[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was going to be the greatest game ever created and they cancelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: Jai5gZu[1].jpg (220KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jai5gZu[1].jpg
220KB, 768x768px
It was going to be the greatest game ever created and they cancelled it.

> Made by Platinum Games: Our lord and savior.
> Had Dragons: About time somebody came up with an original idea.
> Was a third person shooter: Officially confirmed to not be Call of Duty.
> Had a leveling up system: Like Skyrim but with dragons.
> Main character's name was Drew: It's like they get us.

Anyone else sad to see this let go?
>>
>>375979601
No but I feel like shitting on Microsoft now
>>
The gameplay from E3 was boring to watch.
>>
Please ignore OP's obvious exaggerations trolling and let's focus instead on one thing:

How do you feel at this point about Scalebeound being cancelled?
>>
File: 1484197744920.png (528KB, 810x296px) Image search: [Google]
1484197744920.png
528KB, 810x296px
>>
>>375979601
I didn't think it looked all that great, but it being cancelled is one less reason to give a fuck about the Xbone.
>>
I can't wait to see it come back under a different name, with a little girl as the main character. Like it was originally intended.
>>
>epic wubstep
>generic hack and slash combos
>press x to dragon
>>
>>375979601
>caring about anything Platinum does after the garbage that was Nier Automata
>>
This is what happens when you trust the western companies like microsoft, this isnt the first time it has happened. Remember true fantasy live online?
>>
>>375979969
Take your (You) and just leave
>>
>>375979601
Only platinumdrones were excited about it. Anyone remotely reasonable had no hype for this after the first trailer.
>>
>>375979973
The west shitting on japan is a good thing. Two nukes made japan into your beloved anime heaven.
>>
>>375979601
>gayest looking main character alive
>dragons + guns + weeb shit = jarring design
>gameplay videos looked trash
>world looked empty apart from 2 characters and 2 dragons
>entire premise is a shit niche game

it was going to be the worst game ever and they cancelled it because of that reason.
>>
>>375979601
the game was shit
shitty gameplay
terrible character design
shitty multiplayer trash
>>
>>375979601
Get over it, anon. It looked fucking terrible.
>>
>>375979731
Meh. It looked like a mess at E3, and outside Platinum's american licensed properties was the only game I never really gave a shit about from them.

With that said, what the hell is going on with Microsoft and exclusives? Almost everything announced early on has either been delayed, cancelled, or multiplatform.
>>
>>375979973
>remember true fantasy live online
...No?
>>
>>375979736
Eh
>>
>>375979601
Microsoft pushing Kamiya to put shit in the game he didn't want.
It was probably for the best
>>
>>375980425
True Fantasy Live Online was supposed to be a Japanese-made MMO for the original Xbox (Level 5 was making it).

Had a ton of early press and coverage, and then was cancelled out of the blue.
>>
>>375979731
disappointed because we don't get enough dragon games but glad because I won't have to deal with that annoying protagonist
>>
>>375979601
You are a literal weeb if you think this game looked good. It looked incredibly boring. The only way you could think this looked good is if you literally eat anything Japan shits out. Microsoft cancelled it because it was most likely becoming more and more trashier. Weebs think they cancelled it because they're western.
>>
>>375979601
By the time of the multiplayer e3 trailer the game didn't even resemble what it was meant to be (final fantasy XV spliced with DMC.). Microsoft had been fucking with development from the get go to make it less platinum and more AAA because the bone has few killer apps. Easier fights, dumbed down combat, forced multiplayer, etc. There was no way this game was going to be good with all that executive meddling, so platinum killed it.
>>
File: 1456198561651.jpg (196KB, 943x789px) Image search: [Google]
1456198561651.jpg
196KB, 943x789px
>>375979601
>literally every game kamiya made is good
>microsoft nopes out kamiya's new game because singleplayer games aren't relevant anymore

This is the future you people chose for when you bought an Xbone. Now enjoy it.
>>
>>375979601
Kamiya and platinum just couldn't handle a project of this scale. They can only make small sized action games.
>>
>>375980565
Eh. Nothing lost then. A Japanese MMO thats xbox exclusive would probably be like playing a Massively Online Singleplayer game.
>>
All the gameplay footage looked like shit
>>
>>375979731
Disappointed because I believed in PlatinumGames and I believe in Hideki Kamiya. Them developing the game pretty much assured that I would've checked it out at some point. I fully believe that it had potential to be something incredible.

