[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard for other devs to make living world like rockstar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Los_Santos.jpg (72KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Los_Santos.jpg
72KB, 480x270px
Why is it so hard for other devs to make living world like rockstar does

i have come to hate any of ubisoft "Open Worlds" When bethesda tries it always feels stiff and forced Witcher 3 was the only thing that came close to the feeling you get in a rockstar world

They making people hate the turm open world im bored right now i can load up GTA 5 and drive around and have a experience
>>
>using Bitcher 3 as reference
It isn't even Open World, just gigantic hibs filled with trash mobs and junk loot. And even that is worse than in Skyrim or Fallout 4.
>>
>>376003312
>It isn't even Open World
what?
>>
because rockstar perfected the open world and they're just the best at it

they have the technical skills and ungodly budget and manpower to pull it off at a level nobody else can
>>
R* has
talent
budget
experiance
skills

Bethesda still cant even program vehicles or varied NPC movement
>>
File: 1482791121987.jpg (43KB, 478x490px) Image search: [Google]
1482791121987.jpg
43KB, 478x490px
>>376003472
>It isn't even linear, just a series of scripted events with only one accessible pathway
>It isn't even an RTS, just a point an click with mobs and resource management
>It isn't even gay, just a bunch of men enjoying each others cocks and sperm
>>
Its probably pretty easy with an infinite budget and a guarantee that anything you release will be successful
>>
Turns out to make an open world like Rockstar does requires time, money and skill, something 90% of the developers don't have or don't want to invest, and since Ubisoft's open world style works they copy that.
>>
>>376002934

Rockstar has been doing it for almost two decades. Rockstar spends a shit load of time for a single game. GTAV took way longer than most AAA games. Plus they're one of the defining devs of the genre, so they can afford to spend longer on games.
>>
Idk I just wish they would release their fucking games on all platforms simultaneously. Fuck I thought developing between consoles and PC this gen was supposed to be relatively easy.
>>
>>376004415
i had to buy a fucking PS3 to play gta 5 when it came out hated that shit atleaste ii got to play the last of us
>>
>>376002934
>empty af city
>'living' world
only underage kids would enjoy this shitty map
>>
File: 23d3.jpg (101KB, 802x1000px) Image search: [Google]
23d3.jpg
101KB, 802x1000px
>>376006581
what games do you enjoy king sage

> do you like anything or are u a depress neet who hates everything cause you dont know what make you so sad so u just lashout
>>
>>376004589
>The Last Of Us
>play
which one friend
>>
>>376007138
wasnt as bad as the order 1886
>>
>>376002934
cause R* is objectively the best dev.
and they also sell millions without the fake hype 2 years prior to their releases.
>>
>>376006581
dude so edgy lmoa
>>
What exactly is living about a world you can't enter any non-scripted buildings in lmao?
>>
File: 1489201057760.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489201057760.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>376003312
kys
>>
>>376003312
Can't tell if serious or not
>>
They know they're not going to earn GTA money, so the budget is nowhere near as large. Also, talent.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.