[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the Souls games, which do you think is legitimately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 405
Thread images: 41

File: th40vhY.jpg (373KB, 1686x822px) Image search: [Google]
th40vhY.jpg
373KB, 1686x822px
Out of all the Souls games, which do you think is legitimately the most unfair in terms of difficulty?
>>
>>375990442
Haven't played DaS2 or DaS3 (yet) but I would say Bloodborne.

>every damn enemy takes off half your health in one hit (unless you pump all of your levels into vitality and ignore everything else)
>lots of enemies appear in groups and can stunlock you to death
>the enemies are a lot less telegraphed and a lot more spazzy (I guess it's supposed to be okay because you can regain your health back by quickly attacking and you can carry a shitton of blood vials?)
>have to farm blood vials (why they wanted to copy grass farming and not the infinitely superior estus system is beyond me)
>enemies can turn on a dime and often have retarded hitboxes (even if you're behind them and they're attacking their front you'll somehow get hit)
>a lot more annoying projectile enemies everywhere
>the bell sluts respawn (whereas necromancers stayed dead)
>garbage framerate, especially heinous because the game expects you to have good reflexes
>chalice dungeons are just shit and most of the chalice bosses were poorly thought out
>hunters are terrible enemies with infinite stamina/bullets and inflated health, the trio in Unseen Village are especially bullshit and basically require you to cheese them
>that's just off the top of my head

inb4 10 variations of "git gud", I like the game but from a mechanical and difficulty perspective I vastly prefer DeS and DaS. This series was built to be slow and methodical, BB tries to be "fast" but is not well-suited for it.
>>
None.
All Souls based games can be easily trivialized by farming, they are only as difficult as you want them to be.This is why the
>muh lifegems muh trivial healing
doesn't make any sense since there are 6 ways from Sunday to trivialize difficulty/healing, including using the souls you're farming for those 99 lifegems to just fucking overlevel. It's like you can run DS1 with 20 estus and extra humanity OR you can not be a little bitch, whatever tailors the game to your needs.

If we're speaking about artificial difficulty, DS2 has some gross fucking hitboxes. DS3's camera also goes full retard if you stand under the wyverns. Also, they've never figured out a way to properly show getting grabbed in your roll, you just get vacuumed up.
That's pretty much all I can think of.
>>
>>375992118
DS2 has some riduculous overuse of enemy ganks, to be honest.

The hitboxes are fucking disgusting, and enemy shields almost never stagger while your shield will get stun-locked within 2 seconds.
>>
>>375991286
If your sole definition of "unfair" is it being nearly impossible to avoid some damage, then bloodborne is probably up there, since it's entire healing system was designed with the idea that taking some damage is a normal part of fighting more than a fuckup on your part.
>>
File: Goku turns Super Saiyan 3.gif (2MB, 470x360px) Image search: [Google]
Goku turns Super Saiyan 3.gif
2MB, 470x360px
>>375992532
DS2 SOTFS made is much worse, an example would be that there's now white knights in Heide's tower of Flame area, and once you beat the are boss, they all agro.

The rolling has to be absolutely precise and you can't roll to the ass end of an attack or you get hit, one way I found to fix this would be to level up your ADP and then you get more I-frames during your roll, it's annoying but that's not a huge deal.

Some bosses have now become normal enemies like the Ruin Sentinels, the dragonrider, and the flexile sentry, and it seems like they just saw a spot in the game that doesn't have an enemy and added like 30 exploding niggas for the fuck of it.
>>
>>375990442
none
>>
>>375994108
The Shrine of Amana is so fucking cheap with its enemy placements, too.
>>
>>375994108
>white knights in Heide's tower of Flame
God I fucking hate those niggers. So much poise that they can't even be staggered with a greatsword R1, and they have an attack that comes out fucking instantly. The one with a spear is even worse than the normal ones.

And their armor looks so good that I'm always tempted to farm them
>>
File: 1477436638705.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477436638705.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
No controversy
>>
Dark souls 2 griefed me the most. Especially with the horse cock snow dlc

I like to think of dark souls 2 as the megaman x6 of the series. Fun but bullshit at times
>>
File: Duck.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Duck.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>375992532
>The hitboxes are fucking disgusting
>>
>>375994319
Holy shit, that's fucking abysmal.
>>
>>375994263
Lightning bow
>>375994108
This i can agree
>>
>>375991286
Yet it's still the easiest of all 5 games.
>>
>>375990442
I'd say DaS1 with its stupid thin ledges where one mistake kills you immediately.
>>
File: 1477604388163.jpg (88KB, 794x782px) Image search: [Google]
1477604388163.jpg
88KB, 794x782px
>>375990442
none of them are unfair, dark souls II is broken and maybe that sinh fight is unfair with the AOE attack but that's about it. DSII was trash not because it was too hard but because it was slow, clunky and had shit game design

the rest are great games and BB and DSI are masterpieces
>>
>>375994690
There's nothing wrong with having slow combat.
>>
>>375994564
whats wrong anon don't like slip n slides
git gud
>>
yeah it's definitely DaS2.

>terrible hitboxes
>enemy hordes
>enemy tracking
>Shrine of Amana
>Frigid Outskirts
>lol2cat

>>375991286

BB is fair as fuck with the sole exception of Chalice Dungeons and MAYBE the Bloody Crow.

From most fair to least fair:
Demon's Souls
Bloodborne
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>375994730
sure if you're playing a stealth game maybe. Souls is designed to be fast paced and taking 5 seconds to chug an estus is beyond retarded.
>>
>>375994730
DaS1 works pretty
>>
>>375991286
I found it to be easier than DaS or Demons (DaSIII is a cakewalk), but that's probably because I like to play games aggressively
>>
File: it doesnt make sense.jpg (29KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
it doesnt make sense.jpg
29KB, 663x579px
>>375994690
>Get to Scholar of First Sin
>no magic or faith, pure strength and dex
>Get one or two hits until his AOE fire shoots up
>long drawn out fight
>get summoned
>host has like 6 gorillion lightning spears
>I did like 200 dmg the whole fight

feel cheated
>>
>>375990442
It has to be DaS2. Think about how fucking absurd Forest of Giants is with its absolute bullshit enemy ambushes and crap like the Pursuer showing up out of the blue, and that's the first area in the game. Everything on the first playthrough was cheap nonsense, like burning the windmill.
>>
>>375990442
None. They are games that made a generation of idiots used to 360noscoping and running in guns blazing slow the fuck down and pay attention. That's all. The controls can fight you in spots but the closest they get to unfair is in 2 where the game throws multiple bosses at once. Any one on one fight is completely doable if you learn the game. Even the parts with 2 or 3 bosses in a room can be done it just takes patience.

I know because I beat them all never summoning until NG+. I thought that was how everyone did it until I started reading threads.
>>
>>375994690
I think Midir is harder than Sihn. I still haven't beaten him and his retarded combos+flying fire attack but that might also be me being on NG+++.
>>
>>375995136

nigga i beat every single boss in the series solo with a melee build in NG+ if you wanna play that fucking card. recognizing poor difficulty design doesn't mean you can't get past it
>>
None. You actually have to get good, only then can they be occasionally challenging, but never unfair. Except for the "platforming", those parts are bs
>>
Either

Dark Souls 2, for having way too many mob groups of enemies

or

Bloodborne, for Nighmare of Mensis enemies taking way too much health and DLC bosses having way too much health.
>>
>>375991286
don't forget that other hunters do insanely more damage than you can ever do to them. it's as if you're a twig getting thrown at a redwood. it made sense in dark souls because you're just some random undead, but in BB they're literally the same type of being as you and probably with less upgraded weapons since they don't have access to the dream. it's fucked. also one shot amygdala laser section made me quit the game too many times
>>
>>375994801
>Revised Edition
From most fair to least fair:
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls

Nioh, Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 2 SoFS
>>
File: 1484269137751.jpg (11KB, 173x215px) Image search: [Google]
1484269137751.jpg
11KB, 173x215px
>>375995202
depends on the build you got. If you can get your hands on a black knight shield that would help. Whatever you do, don't summon anon. Stay stronk
>>
>>375995202
It's not. I beat him on NG+++ with a friend, sure it took us about 10 or so tries to learn the timing and his moveset, but once we had it down once we've 1-shotted him on both mine and his world on subsequent play throughs.

Midir is literally nothing but the basics of a Souls game. If you can't beat him, you just need to Git Gud
>>
I think the real question is when will From stop putting in areas where merely existing will get you poisoned. I hate those areas so much, they're incredibly annoying.

Remember that one place in DS2? Forgot the name, but its a cave that glows green? Filled with shit that spits poison at you,insta kill hand monsters and giant fuck you worms. Thank god that area is so short.
>>
>>375994801
>BB is fair as fuck

Ehh I wouldn't go that far. There's 1 or two bosses outside of chalice dungeons that can be bullshit just cuz of RNG issues.
>>
>>375995340
Nioh's not unfair at all. In fact it's far more fair than any of the soulsborne. It's just fucking boring because of how safe you have to play it.
>>
>>375995326
Bloodborne has its unfair moments but those aren't them.

Managing frenzy while trying to weave through a maze of warbled stones and trying to avoid enemies that are guaranteed death if they get close enough to grab you is unfuckingfair.

Lawrence is unfair.

Placing an enemy with projectile binding attacks and also grabbing attacks in a narrow hallway is pure bullshit.
>>
>>375994319
>>375994425
that area was made to be played coop. you can beat it solo, but it will be suffering
>>
>>375995580
Crow of Cainhurst.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>375990442
none
git out
>>
>>375995089
>crap like the Pursuer showing up out of the blue
I actually liked that. Showing off the boss before you fight it in it's arena is a cool thing the games don't often do. DS1 did it twice, one with Kalameet and once with Seath "hope you brought a ring of sacrifice" the Scaleless. DS3 only has Midir. 2 had pursuer, NG+ freja, lolgargoylegank, and Sihn. It gives you a nice bit of foreboding/anticipation.
>>
>>375995340
>DS2 most unfair
someone didn't put points into the stat to become invincible when rolling
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (102KB, 883x691px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
102KB, 883x691px
>>375995136
I never summoned either and I don't mind 3v1 boss fights or even 3v1, but when every boss is a 2v1 or a 3v1 that's over the line. One bullshit example is the royal rat authority, fighting the boss is hard enough without worrying about killing all the rats, getting stunlocked and killed by the boss, getting toxic, taking time to kill the damn rats cure your toxic and all without getting stunlocked and killed. Nigga it was just frustrating
>>
>>375995580
The frenzy one I found manageable because I had a ton of sedatives on hand, plus I immediately burn all insight I get because fuck frenzy.

Brain suckers are total bullshit, but their grab never kills unless you're low and they remove insight which I always try to get rid of anyway
>>
>>375995651
A pain in the ass, but you could at least learn him. The brainsuckers in the upper cathedral ward require you to get lucky.
>>
>>375994318

Heide Knight armor is legitimately the best looking armor in the entire series.

