[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /v/ my old g400 mouse is disconnecting randomly so i think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: g400.jpg (135KB, 1500x942px) Image search: [Google]
g400.jpg
135KB, 1500x942px
hello /v/
my old g400 mouse is disconnecting randomly so i think after 6 years it's time for a new mouse

i was really happy with the g400 but i'm not sure what the official successor for it is. is it the g402 or g403? can you guys recommend me one of those?
>>
http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

This guy seems to like them. I got fuckhuge hands so I am a Deathadder guy but if that thing breaks I'll take a look at the G403
>>
Check the USB cord, it's pretty poorly designed and a common fault with these. All you need is a screwdriver, the cord itself is attached to the mouse with a small internal connector and you can get replacement cords from Ebay.
>>
Personally I'd recommend the G502. Don't get any Razer shit though, they're the Beats headphones (crap quality for insane prices) of gaming shit.
>>
>>376007738
>6 years
2 of mine died less than 1 year, never again.
>>
>>376008215
>tfw your Deathadder 3.5G from 2009 is still perfectly fine

I'll give you their questionable headsets and keyboards tho
>>
>>376007738
the 403 is the successor for a nice no nonsense, minimally riced mouse. but like everything logitech makes its overpriced, like corsair levels of overpriced gouging.
>>
>>376008318
my first died about a year after i got it
2nd is going strong
>>
File: 1478211566021.jpg (17KB, 335x378px) Image search: [Google]
1478211566021.jpg
17KB, 335x378px
wtf the g400 is literally made of unbreakable vibranium alloys. What did you do to it?
>>
>wired mouse

spot the low skill fags who cant accurately scroll up, top left or top right
>>
>>376007738
Using the Steel series Sensi RAW in matt black.

It's perfect.
>>
>>376008509
I'm using the M100 which i bought after the g400 died. Still going strong after so many years, i don't think i'd bothered with "gaming" mouse anymore.
>>
>>376007738
I used to have an FK1. I managed to get a G102, it's much more better in my opinion and much more cheaper too.
>>
>>376008025
This. It's the cord
My G500 was doing the exact same thing after 5 years and frayed wires at the base of the mouse was the issue. just had to get a replacement and it's like new.
>>
Did they stop making the G5/G400/G500 shaped ones now or is there a new one like that?

G402 and G403 look like cringy ""gamer"" shit 2B quite frank.
>>
The MX518 and it's copies were the greatest mouse of all time, you cannot beat that level of durability for the price

My G400 has out lasted all the fancy ass e-sports shit that I've tried out over the years, the only bad thing I can say about it is that it is now overpriced compared to it's original price.

I was looking for the g400 replacement and all I see are gaymer shit, what the fuck happened to logitech
>>
>>376009596
the 403 is about as minimal as it gets for leds and shit. its getting harder and harder to find a regular damn mouse, hard to believe how much leds have taken off, they're in everything now even motherboards have rgb shit on them.
>>
>>376010043
I don't mind small LEDs as a light source. They make for nice atmospheric lighting when used properly in interior decoration.

BUT I DON'T WANT THEM ON MY FUCKING MOUSE.

At least you can just get a closed tower case to hide stupid lights from your parts.
>>
If you want thumb grooves, there's the Roccat Kone Pure Owl Eye that's now released.

If you want another Logitech, it's either the G403 or the G203.
>>
>>376010206
Use the software and either set it to a solid color or turn them off, you dingdong.
>>
File: cm_storm_alcor.jpg (69KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
cm_storm_alcor.jpg
69KB, 800x468px
>>376007738
happy with this desu
>>
>>376010385
Doesn't make the actual mouse look any better, though.
>>
>>376010492
Opinions, but Logitech has been making their new mice more normal-looking instead of the jaggy spaceships of the previous gen. The G Pro / G203 is basically an OEM mouse with a better sensor.
>>
>>376010643
>jaggy spaceships

post them fag
>>
>>376007738
You can fix it by opeing it up and pulling the cord down into the wire. There is a bend that get stressed that needs to be moved for it to work again.
>>
It's the cord. Replaced it with a G400s 3 years ago because of this.

Still going strong.
>>
>>376010643
They look alright again, yes, compared to G403 and whatnot.

I'm hesitant to replace my G400 until it eventually breaks though, seeing as I've been using a similar mouse for a decade now, from G5 to G400. Wish they'd just make a new one again with the same design.
>>
File: rkp.jpg (25KB, 830x490px) Image search: [Google]
rkp.jpg
25KB, 830x490px
>>376007738
G403 is great, but has extremely widespread quality control issues.
I currently use one, but had to RMA with Logitech a couple of times to get one that didn't have an extremely loose lens or scroll wheel.
Even then I had to open it up to completely fix those issues and replace the absolute trash braided cable.

It is also nothing like the shape of the G400.
It is not a successor in any way other than number.

Great mouse, but an absolute pain in the ass to get a 'usable' one.
I've seen 5 personally with these problems and countless other reports online.

The G402 is the closest to the shape of the G400, with the G502 being very close as well.
The G402, however, does not have a 3360 sensor, while the G502 is very heavy.
Actually, the G400 is rather heavy as well, so it might not be a downgrade.

If you're not stuck on Logitech, the Roccat Kone and Kone Pure are the closest you're going to get to a G400 shape.
The new Kones both have 3360 sensors. The EMP is about the same size as the G400 while the Pure is a bit smaller and lighter.

You might have some issues finding stock since they just released.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.