[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people who play adventure or roleplaying games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: RE7-Molded-No-HUD.jpg (507KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RE7-Molded-No-HUD.jpg
507KB, 1920x1080px
>there are people who play adventure or roleplaying games with the HUD on

Why?
>>
Fucking Capcom ripped off Silent HIlls.
>>
>>376084847
At least they actually released a fucking game. Konami didn't give you anything but a demo and shattered dreams.

Capcom may have ripped them off but no one cares since at least they brought something to the fucking table.
>>
>>376084847
How did they manage to rip off a game that doesn't fucking exist?

What level of delusion are Kojima cocksuckers on?
>>
>>376084847
>Silent Hills was the first game to have creepy hallways
When did this meme start? RE1 came out in 1996 for fuck's sake.
>>
>>376084923
Seriously this. Silent Hills might have been the better game. Key words are "might have been".
>>
>>376085002

Yes but it wasn't first person.
>>
>>376085970
Mikami wanted it to be. Survivor also came out shortly after. And, the whole reason why they went with fixed camera angles was to capture atmosphere, not a specific gameplay style, so "creepy hallways" were what they were really thinking when they designed the mansion.
>>
File: 1490797996969.jpg (52KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490797996969.jpg
52KB, 900x960px
>>376084847

>Rip Off silent hills
>Rip Off Outlast
>RE7 is better than both

top kek
>>
>>376084809
Because I would like to know what I have on me without going through tons of menus and in the case of Bethesda games would like to see where in the world I'm heading without pulling up the map every five seconds. No HUD drives me mad because I'm having information kept from me and have to jump through hoops to get it.

Perfect example is Metro 2033's Survival mode or whatever it was called, it completely disables the HUD so every time you want to check anything you have to pull up your watch to have a check of most of what you have and are never that sure on how much health you have so you just wing it. Playing Assassin's Creed without a HUD is equally as annoying, you have no clue how much health you really have, when you need to heal, or how many hits kill you when you get new armor, so you just end up spamming medicine whenever you get hit more than once since you usually die in two to three hits.
>>
>>376084847
>capcom ripped off a non existent game that would have been in a series that's a complete rip off of resident evil

Kojimasan, your fan base is full of delusional shit guzzlers
>>
>>376084809
because in real life i can count how many arrows i have left. in a game i can't so i rely on my UI to let me know how many are remaining
>>
>>376086321
Some games don't work without it. Bethesda games are a good example. Meanwhile, RE7 is actually ruined by keeping the HUD on, and there are other games like this.

AC Unity was much better without HUD though. You can tell by visual cues or memorization how many hits you can take. The real goal is to not get hit so it doesn't matter, though.
>>
>>376084809
Because the games are made to be played that way and usually display information that you need to beat the game on the hud.

If they were good RPGs they wouldn't need elaborate huds since you'd be able to gather information from the game world itself rather than requiring meta-information like quest markers, but most RPGs aren't very good these days.
>>
>>376086737
>AC Unity was much better without HUD though.
It really wasn't. You miss certain targets in co-op missions while turning it off, you miss certain collectibles being shown directly on the screen if you turn it off, you aren't told where you're getting shot from, etc. It's terrible to have the HUD off because you have to die to understand how much you can get hit, and you don't know if you can survive that gunshot from off screen. Turning off the minimap in games is especially idiotic because most games aren't meant to have it turned off. Breath of the Wild is the only thing I can think of that can live with it, and you're still at a massive disadvantage compared to normal players. Hell, turning on minimal HUD on BotW is equally as stupid because now you don't know how loud your footsteps are and when rain is going to appear since rain is completely sudden if you don't have it on.
>>
>>376086965
>You miss certain targets in co-op missions while turning it off
Oh, I didn't play the co-op.

>It's terrible to have the HUD off because you have to die to understand how much you can get hit
I don't see a problem with that. No pain no gain. But, AC Unity wouldn't be my first pick for "games made better with HUD off" anyway.

>Breath of the Wild is the only thing I can think of that can live with it, and you're still at a massive disadvantage compared to normal players
It's the other way around to me. People who play with the HUD on when the experience is better without it are the ones gimping themselves. They are playing an easier, less immersive game.

>now you don't know how loud your footsteps are
Listen to them.

>and when rain is going to appear
Look at the sky.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.