I'm still triggered it's not in 3.
>>
>>375995634
>that area was made to be played coop.
This is the whole game
>>
>>375995202
get dragon crest shield and block his fire attacks while dodging his swipes while staying close to his head so when hes done attacking you can whack him a couple times. also only stay in front of him and attack his head or he will tail swing you and its a bitch to dodge. ez
>>
>>375990442
I donno I'm re-playing DS3 and i just finished the farron swamp. That level almost made me stop playing. It wasn't even hard, just tedious. It made me realize that these games are getting to the point where any level that isn't some sort of fucking castle is the worst level.
>>
>>375995783
thank you for sharing your shit opinion.
>>
>>375995723
>their grab never kills unless you're low
That's the thing, you're GOING to get grabbed more than once if you don't slip passed them or catch them in a flinch lock - which is still tough because they have a fuckton of health and you're probably gonna run out of stamina first.
>>
>>375992532
DS2 probably has the most accurate hitboxes in the series.
>>
>>375995704
he's just trying to look cool to his fellow neets. don't pay him any mind
>>
>>375995704
You could just get a bow and kill the rats from afar, you know. Honestly its not the boss that's the problem, its the fucking rats. They do way too much damage and build up toxic way too fast, they're MORE of a threat than the boss. I swear, the big rat is actually a distraction and the smaller ones are the actual boss.
>>
>>375995202
pestilent
mercury
dont thank me
>>
>>375990442
none

stop sucking at video games
>>
>>375995841
Ah, I'm doing an arcane/strength build so they just melt under a tonitrus. But yeah, they're pretty terrible regardless.
>>
>>375996002
lol why discuss what you thought were gameplay flaws on a video game board just GIT GUD FAGGOT
>>
>>375990442
Dark souls 2
>>
File: 3733.jpg (86KB, 450x953px) Image search: [Google]
3733.jpg
86KB, 450x953px
>>375995778
no
>>
I dislike how DS3 likes ambushes so much

>Cathedral of the Deep
>Those slave/thieves keep trying to attack you from behind
>Catacombs of Carthus
>Fucking slimes constantly dropping off the ceiling, having to check if skeletons spawned/actually died
>Skeleton ball
>>
>>375996072
Because people like you are just assblasted that they arent winnin' son like they do in FPS
>>
>>375996090
>tfw your computer is less powerful than a toaster
>>
>>375996158
I also hate the fact that there are more mimic chests than actual chests. Kinda ruins the point.
>>
>>375995816
The early game of DS3 is the worst part of it, for me at least. I think it's a combination of getting tired of all the fucking swamps they even put one in a GODDAMN CATHEDRAL WHY and Abyss Watchers being the first halfway decent fight in the game, and on top of that you're generally not going to find any really decent items for your build during that time. If I'm trying to do some stupid build and I can get to Irithyll without getting sick of it then I'm generally good for the rest of the game.
>>
>>375996265
That's true. Mimics should be "Oh no, they got me!" rather than "Urgh, THIS fucker again" They became so common that they stopped being a surprise. You think that would make me appreciate real chests more, but it didn't.
>>
>>375990442
None of them, I could best all those games in my sleep they're so easy. The only thing unfair about the games is how overpowered dodging and i frames are, its unfair to your enemies.
>>
>>375995409
like who?
>>
>>375996213
Poor Souls
>>
Bloodborne, easily.

>Enemy attacks are basically nothing but autotracking horseshit, violent flailing so you can't actually tell what the fuck they are doing, near instant start up, or a combination of the three
>Enemies deal massive damage, but to compensate the game gives you Blood Vials like they're going out of style

I honestly cannot think of any enemy in Bloodborne that wasn't just a fucking headache, that summed up the entire game for me honestly, just one big fucking headache I slogged through. I'm not even looking forward to Bloodborne II if it happens, it's just going to be more of the same autotracking dogshit game design. Loved the bosses, but the normal enemy design is some amateur hour bullshit. "huurr durr guys how about we just put autotracking on everything because prepare 2 die duurr"
>>
File: 3f2.jpg (33KB, 341x354px) Image search: [Google]
3f2.jpg
33KB, 341x354px
>>375996184
>thinks wanting to criticize design elements is the same as being incapable of surpassing those designs
Most of my design complaints are shit that made the games more easy than they needed to be. I know newfags don't remember early how hilariously out of scale Demon's Souls weapon scaling was but goddamn that's a good example of making the game too easy.
>>375996265
>>375996403
And this. The FIRST fucking chest you can reach in Dark Soul 3 is a mimic. That says it all.
>>
>>375996482
Bloodstaved beast can chimp out on you randomly and there's no way to avoid damage.
>>
>>375996607
>>
>>375996607
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
>>
>>375990442
DS2. Only because bullshit enemy placement and fucking retarded ADP stat. If anyone has ever tried a SL1 run in DS2 you will know the kind of hell those unaccurate lingering hitboxes create. The game is incredibly frustrating to play when everything oneshots you and 1/2 of the attacks are not even feasible to consistently roll through. Only souls game i gave up SL1 in.
>>
>>375990442
BB is unfair because DS2 is unfair
>>
>>375996504
I wonder how the design process for enemies in Bloodborne went, like did they decide on the ridiculously strong parry as a result of the enormous damage and 10 hit flail combos or did they make the parry and all that health regen on attack shit first and then try to compensate for the character being so strong.

Bloodborne is definitely way easier overall but when you do die its DSP tier " wow instant death" type shit
>>
>>375990442
They are all unfair because of memeweight
>>
>>375996698
Yeah no.

>>375996772
That guy is also extremely overleveld and he wifs despite having most of the fight memorized. If we are talking about first playthrough that's not really a good argument for that boss being easy.
>>
Bloodborne is the most unfair because the bosses die if you cough on them twice and call them a rude name.
Poor beasts and kin didn't stand a chance.
>>
>>375997063
It has an easily exploitable weakness that anyone of any skill level or build can take advantage of.

Using that same tactic, I beat BSB's chalice dungeon version with a level 4 character. Never even needed to heal. It's retard-proof.
>>
>>375996919
>SL1 run in DS2
I still wanna give that a go, but on my first try I got memed so hard that I gave up
>get to lost bastille with trusty hand-axe no problem
>run to macduff to get those sweet titanite shards
>uncle fester comes running in after me and destroys every single chest before I can do anything about it

I know that all I have to do is rest at a bonfire to make sure that shit doesn't happen, but it felt like someone from on high was telling me to just give up while I was ahead.
>>
>>375997293
It's all about the mace, son. SO MANY enemies in that game are vulnerable to strike damage. Level that shit to +10 and you'll be golden for damage. Your only real concern will be your lack of ADP, which will make dodging... more than a little difficult.
>>
>>375997063
>he's overleveled!
No he just has a fucking clue. Beasts are weak to fire, he pops a Beast pill to up his damage, doesn't run and doge around like a spaz, and punishes BSB's giant periods of vulnerability with charged attacks for big damage.
>but it's not his first playthrough
So you want the series to be full of bosses that are easy on your first time?
>>
>>375996607

But...there is? Dash to his right side when he does that wipe swipe charge with his arm. Do this, and the ONLY way you ever take damage during that fight is from the poison in the later phases.

BSB is seriously overrated in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>375997215
>Using that same tactic
>I beat BSB's chalice dungeon version with a level 4 character.

That's cool anon you beat a boss that has two 360 AOEs and one 270 that's not even telegraphed, all by moving to the left. Your skills are magical.
>>
File: 1490486975407m.jpg (92KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
1490486975407m.jpg
92KB, 1024x672px
I haven't played the others but definitely not Bloodborne.

> 24 vials at any point giving you 12 extra lives

> dodging makes you basically invincible

> summon 2x people at any stage to do anything remotely difficult

> spectres and notes to show and tell you what to do every step of the way

> auto aims attack for you when locked on, making accuracy a pointless commodity

> replenishing health when you attack

> items that can cheese bosses with no difficulty

> if all else fails just run past every single enemy with no issues

I went in blind and platinumed it in 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.
>>
>>375990442
Bloodborne. That fucking hunter who beat the shit out of Eyleen. The only way to defeat him is git gud, every other encounter in souls games was passable through other means.
>>
>>375997526

At some point, you're gonna have to stop reposting the shit out of this and come up with something new.
>>
Haven't played 3 or Bloodborne, but I would say 2. It's not so bad that I would call it straight up unfair, more than any game before it I think 2 has a noticeably higher amount of enemies jumping you in groups or trying to get you from behind or above.
>>
>>375997478
>just ignore the most bullshit phases of the fight

Really?

>>375997434
>So you want the series to be full of bosses that are easy on your first time?

Not really. We were talking about fairness/bullshit. Someone said BB is the most fair and it really isn't. The only outright bullshit boss in DaS1 is really O+S while a lot of BB bosses teeter on bullshit.
>>
>DS2 is fair
If you do not agree with your opinion will be abandoned
>>
>>375990442
The only part of any Souls game that is actually, legitimately "unfair" is Frigid Outskirts.
>>
File: 1493165296098.png (503KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1493165296098.png
503KB, 604x437px
>Most unfair in terms of difficulty.
Gonna say dark souls 3.

Yes, you can just abuse rolling or whatever, but some bosses are straight up bullshit.
>Gael and Twin Princes teleport
>Dancer has the most broken hitboxes in this game, can attack you from across the fucking room, and has 3 god damn aoe's
>Dragonslayer armor can fuck you up without effort, and the second phase has projectiles being shat out at you from all directions
>Demon Prince is on of the more bullshit fights overall. A 2v1 fight has a 2nd phase where they combine to fuck your shit up
>Spears of the church and soul of cinder are straight up bullshit with all the weapon swapping and parrying
>>
>>375997765
No one is saying the game is hard /10 days poster/ they are saying it's unfair. There is a difference.
>>
>>375997618
The actual content of what I've posted is perfectly legitimate and undeniable.
>>
>>375997729
Yes really. When you realize a lot of that fight is trivialized by just dashing to his right side.....you just stop having trouble on that fight. git gud
>>
>>375997962
>here's a solution to a part of the fight no one struggles with
>git gud

Thanks anon.
>>
>>375997897
What's the difference? What people are saying is unfair is accompanied with claims of apparent difficulty.

Bloodborne was easy throughout, I went in blind and managed to platinum it in 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.
>>
>Spears of the church boss fight
>enemy player gets summoned
>they're laggy as shit
>I die in 30 seconds
gg fromsoft
>>
File: 1487707387089.jpg (127KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
1487707387089.jpg
127KB, 570x380px
I thought Bloodborne was fair until I started doing the chalice dungeons.
>>
>>375998047
Fairness is not about difficulty, it's about whether or not you are punished for doing everything perfectly or near perfectly. Bloodborne is easy but it is at times unfair. I'd still say DaS2 is the most unfair.
>>
File: Matt-Hughes.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Matt-Hughes.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>375997913
>no one cares for my shitty pasta i keep shitposting
>>
>>375990442

I'd say bloodborne simply because you can't tank and spank your way through it.
>>
>>375997840
Spears of the church is an experimental pvp meme fight and shouldnt even be considered boss imo... i mean there is literally no fight if you have long range heavy weapon, you can completely cheese it (unless you get pvp version).

