[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of the wild thread What is your favourite aspect of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (76KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 1200x675px
Breath of the wild thread

What is your favourite aspect of the game? What's your least favourite? What improvements do you want to see in the next game?

Would you like the next zeldas to follow this formula, or do you prefer the previous formula?

Do you have any hopes for DLC pack 2?

Also, have a poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/12896228/
>>
>>376012472
I like the divine beasts
>>
>>376012472
I just want full length dungeons, cave systems and well developed interior structures. Slap on some memorable music and you've got a GOAT sequel.
>>
>>376012472
The skyboxes and weather transitions, as well as the weather effects themselves are so underrated it's almost criminal. The sky looks great at all times, and the transitions are so smooth
>>
>>376012589
But how are they ever going to top themselves for the next next Zelda if they do that?
>>
>>376012638
This. The transition from clear to thunderstorm is fucking great
>>
>>376012759
Come on, anon. With that logic, you'd almost think they're leaving things out on purpose so they can have stuff to put in the next game.
>>
>>376013627
What if they are?

Think about this: if they make the ultimate Zelda they literally can't top themselves any more. It can't even be some OoT to BotW shit either, as advancements in video games is getting smaller
>>
>>376012565
Me too
>>
Weapon durability is fine, but there should be weapon skills tied to korok seeds or something

Would be cool to go full Dragon's Dogma
>>
File: 36456.jpg (88KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
36456.jpg
88KB, 1200x675px
was it racism?
>>
>>376015124
WE

Also nice outfit
>>
>>376012565
Good concept, shit execution
>>
>>376015824
They executed what they wanted well enough imo

If it had some fire skin on them you guys would be praising them to high heavens. Same for shrines
>>
>>376014930
I like this. Keep the base movesets as they are so people won't hate one weapon, and allow people to focus on the ones they like

But to make this work, durability needs to be 1.5x and maybe have a fallout new vegas repair system. Add blacksmiths as well
>>
File: Lukan Sa'oten.jpg (474KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lukan Sa'oten.jpg
474KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>376016749
>tfw you will never get a gerudo GF
>tfw there are no hostile zoras or gerudos in the game
>>
File: Guard Dorrah.png (898KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Guard Dorrah.png
898KB, 1366x768px
>>376016852

the Zora's are hostile but more with their words

I'd have liked Link to infiltrate Gerudo Town and try to get to Riju without being caught and if he does stopping them before the alarm is raised. Unfortunately, 2 stealth missions in one area would be too much for some people
>>
>>376016646
>new vegas repair system
How the fuck would that work with the large variety of weapons you have?

It might work if the blacksmiths can up the damage of common weapons on low tier enemies, but rarer weapons would break just as fast

I like the idea of skills though
>>
>>376017107
>words
Fuck this, I want to fight those fish people underwater or whatever

When was the last time zora were enemies in zelda? I don't see why they can't be.

Also, why aren't Bokoblins a race? They have clear societal structure, are capable of civilization and have their own habits etc. They might be less advanced than the rest but they are still intelligent. I would love to see a large bokoblin village in a zelda game desu
>>
File: lukan guard.png (348KB, 517x655px) Image search: [Google]
lukan guard.png
348KB, 517x655px
>>376017449

because a proper civilisation with proper settlements not just enemy camps would be hard to slaughter without a care. Look at the Deku once they got development in Majora we never saw them again in a 3d game. The more developed a race is the less likely they are to be enemies
>>
How the fuck do I farm star fragments
>>
>>376018259

Amiibo
>>
>>376017757
>The more developed a race is the less likely they are to be enemies

Just like in real life
>>
>>376015124
Really Nintendo?
>>
>>376018398
Not buying those cunt
>>
>>376019218

join the club but it is the best way
>>
>>376012472

>What is your favourite aspect of the game?

The aesthetic of the world and music. It does a fantastic job of drawing you into the world.

I also love the attention to detail poured into every aspect of the physics system.

>What's your least favourite?

The lack of dungeon/shine variety, and I guess enemy variety to a lesser extent though I understand why the latter is the way it is. It's disappointing that every dungeon/shrine looks and functions exactly the same. I don't mind the idea of walking giants you have to topple from the inside, and shrines work well as a way to let the player freely explore and progress at they're own pace, but they all start to blur together and feel samey in the later parts of the game. You know exactly what to expect, both out of the types of challenges you can expect, what you'll find, and the rewards you'll get.

>What improvements do you want to see in the next game?

I would prefer it if them went back to strongly themed and more unique dungeons, like older Zelda games, in the next game. Make it so that the player will never know what they find next, so that initial sense of wonder stays with the player past the opening hours of the game.

