[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fight abyss watchers >die a million times in his 2nd phase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: 600x.jpg (226KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
600x.jpg
226KB, 600x846px
>fight abyss watchers
>die a million times in his 2nd phase

>fight pontiff sulyvahn
>kill him 2nd try

Aren't bosses supposed to become harder?
>>
>>376056870
Well depending on your playstyle its variable
>>
>>376056870
literally backwards for me. Killed abyss watchers on my first try but it took me fucking forever to kill the pontiff
>>
same thing for me

every singe boss in this game was easy as fuck except abyss watchers and nameless king
>>
>>376057068
I see this picture posted autistically every time dark souls is discussed here, but I'm not sure why?
Are you saying that BB is hard considering only 7% of owners platinum'd it? Or the opposite, that it's too easy to platinum?
either way, >>>/vg/ is that way
>>
I found all the bosses easy and rarely died too more than except for the Dancer and Nameless King who I struggled with terribly.
>>
>>376056870
>learn combat system by trying a million times
>whoa what I killed a later boss more quickly, wooooowww bugged progression mechanics
>>
>>376056870
>bosses become harder
>but you become better
>so much better that bosses becomes easy as fuck

And don't forget what everyone forgets
>played DaS1 in 2013 and it was hard
>played 4 years of 1, 2 and 3
>become better
>games become easy for you

Magic
>>
>>376057485
no one claimed it was "bugged" you autistic sperg
>>
>>376057395
I don't see why people have trouble with Dancer. Unless you trigger the encounter too early, you have faced way tougher and more chaotic bosses like Sully, Watchers and Aldrich. The only thing that can fuck you is the grab attack if you don't learn the visual cues
>>
>>376056870
Got gud you buffoon
>>
File: DaSfaggots.jpg (109KB, 883x341px) Image search: [Google]
DaSfaggots.jpg
109KB, 883x341px
>>376058170
>>
>>376058797
Yeah, I know. I've just never been given an explanation on their difficulty. Also I'm by no means good at these games.
>>
All bosses except champion gundyr, soul of cynder and nameless king were single attempts for me. Even yohrm, which is only surpsing to me because I hadn't used weapon arts up to that point and I awkwardly tried running away to equip it and then figure out how to use it without being smacked. The other e were at least a dozen attempts each, probably far more for nameless king. From ng+ to ng+7, champion gundyr always killed me at least once, while everything else was one attempt. I had close calls with sully and the watchers, but everything else was basically cake. I remember being severely disappointed with the old demon king, because on ng he went down in maybe less than a minute. But I also didn't find him until after soul of cinder and having every armor set.
>>
>>376060071
just summon some one dude, thats how the game was intended to be played
>>
>>376060772
I think this is bait but the AI is done to be good against one person not two or more. You can always see how the enemies have problems switching between you and your phantom.
>>
>>376060509
really I always rock champion fuck I beat him right after oceiros without stopping at a bonfire
>>
>>376058170
Dancer's grab attack is probably the most satisfying way to die in the entire series.
>>
>>376060936
is not b8 the meme of
>only casuals summon
needs to die, the devs intented the game to be co-op atleast at some point that why you get redwards for helping others etc.
>>
>>376056870
Abyss Watchers are ez mode if you do the game in the proper order. Cathedral comes first.
>>
Most people only had trouble with Watchers because they didn't expect infinite stunlocking to work at first.
>>
>>376056870
>Suffer a wipe on Abyss Watcher on first attempt.
>Beat them on 2nd attempt on what might have been a bug.
The Abyss Watchers died on my second attempt because that time, I summoned Black Hand Gotthard.

I'm 90% certain that his health may have been bugged that time, because he pretty much just singularly killed the Abyss Watchers in his 2nd phase all on his own.

Literally, I sat there on the sidelines and got a chance to watch an awesome fight with some good music.
>>
>>376056870
the pontiff goes into easy mode if you just keep moving to his right, several of his attacks wont hit you even if you only move and dont roll
>>
Everyone has different playstyles, and the bosses of every Souls game are cleverly designed to punish specific playstyles to various degrees.