But I'm also relieved because now I have almost no reason to get an Xbone now.
>>
>>375979973
This isn't even a microsoft/western exclusive problem. Executive meddling will always be the bane of art. Microsoft wanted Scalebound to be something it was never intended to be and the game died because of that. All devs should take the nintendo approach and let devs run wild and only reign them in if they stop functioning. look at metroid prime's development for reference. Nintedo meddled multiple times but it wasn't "yo add this, change this, and toss out a good half of the original concept" it was always constructive.
>>
>>375981229
>they need to be like muh nintendo
Fuck off, Nintendo ruined rare with their meddling.
>>
Is it me or the gameplay that was shown for Scalebound seemed like "fake" gameplay?

It looked like a benchmark tool running. I'm not even sure the actual game existed.
>>
Did they developed this for like 3 years right? Does MS own the name? Cant platinum do anything?
>>
>>375980974
>just couldn't handle a project of this scale
That's thing anon, the game was never supposed to be "this scale". It was supposed to be a slightly bigger version of the games they normally made. Microsoft made it into a MMO-lite. The multiplayer didn't even make sense in the context, showing how tacked on it was. honestly this game was a development horror story.

>>375981356
No they didn't rare ruined rare. the worst thing that happened to rare was being sold to microsoft.
>>
>>375979601
>>375979731
Feel absolutely nothing. It looked like garbage day 1, and even up to death it looked like garbage
>>
>>375981547
Rare wanted to make a game called Dinosaur Planet. Nintendo forced them to cancel it and make Starfox Adventures with the leftovers.
>>
>>375979601
What you guys would do if Nintendo announces they bought scalebound IP and revive it for the switch? I mean, they did it with Bayonetta (except buying the IP, but they did buy exclusive rights for Bayonetta 2).
>>
File: disgusted face.jpg (59KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted face.jpg
59KB, 450x450px
>>375981086

This. The E3 presentation wasn't FF15 levels of shit, but it was still pretty bad.
>plinking arrows at a giant enemy crab's zits for 5 minutes and then killing it with a canned animation

It probably would've been Platinum's Devil's Third had it come out.
>>
>>375981698
This is the most retarded thing I have heard in quite a while. Scalebound as an IP has zero appeal or market value. Just make some new dragon IP if you need to.
>>
>>375981698
Buy a Switch in a heartbeat.

>>375981489
Since Scalebound was the first game Platinum wanted to make from the start, I'm sure Kamiya and Platinum won't let this idea die and they'll just move forward with Boundscale.
>>
>>375981698
The Xbone couldnt handle it, how the fuck would the Switch possibly run it?
>>
>>375981698
the game was originally developed for the Wii, with the idea of beign a "dragon commander" of sorts.
the game shifted its focus so many times, it seems like plat didn't know what to do with the game themselves.
It didn't looked good, nor fun.
It was an interesting idea but the lack of focus and direction can kill even the best ideas.
revengeance has been almost scrapped for this, before plat literally saved the game in literally a couple of weeks.
>>
>>375981870
It would be worthy just to see /v/...no, EVERYONE lose their shit, like with Bayonetta 2.
>>
>>375981698
Still think it's a shit game and watch drones do a 180 and start eating it up just because it's a switch exclusive
>>
>>375981694
To be fair, Dinosaur Planet looked like shit to begin with. Not saying what Nintendo did was right or that SFA was good, but it always looked like it was meh at best.
>>
>>375981229
Nintendo meddle the fuck with Star Fox Zero
>>
>was going to be best