>Would you like the next zeldas to follow this formula, or do you prefer the previous formula?

I'd a more refined combination of both.
>>
Reminder that if you use the champion powers you are a casual.
>>
>>376019449

if you don't beat Ganon fresh off the Plateau you're a casual
>>
>>376019654
You're right though
>>
>>376019654
Is this supposed to be an incorrect statement?
>>
File: 1493983356846.jpg (182KB, 920x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1493983356846.jpg
182KB, 920x1226px
>>376012472
That there already is a thread that actually contributes something and has cool screenshots instead of random pictures of the horrible grey, rainy shit weather standing in a random place.

>>376014939
>>376014939
>>376014939
>>
>down to thirty shrines left
>don't know where to look
>don't want to cave and look at a map
Fuck
Also Diamond Circlet is GOAT aesthetic
>>
File: 1433894022481.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433894022481.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
Imagine if link had this type of movement instead of a pathetic half-jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuIGLWpcD54
>>
>>376020302
That would be fucking boring though
>>
>>376020302
Revali's gale gives more than enough boost to his jumps though
>>
File: Rhondson's explaination.jpg (478KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rhondson's explaination.jpg
478KB, 1280x720px
So Ganondorf wasn't turned on by nothing but the thought of power is it fair to say that he boned all the Gerudo and Nabooru hates him because she's a spurned lover or was unwilling to share
>>
>>376020936
That makes 0 sense. He likely has no time for love
>>
>>376021126

who said anything about love? I'm talking about him partaking of his all female population who want and need to have kids for the propagation of their species

As for time he'd have all the time between him awaking to sexual desire and him initiating his plan and loads of time after it's partial success. I doubt he spent all his time training or anything like that considering while waiting for Link he chose to play an organ to unwind
>>
Why is there no weather changing instrument in this game. It will be perfect
>>
The second DLC better not be trash like the 1st one which feels like shit that should already be in the game.
>>
>>376012472
I got the game today, just started playing. Had to take a break because the joycon batteries were low.

I like it so far. I got Magnesis and have been exploring. So much to take in. I've explored the upper-right part of the map so far. I've wandered into the forest a few times, but I don't want to head in there just yet. I'm heading south to the ruins next.

Magnesis is so much fun, holy shit. I spent a good ten minutes in the Magnesis shrine just whirling stuff around. I've been using boulders to break stuff, bludgeon enemies to death, use as cover to sneak up to enemy camps, I even found an Ancient Core after knocking a dead Guardian over.
>>
>>376021939
epic meme
>>
File: hero shade.jpg (305KB, 1113x1281px) Image search: [Google]
hero shade.jpg
305KB, 1113x1281px
>>376021939

Should've been in the game or a free add on
>korok mask
>journey tracker
>hard mode

Can charge for:
>armours
>helms
>travel medallion

I'd have had all tunics and other custom armours for sale but none of them would give new abilities so they are purely cosmetic DLC. Travel medallion is cosmetic but it's unnecessary due to the number and placement of the Shrines
>>
>>376021126
As a male Gerudo that should probably be his #1 priority though
>>
>>376022906

Royal family is descended from Ganondorf and Nabooru
>>
>>376022384
The phantom armor is the fucking greatest looking armor set though
>>
>>376023314

you'd still be able to buy it. DLC that gives you stuff you can get with stuff freely available in the game is far better
>>
>>376022384
Agreed. How disappointing
>>
Where is the weird glowing horse I keep seeing in screenshots
>>
A more dynamic world instead of just respawning enemies.

I want towns to be raided and under constant threat, not perfect havens where nothing happens.

Guardian tiers like the blue and silver enemies that become increasingly hostile and will chase you down like in the reveal trailer.

Bosses meant to be taken out on horse like the final battle or just larger enemies that you can scale.

More areas like the Dark Forest, the island that takes away your weapons or the Forgotten Temple that feel like small contained dungeons.

Meaningful sidequests. One of the only memorable ones is when the Orb gets stolen at Kakariko and you find out the Yiga clan is behind it with one of your own as a former member. That's cool but out of 70+ side quests, like 5 are memorable.
>>
>>376015824
I've done three divine beasts and only the flyin one was shit, but it had the best boss fight

the elephant was based, the camel was slightly less well designed but had a much better entrance battle, and the bird just sucked dick and was way too easy from beginning to end
>>
>>376025172
>windblight
>best boss
????
????
>>
File: 00000625_11.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00000625_11.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>Hard mode.
>>
>>376020296
are you me? Literally this is the exact point in the game I'm at right now.

I'm so far along that my autism doesn't want me to face Ganon without the classic armor at this point
>>
>>376025313
I think from the description there's a new enemy tier. I hope it has new AI or maybe moves.

