[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Divine Beasts in BoTW are brilliant. Only plebs can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: zelda_botw_guide_naboris-1.jpg (353KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_botw_guide_naboris-1.jpg
353KB, 1280x720px
The Divine Beasts in BoTW are brilliant. Only plebs can't appreciate the great concept and level design.
>>
>>375979056
>extra large shrines
>good

pick one
>>
>>375979056
gosh I know right?
>fight bosses now
>or fight bosses later
hmmm so brilliant design
>>
>>375979056
have the puzzles in legend of Zelda always been this easy? this is my first legend of Zelda game and I can figure out the puzzles in the shrines and divine beast in like 30 seconds. But I suck at the combat though
>>
>>375979056
Don't expect /v/ kiddies to agree with you. I'd assume it took Nintendo more time to design something like Vah Naboris compared to The Water Temple in OoT.
>>
File: depressed.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
depressed.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>375979056
>beat divine beast
>sky is now permananently scarred by giant red laser pointing to hyrule castle
>no longer can pretend the game has good graphics cause every fucking panaroma landscape scene now has a giant fucking laser streaking across the sky
>beat another divine beast
>now there's two giant lasers just ruining everything from every square foot of the world
>>
>>375979379
Zelda puzzles have never really been difficult, but BotW puzzles are particularly shit.

You immediately know you need to stasis, cryo, or magnet something, which makes it all pointless and tedious.
>>
>>375979056
I loved the puzzles. But damn they were so short. I really wish they went more towards the whole majora's mask type of dungeon at least.

I have no regrets for playing the game. It was fun in the general sense. I have Highhope's for Nintendo when they make a new Zelda game that combines elements of this game and with some of the previous ones with more traditional puzzle solving techniques.
>>
>>375979787
^THIS
>>
Divine Beasts are the most creative concept in the Zelda series in a long time.
>>
>>375979379
>>375979838
BotW's are so shit, the shrine tells you what to do in the Shrine subtitle.
>>
>>375979320
what the fuck do you even mean nigger?
>>
>>375980042
He means you fight the bosses now, or you fight the bosses later
>>
File: 1413699252479.jpg (27KB, 288x314px) Image search: [Google]
1413699252479.jpg
27KB, 288x314px
>>375980042
He probably doesn't like how Nintendo made the same mistake they did in link between worlds with this game.
>>
File: RAGE.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.png
19KB, 300x309px
>>375979787
>Beat dungeon in older zelda
>world looks better because of it, like you excorcised some evil from the land

>beat shit in botw
>world looks worse

i swear the point of this game is to literally not do any of the optional shit which is why it's even optional in the first place. a dozen shrines and ganon is like the only merit this fuckin shit has as a game.

TERRIBLE, miserable game design that's totally anti fun
>>
Y'all are going to call me either an autist or a liar, but I had the idea of giant walking dungeons in Zelda like 10 year ago. Mine were is massive underground caverns, but still.
>>
All you faggots who say that the shrines are too easy didn't even finish all 120 of them.
>>
>>375980410
I have no problem admitting that there are plenty of decent or even good shrines in the game. The problem is that most of the rest of them are boring, and every single one of them is ugly.
>>
I didnt LOVE botw but desu the boss fights at each divine beasts was one of the only times i was sweatin and my heart was pounding ina video game. Dont even really know why
>>
>>375979056
They're patrician as fuck. Also, only faggots bitch about the divine beasts being easy considering that they're still harder than most 3d zelda dungeons.
>>
>>375980175
>you can do the dungeons in any order!
>but you also trade actually increasing difficulty and challenge the further you get since dungeon a can't be harder than dungeon's b,c,d,e,f when any could have been the first

I was hoping that the absolute garbage sales of ALBW would have suggested to Nintendo that it wasn't a fun game and that design was pointless.

seems the only respond to positive sales, not negative ones.
>If it sells like shit, change nothing
>if it sells great, change nothing and say it's because everyone likes it

fuck me in the ass. Selling more than 100k copies of their internal games is probably inane profit for them so they have no real semblance of comparison. so what if it didn't sell great, it sold more than enough!
>>
Nintendo should make main dungeons mandatory, but allow you to beat them in any order. And they get harder as you beat other dungeons.
>>
>People are starting to shit on Breath of the Wild

Good, good
Let the cycle start anew
>>
>>375980910
This. Something like a blood moon working for dungeons plus the level mechanics of Mega Man X1 and X6 (but not shit)

>>375980952
>starting
>>
I didn't like them. I was so excited to find dungeons in the game, and coming to those beasts was the biggest punch I faced in this game. I was so pissed off, I wanted to do everything but the beasts. It took me near two weeks to even consider going to Death Mountain and by then I just muscled in Hyrule Castle without touching the lizard.
>>
>>375980910
this usurps proper dungeon design and just reduced increased difficulty to harder enemies.

dungeons should be relatively linear as they'd always been, while their puzzles AND combat and enemies and room layout all get progressively harder / larger / whatever.
>>
My thoughts after beating the game:
>Exploration was the best part of this game. Loved getting lost in this world.
>Cooking was more fun than expected, but being able to pause the game and load up during a battle made it too easy.
>Shrines were fun overall, but most puzzles were too easy and short. Also, the "test of strength" shrines were filler. I'd rather not have them.
>I wish there were dungeons (maybe the Yiga Clan HQ could be a dungeon, but it was required to beat one of the divine beasts).
>Divine beasts were fun overall, but the bosses were too weak and similar.