And yeah, demon prince fight is admittedly one of the most BS fights is DS franchise. Rest of you points are just you being bad. I mean there is literally nothing unfair about dancer and dragonslayer armor, i have never seen gael teleport because i love going toe-to-toe with him and twin princes teleport is just a necessary feature to make LITERALLY crippled boss not a faceroll.
>>
>>375998246
If you get punished for doing everything perfectly, then obviously you weren't doing everything perfectly.
>>
>>375996607
>first playthrough
>literally just hugged him as hard as possible and shoved my Threaded Cane up his asshole repeatedly
I don't understand this meme. Not even the "git gud" sense.The only difficult thing about BSB is his poison aura which I could reasonably see leading to a death if you don't have antidotes on the use bar.
>>
>>375998368
>What is RNG?
>>
>>375997840
>Demon Prince is on of the more bullshit fights overall. A 2v1 fight has a 2nd phase where they combine to fuck your shit up

>>375998315
>And yeah, demon prince fight is admittedly one of the most BS fights is DS franchise.

When Reddit starts sounding less casual than /v/, you know something is wrong.
>>
>>375997840
Most of the things you posted aren't bullshit, and are actually reasons why I liked the bosses once I got used to them.
>Lorian will telegraph the next move he's going to do before he teleports
>Dancer's actual hitboxes, besides the sometimes janky Fromsoft grab, are decent, her moveset is telegraphed by long, flowing motions that are hard to read at first, AOE's are piss easy to avoid
>Dragonslayer Armor is a pushover once you learn to watch his shield more closely than his axe, just start running when projectiles come at you
>Demon prince first phase is extremely easy to kite, every projectile from the "inactive" demon is highly visibly telegraphed, second phase is a satisfying challenge (fuck some of those spells, though)
>Spear of the Church isn't that well balanced for solo players, overall kinda janky
>Soul of Cinder's moveset swaps make the fight someone unpredictable and make you adapt to a large variety of attacks
>>
>>375998391
>literally just hugged him as hard as possible

There's your answer right there. No one does that on a boss first time generally and the backstab/critical doesn't proc 100% of the time.
>>
>>375998396
>because speedrunners get fucked by RNG all the time in all the games
>>
>>375998509
You must not watch many soulsborne speed runners. They actually do get fucked all the time by rng.
>>
>>375998315
Just my opinions, honestly.
Also you can't sit there and tell me you didn't have trouble with soul of cinder the first couple of times you fought him, everyone did.
Also I stand by my opinion of twin princes being bullshit. The random teleporting on top of magic spam just completely fucked me up. Not to mention the younger brother uses wrath of the gods when he revives his older brother (if you fuck up the fight which I did countless times)
>>
>>375998481
>No one does that on a boss first time generally
It's pretty much status quo for Soul's beast bosses. I don't see the "generally."
>backstab/critical doesn't proc 100% of the time.
What? It's not a percentage and is consistent.
>>
>>375998663
Actually most people take time to analyze attack patterns before they move in.

>it's consistent
It's about as consistent as DaS2 hitboxes
>>
File: 1493054498109.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493054498109.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>375998452
>I don't agree with their opinions, better call them reddit!
I know you can try a little harder than that, anon.
Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>375998452
Have you actually tried demon prince SL1? Please do and tell me its not BS. If you facetank your way through P1 and miss couple rolls in P2, sure its easy since your average try doesnt take 5+ minutes. With SL1 you have to play P1 extremely slowly and almost everything oneshots you in P2, took me like 7-8 hours to beat them and 90% of the deaths were in P1 due to getting frustrated with running around in circles and waiting for small attack windows.
>>
>>375998739
Mate, you aren't seriously telling me you didn't know how to charge R2?
>>
>>375990442
ds2 sotfs

>bullshit enemy placement with rapesquads in tight places
>enemies that *block your path*, and you can't run past them if you screw on a boss
>almost non existing invinsibility frames on levers and fogdoors
>gigantic hitboxes
>stupid fall damage
>adp
>forlon's coming to fuck your ass, while you in the middle of a fight
>flimsy weaponry which break in 5 min

It looks like from got memed by DS is a hard game meme.
>>
>>375995058
It's okay, they cucked magic hardcore in DS3 so you can feel better.
>>
>>375998897
No. That's just you being obtuse and ignoring the fact that backstab doesn't work 100% of the time, a fact that every BB fan knows and is OK with.
>>
>>375991286
yeah bloodborne feels cheap as fuck sometimes.
>>
File: 1492818806492.jpg (28KB, 246x290px) Image search: [Google]
1492818806492.jpg
28KB, 246x290px
>>375998840
>SL1
Not that anon but fuck, I'm not masochistic enough to do a sl1 run of ds3 after doing a sl1 run of dark souls 1.
However, I did just kill Gael on a level 45 character and got his crossbow.
>mfw invading shitters withRapid fire exploding crossbow bolts
>>
>>375998996
We're talking about Blood Starved Beast. His back is huge and every Charged R2 puts him into the visceral state. I doubt i've been consistently lucky across the many times i've fought it.
>>
>>375994470
Dark souls is way easier.
>>375994319
And people actually defend this shit
>>
>>375998615
>Also you can't sit there and tell me you didn't have trouble with soul of cinder the first couple of times you fought him, everyone did.
You're saying that like it's a bad thing. A boss that most people can kill without trouble the first time isn't a very good boss. I mean, shit, I summoned Yuria (thought it was important for her questline) for my first attempt on him and beat him, but it was by the skin of my fucking teeth, without any estus or barely any health remaining. It was a pretty satisfying fight.
>The random teleporting on top of magic spam just completely fucked me up.
That's the whole point of it. It's to throw you off. Any attack Lorian is going to throw at you will be telegraphed before he teleports, and if it's not then he'll be far enough away to react to it easily. The magic spam basically boils down to you having to sprint for a bit while possibly dodging some melee attacks.
>>
File: 1492841473267.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1492841473267.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>375999062
>That spoiler
You are fucking evil
>>
People really had this much trouble with bloodborne? Except that fucking unending piece of shit forest I didn't have any problems. Also those three enemies in the unseen village's Church. Fuck those guys.

And the bosses are kinda easy too, the only ones I was really stuck on were father guacamole and paarl.
>>
>>375999092
I'm not saying Blood Starved Beast is hard to backstab. I'm just giving you reasons why people's first instinct wouldn't be to hug the boss and backstab him. Mystery solved.

You are definitely right though in that a lot of soulsborne bosses are exploitable in this fashion. You can blame the community for pretending they are overly complex and fooling new players into thinking they need some flamboyant strategy.
>>
Dark Souls 2 if only for Shrine of fucking Amana and Ancient lol we Nerfed Gowers cause it made the most bullshit boss easier Dragon.
Fuck I hate Ancient Dragon and his bloated ass health and dont fuck up once or you're dead fire.
>>
>>375999292
>father was hard

Why do i see this so often? Literally one of the most fair bosses in all of soulsborne next to the wolf in DaS1.
>>
>>375996531
No its not. First chest you can reach in ds3 is the firelink shrine chest. And the amount of mimics is exaggerated. Theres a lot more, but not THAT many
>>
>>375998509
they do, you fucking dip
>>
>>375999292
>Also those three enemies in the unseen village's Church. Fuck those guys.
That was actually my favorite hunter fight in the game. It's definitely a tad bit unreasonable for the level you're likely to get to them, but for me it wasn't nearly as frustrating as Crow "99 in every stat" of Cainhurst. The hunters were all so differently specialized that baiting out an opening was pretty simple, and the fight really rewarded your patience in a gratifying way. Or I might just be retarded and/or masochistic.
>>
>>375990442
Bloodborne. It's easily one of the better games in the series but the levels of bullshit are also at a peak. BB bosses have massive health bars, can easily break out of stunlocks, and will tantrum combo your ass to death from full health while they have just a sliver of life left.
The hitboxes are also shit but it's a From game so that goes without saying.
It's still a fucking masterpiece, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>375999292
The forest had some bullshit areas

>That undeground cave with poison water plus slugs and non-dormant Church Giants
JUST
>>
>>375999650
Not him but I'd say you masochistic and I think that's true for a lot of the fans of these games. The only real universal reward beyond the exploration in DaS1 and the aesthetics of BB are the lore of the worlds in the series, and some of the boss drops. Most of the fights are not rewarding at all. I dunno, I'm a competitive gamer though so maybe I'm biased.
>>
>>375999476
I'd say Hard for people/1st-timers to get adjusted to BB's combat from the rest of soul series. He really teaches you to dodge towards him and make use of the parry mechanic. I mean he really punishes players that dodge backwards in his spin1win axe or his beast form
>>
File: 1491806195473.jpg (84KB, 736x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1491806195473.jpg
84KB, 736x1102px
The saddest thing about Souls threads these days is that they're either about difficulty or about ranking them, which is so mundane and stupid. /v/ is so fucking shit.
>>
>>375999728
>will tantrum combo your ass to death from full health

Why do so many people act like this doesn't happen? The chances of this happening to someone at some point are 100%.
>>
File: 1493653920281.jpg (66KB, 340x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493653920281.jpg
66KB, 340x500px
>>375999928
>/v/ is so fucking shit.
>>
Demon's Souls Shrine of Storms
>>
>>375999996
You're not helping.
>>
>>375999987
If you know a boss' moveset and tells front to back by heart, then anything can be dodged, really. Getting to that point is going to leave the player smeared across the arena many, many times though.
I have at least a dozen screenshots of You Died screens where the boss has the tiniest sliver of life left in BB. It sucks but then I probably should have been more aggressive and gone for that extra hit at some point. Still triggers my tis or some say tism.
>>
>>375999928
I don't really blame anyone for not wanting to discuss them, especially when their worth is overstated here. If you call something a masterpiece and you want a discussion you actually have to rationalize why it's a masterpiece. Real discussion would destroy its memetic status.
>>
>>376000014
4-2 had me fucking raging during my blind run. If you survive the onslaught of manta rays and skellingtons, the phantasm guys just laser your ass to death. The levels are the true bosses in SoS.
I did not know the power of the Thief's Ring and shortcuts at that point.
>>
>>375999860
>The only real universal reward beyond the exploration in DaS1 and the aesthetics of BB are the lore
I don't think we have the same mindset. My favorite bosses in the games are all invariably the ones who've completely rekt me the most. Overcoming a challenge is it's own reward.
>I'm a competitive gamer though so maybe I'm biased
I like competitive games as well, but I'd prefer a too-close-to-call, tooth and nail fight that I lose to a game that I win easily. Sometimes when I party up with people they're disappointed in losing games that I was fucking thrilled to play the whole way through, so maybe it's more of that mindset difference.
>>
DS3 tbqh
Your character moves like a traditional Dark souls character, but all the enemies have the speed of bloodborne enemies.
>>
>>375994470
Oh, come now, don't lie. You haven't really played all of them if you honestly think that.

Demon's Souls was obscenely easy compared to the other four, and Bloodborne makes Dark Souls 1 and 2 look like baby mode. Dark Souls 3 is the only one that can rival it, and you start with insanely high HP in Dark Souls 3 without pumping any stats into it, plus estus chugging is faster and restores more than vials.
>>
>>375999928
What could you possible talk about that hasn't been discussed a hundred times already?
>>
2 easily. Only game in the series where I legitimately felt like areas and encounters were specifically designed to fuck you up wiwith h zero warning
>>
Why do people always bring up blood vial farming in BB? Is it a late game thing? I think I'm around halfway through and haven't had to farm them at all.
>>
>>375996607
>what is pungent blood cocktail
>>
>>376000474
>you start with insanely high HP in Dark Souls 3
No you dont
>>
>>375997526
This - 10 days platinum ftw
>>
>>375997526
Everything you say here is true /10 DAYS/ but the Fromfanbois don't know how to debate you.