no, it was shit. The gameplay they showed was a generic boring button smasher withou essence at all
>>
>>375982039
To be fair, that one wasn't platinum games project from the ground, they just were hired to help to finish it, like when retro games helped to finish mario kart 7.
>>
To everyone saying that the gameplay was shut, that was MS's fault. If seems they didn't show a more awesome gameplay trailer other than in private events.
>>
File: laughing babbies.jpg (21KB, 586x440px) Image search: [Google]
laughing babbies.jpg
21KB, 586x440px
>>375979601

The art assets that Plat owns are going toward the Drakengard remaster.

Thanks MS

>Drew

jesus that's like a step away from chad
>>
Cool looking dragon
not so cool looking game

Dragon looks bad ass but it's a shame that it will only be remembered by a cancelled game.
>>
Now Kamiya won't be working with Microsoft ever again, what do you hope he does next?

>work on a multiplatform game for PS4 and Switch
>work with Sony for a PS4 exclusive
>work with Nintendo for a Switch exclusive
>>
>>375982021
The footage that exists is just better OoT combat and that was early alpha shit.
>>
>>375979687

This. It looked like basic platinum games action with dragon shit going on in the background.
>>
>>375979731
Looked mediocre as hell, MS dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>375979731
Ecstatic, because now I have literally zero reason to own an XBone.
>>
>>375982614
platinum doesn't own anything about this game, microsoft owns it.
>>
>>375979601
It's their fault for being incompetent and not finishing the fucking game when they had years to do so.
>b-b-but microsoft
no fuck off

>>375979731
Disappointed on Platinum.
>>
File: Hideki Kamiya.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hideki Kamiya.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
Why was Kamiya so pissed over Microsoft cancelling it?
>>
>>375983078
Probably will go the Kojima route and sign a 2nd party exclusive deal with Sony and "make the game hes always wanted to make".
>>
>>375979731
I thought it looked retarded and was specially designed to pander to the lowest common denominator in the market.

I want a dragon game.

But not like this.
>>
>>375979736
Those sneaky fucks
>>
>>375979601
>Was a third person shooter: Officially confirmed to not be Call of Duty.

le tips fedora
>>
>>375979601
Don't kid yourself falsefagger. The game looked like shovelware from the beginning.

Microsoft already won this front anyway, in 2008. Ninja Gaiden 2 will never be topped.
>>
>>375983078
I hope it's the third and one of these three:

>The Wonderful 1,001 '
>Bayonetta 3
>Bayonetta x Devil May Cry
>>
I really don't get this meme why people liked it.

The concept is good but the gameplay looked so damn bad. Like really 15 fps bad.

Microsoft pumped a lot of money in them and they did basically nothing with it so I don't see the problem with them canceling it.
>>
>>375984132
Bayo 3 is already in development.
Capcom hates DMC.
W102 would be cool and something Kamiya would want to be an advisor on while he creates a new and original game, which he always does.
>>
personally i think platinum is massively overrated
>>
>>375981698
Game was looking pretty bad so i wouldnt be excited at all
>>
>>375984305
>Bayo 3 is already in development.
Source, other than your ass?
>Capcom hates DMC.
Well there's that rumor that they're developing 5 right now and might unveil it sometime this year.
>W102 would be cool and something Kamiya would want to be an advisor on while he creates a new and original game, which he always does.
I hope not. Considering that Bayonetta 2 really wasn't as good as the first game, I think it'd be for the best if Kamiya himself actually directed the sequel.
>>
>>375984619
>Source
It's been teased since Bayo was released on PC. Check their youtube page.
>Well there's that rumor that they're developing 5 right now
This rumor has been going on for years now. It'd be cool and DMC4 sold well enough for them to consider going back to that formula, but expecting that from modern Capcom is like expecting them to make a Viewtiful Joe 3.
>I hope not.
Hopes don't change the fact Kamiya hasn't directed a single sequel to a game he has directed before and just wants to create new games.
>>
>>375979601
It will happen OP
>>
>>375979601
>It was going to be the greatest game ever created

