[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime and video games often dont work well together, they usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Lookin cool.png (122KB, 263x233px) Image search: [Google]
Lookin cool.png
122KB, 263x233px
Anime and video games often dont work well together, they usually just dont work at all
But what are the best games based on Anime?
And is there a single good anime based off a game?
>>
yeah
>>
>>376017356
I actually hear the Naruto: Ultimate Storm games were really good and the best way to experience the story. Also some of the DBZ Budokai games were pretty good as well.

Anime based off games aren't usually the greatest, but Steins;Gate and the Fate Stay Night animes were really good. If you want anime that use video games as theme/basis, then Overlord and Log Horizon are good choices as well.
>>
>>376017885
Oh yes the Naruto games are actually great, ironically the best way to experience most of Naruto now
Gameplays good, and major cutscenes are amazingly animated

VNs dont count man
>>
The naruto games are alright. Note when I'm talking about good games it's because I have standards. I only consider 2D games actually good. But some 3d games can be fine timewasters (naruto included) it's just nto really something you play for depth but it is entertainment nonetheless.

>>376017885
>FATE
>good
Please. I've read hentai with better plots.
>>
>>376018427
When you say 2D games, is that 2D anime games or 2D games in general?
>>
>>376017356
I forgot to mention, if you want games that feel anime as fuck in there presentation and decent battle systems (for a JRPG at least) then the Tales Of games can fill that niche as well.

Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Berseria are the best 3D ones and probably the best ones to start off with. I would reccomend watching a let's play/reading a plot synopsis of Tales of Zestiria before playing Berseria though, and play Berseria before you watch the Zestiria anime because the Zestiria anime has major Berseria spoilers in it.

I'm pretty sure most 'Tales Of' games have anime adaptations as well, Zestiria is by ufotable and seems pretty decent production value wise.
>>
>>376017885
>>376018138
I'm not trying to be an antagonistic dick, but I must say I found the Ninja Storm games pretty awful. They graphics are good, the animations are stellar and all the attacks look right, but the actual gameplay is so shallow that I'd much rather play Clash of Ninja, which although it's ugly as sin in comparison is actually a surprisingly competent fighting game that me and my friends have sunk dozens of hours into. Sadly it gets overlooked a lot because Ninja Storm is so much prettier.

Regarding Naruto the manga/anime I used to love it until the big Ninja war part and the insane power creep that happened right after Madara vs 5 kages.
>>
>>376017356
I just started playing pirate warriors 3 and it's pretty fun, feels like a good way to catch up on the story too, stopped watching the show after that arc with the lightning dude years ago for some reason
>>
>>376018889
There is NOTHING wrong with saying Clash of Ninja is better
That game is fucking amazing
>>
>>376019028
You should read One Piece, not watch it
>>
>>376017356
Most of the One Piece games are pretty good. I recommend Grand Battle, Unlimited Adventure, Pirate Warriors 3, and Burning Blood.
As for other animes, there's Naruto Ultimate Ninja, Super Dragon Ball Z, and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3

Best game anime (discounting VNs, so no Danganroppa or Persona) is Parappa, followed by Kirby.
>>
>>376017356
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biuenK3k20Q

Orphen was a pretty good rpg. Too bad no one played it
>>
>>376018482
I don't play many anime games. So in general
>>
File: 1490805295051.png (302KB, 469x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490805295051.png
302KB, 469x477px
Where's all the BNHA games?
>>
The Konosuba game was great
But lacking in the fanservince and jokes
>>
>>376017356
that ps1 Hokuto no Ken game is pretty good. and the Initial D arcade games too. the console ports are kinda poopy due to cheating AI but still alright.
>>
>>376019028
>>376019141
This. The Digital Colored Comics are the way to go. I find PW3 actually an insult with their re-enactments of the finisher moves. The anime is so fucking overrated. It looks like trash art-style wise thank good for the manga in color.
>>
>>376018889
Yeah, Ultimate Ninja Storm is NOT a serious fighting game, but it does a great job of creating a spectacle.

And as far as anime based off games go, there's always the classic example of Gungrave. The two games were entirely forgettable PS2 shooters, but the anime is a really good mobster story that ends up getting fucking weird to tie into the game's plot. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>376019905
I think the color is ugly, Oda is a good enough artist without any color shading imo.
>>
>>376017356
The Naruto UNS games are fucking great, especially as a drunk fuck-around game when buddies come over.
>>
So the best way to understand Naruto would be to buy that collection? Will the collection start with the very start of the story or a little later on?
>>
>>376020991
Buy the Legacy Collection. It has Naruto Storm 1-4 it goes from the start from Naruto all the way to the end even past that into the Boruto movie
>>
>>376020065
I respectfully disagree. I think the color brings out the detail better. It's just that the anime has no shading making it look ugly.
>>
>>376017356

Dragonball Z budokai 3
>>
>>376021813
2 was better
>>
>>376021371
Yeah was asking about the collection. Tried reading the manga and even that a bit more padded than it should. Hopefully some gameplay with it will make it better.
>>
>>376021826

Wrong
>>
>>376022071
No U
>>
clash of ninja, ultimate ninja (ps2) and budokai series are my favorites.
>>
>>376022104

No, you are the wrong one
>>
>>376017356
I'd say Valkyria Chronicles counts, either way.
>>
>>376022171
I will end you
>>
>>376021909
It does, especially from Storm 2 onwards, important fights are really well done. And the freeroam in Storm 1 is amazing
>>
>>376022692
>>376022171
Guys, guys. Both 2 and 3 are great.
>>
>>376017885
Am I the only one who prefers Rise of a Ninja over Ultimate Ninja Storm? Really nice open world game.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (361KB, 1280x2209px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
361KB, 1280x2209px
How's this game?
>>
>>376024301
It's a fun musou with Ninja Storm mechanics. I put good 50h into it
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.