[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this company making people chimp out so much? Seriously.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

Why is this company making people chimp out so much? Seriously.

>muh stolen keys

I doubt even 10% of them are stolen, call it a hunch but I bet devs and publishers are pissed that their profit margins are being undercut
>>
PC gaming is pretty much synonymous with people who have to justify paying stupid amounts of money for shit they probably don't need, so try looking at Steam vs. G2A in that light.
>>
>>376050649
true, I just don't know why anyone would pay more for games

like, I was looking up shit about g2a to see what the noise was about and google returned some reddit threads on le pc master race and they were dumping on it hard and white knighting the devs/publishers

like, why would I pay more when I can take advantage of regional pricing and play the slavistan price, I don't play games to 'support' anyone, only thing I'm supporting is my entertainment
>>
>>376050415
People that use G2A either have no money, are too retarded to pirate, or want to claim that they are 'lawful' consumers. Or a combination of these.
When they hear that their keys are stolen they get triggered.
>>
>>376051065
t.valve
>>
>>376051165
He's right though.
Either buy the key from a legit place or pirate it but don't get it from some shady ass site where the devs are not gonna see a single cent from.
>>
>>376050415
>I bet devs and publishers are pissed that their profit margins are being undercut
Except many publishers actually sell keys to these places directly to guarantee sales. They know most consumers are just going to pay full price on Steam, but even if they sell some keys for a little cheaper they're still making good money. The question you're missing is why is G2A the ONLY reseller that's getting heat right now, and not any other ones (like GMG).

G2A has a reputation for stolen keys, leading to Steam revoking people's games. If this were some conspiracy by big-name publishers then why is it just ONE reseller?
>>
>>376051306
I don't care about the jew devs, they can suck my fat cock, and I play mostly multiplayer games like fighting games and FPS so pirating is unfeasible
>>
Give me one (1) good, non-moral reason not to use G2A.

I've never used it, but I've thought about it.
>>
>>376051306
>He
>implying it's not you
Also, why though? If I can pay less for stolen goods and not be implicit in the theft in the eyes of the law would I not do that instead of """steal""" that shit myself or pay full price of "legit" keys
If I can pay less and still be able to activate that shit on my steam account without a hitch, why on earth wouldn't I just do that
>>
>>376050415
G2A is great because I am a poorfag but I don't like to pirate games.

And if I find a game I like on G2A for like 5-10Euros I buy it, because I like having the game on steam. It's more convenient.
>>
>>376051479
>The question you're missing is why is G2A the ONLY reseller that's getting heat right now, and not any other ones (like GMG).

because they're the biggest one, and the one to make an example of, that's all it is

never got my games revoked and I use g2a but I only buy from people with 99% and tens of thousands of games sold
>>
>>376051567
I bet you're the kind of guy that also bought bootleg mixtapes from some guy's van because they were cheaper than the actual recordings.
>>
Probably got around 100 games on G2A

never got a revoked key

fuck the steamcuckolds and use it if you want
>>
>>376051065
Except there is zero proof that the keys are stolen, and if their business was illegal, they would have been closed a long time ago don't you think?
>>
>>376051521
The design on their site is pretty shit.
>>
>>376051065
Not really, I just want convenience of having games on Steam without paying prices out the ass.
>>
>>376051763
????
>>
hmmm should i pay 39.99€ for my game or 13.99€

really a hard decision to make
>>
>>376051940
B-BUT 1% OF THE KEYS ARE STOLEN AND ON ACCOUNTS WITH LESS THAN 3 REVIEWS YOU FILTHY GOY