I doubt that, it was clear there were issues from the first bits of footage, but it was still a Kamiya game and probably would have been a great experience. The problem is that Microsoft a shit and values visuals over framerate, which could very well be why they split ways with Platinum and cancelled the game. Kamiya can be incredibly stubborn and must have hated how poorly the game ran. I'm sure there were also other issues with Microsoft that we'll never ever know about. Maybe the co-op feature, that felt pretty forced.

Hopefully Kamiya is working on a new game now. Maybe Bayo3.
>>
>>375983595
Because he's a whiny manchild who mostly makes mediocre vidya that his fanboys suck down.
>>
>>375983595
Microsoft probably forced a lot of shit on him (prioritizing visuals over framerate, generic protagonist, co-op) and so he got annoyed and kept butting heads with them.
>>
>>375984905
>It's been teased since Bayo was released on PC. Check their youtube page.
Where is it? All I see is a bunch of Bayo 1 videos.
>This rumor has been going on for years now. It'd be cool and DMC4 sold well enough for them to consider going back to that formula, but expecting that from modern Capcom is like expecting them to make a Viewtiful Joe 3.
DMC is far more popular than VJ ever was. I know this is modern Capcom but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually developing the game either.
>Hopes don't change the fact Kamiya hasn't directed a single sequel to a game he has directed before and just wants to create new games.
That's true.
>>
>>375979601
Microsoft cancelled Phantom Dust Remake and still didn't give up on the idea, this year we will get Phantom Dust Remaster and of course they are using the assets from the Remake.

It's very likely that they will do the same with Scalebound, they can't simply thrown away years of development. At least i think so.
>>
>>375979731
It didn't really look very good and I didn't want to deal with an Xbone or Windows 10. Too bad for Kamiya, but good for me.
>>
>>375979601
>like skyrim but with dragons
you got a kek out of me, looked like shit from the beginning
>>
>>375985860
> All I see is a bunch of Bayo 1 videos.
Watch the videos and you'll notice a simple pattern.
>DMC is far more popular than VJ ever was
I know, but that was my point too. Modern Capcom just wouldn't care about those older games in those older states, no matter how popular they were back then. Look at RE. They reimagined it with RE7 for modern audiences and have been teasing a RE2make in the same vein as REmake for ages yet nothing has been said since it was first teased years ago. Instead, we got remasters of REmake and RE0, much like how we got a remaster of DMC4 and absolutely nothing since then, almost 2 years ago.
>>
>>375981954
Shitty bait.
>>
>>375981229
Nintendo supervises the fuck out of their studios though.
>>
>>375979736
Subliminal messaging?
>>
>>375986559
>Watch the videos and you'll notice a simple pattern.
What's the fucking pattern?
>I know, but that was my point too. Modern Capcom just wouldn't care about those older games in those older states, no matter how popular they were back then. Look at RE. They reimagined it with RE7 for modern audiences and have been teasing a RE2make in the same vein as REmake for ages yet nothing has been said since it was first teased years ago. Instead, we got remasters of REmake and RE0, much like how we got a remaster of DMC4 and absolutely nothing since then, almost 2 years ago.
REmake 2 IS supposedly coming though. It doesn't surprise me that they'd keep a tight lid on it. They supposedly have multiple titles that they've been working on that they haven't unveiled yet. Hell, MvC:I has been in development since like, 2014 and it only got shown off just December of last year. Give it time.
>>
>>375987878
>What's the fucking pattern?
They all play 3 times.
>Give it time.
I can only give it time, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. It already got destroyed once by them with MML3. Never again. Regarding MvC:I though, it only makes sense Capcom tries to capitalize from the incredible profitability of the Capcom cinematic universe, which is why the Marvel characters in MvC:I are mostly inspired by the cinematic universe.
>>
File: scalebound.png (344KB, 1042x1158px) Image search: [Google]
scalebound.png
344KB, 1042x1158px
get outta here
>>
>>375988459
>They all play 3 times.
Oh fuck, you're right.
>I can only give it time, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. It already got destroyed once by them with MML3. Never again.
Yeah, I feel you. I'm still holding out on DMC5 and really hoping that rumor turns out to be true. I mean, they can't be so stupid that they just wouldn't make a highly anticipated sequel to one of their highest selling IPs, right?
>Regarding MvC:I though, it only makes sense Capcom tries to capitalize from the incredible profitability of the Capcom cinematic universe, which is why the Marvel characters in MvC:I are mostly inspired by the cinematic universe.
Supposedly, X-Men characters are a possibility. It's just not MAHVEL without mainstays like Magneto, Wolverine, or Storm. And I want my dude Cyclops back too.
>>
File: 1419533342490.jpg (75KB, 1274x708px) Image search: [Google]
1419533342490.jpg
75KB, 1274x708px
>>375979731
microsoft meddled like they always do and killed the game, it was for the best

