[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games that you can't get into no matter how hard you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 502[2].jpg (19KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
502[2].jpg
19KB, 351x359px
Post games that you can't get into no matter how hard you try

>Advance Wars

I like the concept I'm just so bad at it.
>>
I can help you but you must say "I love you mommy!" three times to me.
>>
>>376066970
dwarf fortress

tried to get into that game, like 4 times. can't get past that UI
>>
Pillars of Eternity. I tried twice, was really enjoying it up until you get to that first castle. Then I just completely lose interest.
>>
>>376066970
Monster Hunter. It feels so clunky to me.
>>
File: gamesshit.jpg (1MB, 1846x2639px) Image search: [Google]
gamesshit.jpg
1MB, 1846x2639px
>Can be beaten in under an hour
>Rest of the game is padding
>>
File: Street_Fighter_V_box_artwork.png (135KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
Street_Fighter_V_box_artwork.png
135KB, 300x298px
>>376066970
Street fighter. I keep trying to figure out the combos but I always get frustrated at how complicated they are.
>>
Dark Souls.

Tried at least 4-5 times to get into it. Get part way through and either get bored or find it obnoxious.

I mean, I can see why people love it so much, but I think it is very overrated.
>>
File: 1463386774715.png (288KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
1463386774715.png
288KB, 500x424px
Mega Man Battle Network

I always get bored 2-3 areas in.
>>
File: 156693.jpg (18KB, 294x440px) Image search: [Google]
156693.jpg
18KB, 294x440px
this game is so fucking boring, i just can't do it
>>
>>376068696
>a game's beginning and ending is the thing that matters
>>
Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. I generally have fun for the first few hours but later on find out my build isn't as effective as I thought it would be or I just get bored of the limited move set. Late game shit always looks awesome, so I keep trying again, but I never get that much farther than the last time.

To a lesser extent, Xenoblade X. I just hit a point where it feels like the only point is your completion percentage and it just kills the mood. I loved the first game but X just doesn't have the same heart.
>>
Any kind of grand strategy or civilization builder game.

I usually do one attempt at them and move on. The factions are always too identical to make multiple playthroughs interesting.
>>
>Any grand strategy
Feels sub69 IQ man
>>
>>376066970
Exanima. Controls are pure trash.
>>
>>376067575
Get a tile set, it makes it better

>>376066970
Yeah at a certain point I just feel retarded

>>376068556
Tried it once on PSP, wasn't my thing. Not even going to attempt it on 3DS. No right stick was a fucking mistake

>>376068995
I know that feel. A lot of my friends play in tournaments but I can't figure out how to play charge characters

>>376069204
Dark Souls is pretty overrated, despite its polish, I agree
>>
every game
help me ;_;
>>
File: doom2016.jpg (45KB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
doom2016.jpg
45KB, 640x325px
I can't do it.
>>
>>376066970
Any 2d Zelda game
>>
File: 1974385-box_deusexhr[1].png (462KB, 482x640px) Image search: [Google]
1974385-box_deusexhr[1].png
462KB, 482x640px
I've tried to play it three times now and I just get mind numbingly bored and give up.
>>
Just about every MMO

I just don't understand the appeal for it at all.
>>
>>376069604
It is if there is no incentive to play the middle.
>>
>>376070251
same
>>
>>376067575
same
>>
>>376067575
this, but because i don't like the dwarves being THAT retarded without your explicit guidance. i don't want to manage where you put fucking corpses so you don't fucking choke on the death gas, i don't want to manage your left boot. i just want to have a military and construct a fortress. i even like the fantasy aesthetic and the intensely detailed world gen. i just don't like some of the more annoying elements.
>>
>>376068556
I like how MH games look but once I play them, I'm inclined to agree.
>>
Shmups
Puzzle heavy games
Mobas

I love Grand Strats and RTS so I'm a different kind of autistic than what I need for those, I guess
>>
any RTS
I'm to intelligent for that shit
>>
>>376070251
>>376070428

it's just not your type of game, then. first person RPG's are my jam, so I loved it. but for example grand strategy bores the piss out of me.
>>
File: fall out 3.png (2MB, 1000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
fall out 3.png
2MB, 1000x1240px
I was told I'd like this as a fan of oblivion. I rellly gave it an honest try (17 hours in two days)

I was bored every single minute of it. I didn't like the fighting. had no interest in exploring the ugly landscape and felt no sense of progression.

no matter if I just went out to explore or actually did quests. I even dreamt about the game after two days I got a bow with arrows and the game became fun

never touched it again, to this dayI'm convinced every one saying it's a good game is memeing
>>
XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Sleeping Dogs
>>
>>376070537
>I don't want to manage basic storage

Play adventure mode.
>>
File: 1409018870010.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1409018870010.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
Any moba

>Play DotA
>People screaming at me in Russian, don't know what they're saying but it sounds pretty hostile

>Play HotS
>People yelling at me to get off the payload and throw the game

I wonder if team-based multiplayer is not for me.
>>
File: 1463058940750.jpg (47KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1463058940750.jpg
47KB, 398x356px
>Fire Emblem

I dunno man. I play some of the game but never finish them. I enjoy the waifu material as well but I dunno what happens when I play them.
>>
Dark Messiah

source engine ruins all immersion and gets me mad
>>
Tried Undertale twice: first time i managed to get to goat-mom's house, saved, never opened it again cause it's so fucking boring to play.
Second time, I fucking fell asleep.