Keep up the good fight anon.
>>
>>376000353
>Overcoming a challenge is it's own reward.

I know. I was a tourney winner of one major and a couple locals.

>Sometimes when I party up with people they're disappointed in losing games that I was fucking thrilled to play the whole way through

I wasn't talking about pick up games. I was talking money on the line. No one who takes comp gaming seriously has your mindset though. They are more addicts than anything else to be honest family.
>>
>>375997526
Maymay of the year 2017 winner.
>>
>>376000517
Shitters accustomed to spamming estus/stones in the other games tend to abuse vials. If you're taking advantage of the Regain mechanic, you shouldn't have to ever farm and even scrubs typically don't have to on a second playthrough. The game gives you a metric shitload of vials as well.
>>
>>375997526
10 days
>>
>>375997526
BTFO SOULSFATS JAJAJAJAJA 10 DAYS ANON STRIKES AGAIN
>>
>>376000517
>Why do people always bring up blood vial farming in BB?
People bad at BB
>>
>>376000517
it's because they never considered buying them and instead followed the route by the gascoigne elevator with the 3 ogres and 2 werewolves where you get 11 vials on a good run instead of just killing the mensis students in the room next to the bonfire and buying like 70
>>
>>375997526
Much of what you said is completely untrue.....you probably never even did it in 10 days.
>>
The only things unfair about Bloodborne are:

1. the defiled chalice dungeon bosses, not the other chalice dungeons.

2. Frenzy + Winter Lanterns in the Nightmare Frontier
>>
>>376000517
People are bad and you must have gotten lucky during a couple chalice dungeons if you went in blind. If you didn't go in blind then the problem is you are using a guide.
>>
>>376000982
Spoken like a person truly desensitized to bullshit from other souls games.
>>
File: 1490486098739.png (1MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490486098739.png
1MB, 768x1024px
>>376000987
I went in blind and I platinumed the whole game.
>>
>>375997526
I fucking hate your guts 10 days guy
>>
>>376001095
Ffs /10 days poster/ read the post you are responding to before shitposting. He was asking about blood vial farming.
>>
>>376000917
>instead of just killing the mensis students in the room next to the bonfire and buying like 70
My fav grind spot other than the pigs and the SoY in Nightmare of Mensis. Always use those places to get my characters to 98-100 for FCs in /bbg/
>>
>>376001095
Your thumb is fucking disgusting
>>
File: hp.png (776KB, 918x476px) Image search: [Google]
hp.png
776KB, 918x476px
>>376000543
Uh, yes you do.
>>
>>376001096
You only hate him because he's right and showed you all up
>>
>>376001205
I've since grown my nails.
>>
Did it in 9 days. Get good, shitlords.
>>
>>375996281
Abyss Watchers themselves are just tedious.
If you dont have the right weapon on hand the fight becomes a real slog.
Especially the second form, which gives very little opening to hurt it and deals way too much damage for an early game boss.
>>
>>375996607
>Bloodstaved beast can chimp out on you randomly and there's no way to avoid damage.
I'm literally a noob who's playing BB for the first time, and I managed to beat it on first try while being on a tiny fraction of HP after getting hit a lot right at the beginning. There was absolutely nothing unfair in that fight. Once I knew what was coming, dodging wasn't tough at all. Git gud.

>>376000517
>Why do people always bring up blood vial farming in BB?
Don't know either. I'm now in the add-on(NG+ went in first chance after beating NG last night) and I didn't have to farm them as well. I find the vial mechanic particularly great since it underlines the general forward drive this game has. I guess when you die a lot, you have to farm vials at one point... Didn't happen to me yet though.

>>376000474
>Bloodborne makes Dark Souls 1 and 2 look like baby mode.
Are you saying BB is harder than those two? Because BB is obviously the easiest "souls" game. It even gives you an extra tool to stun every single enemy attack easily. Even bosses can be stunned that way. Fuck, I stunned Gerhman all the way through the fight.
Every boss in BB gives you lots of time to adjust since all attacks are telegraphed. And normal enemy attacks are mostly a joke that even groups are easily manageable. Not to mention that you're invincible during a v.attack.
BB is regarded the easiest pretty much everywhere for good reasons. In fact, its the reasons why I waited so long to play it. And they were right, it is easy.
>>
>>376001213
Thats not a lot. And thats while embered. Some classes start off with more than others as well
>>
>>376001301
Im doing a mage run and they were stressful as fuck since they are so aggressive
>>
>>376000874
>>376000778
This. Some people just suck. I won't call the vials a better system than the estus either though, its just a different mechanic for a different playstyle.
DS had relatively slow progress in which players often resetted areas to do them again. Either for farming or just to get through them without using too many estus.
That's obviuosly something they wanted to avoid in BB and so vials and visceral attacks were introduced. So players can go forward instead of back. And it works fin, unless you desperately try to play it like DS.
I only had to farm vials two times in the game. And both times because I was an idiot.
>>
>>376001361
>I managed to beat it on first try while being on a tiny fraction of HP after getting hit a lot right at the beginning

Cool anon. So basically you put tons of points into vit and got lucky? Tell me another story. Because BSB would 2 shot most people that arent over-leveled.
>>
>>376001301
I've found the fight to go pretty smoothly with just about any weapon I've used, though to be fair I haven't tried all of them on it. Maybe I'm just easy on the fight because it's the first time DS3 tries to have some originality in it's mechanics outside of "hit the weakpoint" greatwood even if watchers still reek of 'MEMBER ARTORIAS?
>>
>>376001661
>So basically you put tons of points into vit and got lucky?
No, I put points into str and learned to dodge. You know, actually looking at the enemy helps a lot. You should try it.
>>
>>376001749
>no vit
>dodged out of stunlock

Oh I get it. So you are lying. Ok that makes sense.
>>
>>375997063
> overleveled

anon, I made that video (wasn't me that posted it ITT though) and I was level 20 using +3 weapons. Which is exactly the normal amount of upgraded for BSB. There's also no way of farming op items before him either, unlike Amelia (see the other video on that channel)

>>375997515
What 360 move does BSB have? His roar that causes a poison explosion isn't actually an attack, and everything is telegraphed. The grab does waaaaay too much damage for that point in the game, but it's no harder to avoid than anything else.

The video is a meme, if you included parrying and actually dodging into your tactics it's even easier.
>>
I think you're all forgetting the absolute worst aspect of any souls game;

Getting cursed in Dark Souls 1
>>
>>376001885
surely you mean endurance
not him but cmon man, Vit is HP in BB
>>
>>375995330
I might be mistaken here, but the other hunters probably have access to their own dream no? You can see many other islands from your dream
>>
>>376001942
Just walk up back to Oswald and hand him your shekels
If you killed him you really deserve to suffer
>>
>>376001361
Let's break this down:
>It even gives you an extra tool to stun every single enemy attack easily.
You still have to learn each enemy's window, you can't parry every attack either, you obviously haven't played if you believe that.

In case you have forgotten, you can parry in Dark Souls 1 and 2, as well as backstabbing, which was much safer than going for a visceral.

>Even bosses can be stunned that way. Fuck, I stunned Gerhman all the way through the fight.
Not all bosses can be stunned with the gun, not all boss attacks can be stunned. You do know that you can parry Gwyn too, right?

>Every boss in BB gives you lots of time to adjust since all attacks are telegraphed. And normal enemy attacks are mostly a joke that even groups are easily manageable.
Are you sure you're talking about Bloodborne here? It sounds much more like you're talking about Dark Souls 1 and 2 here, unless you count DS2's dime turning attack tracking as "not telegraphed"

>Not to mention that you're invincible during a v.attack.
You're invincible during parry and backstabs too, just to refresh your memory.

Bloodborne enemies are so much faster than DS1, 2 and 3 enemies, it's like they're moving in slow motion. DS1 and 2 enemies throw one or two hits then allow you to run in and stunlock them to death. Most Bloodborne enemies have faster attacks, combos, more unpredictable and don't let you mash attack to win each time they miss an attack.

Bloodborne bosses had much more health than DS1 and 2 bosses. In DS1 and 2, you could just run behind an enemy and make it trivial. Most Bloodborne bosses don't allow that with their fast, wide sweeping attacks.
>>
>>376001361
It is the easiest, yes. But I actually found that it fits the game rather well. Don't ask me why, but I liked the relatively smooth difficulty in BB.
I really only set in after I beat the moon presence on second try. First time it surprised me because I didn't expect the fight, and I ran right back in with 2 vials just to learn a bit, and I just won.
Then I kinda realized that the whole game has been comparably easy. But as said, it kinda fit the game. The DLC gave me a bit of trouble at times though(fuck those two nuns)
>>
>>376001914
>What 360 move does BSB have?
>BSB's chalice dungeon
lrn2read

And no level 20 is not fucking normal for BSB. I cleared the first 3 areas without losing any echoes and was sub 15 by the time I got there.
>>
DS2 was really frustrating with the shrinking health bar.
>>
>>376002007
Having to backtrack 15 minutes each way and having to grind 3000 souls (at that point in the game where each enemy only gives 100-150 souls that's a fuckton) is pretty horrible.
>>
>>376001885
>dodged out of stunlock
What stunlock? Anon what the fuck are you even talking about? It seems that everything you say can be solved by you getting gud. Why don't you do that anon? Why don't you get gud?
>>
>>376001942
>first playthrough
>fall into hole
>what are these?
>curse
Happened to me in ds3 just today. Trying to beat Deacons of the Deep with magic but all of the bodies block the archdeacon so he was able to finish the deep curse thing. Kind of bs
>>
>>376002004
No I was talking about how he would need vit to survive a 2 shot from BSB and you can't dodge out of stunlock.
>>
>>376001440
That guy is a pyromancer, only 11 vigor.

Once you get to 25 vigor your health bar in Dark Souls 3 is akin to your health bar in Bloodborne with 50 vitality + 10% & 15% HP runes. It's utterly ridiculous
>>
>>376002110
>What stunlock?

Something that happens when you get hit anon. Which according to you you burned through all your bloodvials and had a sliver of health left so you should know all about it.
>>
>>376001173
Assuming you are doing /bbg/ fight clubs, why on earth do you need to farm echo's?

Everyone in /bbg/ uses chalice gems, and if they don't they've at least reached Isz, depth 5 dungeons give out 100k echo's per room, let alone the amount you rack up just farming the easiest top obtain gems. Sometimes my characters end up with 50 million echo's without me even noticing.
>>
>>376002012
>You still have to learn each enemy's window
No you don't. Its always once the strike starts after the wind up. Always. It takes 30mins to realize that. git gud.
>Not all bosses can be stunned with the gun, not all boss attacks can be stunned.
True, but compared to DS, its still a lot more.
>Are you sure you're talking about Bloodborne here?
Yes. You know when an enemy is slowly raising his arm? Thats what telegraphing means. Pretty much all of them do it. Open your eyes anon.
>You're invincible during parry and backstabs too, just to refresh your memory.
And?
>Bloodborne enemies are so much faster than DS1, 2 and 3 enemies
Doesn't really matter when they have such a wide window of being stunned. Git gud.
>Bloodborne bosses had much more health than DS1 and 2 bosses.
Doesn't really matter how much health they have when they are much easier and easily stunnable. Even Maria and Gerhman. Hell, even Ludwig can be stunned by attacking his left side.

tl;dr - git gud. BB is called the easiest for a reason.
>>
>>376002165
>only 11 vigor
Its still not that much health and he's embered. I get that vigor increases hp by alot but im just saying that you dont start off with
>insane amount of HP
>>
>>376002326
>BB is called the easiest for a reason.

