[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does X's OST try so hard to appeal to the lowest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139KB, 322x400px
Why does X's OST try so hard to appeal to the lowest common denominator?
>>
It didn't try too hard really, Sawano is just incapable of varying his stuff
>>
>>376016806
I just don't understand why the OST is full of commercial radio station style pop, rap-cum-rock, and overly bombastic orchestral music typical of Hollywood movies. It's all awful compared to the music in past Xeno games. It's a steep drop in sophistication.
>>
File: 7h4cvx8whony.png (156KB, 496x508px) Image search: [Google]
7h4cvx8whony.png
156KB, 496x508px
>>376017161
You sound like a faggot. You do not deserve this game.
>>
>>376016682
I think it's one of the best soundtracks and I'm not wrong.
>>
>>376017340
I like the game; I just don't care about the characters or like the music or story. It's a downgrade compared to past Xeno games.
>>
>>376016682
You should like it then.
>>
>>376016682
>Want to lower the music volume because i can barely hear anything else 90% of the time
>game has no sound options
>>
>>376017370
I guess, if like video game scores that just slap album music over the top of cutscenes instead of actually scoring
the scene or orchestral music that beats you over the head with consistent and repetitive overly bombastic noise. The guys shtick lost its novelty on me within minutes. Like, I get it mate, but your epic drops are sort of getting a bit old and dusty. Where is this guy's imagination?
>>
Who's idea was it to have the one song play whenever you start flight? I'm getting so fucking sick on that one stupid song.
>>
>>376016682
I don't think it deliberately tries to do that, but what I am sure of is that Sawano's style was not suitable for this kind of game. I also don't understand the taste of those who prefer X's OST to the original Xenoblade's, but whatever.
>>
>>376017340
He's right, there are a few good pieces but as a whole it's a vast step down from Xenoblade Chronicles's musicc.
>>
>>376017810
Nothing in X comes close to the sheer magnificence of this piece of music.
https://youtu.be/W7z49VNt3IM
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY
Anyone else like Sylvalum theme?
>>
>>376016682
Why do you try so hard to downplay the best game Takahashi has ever created, and will ever be able to create?
>>
>>376017949
>generic orchestral music
Yawn
>>
>>376016682
It's the shit you hear in every generic action anime.
>>
>>376018245
>mfw first making landfall at sylvalum and a spore cloud is covering the area
>make my way forward completely blind
>find the entrance to the valley, and at the same moment, the spores clear and the music swells
One of my most memorable gaming moments.
>>
>>376016682
>he still thinks x's music is bad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.