[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone talks about how "powerful" the ending of MGS3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Mgs3box.jpg (36KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mgs3box.jpg
36KB, 250x353px
Everyone talks about how "powerful" the ending of MGS3 is, but I've never really got it. Why does Snake go from laughing on the plane with Eva to suddenly depressed and disillusioned during the CIA director cutscene? All he learns is that The Boss didn't defect, instead she was supposed to be stealing the Philosophers legacy, which is really just money. How does that change his outlook so much?
>>
>>376067160
>your mother-character, mentor, fellow soldier and idol defects to red nut-land, steals some nukes w/ her, hands them to a looney ready to start WW3, and even beats you to half death.
Normal reaction: traitorous scum, you're dead to me.
>oh wait, it was actually a convoluted suicide mission she took with a smile on her face, and the script involved you killing her, all so that ruskies wouldn't get their hands on XY billion bucks! :^)
Wanna guess how a typical person would feel now?
>>
The mission would have gone fine if Volgin didn't launch that mini nuke, causing Kruschev to be like "America are you by chance fucking around"

So the boss had to change her mission, she probably would have been able to come back home because people knew what the mission was (the top of the brass maybe)

Also it's like his mom, freshman year crush and sensei died at the same time and he was a cog in the machine that did it

Anyway fuck you it's not hard to figure out
>>
>>376067160
>Realizing you killed the most important person in your life so some people can get money.
>>
>>376067160
The entire game is Snake coming to terms with the fact that his most trusted ally is now his enemy, and then once he finally accepts the fact and literally forces himself to pull the trigger, he learns that she was on his (country's) side all along and that it was all the fault of a convoluted political scheme.

Something like that I guess.
>>
>>376067624
This. Snake even says to the Boss via codec that he does whatever is necessary to get the mission done.
>>
>>376067624
>>376067637
>>376067795
All this really means is that Snake didn't learn anything from The Boss. Regardless of her original mission, she still died so that the world wouldn't be engulfed by nuclear war. Whether she was allied with the US or Russia really didn't make a difference. She tells Snake this repeatedly and yet he still loses his shit at the end when she was actually on the USA team the whole time.
>>
>>376068174
He loses his shit because he cares more about how they didn't tell him about the plans. He wasn't mature nor could he match the Boss in order to interpret her will.
>>
>>376068174
the whole "point" is that he felt deserted and betrayed, not being even allowed to join The Boss side in the implied defect.
"Loyal to your country, or loyalty to me?", she asked. To BB, the choice always was the latter, which is why he came to dismiss Boss, but still carry her legacy, her memes, or at least his personal translation of them.
>>
Snake and The Boss' relationship has as much build up as Joel and his retarded daughter from TLoU.

MGS3 is the worst Metal Gear.
>>
What are you thoughts about a Snake Eater remake with pachinko graphics in the FOX engine and an MGS1-4 remaster for PC, Xbone and PS4? Would this redeem your faith in Konami?
>>
>>376068617
i'd buy it
>>
>>376068617
>Would this redeem your faith in Konami?
No.
>>
The boss ruined the mgs story, it was no longer about social commentary using nuclear weapons as a means to base the story off of, it was about the boss's shitty will followed by massive retards.
>>
>>376067160
>People think a video game has a message
>a video game delivered by Kojewma has a message
>A game made for autists has a message
>>
>>376068617
depends if they have 5's gameplay but linear then definitely
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.