Because BB was originally called the hardest now people want to earn upboats by calling it easy? DaS is so much fucking easier than BB it's not even funny.
>>
>>376002175
>Which according to you you burned through all your bloodvials and had a sliver of health left so you should know all about it.
I got hit yes. But I stopped getting hit so "stunlock" wasnt a problem anymore. How did I do it? How did all the other people do it?
Let me go back to the beginning here: learn to dodge. BSB doesn't have many surprise attacks. After getting hit once, there should be an "aha" effect setting it.
If it doesn't, then you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>376001709
I actually had a harder time beating them the second time I fought them.
First time? I used a fire longsword. Not a big problem there since the longsword is an excellent balanced weapon with a good move set and I had plenty of stamina.

Second time? I couldnt even beat them with my Uchigatana I had powered up a lot already.

Big/slow weapons and magic have a real hard time with the Abyss Watchers.
>>
>>376002403
>Because BB was originally called the hardest
In your fantasy maybe. I mean, where the fuck have you been? Its so distinguishable easy, its not funny anymore. Fuck, you can even replenish HP by attacking enemies.
>>
>>376002462
>But I stopped getting hit so "stunlock"

That wouldn't stop you from getting 2 shot the first time you go stunlocked especially if all your points were in str.
>>
>>376001942
I'm pretty sure anyone who's gotten cursed has only gotten cursed once. Even then I feel like I'm probably a bit too lenient on it because my first experience with it was a grand journey of "how the fuck do I get rid of this?" that was pretty gratifying in hindsight. On a normal playthrough you've met two or possibly three NPC's that can sell you purging stones before you've seen a basilisk, so it's not that bad.
>>
>>376002326
See>>375997526

You're just a wannabe 10 days poster.
>>
>>376002545
I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. That theres absolutely no way someone would be able to dodge BSB?
You do realize that the whole premise of that is you beign shit right? You just suck at the game.
>>
>>376002554
I literally got cursed 3 times and had to backtrack up to Oswald each time it happened my first time through. It was the fucking worst. Somehow I picked the route with the most basilisks on the way to the gaping dragon
>>
>>376002239
I tend to do everything else(base game and DLC) before hitting up CDs for gems on my builds. Weird I know
>>
>>376002634
See
>>375997526
>>
>>376002614
I'm not. 10 days poster tried to shit on BB, because he was butthurt after being told to git gud. I absolutely love BB. Its easily my favorite Fromsoft game.
That doesn't change the fact that its the easiest.

Speaking of gettig gud
>>376002545
>>376002175
>>376001885
git gud
>>
>>375990442

2 has the harshest death penalties, finite effigies, i-frames tied to a stat and far and away the most demanding stamina management.

Then there's the whole goddamn engine being an absolute nightmare on every sense.
>>
CURSED
>>
>>376002720
Ah I see, you're not just shit at the game, you're also butthurt that people call you out for it. So here's your homework - a) get gud and b) stop being so insecure.
>>
>>376002052
It take approximentally 16k echo's to go from level 10 to level 20. That's not very hard to get, especially if you die to something and have to re-kill stuff. On that same character I also had bought every possible weapon/armour avalible at that point.
>>
>>376002516
I'm gonna say its the hardest if the included doings CDs esp. defiled/cursed ones since it becomes 1 hit city
>>
>>376002802
See
>>375997526
>>
>>376002175
There is no true stunlock in BB, it only happens if there's multiple enemies attacking you at once. After getting hit, you can ALWAYS dodge and avoid the followup attack.
>>
>>376002326
Confirmed for only watching a Bloodborne play through from some autist speedrunner

>True, but compared to DS, its still a lot more.
What? You can backstab virtually every enemy. All that takes is strafing left or right on every single enemy.

>Yes. You know when an enemy is slowly raising his arm? Thats what telegraphing means. Pretty much all of them do it. Open your eyes anon.
Yeah, and anyone who's honestly played all of them would tell you DS1 and 2 enemies telegraph their attacks much more blatantly. DS1 and 2 enemies are far more likely to wind up slow and attack. Bloodborne enemies have more diverse movesets and can throw out fast strikes and combos with very little wind up.

>Doesn't really matter how much health they have when they are much easier and easily stunnable. Even Maria and Gerhman. Hell, even Ludwig can be stunned by attacking his left side.

It certaintly does matter. I don't care how many speedrunners you watched popping beast pellets, there's no way in hell you could have a harder time with those laughable DS1 and 2 bosses than with BB bosses. The only DS 1 & 2 bosses that would even belong in the same category as most BB bosses are Manus, Kalameet, Fume and Sir Alonne.

Hell, we haven't even talked about the shields in DS1 and 2.
>>
>>375990442
Souls game difficulty curve:

DaS2 > BB > DaS = DeS > DaS3
>>
>>376001361
>Are you saying BB is harder than those two?

Yes. By hell of a lot.

>Because BB is obviously the easiest "souls" game.

I've beaten all games in release orders. DaS 2 is the only one even coming close to BB in terms of difficulty, and then only thanks to DLCs. DeS was initially intimidating thanks to my lack of experience, not knowing that there is such a thing as a fast roll, etc, but it is very easily broken once you figure it out, archery and magic easily shit on almost everything. DaS 1, just having a good shield and upgrading to greatshield means you shit on almost everything. DaS 2, nowhere near as easily cheesed, and has trickier dungeons than BB, but most bosses in the main game are disappointing. BB, even with all my experience with previous games, killed me more than any of them, and I would have dropped it a dozen times if not for the fact that run-ups to bosses, particularly in chalice dungeons, are very easy compared to previous installments.
>>
>>376001361
>Every boss in BB gives you lots of time to adjust since all attacks are telegraphed.

And that's how we know a liar.
>>
>>376002768
>2 has the harshest death penalties
Demon's Souls and DS3 have a harsher death penalty. Effigies are somewhat rare, but the HP penalty accumulates so slowly and the game throws so many at you that it's barely a problem.
>>
>>376003072
not to mention the ring that lessens the reduction even more
>>
>>376002768
> 2 has the harshest death penalties

I see you havnt played Demon Souls.

> die
> 50% max HP instantly, no gradual decrease
> can't summon help anymore
> lowers world tendency by 1
> as World tendency drops game gets harder
> Black phantom enemies start appearing
> Stone of Emphirial eyes are quite limited
>>
>>375994319
I never got this webm, I don't remember having to run a gauntlet like that at all.

I know the area, and I didn't really bother to explore it since I just book it to the boss every time. I also recall levers but I don't remember having to outrun a gate.
>>
>>376003163
I've played it enough to know it's Demon's Souls, faggot.
>>
Dark souls bosses are a total joke compared to most Bloodborne bosses. The only ones that even belongs in the same stratosphere are Pontiff and Nameless King. (Nameless King is among the hardest).
>>
>>376002908
>What? You can backstab virtually every enemy
I was talking about bosses you fucking idiot. I literally quoted and replied to your part about bosses. And still, you don't replenish health when backstabbing, do you?
>and anyone who's honestly played all of them would tell you DS1 and 2 enemies telegraph their attacks much more blatantly.
I'm sorry I don't buy this. I played all the other games. All mobs in BB telegraph fairly easy. In fact, its so easy they even dropped the shield from the game.
>I don't care how many speedrunners you watched popping beast pellets
I haven't used a single beast pellet. Bosses are still easy. Only DLC bosses are tough so far.

tl;dr - git gud. I'm just reflecting on the fact that you're talking to a first timer. Is that why you keep replying with nonsense? That a guy playing this game for the first time didn't have many problems?
>>
>>375994690
>People had trouble with Sinh

What.
>>
>>376003165
Did you do those areas Solo or Co-op? Those areas are designed for co-oping for the DLC areas in 2
>>
>>375997526
>All endings within minutes of each other.
>Going in blind.

In my times, liars had more finesse.

In my times people were not retarded enough to get baited by a clumsy liar for dozens of threats straight.
>>
>>376003208
What?

> You said Dark Souls 2 had highest penalty of for death.
> I said it was Demons Souls
> "yeah I know faggot"

...?
>>
>>376003313
You said "Demon Souls".
>>
>>376003298
> All

Look again, penis.
>>
>>376003220
>I was talking about bosses you fucking idiot. I literally quoted and replied to your part about bosses. And still, you don't replenish health when backstabbing, do you?
Little triggered, are we? DS1 and 2 bosses are so trivial that it would be a waste of time to parry them. Just strafe to the left or right and attack their back. It's always that simple.

>I'm sorry I don't buy this. I played all the other games. All mobs in BB telegraph fairly easy. In fact, its so easy they even dropped the shield from the game.

You can't tell the difference between the blatantly slow, pathetic attacks of DS1 and 2 enemies, and the fast attacks of BB enemies?

Come now, if you're only considering Bloodborne DLC bosses hard, then tell me who gave you trouble from Dark Souls 1's main game. I'm expecting more than a few since you claim the bosses are so much harder than Bloodborne.
>>
>>376002990
>Yes. By hell of a lot.
Then you need to git gud.
>BB, even with all my experience with previous games, killed me more than any of them, and I would have dropped it a dozen times
Yes, you need to git gud indeed.

Lets take a look at the BB and the bosses:
>cleric beast
>easy to dodge to the left
>Gascionne
>shoot pistol, stun, repeat
>bloodstarved beast
>dodge to the left, stay away when fluid
>vicar amalia
>use fire paper, easy as fuck
>witch bosses
> a complete joke
>shadow of yharnam
>kite and seperate - then they're nothing but regular enemies
>rom the spider
>bait meteor, avoid meteors, run in for attack, repeat
>darkbeast
>one reborn
>kill bell maidens, attack, done
>no idea, don't remember much about the fight
>daughter of cosmos
>first tough fight of the game. congrats BB!
>amygdala and micolash
>stay behind, dodge, and the other is simple playing catch
>wet nurse
>by now you should've learned how to dodge
>gherman
>shoot pistol, stun, attack, repeat
>moon presence
>stay behind, dodge when it attacks, repeat
wasn't so hard, was it? I mean, how bad do you have to be to have problems with BB?
>>
>>376003298
It's not so much the bait itself as it is his autistic devotion to trying to shit up every thread that even mentions bloodborne that gained him any notice. When 10-days-kun was active he would always argue his opinion to the ends of the earth, irrevocably shitting up any bloodborne thread, so now it seems like it's mostly imitators who want to take up his shitposting mantle without the autismal dedication needed.
>>
>>376003635
If you think Dark Souls 1 and 2 were harder than Bloodborne then you need to git gud. They're so casual it hurts.
>>
>>376003591
>Little triggered, are we?
Yeah I'm triggered that you don't even realize when I'm quoting you.
>DS1 and 2 bosses are so trivial that it would be a waste of time to parry them
I see, now we're going away from mechanics and its just generic "no its harder because I say so" bs.
>and the fast attacks of BB enemies?
Such as? I'm sorry but who are those enemies? The hunters? Every attack telegraphed. The giants? Telegraphed easily. The normal people in yahrnam? All pull back widely.
>who gave you trouble from Dark Souls 1's main game.
"Trouble" is a relative term. But I can tell you that a had to repeat a lot of them.
>>
>>376003751
>thinks BB is hard
>tells others to git gut
Nigga... no matter how much you spam this thread. Everyone knows that BB is the easiest. By tomorrow everything is back to normal.
>>
>>375990442
Bloodborne is not a souls game, faggots
>>
File: 1459797483431.gif (212KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1459797483431.gif
212KB, 525x525px
DaS2 because of the wonky as fuck hitboxes, infinipoise of enemies and loads of gooks.

yfw Agility was a seperate stat that had to have points dumped into it if you wanted to not have a useless rolling mechanic
>>
Protip: Those are all different games and difficulty here usually comes from people being unable to adapt.