I actually quite like the floating chests and enemies. Will make paragliding more fun
>>
>>376025294
compared to the other two forms of Ganon, yeah I'd say so
>>
>>376025756
Have you fought thunderblight. He's easily the best
>>
>>376026364
is he in the gerudo desert? then yeah I fought him. Yeah, for some reason I don't know why I didn't love him. I think his second moveset was too gimmicky for me
>>
>>376024570
Lord of the mountain? Guess where he is
>>
File: 1.png (585KB, 1024x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
585KB, 1024x1415px
>favorite
I love the music and the visuals. The Divine Beasts are also my favorite dungeons in the series. They're not long, but they're very well designed and all the puzzles flow into a cohesive whole, unlike other dungeons which felt like a series of separate rooms.
>least favorite
I'm not a fan of how you can get infinite weapons by the end of the game. I seriously think that this game would be some much better if you couldn't upgrade weapon slots. The tension of running out of weapons is completely lost when you have 20 slots of Royal Broadswords.
>improvements
Changes to health restoration. Eating should happen in real time.
>continue this formula?
Hell yea, this is the best Zelda easily, despite its flaws
>DLC Pack 2
We'll see. I'm sure it'll be good.
Postman Link clothes would be good. I'd also like to see Link's model get edited slightly; the man needs a bigger ass
>>
>>376026931
>I'm sure it'll be good
Oh my naive child
>>
>>376026880
No?
>>
>>376013627
That is a regular game design practice actually, IIRC.
It's supposed to be a check against feature creep.
>>
>>376028292
Legit? Any examples
>>
>>376028098
Lord of the MOUNTAIN
>>
>>376029223
Lord of the Mountain was such a fucking disappointment.

>really good horse
>you can't register it making it completely worthless
>>
>>376028616
I dunno, think I heard it in a GDC or maybe even during software dev class (CompSci major).
Makes sense to me, it takes a lot of organization and time to get something from concept to reality in software. I recall a story about the development of the original system shock, the director put a hard stop to the coding of any additional features to get it through the testing stages and out to stores. One of the programmers disobeyed him and coded real neat parallax scrolling stars for when you look through a window; stars were originally just a baked texture in the window. He got in big trouble for that.
>>
>>376029529
>you can't register deer either
FUCKK
>>
>>376029592
Wow that's certainly something

>>376029926
>can't register my sick skelehorse
REEEEEEEE
>>
I just finished this last weekend.

>favorite aspect
The open world being easily the best I've seen in a game.

>least favorite
The fact that it still falls for the open world meme where it prioritises quantity over quality and a lot of things like combat, dungeons, quests, etc. are pretty shallow.

>what I want to see improved
The durability system. It works perfectly in the earlier stages in the game but just becomes a tedious menu slog when you've got +10 slots and every enemy drops endgame weapons. It might as well not even exist at that point from a strategic point of view and they should've just made the champion weapons you get for doing the divine beasts unbreakable in order to get around it.
>>
>>376030436
This. Switching needs to be easier
>>
Whats the minimum weapon strength you need to take on a lynel comfortably
>>
>>376012472
>improvements
>less open world
>remove durability
>better enemy and weapon variety
>better interior areas with enemies in them
>second weapon slot to quick toggle
>Link doesn't slide ten miles when hit
>no quests needed before you can enter the dungeons
>cut down cooking time or remove it
>hard mode that does something beyond making enemies beefier

>>376017108
>the large variety of weapons you have?
Most of the weapons are identical outside damage and durability, or altered one attack. Which is why the durability system forcing 'variety' is so retarded.
>>
>>376031759
I didn't mean that, if you played FO:NV you'd know how the system will not work in BotW due to the subcategories
>>
>>376031551
Royal swords
>>
>>376031759

I think by variety they didn't want someone getting a tree branch or travellers sword and beating the whole game via attrition

What they should have done is have everything be breakable up until the Master Sword and the Champion's weapons
>>
>>376032557
>they didn't want someone getting a tree branch or travellers sword and beating the whole game via attrition
There is no reason to stop someone from doing this if they want to. Challenge runs should be encouraged, not disabled.

>everything be breakable up until the Master Sword and the Champion's weapons
Certainly should have been some way to make everything unbreakable after a point.
>>
>>376033021

If it were up to me I'd say Master Sword and Champions weapons have stupidly high durability but break and Champions can be reforged much like they are now. What I would change though is adding an additional fairy who can upgrade your weapons but this requires a lot of material and the more powerful the weapons the more rare the materials needed are. Make the Fairy Hard to find and expensive

Champion weapons can be made unbreakable but this would be behind a sidequest for each one
>>
>>376012472
The game is a shit Open World meme.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.