[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the piss poor optimization that devs puke out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: battlegrounds.jpg (327KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
battlegrounds.jpg
327KB, 1280x720px
What's with the piss poor optimization that devs puke out these days? How is this acceptable? I honestly wouldn't suggest anyone get into PC gaming in 2017, shilling out big bucks for the same shitty performance you'd get out of a console.

I have an i5 6500 and a gtx 1060. And the dips I get from amazing performance to shit performance in videogames makes me hesitant about even buying new games

>inb4 lel buying games
(pirating isn't going to help the industry either)
>>
File: 1492545564704.png (448KB, 846x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492545564704.png
448KB, 846x900px
>Indie early access games
>WHY IS THIS SO POORLY OPTIMIZED?!
>>
Anybody who buys games at release is a fucking idiot and deserves that shit, by the time I catch up to you, that game is cheaper, with a performance patch and DLC I might think about picking up with the money I didn't spend buying it at release.
>>
>>375990513
>early access
>it'll be different after it ACTUALLY comes out I promise!
>>
>>375990232
Here's a fucking tip

Don't play early access garbage designed for 14 year olds

You're fucking welcome
>>
>>375990623
You can preorder a Battlefront 2 key for like $38 from CDKeys. You're autistic if you pay full price for PC games
>>
It's not just the OP. People with $1000~ cards (Titan X) still get frame drops into the 40s. This isn't just "unoptimized," it's literally a piece of shit.
>>
Why bother optimizing when you can just get better hardware :^)
>>
>>375990232

Get a refund from steam. I did.
>>
>>375990832
>coming out of early access
nice meme
>>
>>375991219
You can also pirate for 0 dollars, you cuck.
>>
>>375991512
>Pirating a mostly online games

Just have a (You)
>>
More importantly, why do you buy unfinished games instead of using the thousands of review sites and media outlets who reported on various issues with the game so you can avoid purchasing a severely flawed product?
>>
>>375992076
That's because almost any modern game nowadays will always be flawed since we can just make broken games then patch it every other day if we feel like it. See FF15 for more
>>
>>375990232
Why would you expect an early access game to be optimized? They give you a warning before buying early access games btw
>>
>>375991117
alright, what do you play then?
>>
File: ramsignedmailer.jpg (103KB, 350x506px) Image search: [Google]
ramsignedmailer.jpg
103KB, 350x506px
>>375990232
>Screenshotting shitty youtube compression
>pretending thats the actual visuals
>too much of a poorfag to actually own vidya
>just whines about it on 4chan instead
>>
>>375990232
What's the objective of this game? Just run around and kill or be killed?
>>
I still can't comprehend the fact that there are really people who buys and plays shit like that.
>>
>>375990232

Prey runs perfectly fine atleast
>>
>>375992159
And it never occurred to you that stopping to buy software until it's in fact working well or rather reported to be working well is smarter than just buying (or even pre-ordering) any garbage marketing departments and all the paid shills they employ try to force down your throat?
There's a reason why reviews exist and thanks to the internet making it easy to publish and spread information there are now so many reviewers coming from different backgrounds and angles that you can just go with the authors who reflect your own views and concerns the most so you get a solid recommendation.
>>
>>375992463
It's pretty much hunger games.

Be the last one alive.
>>
>>375992869
You're acting like people are going to just stop buying games all of a sudden because of the state of the market. That's never going to happen.
>>
>>375992869
yeah and battlegrounds gotten good reviews, So THAT worked pretty well hey?
>>
>>375990832
I'm pretty sure his point is these games are shit cash grabs top to bottom so you shouldn't expect anything related to optimization at all
>>
because they do public "alphas" and betas" before the game is actually released
>>
>>375990232
Should have bought the 6GB model.
>>
>>375992259
Something else
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.