People call DS2 unfair because it has lots of enemies at times or ''punishes'' people for dying more than DS1 did but overall the game isn't really harder and the problem is stuff like people being stupid and locking on enemies when multiples are around.
If you play DS2 like DS1 its going to be hard for you.

Same shit applies to Bloodborne. The game really isn't exceptionally hard if you adapt to its style.
But if you try to play it like you play a Souls game - Well enjoy.
>>
>>376003635
When you put it like this, all Dark Souls 1 and 2 bosses can be trivialized.

>put on red tearstone
>get health down low
>hit a couple times after their laughably slow attacks (All bosses)
>win

or
>sit at a distance and cast magic, eventually oneshotting them

Soooo easy.
>>
>>376003743
It's still me, I just don't have the energy anymore.

That and nobody actually even debates my points anyway. Everything I posted above is true. The game is intrinsically easy because of these things.

I don't think that just because a game is pointlessly easy it even makes a game bad, if the game play was fun then I'd overlook it, but it isn't.

The fact that it somehow has gained some sort of reputation for being some incredibly difficult title is more laughable than anything else. Certainly given that I went in blind and platinumed the game in 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.
>>
I never considered myself a "pro gamer" or anything like this. But some faggot(s) in this thread unironically stating that BB is the hardest, makes me feel pretty good about myself.
Everything in that game is designed to hold the player's hand.
>>
>>376003906
DaS2 was only hard because the infrastructure of the game. It's like building a card castle on a cardboard box in a thunderstorm.
>>
>>376003850
>>376003807
You're so butthurt about never ever that you need to git gud at life and afford a PS4.
>>
>>376003889
There is nothing wrong with ADP

It exists so people can have less effective rolls if they want to have them.
And having like 20 is already enough to get DS1 tier rolls.
>>
>>376003918
The difference is that BB bosses are actually easy. And yes, magic is OP in DS games. More news at 11.
>>
>>375991286
>farm blood vials

why are you people so retarded. you can buy them from bath messengers for 900 echoes.
>>
>>376004037
Bloodborne bosses are faster, hit harder, have more health, wider attacks.

You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>375990442
DS2!
The ammount of trial and error and bullshit-moments is too damn high!
>>
>>376003807
Still waiting for you to explain which bosses from DS1's main game you consider to be hard.
>>
>>376003889
Agility is a stat that you don't directly invest retard.
You can increase AGI by investing on both or either ADP and ATT.
>>
>>376003982
For one, if this isn't bait, then your dedication is admirable
Number two, people can like things for reasons different than you. Not everyone over levels and summons help for every boss.
>>
>>376004025
There is everything wrong with ADP. It wasn't about effective rolls, your animation was the exact same no matter what. It affected the amount of i-frames you got from your rolls. It was more that "LOOK HOW HARD THIS GAME IS". Which is fine if the game offered you a choice in gimping yourself much like the Champ covenant or items that reduce your health/defence. But when you start off the game and have to waste souls (not too mention Soul Memory) just to get up to an appropriate base level of i-frames that allowed combat to flow, assuming you don't sperge out and waste your stamina, what you've got is the opposite of all the other stats. If you don't want them, don't dump points, but you will still be at the same base regardless of all the other players.
>>
Why is it okay to turn into DSP when its about DS2?

>go into a dark corner in DS3
>get ganked by dogs and invisible enemies
>THANKS MIYAZAKI - THIS IS THE SOULS WE KNOW AND LOVE

>enter room in DS2
>get surprised by multiple slow enemies
>WOW THANKS B-TEAM I DIED - WHAT COULD I EVEN DO THIS GAME SUCKS
>>
>>376004004
You're calling me "butthurt" for stating the game is easy, when you're unironically so butthurt that you have to resort to claiming I never played it?
wew lad
>>
>>376004287
You know what I'm referring to you fuck.
>>
>>376004143
>are faster, hit harder, have more health, wider attacks.
And are way easier avoided, telegraph attacks much more and lots of them can be stunned, either by pistol shots or repeated attacks.
Meanwhile you have 20 blood vials and 20 QS.
>>
>>376004143
>BB bosses
>hard
DLC maybe the rest is nonsense.
>>
>>376004435
Your reasons are far too asinine to be taken seriously though. Every point you've made has been debunked. You're either a sword and board fag with a grudge, or you're a mustard that is butthurt about being left out. I'm leaning toward the latter.
>>
>>376004583
Hard compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2, definitely.
>>
>Bloodborne is now considered hard
Wat?

Anyway, I just finished the main game and I didn't do any chalice dungeons. Did I miss much? Thing is, I didn't quite get what they are for.
>>
File: Damn Snakes.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Snakes.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
So, I'm convinced the person shitposting this hard about BB being 2ez is either just completely fabricating the experience, or played through the main games once, and probably over-leveled, and got the fuck out of there without doing FRCs.

Either way, why ya'll are giving him the (you)s is beyond me.

>>376002904
>you can ALWAYS dodge and avoid the followup attack
Sometimes. Sometimes...
>>
>>376004672
Gems and exclusive weapons

The story chalices are worth doing and don't take a lot of time
>>
>>376004624
>debunked
Lmao. What you call debunked is the equivalent of "no u". The whole thing started because I beat BSB and a faggot(maybe you) couldn't handle it.
BB is still the easiest in the series, and no amount of butthurt will change that for the general audience.
>>
>>376004682
>runs into a group of enemies deliberately getting surrounded
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
File: rock applause.gif (1MB, 357x296px) Image search: [Google]
rock applause.gif
1MB, 357x296px
>>376004672
>haha, the game was easy but I only played half of it :^)
>>
>>376004745
There's a story in chalices? Man now I feel stupid. I didn't do them because I thought they were randomly generated side stuff meant for co-op mainly.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 640x362px
>>375996772
Is this real?

I member lucifer from years ago on /dsg/, being BTFO about wrath of the gods. This is just too much.
>>
>>376004091
If you have the DLC, you can get 10 or 11 in a couple of seconds, simply by killing that beefy mother fucker with an axe and the red skeleton just outside of Ludwig's boss room, too.
>>
>ITT: the old "which one is hardest" debate
First one is always the hardest. Its always been that way.
I started with importing DeS when the asia version is released, and to this day, my memory is full of me getting my ass handed to me. Then DS1 was tough as well, DS2 became easier, DS3 even more so and BB was a cake walk for the most part.
>>
>>376004879
No the main Pthumeru chalices are considered story chalices, that's the stuff that was hidden underneath Byrgenwerth. The endboss is the Yharnam Queen. Only Root chalices are randomly generated. Until you reach the defiled chalice they are very easy though.
>>
>>376004942
Tbhe guy who made that quoted Luci """by accident"""

That MY HANDS ARE BLEEDING pasta is actually pretty old, but the first time I saw it it was being used to describe Loran Darkbeast by an anonymous poster.
>>
>>376004879
There's no real story Chalice's. There's just pre-made ones that you need to complete to unlock all the random dungeon stuff.

They have a ton of unique enemies and bosses though that are lore relevent. Like 30% of the games enemies are unique to dungeons.
>>
>>375990442
Id say dark souls 3 but only because of its overall poor boss design. They essentially made up a dark souls esque world but filled it with enemies and bosses more suited for bloodborne because they're lazy asset reusing gooks.

Normally I'd say dark souls 2 because it, unlike the other games, really doesn't hand hold you through it but id account that more to the game being broken.
>>
>>376003635
>Then you need to git gud.

And you need to actually play the game.

>Lets take a look at the BB and the bosses:

You need to actually play the game, anon, not to just look at Youtube playthroughs by the sort of people who can beat DMC games on Dante Must Die with their eyes closed.

Besides, looking this way at every single boss from previous games it boils down to

>DeS
>Use a ranged attack

>DaS 1
>Use a greatshield

>DaS 2 pre-DLC and SotFS
>Still use a greatshield
>wasn't so hard, was it? I mean, how bad do you have to be to have problems with BB?

Play the game and find it by yourself.

>>376004037
>And yes, magic is OP in DS games. More news at 11.
>If I nerf myself to shit and deliberately use vastly suboptimal tactics in one game but not another, I can clam that the latter is easier, hurr durr.

Lords of the Fallen, taking a deliberately bad example, can be excruciatingly hard if you choose a wrong build, but that doesn't mean you can't curbstomp everything in the game by casting Shelter.
>>
>>375997063
>having most of the fight memorized
>dodges to the left
>memorized
>complains about BSB chimping "randomly"
>memorized
>>
>>376005014
>First one is always the hardest. Its always been that way.
Mm, no. I too started with DeS, but I'm of the opion, that per OP's phrasing, "which do you think is legitimately the most unfair in terms of difficulty", I'd vote DaS2.
>>
>>376005007
Why would I do that? Go to Lunarium, kill shadows (+30k), kill 3 pigs (+90k). Have 120k echoes, buy 130 blood vials. Repeat four times and you've reached maximum amout of blood vials.
>>
File: to.png (266KB, 540x547px) Image search: [Google]
to.png
266KB, 540x547px
>>376005098
>you need to play the game
When you run out of arguments, just stop posting anon.
> I mean, how bad do you have to be to have problems with BB?
Exactly.
>>
>>375997526
Why do you keep saying 10 days, out of curiosity? Why not say the number of hours. Last time someone posted this pic, they played for 70.

Who the fuck plays a game they don't like for 70 hours?
>>
I actually kinda liked Chalice dungeons, the only thing that I really hated about them was farming materials for the next ritual.

God help you if you create defiled before a CRF dungeon, and you need to farm some something rare like Bastard of Loran.

As for which is most unfair, I'd probably say DS2 due to the hitboxes (inb4 Pursuer webm), gank squads, shockwaves, grab attacks where you gravitate into the enemy,.
>>
>>376005119
Ah okay. Unfair is a different beast I agree.
Though I don't regard anything as particuarly unfair in these games. The games tell you right off the bat that they're out to get you.
I mean, you see a guy jumping out from behind a corner, and you take a note that enemies might be standing behind a corner.
At least that's how I handled it.

I got angry at some stupid deaths at times, but I never really considered it "unfair" per se.
>>
>>376005227
>Who the fuck plays a game they don't like for 70 hours?
I played DaS2 for 300 and I fucking loathed the game.
>>
>>376005207
>When you run out of arguments, just stop posting anon.

Using this logic you shouldn't have made a single post, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>376005047
The original self harm anon was stuck on Loran Daekbeast.

Someone made an edit so it was about Maneater Bore instead (one of the easiest "bosses" in the series for those unaware) and changed the name to from Anon to Luci. It may have gone through several other edits for easy bosses, but "Pork Fuck" is the only one I remember.

