[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to discuss the greatest character driven and ludonarratively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

It's time to discuss the greatest character driven and ludonarratively consistent RPG.
>>
File: 124234254331.jpg (209KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
124234254331.jpg
209KB, 1200x797px
Merrill best girl.
>>
>>376007486
One of my favorite RPG parties aside from BG2.

>>376007765
Shit taste. Bethany is best girl in that shitty game.
>>
File: 1489059065526.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489059065526.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>376007486
>ludonarrative
anyone who uses this word in seriousness should be harrowed and forced to run naked and bleeding through the streets
>>
>>376008136
Ludonarrative consistency is a thing though, and this game is a perfect example for it.
>>
Loghain>Alistair
>>
>>376007486
was kinda poo actually. zeveran not killing you as soon as you went to sleep in camp and losing an amnesic shale to the guy she basically just met for the first time again made me drop it on principle of poor writing alone, regardless of the tedious wow-lite combat that i had suffered through 20 hours of previously

just because characters have funny banter doesn't mean the rest of the game qualifies as well written
>>
>>376008540
Bullshit

His armor sucks, his weapons suck, his skills suck.

He may have been right, but everything else about him sucks shit and Alistar was able to be pruned for the final fight.

Fuck Loghain.
>>
>>376007486
Dragon Age Origins is barely mediocre and deserves no recognition whatsoever.
>>
File: cants.jpg (2MB, 1060x5627px) Image search: [Google]
cants.jpg
2MB, 1060x5627px
Witcher 3 is nothing but consistency since its restricted by the book canon.
>>
>>376007486
The first RPG i fell asleep while playing it. Such a boring piece of shit. Dialogue were corny as fuck and gameplay was too shitty to be considered a game. I dont understand how this thing gets so much praise.
>>
>>376008953
Well, consider the fact that not all of us were raised on red bull and fast food and can focus our attention.
>>
DA2 > DA:O > DA: The Old Republic

Don't debate me because I don't have any reasonable and impartial dialogue to contribute.
>>
>>376007486
Since everyone is yelling how this sucks, (I haven't played it yet so I don't know). What would you people recommend then?
>>
>>376009204
I preferred DA:I to the other two gameplay wise though.
>>
>>376009297
Gameplay is precisely why DAI is trash compared to the other entries, imo. Had neither the lethal and tactical approach of Origins nor the broken CRITS CRITS hack and slash fun of 2. Just an HP sponge MMO slugfest fight after fight, with a distinctly "made for consoles" grime all over it.

One of my least favorite games of all time, as far as combat is concerned. Story was alright.
>>
>>376007486
>Literally asks you for your credit card in-game
>>
DA:O was a huge disappointment
i expected something on the level of baldurs gate 2, or at least KotOR 1, butwhat i got was mediocre at best
trash game from a developer that went to trash long ago
fuck this thread
>>
File: 1493245035229.jpg (32KB, 478x457px) Image search: [Google]
1493245035229.jpg
32KB, 478x457px
>>376008870
>that list
I'm still mad.
>>
>>376007486

But that's not Divinity: Dragon Commander
>>
>>376009972
What, DA:O is about as close to BG as you could ask for without DnD IP. Sightly less magic freedom/brokenness, granted, which was a good part of what made BG good for lots of people. But I feel like other classes were better to make up for it.
>>
>>376007486
>dwarf
nice
>>
>>376010438
I don't get how DDC fits those criteria, but it's a good game for sure.
>>
>>376010690

It's amazing, but really dated
>>
>>376007486
>That giant glowing retard standing in the back, away from everyone
>Everyone pretending hes not right behind them

Never played this game but make me kek
>>
>>376009235
Just play it, as you should know the series just attracts hordes of contrarians and baitposters

>>376009972
I'm not really sure how you could consider it a worse game than KotOR I, except that it isn't Star Wars. They're both about equally good.
>>
>>376009972
Kotor is terribly overrated and DA:O is far better to it in terms of story, villain, roleplaying, characters, being evil and combat.
>>
>>376010886
ME1, DA:O and Kotor are basically the same game: go to these 4 places, retrieve the mcguffin and kill some dude...
>>
>>376007486
>ludonarratively consistent
kys, how is blood sprawling across a map with glowing icons not ludonarrative dissonance? Party lined up in a vague dungeon backdrop instead of a camp.
>>
any time I pirate games like dragon age or mass effect, I'm immediately impressed by how precious little gameplay there is

I realize that it's an rpg, and not advance wars, but this one in particular, dragon age, it's just 'people' in 'primitive world' fighting 'monsters,' its the most generic thing imaginable

I'm not saying your experiences don't exist, or aren't legitimate, but don't you get bored with this? If the setting is doing to be this bone fucking dry, then shouldn't there be some significant plot, so that you actually care what's happening? I mean more than DEMONS INVADING RAR DEATH. And why not make the world interesting too?

Here's the problem: Why is the first hour of dialogue 'world building?' Are you making a game for less intelligent people? Just get right to the fucking point. Trust the intelligent people to figure out the world on their own, and trust the dumb people to not care either way.

I'm concerned that games like this exist. I feel isolated. Not smart enough to be a genius, but not dumb enough to enjoy something this bland.
>>
I keep meaning to go back to it but I know I'll be bored as shit. I finished it twice before but I won't lie, I loved the fairytale ending I got and play no other path.

Goddamn I'm pathetic.
>>
>>376011290
The only fun Kotor companion is HK-47 and he is better in sequel anyway, just like Canderous and T3.
Kotor 1 story and setting rip off movies to the point of being TFA of old canon.
Writing is very bad and cheesy, far worse than in Origins.
Malak is awful villain who is neither interesting, scary, badass or mysterious. His design is pitiful. Loghain is far more interesting, doesn't look like dragged out of capeshit, and you can argue that his actions made sense. Reapers are space cthulhu so they work as intimidating villain. Saren is evil badass who deludes himself that he is doing something good thus he is far more intimidating and interesting.
Combat in Kotor 1 is fucking awful and doesn't work in action based way like in Mass Effect and doesn't work in tactic kind way like in Dragon Age. Camera is always in third person so you can't clearly see battlefield, you can take only two companions with you so there is no way to make any interesting tactic, and choosing skills is some console tier garbage. There is no excuse for it considering that Icewind Dale and Jedi Academy did both combat systems incredibly better earlier.

I am fairly convinced that the only reason people speak kindly about Kotor is because of nostalgia and it being Star Wars. Both Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins are better than it in every way.
>>
>>376007486
What makes this game good?
>>
>>376014250
Companions, origin stories thus role-playing and Dorfs
>>
>>376014250
Magic
>>
File: Alistair.jpg (47KB, 308x434px) Image search: [Google]
Alistair.jpg
47KB, 308x434px
>>376014250
Makes you gay
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.