It's too boring, i can't stand it. Also
>muh good music
Only 2 or 3 track are nice
>muh minimalistic design
Just an excuse for being lazy, i guess
>muh determination and deepness
There are a bunch of good characters, but the cringey jokes kill them all
>>
>>376067575
i had so many problems with stairs.
>>
>>376070762

Not him but I don't have the patience to learn fort mode but have spent at least the amount of time I'd need to git gud at it in adventure
>>
Disgaea
Combat bounces around from fun and boring.
>>
>persona 3

I went in expecting a jrpg but instead I got a boring dungeon crawler but mostly it's a weeby anime highschool sim for people that wasted their youth. Was never so disappointed
>>
I had to play some HotS to get the genji oni skin on Overwatch some months ago. Played for two hours and a half, I felt sick and deeply depressed, had to go to sleep at 9pm.

That was scary.
>>
>>376066970
Thea: The Awakening
>>
>>376068696
>Not considering 100% completion as beating
>>
Smash
I find it really boring, l dont like how the game plays
>>
>>376069208
Have you tried Starforce instead?
>>
literally any fps
i think its just boring and every game plays the same
was really hard to stop my friends trying to get me to try every fotm fps
>>
>>376071318
What have you tried?
>>
>>376070767
i have bad news for you anon

you may be clinically retarded

sorry to have to be the first one to tell you this. they really should've at least picked up on it some time during your schooling. assuming you went to school, of course.
>>
>Pofessor Layton, Hotel Dusk, Ghost Trick, 999, etc.
I would like to play them for the story but I find them to be extremely boring
>Witcher 3
I loved the first two and I want to finish the saga but I just can't get to like this one. The Wild Hunt fucks off and Geralt gets so derailed from the action that I end up not giving a shit about anything and losing interest. The side stories are nice and the open world is well done but the combat is too simple and having to use Batman vision to solve mysteries defeats the point of sidequests.
>Any fighting game
I'm an absolute shitter. I feel like I'm playing tic-tac-toe with weird inputs.
>>
>>376071425
>special ed moba player calling anyone else stupid
>>
>>376071414
just the usual suspects at friends counterstike call of duty battlefield all the popular ones basically
i always get so bored that i mostly shoot smileys in the ground or see how often i can kill myself
>>
>>376071425
MOBAs are pretty damn confusing the first time you play them. HOTS spells out everything the player has to do but still.
>>
>>376071691
Try Metroid Prime if you haven't
I agree most multiplayer FPSs are pretty much the same
>>
Zelda. They are enjoyable games but I have no idea why people consider them the second coming of Jesus.
>>
>>376071820

To be fair, HOTS gives you tutorial missions when you start the game for the first time that you'll almost immediately want to skip

On top of that there's stuff that will get you yelled at for doing like unintentionally feeding or not adhering to a certain role with a certain character
>>
>>376071838
thanks for recommending something
i actually tried that game and didnt like it that much either
i believe i never finished it
just not my genre
>>
MOBAs, my friends all started playing with Dota 2 beta. I've only played 28 hours over the years and could never get into it, yet they've played 3000-7500 hours so while I saved some time I feel like I missed out on lots of fun calls.
>>
>>376068696
You didnt beat it in under an hour anon.
>>
>>376071691
>>376071318
My best friend thinks and does exactly the same. I don't really get it, he loves third person shooters and all of them play the same too. He bought Battlefield 4 because he wanted to try it out with me. He ended up crashing planes into people and blowing the living fuck out of everything when he got bored and it was fun as hell. Too bad he got tired of it quickly.
>>
>>376072191
You didn't miss anything of worth. Most of the time MOBAs are just tiring and frustrating to play. I dropped them when I realized that and never looked back.
>>
>>376066970
Dwarf Fortress

I like the adventure mode but I can't really get into the fortress mode at all. ASCII's not the problem, the game is just fucking huge
>>
>>376066970
monster hunter series
>>
>>376072191
MOVEs with friends are only fun when you're winning. Everybody gets all pissy and passive-agressive when anything goes slightly downhill.
>>
Deus Ex.

Not even joking, I still have the CD from 1999 and I still can't bring myself to pass Battery Park. It's so fucking bad.
>>
>>376068995
Honestly combo execution is fucking easy, especially if you start playing a lot. I used to be able to literally hit 1-frame links with my eyes closed. It all becomes muscle memory after a short period of time.

The difficulty of Street Fighter is learning to play fucking boring all the time. SF5 is trash because it's all pokes. If people wanted that they would play SF2. There's a reason SF4 was so popular. It had strong fundamentals but also had enough flashy shit to draw in the mouth-breathing cousin fucking troglodytes and niggers.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.