HOW DARE YOU DO THIS

YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THE CORPORATIONS

YOU CAN'T DO THIS GOYIM, YOU MUST GIVE US THE FULL RETAIL PRICE, WE WILL GET THE REDDIT ARMY TO ATTACK YOU
>>
>>376050415
developers are trying to stop people from selling their own property (cd keys) similar to how they wanted to stop used game sales for a while. you remember the similar astroturf against Gamestop used game service?
>>
>>376050415
Does not matter the % of keys, The fact it has happened has ruined their rep. Thats how rep works as a fucking key seller, if you fuck it up the internet will remember.
>>
TB told me that G2A is evil

why would a man with ass cancer lie?
>>
I've used G2A a few times for super cheap games but I recently decided to spend £27 and got a key that wasn't even for the listed game. They replied to my negative reviews faster than they responded to my refund request so I made a dispute through PayPal. Fuck using G2A again.
>>
>>376052260
i 100% believe you
>>
>>376051858

Basically this. People want the convenience of having the game on Steam (auto updates, easy DLC access, online multiplayer, etc) that wouldn't be possible with pirating, or with a lot more hassle. It's for people who don't mind paying for games, but not necessarily the horrific price of 60$, which I find ridiculous.
If there's an alternative for cheaper, I'll take it.
>>
>>376051858
This. Pirating games is a hassle and having a lot at one time is a hassle. Buying something on g2a for $30 cheaper, bypassing valves kikery knowing they dont see a cent from my purchase while i get the convenience of using the platform fills me with ecstasy.
>>
90% of my games that have been bought over the last 4 years was from keysites

you're not stopping me
>>
>>376052184

>I want to buy an unused key that someone else bought the key for for a cheaper price

Or

>I want to pay more for the exact same thing

At the end of the day, you activated one copy.

It's stupid to pay more to do the same thing.
>>
>>376052213
This

"In TB we trust" -anon, /v/, 2017
#istandwithourguy
>>
File: IMG_5488.jpg (115KB, 640x1053px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5488.jpg
115KB, 640x1053px
>>376052356
Thanks
>>
>>376051479
>why is G2A the ONLY reseller that's getting heat right now, and not any other ones (like GMG)
g2a is a marketplace
gmg is a storefront

they're not really comparable
>>
>>376051165
but valve literally distributes keys to dev just for g2a specifically
>>
>>376052779
a beter question is why is G2A the only ones getting stick? there's others out there thats just as big as them
>>
GMG did feel the heat. Especially after the Witcher 3 thing where cdpro claimed they were selling stolen keys--i believe the real story was they cut a deal with bandai-namco to get physical DVD keys and sell them undercutting GOG's digital sales. the keys are legitimate, but the method of acquisition pissed off le happy digital-only storefront where they make bigger profits. same with their EA and Ubishit games fronts where the publishers probably noticed a fair share of GMG keys were being applied and they didn't get MAXMIMUM jewgolds from those deals they had with GMG, so they ended their official partnership contracts.
mostly i stopped using GMG because they ended their discount voucher program. you might as well buy directly off Steam if the price is pretty much the same and you retain that option to Steam Refund when you bought it straight from Gaben.
>>
>>376051835
>proof is inevitably posted
>this same post is still made every thread
Can you fucking idiot underages kill yourself. Piracy isn't a fucking secret club, learn how to do it, and stop supporting key reselling chinks.
>>
>>376053149
>proof is inevitably posted

so where is it?
>>
>>376053149
>and stop supporting key reselling chinks
Why?
Fag
>>
>>376053149
Except you provided 0 reason to stop using key resellers.
protip: the fact that at one point someone was selling stolen keys doesn't mean that everyone does and that key resellers ar evil
>>
>>376053140
I seriously doubt G2A is anything but more successful with each year.
>>
>>376052981
probably because g2a is one of the oldest

and they also had a negative reputation with idiots that bought "10 RANDOM KEYS FOR JUST $2.50" packs and they got shit that circulates for free instead of the latest call of duty they were hoping for
>>
>>376051847
Then they can go fuck themselves. Not dealing with bad design
>>
I don't care, I get new games for up to 75% off on day 1 and I've never had any problems with irredeemable keys or something
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.