Abyss Watchers punish turtles, and reward glass cannons. Pontiff Sulvayhn does the opposite.
>>
Dark Souls 3 was my first souls game and I killed these guys on 3rd attempt. Died 7 times on Iudex Gundyr tho.
>>
You get better.
>>
>>376061740
I think the coolest way to die is getting oneshot by the Soul of Cinder death combo after he went into the second phase while hearing that Gwyn theme.
>>
File: ALL YOU NIGGAS.png (176KB, 259x379px) Image search: [Google]
ALL YOU NIGGAS.png
176KB, 259x379px
Tossing it up between this and witcher 3. Which should I get.

Main incentive behind witcher is that I''l be playing something new, but I'm taking a risk

I'm familiar with the Souls series, sans Demons.
>>
>>376056870
The game is RNG, you could randomly take any amount of tries on any boss depending on how they play
>>
>>376069745
get witcher. ignore contrarians.
>>
File: v summarized.jpg (171KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
v summarized.jpg
171KB, 1000x600px
>>376069909
Are the contrarians the ones calling witcher bad or DS3 good? I've seen both and they don't seem to have a clear Venn diagram. The guys who don't like wither seem to cite tons of walking errywhere and that kind of irks me. Then again, most of their rhetoric is infused with typical post 2011 /v/ fare, so it's not like it's all too reliable.

On the other hand, lots of others seem to like three simply because it wasn't 2. I kinda liked 2 though
>>
>>376069745
If you are familiar with Souls then this is a must get.

You should at least play the other Witcher game series.
>>
Same thing, but I bitch-slapped pontiff without parrying first try when everyone kept complaining that he's the hardest fight in the series

This is coming from someone who died SEVEN (7) times to vordt

Different strokes for different folks
>>
>>376056870
>get to skeleton man
>beat him without even trying
>>
Bought DS3 fire fades edition. Just killed Soul of cinders and I have to admit, Abyss watchers is the bossI 've found the most difficult (haven't played the dlc yet).

But I think it's also the boss that taught me how to roll through attacks. After that It was more easy for me to beat Lothric and Sould of Cinder. I'm still amazed by the way I was able to dodge their attacks... because I was fucking bad at it in DS2 and Bloodborne (had to summon a lot and I solo'd everybody in DS3)
>>
>>376070130
I was generally talking about those who hate on W3 because it's popular.
>>
>>376070538
>because it's popular.
Ah well. Lind of a sad given I guess.

>>376070240

Guess I'll get Souls first, then Witcher after I've at least played other games in the series. Would 1 or 2 be on steam still?
>>
>>376056870
>bet abyss watchers on first go.
>took me 4 weeks to get past Sulypants.

Dark Souls bosses are random as fuck.
>>
>>376069745

Witcher 3, but only if you've played 1 and 2. I've not even played DS3, but you're missing out if you don't play the witcher trilogy, only plebs will disagree
>>
>>376070659
Faggot plz. Polish games suck.
>>
File: 1462234328652.jpg (34KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
1462234328652.jpg
34KB, 200x196px
>>376056870

>Beat Pope Sully and other assholes like NK after a few tries
>Stuck on Sister Friede's anime-tier last form for days now
>>
>>376070751

>dismissing a nations entire output

As I said, only plebs will disagree. Make the right choice lad, witcher 1 is calling
>>
>struggle with pontiff for longest time with greatsword
>switch to rapier just to try
>kill him first try
>>
>>376070939
>. Make the right choice lad
he's not me tho, if by "choice" you were referring to >>376069745
>>
>>376070847
Oh boy
Just you wait for demon & demon

