[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SE announces an new offline version of ffxi at E3 Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png (47KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png
47KB, 300x163px
>SE announces an new offline version of ffxi at E3

Would you play it /v/?
>>
>>376039762
>*a

Fuck
>>
Someone that is not a complete retard would buy an "offline MMO"?

wtf is this thread
>>
>>376039762
>Offline
The game is basically offline already what with NPC party members. Just remove the sub fee and put more than 5 people on the dev team.

It's still a good game after all these years, and I often buy a sub for a month or two when I'm feeling the itch, but the sub fee for such an old game is just insane. It's trying to charge the same price as FFXIV for the privledge of playing a more dated, if in some cases more enjoyable game.
>>
>>376039910
Of course the mechanics and such things would be revamped retard.

Hell you could take the story, setting, and atmosphere, dump them into ffxii's system and never miss a beat.
>>
>>376039762
>offline
the version running now is pretty much an offline game with people running around and updates

I took a job to 99 in a month
>>
>>376039929
This and with modern technology they could make the towns and areas fill lots empty.

Imagine a ffxi 2.0 with no server or multi platform limitations
>>
>>376039929
The sub fee is to pay the wages of the developers who still work on it. People rarely work for free.
>>
>>376039762
Ye
>>
>>376040167
They could literally cut the price in two thirds and make enough for the devs
>>
>>376040167
arguably if it was cheaper alot of
us would sub even if we dont play just to be able to login when we do feel like playing. More subs probably with a price drop
>>
>>376040167
Many games can transition to a new model of payment. If they were dedicated to making the game good, it would be a needed change eventually. To the average person, why play XI when you can play a game people are actually playing. That's the main reason to play an MMO, the people there with you.
>>
If by offline you mean it's the same shit but without the MMO part, then no. The fun stuff (for me) in FFXI is the end game that requires multiple people. Good luck killing any CL145+ content with 5 retarded trusts.
>>
>>376041580
The FFXI devs are using the few remaining PS2 devkits to keep creating content because FFXI was built as PS2 game. A massive overhaul required to go F2P is out of the question. For example, they were planning to update the menus for the PC version after they dropped console support, but realized they couldn't make it work. The current menu system is probably enough to make the average gaymer quit within 30 minutes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.