Then the guy making the video just saved that image instead of the original and changed "pork fuck" to "poison fuck" for BSB. He claimed he didn't notice the Luci trip code until after editing it and just left it.
>>
>>376003635
Anyone can go look at a strategy guide and call something easy, retard.
>>
File: Half-orc character.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Half-orc character.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376004942

You're behind in the times.
>>
>>376005318
Not true since "BB is the easiest" isn't an argument, its a fact.
>shitposter
>because I don't suck I'm a shitposter
You shitters never cease to amaze
>>
>>376005301
Why?
>>
>>376005374
If actually looking at the enemies is called a "strategy guide" then yea, the strategy of actually not playing like an idiot.
>>
>>375990442
I'm going through Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne now, and honestly, Bloodborne is the most unfair of them all... and that's exactly the way I like it.
>>
>>376005397
>Not true since "BB is the easiest" isn't an argument, its a fact.

Only people without arguments call their (shitty) opinion a fact.

>Look at my mighty skill at looking up Youtube playthroughs, are you impressed by the size of my e-peen?

No.
>>
>>376005439
Several reasons I guess.

It was new, it was where the community was, I needed to know if it was something I could 'get over' by finding a stride or some new stone to turn over in the game, I needed to know beyond doubt that I gave it as fair a chance as I possibly could before I wrote it off as the shit it was.
>>
>>376005515
>Bloodborne is the most unfair of them all..
What exactly do you consider that way? I mean, most of what enemies throw at you is already known from the other games. There isn't that much new fundamentally.
>>
>>375994412
How do you even do that?
>>
>>376005563
A fair chance is 4 hours, dude. 300 hours is more than double the amount of time I spent on my favorite game of all time.
>>
>>376005548
>skill at looking up Youtube playthroughs
Let me repeat myself:
>>
>>376005563
>as fair a chance as I possibly could
>300hr
I think you went a little overboard
>>
>>376005659
>B-be impressed by the size of my e-peen!

No.
>>
>>376005757
>not sucking at the game is somehow elitist
>>
>>376005631
>A fair chance is 4 hours, dude
Only until you tell someone on /v/ you didn't like it.

>300 hours is more than double the amount of time I spent on my favorite game of all time
I've put several thousand hours on multiple games.
>>
>>376005783
>B-b-b-be impressed by the size of my e-peen!!!

No.
>>
>>376005786
How many times did you put your dick in your gf?
>>
>>376001213

>posts a picture of the health bar while embered

WEW LAD
>>
>>376005376
People also found his PSN in mid 2015 and released he hadn't beaten the Chalice Dungeons yet, despite lecturing people on *best* Bloodborne build's and weapons. He hadn't reached endgame gem farming and hadn't even found all weapons months after the game launched.

I don't understand, we all post stupid shit from time to time. But anonymity makes it go away instantly. Even if someone screen caps your stupidity there's nothing linking it to any of your future posts. Even if you have a YouTube channel or something you can remain undetected on 4chan and nothing will be held against you.

He must enjoy all the shitposting and bullying, because the solution is a 2 second process of sliding back into the crowd where no one will no who is making idiotic posts and triangle waifu's.
>>
>>375990442
>which do you think is legitimately the most unfair in terms of difficulty?
There is nothing legitimately unfair in one game thats not in the others.
Someone who rages at someting in one game, while someone else just walks through it without problems and vice versa.
I mean some people here talk about hitboxes in DS2, yet others walked through the game oblivious to it.
>>
Objectively speaking Dark Souls 2 is the most unfair

the level design and encounters do not fit with the overall gameplay of the series at all, hence the introduction of attempted mitigation like stacking infinite lifegems
>>
File: Desecrated Flame.png (464KB, 1174x1821px) Image search: [Google]
Desecrated Flame.png
464KB, 1174x1821px
>>376005880

>I don't understand

He named himself 'God-King Lucifer'.
You should've known from the first time you read that that you were dealing with a delusions of grandeur retard.
>>
>>375996772
top kek
>>
>>376005786
2,000 hours is 83 days and 8 hours.

There are multiple games where you have given up more than 2 months of your life. That's sad.
>>
>>376005083
I think if it was your first game, then DS3 would be the hardest going.

DS2 is hard, yes, but as you say the bosses feel appropriate for the style of play, and theres plenty of good starting builds to go with. Yeah ganking sucks, but the mooks are usually pretty weak anyway so you quickly learn how to pick them off as you go along. Even the persuer has a cheese option if you are really struggling so hes only about as hard as the Capra Demon.

DS3 has a sort of aync feel to it. You cant really be agile like in BB and dance around with the enemy, so for the most part you are trying to either turtle or plain dodge one or two particular attacks waiting for an opportunity to jump in and attack, or just sticking to the back of them and chipping away hoping they wont reach. Most of the weapons you get at the start are pretty bad outside of the longsword. Armour is pretty useless and if you invest your stats poorly you cant easily compensate for it like you can in DS with armour and weapon upgrades and OP magic. The game also loves to try to trick you into running into powerful enemies that can instagib you and punishes you quite often for exploring. (DS rewards you a lot for it in comparison)

BB is only really a struggle in the first area because you dont have any upgrades and it takes some time getting used to the battle system because you cant tank shit, but in turn its easier to get the tools you need to fight all sorts of enemies and you can stock up on vials like candy. Father Gasgoine is a tough fight. I will give you that though, but they give you a headstart on him so it kind of evens out. Plus the gravestones are there to slow him down a bit.

DS starts of pretty ok really. You can just get a club and beat everything outside of capra demon to death almost instantly.
Easy access to the blacksmith and upgrading armour makes the game pretty fair going till Sif anyway. Its just knowing Andre is there in the first place.
>>
File: stokl.png (151KB, 312x307px) Image search: [Google]
stokl.png
151KB, 312x307px
>>376005838
>literally "no" posting
>>
File: sadfrog - old.jpg (22KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog - old.jpg
22KB, 320x300px
>>376006023
>That's sad.
Not as sad as the rest of my life...
>>
>>375990442
Base DaS2. If that's off the table, Bloodborne or DaS1, although the latter (mostly) isn't intentional.
>>
>>376006028
>Father Gasgoine is a tough fight. I will give you that though
BB was my first game, and I was actually disappointed at how easy he was after the Cleric Beast. First time I fought him, it only took me about 20 minutes to beat him. Second time I fought him (NG+), I beat the guy on my first try.
>>
>>376005880
>Even if someone screen caps your stupidity there's nothing linking it to any of your future posts.
except the ID script
>>
>>376006136
How hard is it to reset your router and get a new IP address?
>>
>>376006121
Yeah. Its the second form thats tough about it honestly. But if you come in well prepared and learn its gimmicks it only takes a few tries at most.
The game literally gives you a free pass on him with the trinket thing.
>>
>>376006028
>Father Gasgoine is a tough fight
Father G was a pain in the ass. Before I played it, everybody was talking how the Cleric Beast was supposed to be a tough enemy for DS players or something. Miyazaki supposedly said something like that.
I beat it on first try and felt pretty good about myself and what I've leared about these games. Then Father G ripped me a new one about 5 times in a row.

After him, the game got relatively smooth for the most part. Most bosses are manageable in 1-2 attempts. Biggest problems were AI hunters due to the fucking up stuns. Once I ditched that and just dodged them, they became manageable as well. Ludwig and Kos were the first that ripped me a new one after Father G.
Final boss(es) was surprisingly easy as well(seriously From. How can you make the final boss a simple dude thats stunnable by pistol?)

By the time I rolled into NG+ I thought Father G will be a cake walk since I got used to the game by then, but he did give me some trouble again.
In hindsight, I wish there would have been more relentless bosses. Most bosses often jump back and give you time to reset yourself.
>>
File: 1473432697001.jpg (34KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
1473432697001.jpg
34KB, 312x321px
>>376005986
>Trophies
>achievements
>>
>>376006073
Considering how the beginning of my life was, if you're looking for sympathy, I'd look elsewhere. You're talking to someone who never stayed in one place for more than 2 years for the first quarter century of his life, has gone homeless during a brutal winter, and was constantly (and is still mostly) considered to be a gigantic nerd. Most people don't think I'm gay anymore because I got married, but it was a question asked of me often, even when playing online vidya.

Life is what you make of it, anon.
>>
File: Chasing Amy.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chasing Amy.webm
3MB, 853x480px
I legit find Gascoigne to be one of the harder bosses in the game.
>>
>>375990442
Bloodborne has the chalice dungeons so yeah
>>
>>376003635
>asylum demon
plunging attack, strafe to his butt and kill him

>Bell gargoyles
dodge their attacks, attack back

>capra demon
kill the dog, dodge the attack, attack back

>ceaseless discharge
attack it's finger, instant win

>centipede demon
dodge it's attacks, attack it back

>quelaag
strafe and attack

Priscilla
>dodge attacks, hit her when she shows up easy as pie

Gwyndolin
>hide behind pillars while he's shooting his magic, you literally can't die, beat him up once you get close

>firesage
strafe and hit his ass

>four kings
mash attack to win

>gaping dragon
sidestep his super slow charge and mash attack to win

>Sif
dodge his slow attacks, get in close, attack

>iron golem
literally just whack your sword at his feet and he'll die without touching you, even before you have to drain his health bar fully

>butterfly
hit it with some soul arrows, or dodge it's 2mph magic attacks until it gets tired and literally rests on the walkway where you can press attack to win

>Gwyn
parry, easy win.

>Ornstein and Smough
kite Smough (hint, it's the slower one) and dodge Ornstein's attacks. rinse repeat.

>Pinwheel
press attack to win

>Nito
let it come to you attack, easy.

>Seath
break his crystal, attack his slow, massive body, win.

>Stray demon
strafe to his butt and press attack. Stay behind him (hint, where his AOE butt bomb doesn't reach) attack til he's dead.

>Taurus demon
plunge attack rinse repeat.

>bed of chaos
break a couple power crystals, wait for an opening (invincible during this phase if you stay back) jump inside it, one hit kill.

>Artorias
dodge his attacks, stun him when he's powering up makes him no threat.

>Sanctuary guardian
strafe to it's behind and attack to win

>Kalameet
Good boss fight

>Manus
good boss fight.

Yawn.
>>
>>376006412
How is Gascoigne hard? Just stay behind gravestones and start spinning. In phase 3 open the music box and get a visceral or two r2 in and he only needs one or two more r1 to drop
>>
>>376006338
I didn't know about the trinket my first time, and the second time, I didn't want to fuck with the rhythm I had going.

I honestly think he's probably easier for people unfamiliar to the Souls series, because people like me were never given a shield to use before, so it was easier to adapt to.

