual
>>
>>376117480
Debilitate, heat riser, charge, strongest phys attack.

Still 10x more complex than FF "complexity" though.
>>
>>376117704
Especially because enemies use those too
Now Persona is SMT lite but it's still better than other shitty rpgs
>>
Persona has been a part of /v/ longer than you.
>>
Holy shit, this one guy getting so thoroughly shitter shattered over the fact his precious Final Fantasy got completely shown up be Persona 5. What a beautifully powerful aspergers attack, archived in time for every one to see. Fanboys man, not even once.
>>
>why do people like thing I dont like?
>Stop liking thing I dont like

Is this the most autistic thing ever or what
And I dont even like persona
>>
If you don't like the game then just ignore the thread you mongoloid
>>
>>376117704
You can also go for a revolution + miracle punch and knock down an enemy through critical.
Another thing you can do is status ailment + respective technical hit to do damage akin to a weakness.
And another thing you can do is combo the former with a baton pass + a rising slash or any other attack that does bonus damage with baton passing.
Literally 4 options and more to handle a situation. I'm not at all surprised OP could only come up with whatever he saw on a youtube video/twitch stream.
>>
>>376112745
Let me ask you this : Is there an Turn-Based RPG with combat that isn't "shit and boring" ?
>>
>>376111821
this word is full of weebs and the game is otaku pandering trash
>>
>>376112745
>about the only JRPG where status change skills are as useful as they should be
>about the only JRPG where buffs and debuffs can actually make or break you
>not realising physical is the king of damage, especially if you try to get Technicals, whereas magic is for weaknesses and status changes
>due to how much damage everyone does, everybody is a glass cannon; thus good healing is a necessity
>this also applies to mobs too, they play by the same rules as you
>so more often than not a random battle either ends in you wrecking your opponent in one turn or your opponent hilariously wrecking you in one turn to near death and you having to improvise; not tedious, but still dangerous
>meanwhile SP is not cheap and is a pain in the ass to keep up, thus you often get wrecked because you got greedy on a mob
>bosses don't follow the same rules as you do, but they are just fun purely because of the gimmicks in every fight, and you still can game them if you know what you're doing
>persona fusion is fun and rewarding as fuck; you have to pay attention to your roster to have all the weaknesses too
Weaknesses are just the tip of the iceberg, at least this time around (they were a lot more viable in 3 and 4).
It sure is no chess, but for JRPG the system is really well thought out and thrilling. And fuck you, it's pretty hard too. Not extremely so, but you can't just breeze through anything without paying attention.
>>
weebs and shit games are like flies to manure
>>
Persona 5 unironically has the best combat system I've seen in a turn-based jrpg, no press turn is not better
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.