[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>what vr turned out to be >WAGGLING >check out how you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>what vr turned out to be
>WAGGLING
>check out how you can use motion controls in this game!
>wow motion controls!
>don't you guys love the wiimote? Here's 2 of them!
>go flick knobs and knock things around, FUN FUN FUN
>who cares about terrible analog sticks, just waggle them around!

>what vr should have been
>a monitor attached to your face that acts as a 360x180 degree window into another world, still controlled by regular input methods

How is it that facebook, valve and sony fucked up vr so hard?
>>
>>376041445
>still controlled by regular input methods
That's the shitty part, you just glued the screen to your face which isn't very immersive if I'm still sitting around.
>>
>>376041514
If you want to immersively run around an elaborate and fleshed out 3d simulation world I suggest you go outside.
I'm pretty much fine with how video games control right now, I just wanted a better more immersive monitor personally.
>>
>>376041445
Do you remember when /v/ claimed that VR would make real women obsolete?
I do and I can't stop laughing now.
>>
>>376042673
>implying women aren't obsolete already
https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/25/15421734/artificial-womb-fetus-biobag-uterus-lamb-sheep-birth-premie-preterm-infant
>>
>>376041445
>how is it that facebook, valve and sony fucked up vr so hard?
Take a good look at those companies and you will know exactly why. It's like you answered your own question.
>>
>>376043130
You're right. Microsoft still has it's baseline vr drivers coming for w10 soon, so they're probably going to save this whole trainwreck on a long enough timeline.
>>
comparing vr controls to wiimotes makes me think you havent tried vr or have forgotten how bad wiimotes were.
>>
>>376043310
The problem is the same; it's not a matter of accuracy, it's a matter of inconvenience, counter-intuitiveness, and lack of force feedback.
Until we have holodecks with tangible objects to touch or the ability to highjack someone's central nervous system YOUR idea of vr is a complete fucking waste of time that can only ever lead to indie gimmicks and simulators.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 245x247px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 245x247px
>>376043595
Why is it so hard for people like you to understand that anything, regardless of gaming or not, takes time to develop? That's not even """shilling""" that's just plain fact. Hell, look at the DK1 versus the Vive, that was 3 or 4 years and that was a huge fucking leap in terms of technology. Of course it's not going to be perfect because it's first wave consumer vr.

Dude the flying car used to be just something from a cartoon, but within the next five or ten years it's possible you could see a few in the air. It's not the idea of just a headset and two dildos. It's the idea that you have to start somewhere.

I know this is probably all bait, and I'm just falling for it, but goddamn if it doesn't make me mad sometimes. Let other people dump their money into it, and let it get better and buy it when it's at your dream state.

Or don't, and just whine and bitch about how it's too much money, or it's this or that or other.
>>
>>376041514
>That's the shitty part, you just glued the screen to your face which isn't very immersive if I'm still sitting around.
Immersion isn't binary.

VR is *more* immersive than any other technology we have right now.
>>
We live in a post-Splatton world, anon, it's been proved that motion controls can work.
>>
>>376041445
please dont make fun of the 0.25% of steam users who own a vr headset they dont handle it well.
>>
File: VR DEAD 2017.png (189KB, 515x349px) Image search: [Google]
VR DEAD 2017.png
189KB, 515x349px
>>376041514
That would make people vomit, trust me I tried.
>>
>>376045296

This is /v/, these people are like sharks. Find a flaw and tear everything to pieces. No hope for the future, no appreciation for what's gone right, just clawing desperately at everything that comes into view, hoping to relive the high that was TORtanic.
>>
>>376045296
>Why is it so hard for people like you to understand that anything, regardless of gaming or not, takes time to develop?
Yes, that's why I just wanted a monitor that straps to my face.
You're the fucking idiot demanding full interactive virtual reality before we even made baby steps into the technology.
Waggling is not a step forward, its 3 steps back.
>>
>>376045694
Splatoon is the most casual shooter ever made, which rewards you for missing.
Lets not use it as an objective standpoint for anything, a spray and pray shooter would be a step up in terms of design.
>>
>>376041649

This. The whole point of me upgrading to an ultra-wide screen monitor was for more immersive experience and workspace. I love the extra FOV in all my games and I don't think I could go back to standard widescreen.

Also, I see a lot of potential for the VR in things like video editing, 3d modeling, and Photoshop. Screen real estate is always an issue. The ability to essentially have your work environment be 360 degrees is very appealing. I could look to my left to see a huge screen preview of whatever video I'm editing. Then look to the right to continue reading /v/.
>>
>>376046140
>No hope for the future, no appreciation for what's gone right
This is a thread about vr anon, literally nothing has gone right. Two of the worst companies in the industry got together and ruined it for the sake of their own greed. Zero good games came out for it, and not even a year later everyone has abandoned all hope.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.