I literally had a much tougher time getting past the 2 wolves on the bridge before the Cleric Beast than I did with Gascione.
>>
>>376006442
lmao
>>
DaS3 is infinitely more difficult than BB by virtue of having BB enemies and bosses without the BB player mechanics and gameplay. Anything that is difficult in BB is by definition harder to pull off in DaS3
>>
>>376005869
Because embers are so rare, and you don't get free ones each time you beat a boss.
>>
>>376006484
>he's easy if you cheese him :^)

Right so,

>need to cheese boss
>boss is _____

Goddamn you niggers are stupid.
>>
>>376005606
Because in the other games, it doesn't take me an hour to kill shit.
>>
>>376006560
How is it cheesing him? He is a blood drunk hunter. Only natural he would make mistakes.
>>
>>376006028
>Father Gasgoine is a tough fight
Papa G is only tough because he's basically the casual filter for bloodborne, along with the whole of central yharnam and the cleric beast. Once you know how the game works, Gas Can, Clerig best, and the whole area are fucking nothing. The whole first hour or two of the game is fine tuned to completely fuck casuals until they get a grasp of how the combat works, and that's kind of beautiful to me. It's game design by way of "fuck you git gud". If you aren't good enough to get past them then you have absolutely no hope with the rest of the game, if you are, then it will likely be fairly easy. The first hour of bloodborne is the ultimate "get good or get ye gone" in all of gaming.
>>
>>376006582
>it doesn't take me an hour to kill shit.
What?
>>
>>376006442
>when you're so butthurt you copy a post
priceless
>>
>>376006674
>when you're literally shaking because someone exposed your stupidity.
It's okay, just breathe anon.
>>
>>376006631
People think 3 minutes to kill a boss is too long.
>>
>>376006615
I had trouble with P.G.(>>376006379) but the rest of the game was actually fairly ""easy""(compared to the other Souls games I've played at least. Haven't played 3)

But I agree with what you say. Cleric beast didn't seem more than just a regular Souls boss to me. I just dodged when it attacked and that was it. But Papa G was the first hunter type boss inlcuding beast mode, and it certainly took me a couple attempts to get adjusted to it.
>>
>>376006805
>when you're so butthurt you can't stop making shit up
Amazing
>>
>>376006442
>>376006805
Christ, just kill yourself man. Pathetic.
>>
>>376006615
I dont disagree with you there anon. Its about as fair as it needs to be. It doesnt really punish you that much for fucking up either. Plenty of shortcuts to unlock to get around the area quick, and harder enemies are usually alone to practice on. So even if it starts confusing, you get the hang of it quickly enough out of necessity.

DS3 is worse, in the sense it has areas designed deliberately to trap you so that you die there and then.
>>
On its face, BB is a difficult game though.

The bosses all, or for the most part, do have some blindspot or exploit for the player to use, but the onus is on the player to find them.
>>
>>376006864
Not making anything up, you were exposed.

By the way, still waiting for you to explain which bosses you found to be hard in the Dark Souls main game. You've responded to the posts, yet dodged the question a number of times now. Just breathe.
>>
>>376007006
>hardest boss in the game
That's not defiled Amygdala.
>>
>>376007006
isnt this beast on das3 as a miniboss? what the fuck am i seeing? bb and ds are acturally related?
>>
>>376007236
Pontiff Beasts very probably use Hotdog's rig, but they're not the same enemy.

>>376007206
Is this like next level irony or something? The filename is a joke.
>>
File: sulyvahns beast.jpg (104KB, 768x590px) Image search: [Google]
sulyvahns beast.jpg
104KB, 768x590px
>>376007236
it's definitely heavily inspired. Dark Souls 3 uses a lot of Bloodborne assets.
>>
>>376006995
Some examples:
>Some undead guys worshipping a dead dragon, I'll see if there is any loot back there behind the dragon or up those stairs, wait, where the fuck did these other guys come from, and some fucker is hotting me with projectiles too. Oh shit Im dead.
Im pretty sure you cant see any of the aggro mobs from a distance and the game tells you the worshipping ones are safe to walk past. (Maybe the archer?)
>Some mooks on the roof. Attack them, one instantly transforms as zoon as you get near it and swings in a big arc. Kill it quick or run away instantly else you dead. Went back up the ladder? Hope you got firebombs to bait it now its transformed because as soon as you go back down that ladder its on your ass.
No cue on that whatsoever. Game's just being a dick.
>>
Am I the only one who actually liked that BB was relatively easy?
Compared to the other games it was actually way more fun just going forward through the game.
Actually, that was what I liked most about it.
>>
>>376007143
I'm not even that guy retard. I was just marveling at the butthurt it takes to copy paste a post.
>>
>>376007206
>Amygdala.
Amygdala was easy anon. Just stay behind it and it stomps its foot repeatedly while you attack.
>>
>>376008054
It can still attack you while you're behind/underneath it. Though, the first time I beat it I did stick behind it and whack it's tail forever.

It's easy until it rips it's arms off, then the range is massive, and it can one shot you easily.
>>
>>376008181
I only really remember that foot stomp and the occasional wild flailing in all directions.
>>
>>376008253
Did you fight it in the Defiled chalice? Because the nightmare frontier fight is a piece of cake compared to it.
>>
>>376008483
You talking about this fight?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hf_WwkLgZo
>>
>>376008483
Actually no. I just beat the game once and ignored chalices for the most time(I think I went to depth 3) So that might be it.
>>
>>376008590
>mist in front of the boss room
Hmm I wonder what take this is and how many times he died recording this """"cheese"""
>>
>>375991286
very good b8. well done anon. I'm saving this one.
>>
>>375994263
Pppp>>375994263
>>
>>376008590
Yeah just try fighting this asshole without baiting the jump and whacking it's tail for an eternity.

I was able to beat everything in the game in under 3 attempts, some on my first attempt, even the defiled watchdog and orphan of Kos. (not overleved)

But this guy? I think I probably died about 50 times before I decided to cheese it by baiting the jump. Then the second time I went through with another build I managed to beat it (after another bunch of attempts).
>>
>>376008590
>cheese strategy
>almost dies a bunch of times anyway.

Truly, this is the hardest boss in the series.
>>
File: 1480417870910.jpg (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480417870910.jpg
40KB, 250x250px
>>376001942
>The only time I ever got cursed was when playing DaS1
>Get to DaS3
>Get cursed
>"Oh hell no"
>Come back to life and everything is fine
>>
>>375994108
>DS2 SOTFS made is much worse, an example would be that there's now white knights in Heide's tower of Flame area, and once you beat the are boss, they all agro.
I'm playing through SotfS recently and I too noticed this, but I was thinking that maybe you're supposed to face some areas in co-op? I'm not trying to defend ganks but I noticed that the game provides you with a lot of summons
>>
>>375997293
>>uncle fester comes running in after me and destroys every single chest before I can do anything about it
Wait what?
>>
>>376007919
Nah you're not alone. Its one of the reasons I prefer Bloodborne over Souls by now. The lower difficulty makes a much more fluid experience that imo only works in favor of the game.
>>
>>376008590
here is the stratedgy done properally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2KVH6l9Q6I
>>
>>376000517
I only had to farm when I got to Ludwig because I just kept getting steamrolled, he was the only boss to ever manage to make me go under 20 vials at all in the entire game, even Orphan didn't do that.
>>
>>376010851
Orphan really isn't that bad. I mean, you're going to die a lot to learn all the patterns, but once you have them down, he's pretty easy to manipulate.
>>
>>376010851
>>376011058
>had no trouble with Ludwig or Kos
>get raped by Maria...
I think I might be the only one.
>>
>>376011112
I had trouble with Maria. Took me the better part of an afternoon to beat. Kept getting her pinned up against a wall, and wailing on her with the Reiterpallasch, only to have the camera sperg in the last couple of seconds and for her to just push my shit in.

I probably died half a dozen times with literally no color left on her life bar. A pebble would have probably killed her.

She was fun as fuck, though, so I didn't mind. Still haven't obtained her weapon, but that's more because I just didn't care enough to try fighting 2 sharks at once.
>>
>>375990442
I never played 2, but I felt that 1 had some moments. Stray Demon in DS1 could be a pain if RNGesus dictates he'll spam his magic AoE bullshit. Nobody defends the Bed of Chaos. And then the difficulty just disappears after the 4 Kings.
>>
>>376010027
That's dumb. What's the point in even fighting the boss if it's not going to make you overcome a challenge?
>>
File: pence1.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pence1.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>376011950
>videogames have a point
All that matters is that they entertained you. If you want to be "challenged" go do something constructive like learning something useful to better your life or the life of others.

anyway, the notion that Bloodborne is not the hardest, let alone the easiest, is utterly ludicrous.
>>
DaS2 and 3. Too many gank squads and HP sponges. That series was ruined with the difficulty marketing campaign and how it influenced development of the games. I thought 3 was great in terms of presentation, but it still had some of the worst problems from 2.
>>
>>375997526
>7%
>very rare
>>
>>375990442
Id say 2 is the most unforgiving game in general, not just souls
>>
>>376013906
Try playing Drakengard 2 on Extreme. The weakest enemy in the game will kill a level 100 character in 2 hits. There are hundreds, if not thousands of enemies in every level, and you get 6 healing items (presuming you can afford them - they aren't cheap).
>>
File: extreme gismore tutorial.jpg (55KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
extreme gismore tutorial.jpg
55KB, 640x445px
>>376014005
That game was fun on Extreme. Story still sucked, but it was fun!

https://lparchive.org/Drakengard-2/Update%2060/

>Well, the tutorial battle Gismor took off nearly 50% of my Level 99 Nowe's health with just a single swipe of his sword. So...it's kinda tough going....
>>
But honestly, why do people say the Shrine of Amana is bullshit? Is it a meme or something? I remember rolling through the homing soul darts the Amana thots fired, and using a bow to bait the melee guys into 1v1 fights instead of getting stunlocked to hell and back by the whole group.

And I heard it got nerfed at some point. How big was the nerf?
>>
>>376013543
>oh yeah well if you want to be challenged go outside
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>376014417
kek

It's still a valid point. There is no point to challenging video games, you're living a deluded manchild lie if you think there is. Personally I enjoy a challenging game, so I don't get worked up over it. Easy games are just as valid as hard games.
>>
>>375990442
>most unfair

youd have to define that. i guess i would say ds3 then, because it has the most of those moments where youre staring at some guy for 30 seconds and then you go to swing and a nanosecond later -HE DOES TOO BUT FASTER!!!!!!!!!! WHYD YOU GET HIT WHY DIDNT YOU DODGE????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>375994690
>DSI
>masterpiece
are you ignoring the fact that the second half of the game is complete and utter trash?

tell me you enjoyed the bed of chaos fight
>>
>>376014621
Why are you on a video game board then? Are you saying you're a manchild who enjoys manchild hobbies? Or are you a bigger man child who "pretends" to be retarded?
>>
>>375990442
Only 2 dlcs for DS2 - old iron king and ivory king
>>
>>375990442
Definitely not Bloodborne.
The most unfair was DeS, cause you either had to learn to cheese everything which most people didn't and thus called it unfun or you actually learn to play and thus ruin the "surprises" for every other subsequent game.
>>
>>376018043
Just an asside. Most people claim the PvP became "fair" for DS1 onward. No one even fucking hints at that notion for DeS. You're either getting scraping speared or fucking shat on by magic.
>>
>>376004426
d-delet this its ok when miyazaki does it
>>
File: 041216-220919862-big.jpg (128KB, 768x590px) Image search: [Google]
041216-220919862-big.jpg
128KB, 768x590px
These guys aren't fair ;(
>>
File: 1487368364449.jpg (23KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
1487368364449.jpg
23KB, 480x356px
I've never played a souls game and I just started Dark Souls II, how boned am I?
>>
If bloodborne is a souls game, should we start calling fallout an elder scrolls title?
>>
>>376022140

No, because that actually has significant differences.
>>
>>376020026
just use fire you stupid retard.
Thread posts: 405
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.