[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the joycon's HD rumble supposed to supplement a speaker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: GA3WM)BS@]6T0_1$_[KIZP6.jpg (145KB, 1200x836px) Image search: [Google]
GA3WM)BS@]6T0_1$_[KIZP6.jpg
145KB, 1200x836px
Are the joycon's HD rumble supposed to supplement a speaker? It's weird, I feel like when I connect them in the grip or if I get a coin or something in Mario Kart it's almost like they're using the rumble to create sound effects. There's a little metallic cha-chink! when you turn them on in the grip, and there's a little ching! that you can hear as they rumble in MK when you get a coin. Is that intentional or am I reading way too far into it?
>>
>>376087210
The idea behind HD rumble is that you're supposed to feel an impact that responds to the game, so collecting a coin creating the feeling of a coin in your hand is the intention with regards to Mario Kart presumably.
>>
>>376088360
Yes I get that, but it feels like they took the sound the rumble makes into account and created a metallic sound for it.
>>
>>376087210
How is the HD rumble so far, anyway? Is it legit or a meme?
>>
>>376090319
>half of the switch owners don't know if hd rumble is a meme or not since zelda doesn't use it
>>
>>376090319
both at the same time

it feels advanced compared to any other rumble feature but the
>guess the amount of shit in the cup
shit is bullshit
>>
>>376090319
It's good in the sense that it actually does feel like there's something rattling around giving it weight, but apart from the gimmicky shit like 1-2 Switch I highly doubt any developer is going to utilize it in meaningful gameplay.
>>
I honestly haven't noticed it being any different from your typical rumble.

I'm sure some retards are going to burst in and give me a (You) or two about how I'm so stupid for not seeing how great and innoative it is though.
>>
>>376087210
If you play it on mute the coin rumble is definitely distinct but with the games sound it doesn't really shine through
>>
>>376090319
>>376090434
I didn't buy 1-2- swtich so I still am not sure if it's a meme. Seems cool in Mario Kart. puyo puyo tetris has an option to enable or disable it but i haven't seen a difference.

I'd equate it to an iphone or something like that. iPhones have a pattern where you can set specific vibration patterns when it rings. I don't know if it's better in 1-2-switch but that's what I'd equate it to in MK8D. It's precise, and fast, but it's not mind blowing or anyhing. Definitely not worthi paying 80 dollars or whatever retarded price another set of joycons is going for.
>>
>>376090460
So it's the Switch's 3d effect?
>>
>>376090447
Is it bullshit in that it's that and only that? Or is it bullshit in that it just doesn't work?
>>
>>376090854
But I mean even when your switch is docked. Hit the Home button on the joycon. It does a "sync" vibration. It sound like a 'ca-CHUNK' sound. I don't know if it's intentional or not, that's my main question. Sounds like i'd expect a sound effect to sound if the switch had a speaker; like if it was playing a sound effect when you connected it. Like "ga-CHUNK, your shit's connected" kinda thing. Idk. Sounds like it to me.
>>
the wii remote speaker was useless anyway. what game used it?
>>
>>376091335
I recall No More Heroes using it for phonecall-style exposition or something. It was neat but nothing to write home about.
>>
File: 1494038185309.png (234KB, 626x885px) Image search: [Google]
1494038185309.png
234KB, 626x885px
>>376090319
I hardly notice a difference in Mario Kart and Fast RMX, but it is kind of neat to hear and feel a coin ding in MK8D. It's definitely more advanced, but it's not mind blowing in anything I've played.
>>
>>376090460
I guess developers could use it for lockpicking in games like Skyrim or Splinter Cell
at least, we will get a Senran Kagura game, where you can touch boobs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.