[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats a good JRPG on PS4 or that I can emulate or get off steam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1493778923253.png (112KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493778923253.png
112KB, 512x512px
Whats a good JRPG on PS4 or that I can emulate or get off steam? I just finished persona 5 and I want something with more emphasis on combat but still good enough characters and story. I've never played JRPGs besides Persona 5.
>>
>Persona 5 was my first Persona
>Persona 5 was my first JRPG
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>376081023
You could try Final Fantasy XVIIII, i just finished it and really liked it. There's also SMT 7 if that's your thing.
>>
>>376081023
Try SMT Nocturne (ps2) of you like dark atmosphere
>>
>>376081023
Emulate P3 and 4. Devil Survivor 1 is pretty good too.
>>
>>376081138
edgy
>>
>>376081138
What an autistic reaction to have about someone taking interest in a genre they didn't play before
>>
>>376081138
Now you have to say what your first JRPG was so we can make fun of you.
>>
File: 1493519031586.png (327KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493519031586.png
327KB, 640x360px
>>376081023
A REAL chin Megoomy tensay game like Nocturne or Strange Journey
>>
>>376081153
I Didn't know we were on 19
>>
>>376081392
Neptunia
>>
>>376081153
Smt 9two was better
>>
>>376081258
I was told P5 had the best combat of the atlas games and I didn't really enjoy it so it seems like I wouldn't enjoy nocturne
>>
>>376081392
Suikoden
>>
>>376081153
>Final Fantasy XVIIII
Has the the worst gameplay and characters in the entire franchise. Even 16 was better. Fuck off
>>
>>376081986
>P5 had the best combat of the atlas games
You was memed on hard. Nocturne or SMT IV:A is far better.
>>
>>376081426
>>376081023
Disregarding the memes, emulate Nocturne or Strange Journey if you want something similar
>>
>>376081986
I'm kind of shocked you didn't like p5's combat but you want to play more JRPGs

Combat in P5 is some of the best turn based combat in any game, tho SMT proper's battle system is a similar but slightly better system

Try Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) or Final Fantasy 12 (PS2)
>>
>>376081986
> P5 had the best combat of the atlas games
No. If there's something P5 has the most in the series, it's the amount of hand holding support it gives you (Slinks bonus, pre-determined party members, availability of SP regen, lack of punishment on missing attacks, etc.)

Nocturne and SJ has better dungeons, and the simple mechanic is balanced well enough. IV is kind of a mess mechanics wise, but IV:A fix things up a lot and is probably the best mainline game gameplaywise, but dungeons are pretty much a shame
>>
I want to see #fe battle system again.
It was way too fun.
>>
>>376082459
it just seemed spam random attack to find weakness, then if I knew the enemy do the same thing and deal with the annoying AoA cutscene.
>>
>>376082771
Oh oh, you must have played on a lower difficulty? It takes quite a bit of strategy (also buffing) on higher difficulties
>>
>>376082771
Well AoA is the Persona series's exclusive mechanic

As for weakness, hitting resistance punish you harder in SMT to the point where it may lost you a random encounter, but hitting weakness doesn't disable enemies for easy negotiation
>>
>>376083115
I did normal. Outside of bosses and a few tough enemies buffing wasn't really needed. Maybe I'll try again on hard.
>>
>>376083115
>find weakness
>attack weakness
>do it over and over

>hard mode
>same thing except insert "buffs/debuffs" in between
>>
>>376083283
>find weakness
>attack weakness
>do it over and over
>run out of sp 1/4 into the palace
>get raped by a slime
You sure you didn't play on turbo noob?
>>
>>376081023
Tales of Berseria is pretty decent and the combat is more fun than P5.
>>
>>376081023
I'd try SMT: Digital Devil Saga and DDS 2. They're from the makers of Persona. The games features the same cast of demons you saw in P5 and the combat system is similar but more challenging. The game is far more combat & dungeon crawling focus and doesn't have the long extended story sequences Persona does, but still has a solid, interesting, and unique story that'll make you want to see the end. I think it's better than SMT Nocturne, more interesting story and more refined gameplay. Doesn't have demon fusion though, sadly. Instead of Personas you equip skills on your party members.
>>
>>376083728
>I played on easy the post
>>
>>376084948
DDS use the same mechanics as Nocturne, but Mantra is more convenient (not as varied) than Nocturne's archaic fusion. I think a way to describe it is that it's more similar to a FF game with Press Turn
>>
>>376085437
I like demon fusion in P5, I can spend a long time in the Velvet Room trying to craft that perfect demon. I think the crafting is an enjoyable dimension of the game. In Nocturne you can't select skills when fusing, right? That's why it's more irritating than fun.

I wouldn't say it's like FF. It's still a SMT style dungeon crawler with sprawling maze-like dungeons. It does follow a much more linear narrative than mainline SMT games, but still features the apocalyptic setting of SMT.
>>
>>376085791
That's why I think it's more convenient. IV and Apocalypse probably has the best demon fusion, and the affinities system make sense and make you create a a large roster instead of sticking to 5-6 main ones

If SMTV make affinities more punishing then it'd be perfect
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.