[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So reactions to this game seem pretty mixed. From what I understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: zelda_twilight_princess.jpg (460KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_twilight_princess.jpg
460KB, 1200x960px
So reactions to this game seem pretty mixed. From what I understand this was a very big game when it came out and was meant to basically remake Ocarina of Time for the then current generation of gamers. Some were amazed, some were disappointed. So, what does /v/ think?

I'm playing it for the first time (the GC version) and I'm enjoying it so far (beat Lakebed), especially the dark/heroic/epic atmosphere and the incredible presentation. I was worried that the dark elements may seem forced, and to be honest, it probably feels that way to a lot of people, especially since it was a response to complaints about Wind Waker's cartooniness. But Twilight Princess even though it looks more serious still has a certain "cartooniness" or charm to it--Link still gets blasted out of cannons, he still holds items above his head, etc. It feels very dark at points, yes, but at the same time, it's more cartoony than Ocarina of Time at other points. I'm loving the story as well. When I think of the game, I usually think of sequences I enjoy than any complaints, and really I can't really remember anything that bugs me about the game. The wolf sections can be slow and tedious, yeah, but I think it's a neat way to introduce you to areas before you actually play them. The dungeons got annoying sometimes but that's only because I'm dumb and couldn't figure out the puzzles immediately. I guess a gripe would be that the Field is pretty empty.

Like I said I just beat Lakebed and got the Master Sword, so does it get worse from here? 'Cause so far, no major complaints (that are easily thought of).
>>
Its OoT: washed out and boring version.
>>
its the best Zelda
>>
>>376034664
The overworld is rather boring and barren, dungeon items like the one you'll get in the next dungeon are only useful for about 5 minutes and then become useless, and the wolf link segments are pure cancer and kill any urge to replay the game.

Still not awful though. Amazing final dungeon+boss, and from the point you're at the game will pick up in quality.

Now get out of here before you get spoiled.
>>
>>376034984
>Now get out of here before you get spoiled.
Who the fuck plays Zelda for the story.

Spoiler: it was Ganon all along!
>>
It was okay. The problem for me was the overworld and the wolf segments. They are in my mind the worst things in a 3D Zelda to date. Fuck the SS hate, at least the mechanics were fun.
In hindsight it's a very solid game with a shitton of content and dungeons.

Heart pieces in dungeons were a mistake too.
>>
>>376034984
Everyone talks about how boring the overworld is, but idk I remember feeling like Hyrule Field gave a great sense of scale. I might feel differently if I replayed it now though, but dunno.
>>
Honestly, the HD version fixes prettt much every major problem I had with the Wii version, and after going back to it before BotW came out I really feel like Twilight Princess was underrated. Yeah, it's a little more back-to-formula after something like Wind Waker's world, but people seemed to always like Zelda games for predictability anyway.

One strong point I don't see brought up about TP often enough is the cast of characters. There's so much life and unique design in even the most insignificant of characters, and just watching the people mill about Castle Town is interesting. It's also one of the few Zelda games where you can sympathize with Link, because you can tell he really cares about the village kids and wants to do everything to save them rather than just follow another generic "save Zelda" plot.
>>
>>376035528
>TP
>underrated
What universe do you live in where any Zelda is underrated.
>>
>>376035139
>Heart pieces in dungeons were a mistake too.
OP here, may I ask why?
>>
>>376035640
First day on /v/? If it's not a 2D or N64 Zelda, it's evidently shit according to this place. TP doesn't get the hate that SS does, but it definitely isn't praised anywhere as highly as Majora's Rehash.
>>
>>376035201
It's absolutely tiny and empty, same with OoT's overworld.
I may be spoiled after BotW though.
>>
I kinda like the wolf parts cause Midna was riding me. It was a pretty repetitive tho.
>>
File: 1467072224201.png (50KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
1467072224201.png
50KB, 200x157px
>>376037075
>cause Midna was riding me
>>
>>376034767
No, that's literally Wind Waker.
>>
File: bats.jpg (43KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
bats.jpg
43KB, 486x409px
>>376037225
>washed out
>>
Most of the side characters failed to make an impression with the notable exception of Agitha.
>>
>>376034664
I liked it, but I only played it once and never went back to revise my opinion. I used to love windwaker too but after playing it again years later I found it to be somewhat medicore, same thing with OoT.
>>
>>376037993
So far I like this better than Wind Waker, though I prefer Wind Waker's overworld
>>
>>376038918
What really annoyed me was the fishing mini game, they went out of their way to give you a fishing rod and there was tons of water in the various temples. But there was no fish anywhere, the only thing you could catch outside of the mini game was the undead fish in the water temple (?) and even those you just threw away.
>>
TP had the best combat just for the hidden skills alone. Just wish the wolf got some wolf version of the sword skills
>>
>>376037559
Agitha a cute
>>
Its the only Zelda besides BOTW I havent replayed and 100%'d.
>>
The best Zelda for sure.
>>
>>376034664
This was my first zelda, back when it came out with the Wii. I had owned an N64 and GameCube, but had never gotten around to buying any Zelda, probably because I was a dumb kid.

I remember the opening of the game to be the weakest part, along with the first few Twilight World portions. Overall, I loved the game - it was epic, beautiful, the soundtrack was amazing, I personally loved the final fight, and the dungeons are all at least pretty good with some of them being amazing.

I went back and played OoT after, but it really is one of those games that I would've had to been there for to fully appreciate.
>>
>>376034984
>dungeon items like the one you'll get in the next dungeon are only useful for about 5 minutes and then become useless
I really wanted to ride the mechanical spinning top to other places, but it's too slow. Then there's the Dominion Rod.
>>
>>376036575
I don't remember well, but I missed a Piece (and I was using a walkthrough lol) and getting back there after leaving was a pain in the ass because many things were changed from the original place so I couldn't just press buttons until it opened, like I did the first time. Very frustrating.
I could have gotten those pieces riding the horse or something.
>>
>>376039472
>fishing
damn shame, the fishing pond also looked overhauled to hell and it wasn't used to its full potential
>>
It's the best 3D Zelda game. The most linear and cinematic entry in the series.
>>
>>376037993
Zelda games don't really hold up to multiple playthroughs, not unless you're a fanboy. You can only solve the dungeons and discover the world once, and the combat isn't strong enough to carry it.
>>
Final bump
>>
>>376044929

>implying you can bump your own thread
>>
>>376045112
It went to page one so apparently I can
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.