[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have I played every Dynasty Warriors game and expansion since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Why have I played every Dynasty Warriors game and expansion since I rented DW2 from Hollywood Video like 20 years ago? I don't even think they've been getting better. They might actually be getting worse since 3. Is Koei putting crack on the cases? Am I retarded?
>>
>20 years of dynasty warriors
>>
I've played every game since the first one.
It must be crack.
>>
>>375997994
Maybe you just like musos that much OP, if you don't like them at all then maybe you got cursed at that HV by some nip magic.
>>
File: 1384139900905.jpg (18KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1384139900905.jpg
18KB, 240x240px
>>375997994
I started with SW1 and now own every english Musou game released aside from the Berserk game and Godseekers which I'm waiting to go down in price first.

Already anticipating the Sanada game and Musou Stars.
>>
File: liu bei fucks ssx.jpg (639KB, 1580x885px) Image search: [Google]
liu bei fucks ssx.jpg
639KB, 1580x885px
>>375997994
>They might actually be getting worse since 3.
>Am I retarded?
Yeah, you are. 7 & 8 may be depending on who you ask, but pretty much everyone agrees 5 blew the other games out of the water.

And again, yes you are for buying every single main installment. You get the main + XL every two or three installments. It's the Empires game that you update each go as they're almost always a step up from the previous one.

My only real beef with 8 compared to 7 is that they really dumbed down Chaos mode and that sometimes your child can come out as. Yeah.
>>
They're harmless fun and I see them as filler games while waiting for bigger releases to come out. Kind of like MMOs.
>>
>>375997994
>perfect story
>deep historical background
>fun gameplay, different in each game
>almost no anime slutty sluts like in samurai

also dw7 > dw8 > dw4 > dw 5 > dw3 > dw6
>>
>>375997994
i played most games on the serise. got over a 100 hours on DW5, SW2, OROCHI 2 and DW8.

maybe im just fucked in the head.
>>
So, any news about 9?
I hear they want to make open-world and i can't combine that with strong story.
>>
>>375998891
Oh yeah, I forgot about 5. 5 was definitely the best. 7 was bad because it lacked a character-specific story mode. 8 was good, but not as good as 5.
>>
File: 1384743244231.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1384743244231.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>375999047
>almost no anime slutty sluts like in samurai

You're going blind if you didn't notice they are making the girls wear less clothing in each game starting with DW6. Lianshi has bigger breasts than anybody in the SW series, and Diaochan is getting to the point she might as well just wear ribbons as her outfit (not that I would mind that).
>>
File: 1492967311991.jpg (57KB, 680x558px) Image search: [Google]
1492967311991.jpg
57KB, 680x558px
dw9 news soon
>>
>>375999343
Isn't Cai Wenji literally the only girl they've kept modest at this point?
>>
>>375997994
>They might actually be getting worse since 3.

Strongly disagree. I only played the PS2 games but I thought it went like this for me.

5 > 4 > 3 > 2

I played Xtreme Legends for 5 on emulator but besides that I never got around to playing the expansions. The music is top tier for all of them and I have favorites for each of the games.

I actually want to play one of the newer ones but not sure where to start and some of the videos I've seen it looks like they made you way too powerful regardless of who you use.
>>
>>375998891
What? People liked 5? 5 killed my interest in Dynasty Warriors back when it came out. Granted, DW4 was one of my most played PS2 games and I probably set the bar too high as a result, but I just fucking hated it.
>>
>>375999814
The only thing that 4 really had going for it over 5 was the crazy amount of alternate story modes. Other than that, 5 played a lot better. Removing the god damn auto-target that 4 had was a small but major step in the right direction.
>>
DW5 was my first dynasty warriors game. I went back and played the earlier titles but the combat was janky compared to 5.

The reaction to 6 irritated me. It was awful but at least it tried to deepen the gameplay in some ways. All of the Ex attacks and cinematic crap in the recent DW games is cancer.
>>
>>375997994

The general combat has been improving, along with other little adds. But the map design has gotten more and more dumbed down and shit, and the way you play the stages has changed a lot as a result. So there's a mixed bag of better and worse.

There's a lot of "little" touches in the newer ones that are great, and I'm somewhat happy where bases are now, but I want pressure and hard choices back. Nowadays you don't even have to yawn to keep allies alive and moving forwards.
>>
COW COW
>>
>>376000592
>I want pressure and hard choices back. Nowadays you don't even have to yawn to keep allies alive and moving forwards.
I agree and disagree. I liked the idea that you needed to be active for things to go well, but the utter incompetence of your officers in the earlier games were so blaring you may as well have not even had them.

I love that in Empires with the right set up, your officers can win an entire battle while you just sit back in base. And not win until "oh we need you to come strike the final blow", but actually end the battle themselves.
>>
>>375997994
I miss SW2

they need to stop trying to fit as many pawns on screen as possible and start making them a threat/relevant again
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.