[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the hell can I even buy this thing???? does Nintendo not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Where the hell can I even buy this thing????

does Nintendo not want me or anyone else to have one?

Why do the other consoles never have this problem?

IS MY MONEY NOT GOOD ENOUGH
>>
There was plenty of stock last friday

I refuse to believe threads like these aren't made by shills. If you've wanted a Switch, you should have been able to get one by now
>>
The was one at my local Walmart a few weeks ago. I didn't buy it because I don't want another gimmick system. Nintendo fooled me once with the Wii. Never again, I say.
>>
>>376038445
Other consoles sell out at launch too, anon.
http://emgn.com/gaming/sony-ps4-generally-sold-out-at-all-retailers/
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Says-Xbox-One-Sold-Out-Around-World-Doesn-t-Provide-Any-Sales-Numbers-60868.html
>>
>undersupply your console
>it's sold out
no shit
>>
I love living in kurwaland where this is not a problem.
Nobody wants these things here, I bet the one I bought last month was the only one they've sold since launch.
>>
File: 1471109391653.gif (1000KB, 290x198px) Image search: [Google]
1471109391653.gif
1000KB, 290x198px
>>376038534
Well in my area I went to Walmart, Bestbuy and Gamestop. All sold out.

Whens the next shipment?
>>
>>376038920
>pay extra for your consoles to be delivered by plane so more customers can get their hands on them
>under supply
What did this retard mean by this?
>>
>>376039578
That they've shipped less Switches than 3DSs in the same time frame
>b-b-but march
Yeah 3DS launched in March too
>>
>>376038748
>fooled with wii

with what? having an complete awesome library of games?

>>376038534
nah, it´s pretty much sold out everywhere. It´s more like "Nintendo ships to the central warehouse" and the company deals with shipment. Some places get more some not so much. But Nintendo doesn´t say anything regarding this.
>>
>>376039651
>3DS manufacturing cycle is the same as the Switch
rlly make u tink
>>
>>376040057
>nah, it´s pretty much sold out everywhere.
It is right now. I'm saying stores had a shitload of inventory on MK8's launch day. To anyone who didn't manage to get one then, I have serious doubts about what the fuck they've been doing up until now, because it was VERY EASY to get one last friday.
>>
>>376040057
The controls were neat for about 5 minutes. After that, I was pretty underwhelmed with them.
>>
>>376040475
>manufacturing cycle
You have no idea what you're talking about

Nintendo has created a shortage. They've been doing this for over 3 decades
>>
>>376040794
Wut? The artificial scarcity bullshit is new, it started with the whole amiibo hullabaloo.
>>
>>376040794
>Creates fake shortage
>pay extra for your consoles to be delivered by plane

hmm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-shipped-switch-consoles-by-plane-to-quickly-meet-high-demand-1493619178

hmmmmm
>>
File: 1492554310519.png (245KB, 650x373px) Image search: [Google]
1492554310519.png
245KB, 650x373px
>>376040057
the only switches around here on mk8 launch were some shitty $500 bundles
and even those were sold out pretty quick
>>
>>376038445
Why would you want to buy that?
>>
>>376041105
Nintendo has absolutely been intentionally understocking things like amiibo and the NES classic and special editions of games, so I understand why people are very quick to accuse them of doing it with the Switch.
>>
>>376040609
If there were plenty and now there are none, the amount supplied wasn't enough, hence why people are still searching for them (unless you assume that they supplied the exact amount that was demanded).
>>
>>376039651
3DS stopped selling out by week 2, so you can blame scalpers for a good chunk of that.
Since Switch is still selling out, scalpers are not the cause.
>>
>>376041284
I understand that could happen. Anyways, do you have any source on that claim? Or is it bullshit like that other ignorant anon.
>>
>>376041559
I'm not claiming Nintendo understocked Switches, I'm just explaining why it's a reasonable viewpoint based on their recent behavior.
>>
>>376041559
>>376041685
>it's not black friday
>but switch is selling like it's black friday
stuff like this needs some explaining.
>>
File: 1488850809580.png (66KB, 199x224px) Image search: [Google]
1488850809580.png
66KB, 199x224px
I just wanna play MK8D with my friends.
>>
>>376041685
>I'm just explaining why it's a reasonable viewpoint based on their recent behavior.
But its not, that's the point. People who have no idea what they're talking about assume that it indicates understocking when it absolutely doesn't.

You want to talk about their recent behavior? Do none of you remember the literal millions of Wii Us Nintendo had to recall? Do you not remember them saying time and time again they make and ship what they think they'll sell? This is 100% fucking normal, this is not odd behavior indicative of intentional understocking. I also never see anyone claim anything but these few things that are actually popular are intentionally understocked, why isn't Nintendo doing it with everything if its so smart and works so well? Why didn't they just ship 100 copies of Star Fox and claim it was sold out everywhere instead of letting it bomb like it did? Oh, right, because that's not what they're doing, because it makes no sense.

Amiibo were easy to find after the initial shortages, you can find them everywhere now and have been able to for some time. AGAIN, they shipped them in relatively low numbers initially because they were unsure of how they would sell. They didn't want millions of them rotting on shelves if no one wanted them, that costs them and the store money. That's just being conservative and not immediately oversaturating a market you don't know you even have yet. And how can you say they're understocking the NES Mini when its just flat-out discontinued? I'll agree it was dumb to do that, no idea why they did, but you actually have to make the product available to buy for this "intentional understocking" meme to actually make any sort of sense.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.