[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most underrated videogame ever made and none of you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (2MB, 800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 800x1013px
This is the most underrated videogame ever made and none of you BASTARDS even knows what it is.
>>
>>376012118
I tried to play the first game, but damn if it was too old for me. The controls were awful.
>>
>>376012245

>can't handle standard survival horror tank controls

Stupid nigger, go back to COD
>>
>>376012289
It wasn't just the movement. The movement was the most acceptable part. It was the interacting with stuff and using items and combat that was just obtuse as hell.
>>
File: What.gif (930KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
What.gif
930KB, 500x400px
>>376012118
>alone in the dark
>obscure
I didn't know people didn't know that game existed.
>>
>>376012572
Sorry to break it to you, but we're living times where 10-12 year olds literally may not know who Super Mario is.

>few years ago
>talking to relative's youngass kid
>he's praising GTA and some racing shit
>mention that in his age, I was still playing old 2D Marios and such
>"Mario...? Oh, that guy. I think I saw it in some Flash game online once, where he had a shotgun!"
>>
>>376013063
Anon, the kid was trying to look "cool."
>>
>>376012118
Bitch I grew up with the original AitDs. Literally invented Survival Horror as a genre and also was one of THE first 3D polygonal games ever made.

I still replay them at times.
>>
>>376014024

How did Illumination make you feel?
>>
>>376013545
no, he really wasn't. He'd never even seen a Nintendo system in his life, and was into BMX and mopeds and shit. A real next-gen Dudebro in training.

Not too surprising that once he got driver's license, he crashed it hard while drunk driving to boot, and is now apparently facing jail.
>>
>>376014107
>driver's license
>10-12 year old
wut
>>
>>376014174
Is it really that hard to practice reading comprehension?

I said "FEW YEARS ago", as in early 2010s.
>>
>>376014094
I actually haven't played it, neither did I play 4 but I did play New Nightmare (which was a decent game with a cool concept, but not very AitD).

I know 4 attempts to salvage the series by making the protag literally the original trilogy guy with timetravel shenanigans but from what I saw, I wasn't impressed.
>>
>>376012118
Contrarian faggot
>>
>>376012118
3 sucked after the first 30 minutes.
>>
File: file.png (921KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
921KB, 900x675px
>>376015108
>>376015116

>samefag
>>
>>376015116
The fuck, man? The first was godlike survival horror and the vibe of Cthulhu was pretty great. 2 went a bit too action-y and a bit over the top but still pretty good and 3 was a great mix of Horror/Classic Americana.

If anything, what the games needed were less conventional enemies and more pass-or-die challenges like the pole-vault in 3. Have the death scene be nightmare fuel, cause that's what you're dealing with in the games.

>Carnby dies while miniaturized inside a wall
>Grows to full size in a tiny unbreakable wall cavity
>This arm pokes out of a mousehole, desperately clawing at the cobblestones.
>>
>>376013063
>Didn't know Mario
>Knows about flash games

Yeah he was lying.
>>
>>376015420
you don't need Nintendo to surf internet mate.
>>
>>376015246
Incorrect
>>376015385
It just wore thin on me very fast. I can appreciate 1 and 2 despite their shortcomings, but 3 was too much.
>>
gosh i wonder who won the trip to tombstone...
>>
>>376015760
But what put you off exactly?. I mean if you can stand AitD2's zombie pirates and voodoo witch, which is kinda hard to stomach at times, how can you not believe Native American magic shit? It's more in line with what the series is supposed to be about.
>>
>>376013063
>we're living times where 10-12 year olds literally may not know who Super Mario is.
No we're fucking not, Mario is more recognizable among chidlren than mickey mouse now. Keep your shit together.
>>
>>376012118

All I remember of this game was more action than 1 and 2 and at some point you become a cougar.

I liked 2 the best.
>>
>>376012118
What about this game?
>>
>>376012118
I played all 3 of the originals. They're very fun but also full of flaws and bullshit. Why do you think 3 is underrated?
>>
>>376015925
It's not that I don't "believe" it, the veneer of the Western theme just wore off faster than the haunted house/gangsters/pirate ship.
>>
>>376012118

I played at the time (I was 10 or 11 I think) and it was really awesome. Much better than anything that later came out for years.

But it had not aged well.
>>
>>376016058
Yes, we fucking are.
Angry Birds and your generic AAA trash has long replaced Mario.
>>
>>376016450
Except they haven't, kids are still in love with pokeyman and everyone knows who mario is. Stop posting dumb things.
>>
>>376016352
ah alright, fair enough then. I guess the setting just doesn't do it for you. I love western stuff myself so I liked it a bit more than 2.
>>
The screams of the dying Nightgaunts in the first game still haunt me.
>>
>>376012118
First one is fun, but it aged like milk.Also, I feel like I'm the only guy that enjoyed the reboot.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.