And Santa.
>>
>>376056870
You are better dude. Also, I think those and the princes are my top 3 fights of DS3 (without dlc) and AW have the best music
>>
>>376058797
>people have died to the gaping dragon
>>
File: 1458868184559.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1458868184559.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>376056870
>Find nearly every boss in bloodborne incredibly easy, even Ludwig and Orphan of Kos
>Still lose 50% of the time to Cleric Beast
>Still haven't been able to solo Rom
>>
>>376056870
>DS3
>die
How, enemies barely do any damage until the very last area?
>>
Lord of cinder was the most difficult fight for me in this game. Nameless king was easy and so were all the other ones people consider hard.
>>
>dying to Abyss Watchers
HOW
>>
>>376058170
Did you use a shield? I fucked up Dancer no problem on my first playthrough, but when I went shieldless she was a lot harder. The animations just aren't as predictable as "lunges forward and swings horizontally"
>>
>>376070939
No only Eastern European alcoholic wellfare scroungers that swarm all over the rest of Europe and make Europeans want to quit Europe like anything Polish.

Buy American. Buy Skyrim.
>>
>>376056870
>Vordt
>9+ Attempts

>Every other boss took 2-4 attempts

I don't know what it is about Vordt for me but he just fucking trips me up every time while everything else is pretty straight forward.
>>
Ringed City is kino
>>
>>376072065
This
>>
>>376058170
the long-ass super spin combo she does in her 2nd phase is what gets you
>>
>>376073484
Yeah. Once you know about it though all you gotta do is just book it for cover behind one of the pillars and wait it out. What really gets me is never being 100% if she's done with her combo or not because she bobs and weaves like a snake.
>>
>>376073423
shit
>>
>>376056870
Try a sl1 pontiff fight without parry cheese. He is one of the most difficult bosses in the game for that challenge.
>>
File: 1476940488044.jpg (44KB, 640x338px) Image search: [Google]
1476940488044.jpg
44KB, 640x338px
How do you think you can tell you're at the proper difficulty that you're beating bosses out of actual skill? Like I tend to think that a boss should be able to kill you in anywhere between two (their strongest) and four (their weakest) hits, and anymore than that means you're OP. There's also the speed with which you can kill them to take into account, as well. For instance, I no-hit Dragonslayer Armor the other day, but I feel like it was hardly any kind of an accomplishment because he only got 10 attacks off anyway.

Basically, I think that a boss should be able to kill you in a pretty small number of hits and be killed in probably no less than a full minute to a minute and a half at the absolute best. What do you think?
>>
>>376071107
Bosses like Pontiff and Champ are kinda fucked up. Literally any dex and many strength weapons are perfectly fine for killing them, but anything relatively slow will not ever guarantee you a hit with enough time to dodge their next attack after. To put it into perspective, I've beaten Champ probably six or seven times. Until the last time I went through Untended Graves, I had literally NEVER been killed by him. But I tried with a big strength weapon, and I could not stop getting hit. Same happened with Pontiff, I almost always get him first or second try, but I tried with the pickaxe and the only reason I was even able to get to the point where I RAN OUT OF ESTUS was because many of his swings could be ducked using the pickaxe's attacks.

It's bullshit, they put some bosses in this game that are good and fun until you try to use a weapon that is literally too slow to use, and they become not impossible, but huge estus drainers at least.
>>
>nameless king gives me loads of grief in NG
>kill him first try in NG+
ayy
>>
>>376056953
This. Certain bosses stymy certain playstyles.

If your playstyle is of a "compatible" style, you can beat the boss easily.
>>
>>376069745
If you have completion autism don
t get Witcher 3, it still bugs me that I never finished the game but I can't get back into it
>>
I died about 10 times to Gundyr
Maybe 3 to vordt
never died more than twice on a boss after that, most I did first try.

Once you learn the "schtick" of how dark souls combat works, it gets pretty easy.
>>
>>376071514
>Beat every Bloodborne boss on first or second time
>killed Rom on first try before everyone tells me he is supposed to be hard
>fuck up on every consecutive run on Rom from then on out
>>
File: 1471626006901.png (372KB, 962x578px) Image search: [Google]
1471626006901.png
372KB, 962x578px
>>
>>376070645
1 and 2 are still on steam. You should also keep an eye on GOG, Witcher 1 is sometimes free there
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.