now kamiya can work on switch games with full creative freedom and make Not-Scalebound a Nintendo exclusive
>>
File: 842384.jpg (567KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
842384.jpg
567KB, 1280x720px
>>375989508
>they can't be so stupid
They cancelled all Mega Man games outright, so, maybe?
>X-Men characters are a possibility.
Possiblity, but not confirmed, and I wouldn't be surprised if Disney stipulates Capcom to not use X-Men characters since they have been actively hating on X-Men in recent years due to their competition with Fox. I would actually be stupidly funny, since the MvC series literally started as an X-Men fighting game in the arcade.

But that's it for me. I'm going for some shut-eye now. Even if Capcom stays dumb and doesn't make DMC5, at least now you know you can look forward to Bayo 3. The interesting question now is "what platform is Bayo 3 going to be released on"?
>>
File: hello.jpg (406KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
406KB, 900x1200px
>>375979731
I wanted to see what they could do with it, but honestly what we saw wasn't that exciting.
There was a random gamefaqs or something post that I don't know if it ever got confirmed, but apparently there was an inhouse demo someone got to try that was infinitely cooler than any of the shit we saw though. Cuhrayzee combos where you were switching between controlling the dragon and the douche protagonist on the fly, knocking enemies back and forth between you and shit, and it sounded amazing, but again I don't know if it was true or not. And I'm not sure which accounts of who is to blame for the game's cancellation are correct either. Microsoft is definitely not an easy company to work for though, so I tend to side with the devs.

I really hope someone else gives Kamiya a chance to make his dream dragon game though. Really, it might even be for the best. Scalebound was pretty much the only reason I was considering switching to Windows 10, so now I don't have to bother.

Thinking about it a bit, this is a big opportunity for Sony. Imagine if in a year or two they announce a totally-not-Scalebound game by Platinum, without the annoying protagonist and dubstep, and without forcing any meme features like Souls style multiplayer or whatever Microsoft was doing.
It would sell more PS5s than Bloodborne did PS4s
>>
>>375990153
>They cancelled all Mega Man games outright, so, maybe?
I love MM but MM games have never really sold all that much outside of the NES and SNES games.

>But that's it for me. I'm going for some shut-eye now.
Night, anon.

>The interesting question now is "what platform is Bayo 3 going to be released on"?
Hopefully, the Switch.
>>
The gameplay we saw looked absolutely horrible. I didn't understand how they could've fucked that up. I was hype to high hell when I first heard about it and saw the images. I legitimately thought that I might eventually get a Xbox to play it.

What happened?
>>
>>375979736
What did Xbox mean by this?
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.