[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>went into P5 expecting to like Makoto >brawler fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1493699311567.png (633KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493699311567.png
633KB, 1280x1280px
>went into P5 expecting to like Makoto
>brawler fighting style, short hair, nice ass, motorcycle Persona
>meet her
>they completely ditch her domineering persona and her title of "Queen" makes less sense after her introduction
>find it irksome when the characters say that they wouldn't be where they are without her
>find her deductions rather odd when I first witness them
>it's mostly all baseless, deus ex machina conjecture
She would've been better if she wasn't so outrageously intelligent and got angry a lot.
>>
Mary sue like Aigis and Naoto.
>>
Makoto is obnoxious but then Futaba comes right afterward and if you got a problem with Makoto then Futaba's "hyper intelligence deus ex machina" plot bullshit dwarfs Makoto.
>>
>>376000419
Couldn't have put it better. The group dynamic always falls apart when the mary sue is introduced in persona and sadly P5 added that shit at the mid-point instead of at the end and dragged down the group experience
>>
File: 1493180772979.png (213KB, 656x815px)
1493180772979.png
213KB, 656x815px
>>376000485
They're both equally awful. Ann is the true best girl.
>>
File: 1479698320747.jpg (112KB, 1024x1280px)
1479698320747.jpg
112KB, 1024x1280px
Haru and Ann are the only good female party members.
>>
>>376000485
What did Futaba do that was so "bullshit", again? I'm a little biased since she was my favorite character, so I might be forgetting things in my attachment. It can't be as bad as Makoto's terrible extrapolation.
>>
My problem with Makoto is how they make her the "strategist" even though they were doing perfectly fine before she joined. They came up with a clever way to deal with Madarame and change his cognition, and they were even on track to finding out who Kaneshiro was before Makoto spaghetti'd everywhere and ruined it. Even in Kaneshiro's Palace where she chides them for not having a plan, they end up doing the exact same things they did before. Only it's somehow different now because she's the one talking.

It wasn't like the P4 cast who were just scrapping by each time and had to have Naoto spell everything out for them. The group was pretty competent even before Makoto joined but then they just default to her judgement because "hurr student council president archetype that means she can never be wrong".

And it really didn't help that Futaba joined right after which made her (and pretty much everyone else) obsolete from the investigation standpoint. The only important thing Makoto does is copy the files from Sae's laptop, which again was only possible because of Deus ex Futaba.
>>
>>376000762

She's the answer to pretty much every problem they come across once she joins.

>Hacker group is targeting the Phantom Thieves? lol I was actually the one who started them and now they're just using my name so I can easily take them down
>Need to get files off of Sae's laptop to help with the investigation? Just use this USB stick that can copy an entire HDD in a few minutes!
>Phantom Thieves need to make a flashy comeback? I'll just hack the broadcasting signals of every major network in Japan!
>Akechi is a suspicious piece of shit? Let me just install this super complicated app onto his phone in by tapping on his screen for like 30 seconds!

I like her, but she was more of a walking plot device than anything.
>>
I understand they need to show off the new girl, but makoto dick riding was really thick in the bank dungeon.

I can still like her even if she is a mary sue, makoto has such a nice ass you could make fire just by giving it a nice slap.

A lot of people hated marie dick riding in p4, but most of it was in the anime, in game marie was easy to endure, but by the way things are going you can expect makoto dick riding to be insuferable in the anime.
>>
>>376000675
As remiss as I am to admit this, Makoto is essential to have in your party if you don't want to make the protag. the primary healer or use Morgana.
>>376000886
So what's the issue with Futaba's hacker abilities? It made more sense to me that she'd be so adept at her trade since she spent so many years in her room trying to understand what happened to her mom, as compared to Makoto who is apparently really good at deduction because of her sister she doesn't spend time with and because she reads books.

I completely understand what you mean in regards to Makoto, but I disagree with Futaba. Her hacking program wasn't anywhere as bullshit as when Makoto figured out Futaba's situation without any context as to her background. That's shitty writing, not Futaba being a good hacker.
>>376001110
I don't understand, hacking the broadcast channels seems like pretty basic shit and that was just the writers capitalizing on a popular trope. It was also rad as fuck.

And as for the fourth, I admit that it was rather fast, but we're also not offered much context as to how she installed the app, just that she did it. It's a slip in the writing, and it can fault our understanding, but again, that's hardly egregious.
>>
>>376001497

The problem with Futaba is once she joins, the entire problem-solving issue of the group goes out the window because she does literally everything. Before, the group was proactive in getting information about their targets and stuff. After Futaba joins they just sit back and let her handle everything.

From a story standpoint her super hacking skills are explained, yes. But from a narrative standpoint they're just a free pass to almost every problem the group comes across from that point on. It's actually funny because there's a scene near the end where Futaba says something like "my computer can't do everything!" and I didn't know if it was the writers intentionally being tongue-in-cheek or not.
>>
>>376000886
>"What have you guys been doing up until now?"
>"We've just been beating the shit out of any shadows in our way"
>"That's stupid. I'll be your new strategist"
>proceeds to beat the shit out of all the shadows in our way
>"Wow! You're the best Queen!"
>>
>>376001497
>since she spent so many years in her room trying to understand what happened to her mom

She's not even in high school and you don't raise an eye brow at her being such a notorious hacker that other people pretend to be her? Let's not forget she is severely depressed and plays video games so she's not even under ideal conditions to become a tech wizard. Ask the neet shut in pc gamers here or on /g/ to hack the tvs at time square to show richard stallman eat toe jam at one of his lectures. It ain't happening.
>>
>>376002576
I really hope you aren't insinuating that her life is consumed by playing video games in correlation to her depression. She clearly has a lot of time on her hands and spent it learning and practicing her hacking techniques to see if she could find anything on her mom's research. Her other hobbies served as a general, practical reprieve from her emotional search.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.