[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it sell badly? Does this mean we're not getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Why did it sell badly? Does this mean we're not getting DLC or a sequel?
>>
denuvo obviously
>>
Also the first one was overrated trash.
Maybe not trash, it was ok for a whiel, but definitely overrated. I guess people realized this in time.
>>
Awful optimization + Very uninspired sequel that copies the previous format to a tee + Terrible writing
Which is a shame, because the game has the sexiest menus of this generation.
>>
>>376106676
This second in the series was literally 'uninspired: the game.'

>some literal who'sits comes to claim your throne
>Does so
>You fight back as either Emily or Corvo, it literally doesn't matter it's exactly the same story, to get it back

The actual saddest part of the game and made me very much scorn the writing was:

>Who'sits has an actual legitimate claim to the throne
>You take it anyway
>You, whose only redeeming factor is that you're a strong and powerful woman, take the throne over the antagonist who is the one actual character with depth amidst a game of puddles.
>>
>>376106236
Bad word of mouth due to shit optimization.
>>
>>376106868
Reeee play the Daud DLCs. They're like Dishonored 1.5 and they're the best of the series.
>>
>>376106868
>You, whose only redeeming factor is that you're a strong and powerful woman
>playing as the woMAN
kek
>>
>>376107005
Emily was more fun to play as than Corvo and if you think otherwise you didn't play the game right.
>>
>>376106236
Keknuvo killed it just like all other sequels.
>>
File: 1439374651815.png (345KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439374651815.png
345KB, 500x500px
>>376106938

It's strange that they passed on what was obviously some of the most compelling writing in the game, especially because they teased the fuck out of Daud by making Billie Lurk a supporting character.

I was seriously waiting for that sexy mofo to swoop in with his cadre of assassinbros to save the day.

As it turns out, playing human being with a well written past and serious motivations who has built and organization which he relies on and directs is pretty fucking compelling. Who knew?

Instead we just get stellar level design narrated by some of the most flacid characters to ever be wrritten in a dead serious tone.

Fuck, the only even slightly moving emotional moment was Corvo getting back to his old house and reminiscing about his childhood and honeymoon with the Empress. Everything else was a completely flat 'muh daughter' or 'muh dad' with the voice direction of 'be as gruff/whiny as possible.'

It was a shame too, that game could have been really great. 8/10 held back by shitty character plotting.
>>
>>376107005
>Wanting to hear Corvo speak
Especially since the opening made him look like a nu-male cuck.
If I'm getting a feminine character either way I'd rather choose the actual female
>>
>>376106236
because it spit in the faces of people who bought it. literally just a retelling of the first game's dlc, its just fucking disgusting how lazy the game was. i'm glad it did badly because it sure as shit didn't deserve to do good.

>inb4 time travel level and the robot mansion
>>
>>376106868
>>Who'sits has an actual legitimate claim to the throne
According to who? I never saw proof that Delilah was actually Jessamine's older sister apart from Delilah herself claiming it. Even if she is the older sister, she's a bastard and so wouldn't inherit anyway.

Also she kinda loses her claim when she destroys dunwall after a week of being in control, if she was a good ruler her stealing the throne would be less of a problem.
>>
>>376106236
I just started the game as Corvo on hard and told the Outsider to fuck off, how fucked am I /v/?
>>
First game was okay at best, nothing to get me hyped about a sequel.
I don't care about Emily.
Didn't get much post-release praise either.
Supposedly runs like shit on PC.

This is a $10 - $20 purchase, not $60.
>>
>>376108298

If you want to adequately explore levels and collect lore and shit?

Super fucked. It's not happening unless you're going full Chaos.

If you're in for some fun sneak challenges on generally interesting levels? Probably in for a good time.

>>376108443

Oh relax. It was a fine game hampered by subpar writing. It was basically a giant DLC for Dishonored and clocks in at about 15-20 hours. It's more in the 40-50 price range.
>>
It's possible that bethesda will announce some kind of dlc at e3.
>>
>>376106236
Compared to prey it's a top seller LOL
>>
>>376108298
full chaos no powers is probably the funnest way to play. the powers in this game are beyond full retard op.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.