[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Souls games would be better without forced PvP, which adds nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1386316179665.gif (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1386316179665.gif
48KB, 480x270px
Souls games would be better without forced PvP, which adds nothing to the experience aside from occasionally forcing you to deal with hackers.
Prove me wrong, you can't.
>>
>>375992020
OP here, just realized how much of a faggot I am. Sage my thread.
>>
File: 1387188654486.gif (218KB, 242x204px) Image search: [Google]
1387188654486.gif
218KB, 242x204px
>>375992162
>I can't come up with a reasonable excuse for forced PvP in a game where the PvP is kind of shit in the first place.
>>
>>375992162
Was going to say.The whole souls experience is heavily influenced by online play. The whole experience is to make you feel collective, and not alone. You don't really give up because there are others like you with a common goal. It's why summoning and invasions keep the game interesting. Breathes life.
>>
>>375992020
Souls games would be better with a boss rush mode.
>>
File: 1380581549278.gif (95KB, 400x452px) Image search: [Google]
1380581549278.gif
95KB, 400x452px
>>375992332
Never said there was anything wrong with summoning.
And hey, maybe invasion would be fine if it wasn't primarily used by spics with shit connections, trolls, hackers, and occasionally the ebin youtuber who's looking to create a compilation video, but it is.

>>375992465
Sure, that would be neat. I can't think of a natural way to integrate it into the game though.
>>
I've never played Dark Souls. How is it "forced pvp?" Can you not play without an internet connection?
>>
>>375992540
>pick Boss Rush option
>Pick profile
There you go.
>>
It's not corced.

Don't go human in Dark Souls and you won't have any PvP.
>>
>>375992663
>Implying that stops invasions in II.
>>
If it didn't have PVP it would have lost most of its fanbase.
The minority is the one who enjoys the PvE shit only
>>
>>375992540

>Natural way

OI YOU FOUKIN WANKA YOU'RE IN A DREAM
>>
>>375992732
>Implying the Red Soapstone couldn't give players the option to PvP anywhere while not shoving PvP elements into everyone's faces.
I mean, yeah, you can have an area that has invasions, like the bell tower in II, but keep it to one area.

>>375992809
kek
>>
>>375992020
Souls AI and encounters are too easy to cheese, invasions were supposed to be so you couldn't relax but they ended up being only useful for intentional PvP. DS2 was the only one that did it right.
>>
>>375993016
>Souls AI and encounters are too easy to cheese, invasions were supposed to be so you couldn't relax
Nah, fuck that shit. That's like having a feature in a Mario game that electrocutes you if you've gone a while without dying. You're being punished for no real reason.
>>
>>375992608
if your character is in human form you can be invaded randomly by other players. you have to either kill them or die to get them out of your world.
>>
>>375992608
Sure, but Dark Souls is carried by its online functionality. Dark Souls with no online is just a mediocre rpg.
>>
>>375993193
Doesn't answer my question in any form
>>
>>375992020
i found it really fun on my first play-through, when you have only made one character it's cool to see other builds and fight them, the very first dude i fought i had a bunch of black firebombs which i was trying to throw over the fog gate for capra demon, so i just chucked them at the guy and he lost like 80% health and started to run away so i killed him with throwing knives. good times.
>>
>>375992020
I just played the whole thing hollow. I didn't know what turning into human did, in DeS you had more health but in DaS it looked pointless.
>>
>>375993357
Looking at your hot human body is a reason enough to stay human.
>>
I wish throwing weapons were a viable fighting style and that archery was good for PvP as a main weapon.
>>
>>375993461
And I wish that you could do a run with just miracles, but we can't all get our way.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.