Despite these faults, this is a great game to just chill out with, and it's still the best Zelda game in ages.
>>
>>375980639
You must fucking suck at video games then.
>>
>>375981313
People who say it's the best zelda game have never played more than 2 zelda games, i'm almost certain.

or they're nintendo treehouse employees.

"exploration" is basically the only thing the game has and even at that, it doesn't really excel given how normie the world looks. It doesn't have real crazy archicture or world design like 99% of JRPGS - it's just Skyrim's world but with significantly less realistic graphics.
>>
>>375979056
They were really well designed. Just wish they were longer.
>>
They're awesome indeed.

>realizing that you could move the elephant trunk for the first time

GOAT
>>
I hated them, only one I liked was the wind one
>>
>>375981571
It's certainly way better than anything after MM
>>
I absolutely love the concept of exploring mechanical beasts as dungeons, it's an unique idea that's open to cool stuff like the elephant one's trunk or the tilting. That said, execution could have been better, they could have had better enemy variety and more movements you could do with the actual mechanical beasts. Still made for a good time, I don't see why people shit on them so much, just for straying off the typical zelda dungeon cycle that has been done to death.
>>
>>375981571
>People who say it's the best zelda game have never played more than 2 zelda games, i'm almost certain.

I've played every Zelda game and BoTW is the best one easily. Shit I even went back and tried TP again after years and it was a fucking joke compared to BoTW. What now faggot?
>>
>Triforce of Power: destruction magic
>Triforce of Wisdom: illusion and transfiguration magic
>Triforce of Courage: ____ magic
???
>>
>>375980753
>but you also trade actually increasing difficulty and challenge the further you get since dungeon a can't be harder than dungeon's b,c,d,e,f when any could have been the first
There's no real reason they can't make some dungeons harder than others when they can be done in any order. Dungeons in Zelda 1 could be done in a bunch of different orders but some were still harder than others.
You'd have to go out of your way to do them in a specific order if you wanted each of them to be harder than the last, though.
>>
>>375979379
>>375979838
>>375979975
The game had to be designed in a way so that children could complete the shrines and divine beasts. Thats why getting the bonus chests is typically harder than just completing the shrine.
>>
>>375979379
>>375979838
I'd actually say BotW's dungeons are harder than other zelda puzzles, albeit not by much.
>>
>>375981897
>the only one I liked was the worst one
the fuck, anon?
>>
>>375981571
Okay, fine, it's the most fun that I've had with a Zelda game since I have played OoT, which came out when I was in grade school. Every other Zelda that I have played has ben meh (Wind Waker has its moments). TBF, the only handheld Zelda that I have played is Link's Awakening, but I have played every console Zelda since OoT plus the original and Link to the Past.
>>
>>375982587
This. Dungeons layouts mattered again and navigation was the puzzle.
>>
File: 1353074479240.jpg (55KB, 450x656px) Image search: [Google]
1353074479240.jpg
55KB, 450x656px
>>375983232
Saiyan physiology. Seriously, got some good Dragon Ball vibes from how Link is characterized in this game.
>>
>>375979056
They're honestly not a bad attempt, this is probably the best Zelda were the design of the dungueons is super organic to the world and lore, the main problem is that that design achievement comes with repetition, and these 4 being basically the only dungeons in the game makes them feel super short too.

I feel the main problem was the shrines, if instead of having 120 shrines, we had like 9 extra dungeons (trying to have 1 per region excluding beasts and hyrule castle) with different themes the game would have been better, keep the beasts but add more dungeons that don't look the same and don't feel so short.
>>
>>375983232
triforce of wisom is straight up just time manipulation.
>>
>>375984559
The bird was fine. Why does everyone hate it?
>>
>>375987216
it's the weakest of the 4, too short and easier than the others. It even has the weakest quest leading up to it. Great music, though.
>>
>>375987349
Quest was terrible yes, but I thought the bird dungeon itself was fun. Not hard, but flying from one end to the other after tilting it, into and out of windows, and all of the mechanisms that utilized sliding and stasis were fun. Plus there's the sheer spectacle of it actually flying around above the world.
>>
>>375979320
you forgot
>or just fight some bosses, not all
>or dont fight any boss at all
>>
>>375987760
it was fine on its own, but still weaker than the other 3
>>
>>375988070
Sure. That's fair.
>>
>>375988124
I love how people who discuss BOTW in a positive light aren't combative idiots.

This game is master class.
>>
>>375985645
But shrines encourage exploration, if you take them away then the "barren world" meme would actually become a reality.
>>
File: 1489742153083.gif (897KB, 224x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489742153083.gif
897KB, 224x233px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PqXj1DQrqA
>yfw
>>
>>375980042
He means that he doesn't care about setting your own pacing for max adventuring.
>>
>>375988580
Yeah, in a perfect world I would like shrines and extra dungueons, but I'm not sure if that's possible, perhaps something else? better treasures? environmental puzzles a la koroks but with better rewards, or perhaps better npc quests?
>>
>>375979056
>only four of them
>short as fuck
>guidance stones
>annoying champion voices that handhold you every time
>the champions are terrible boring generic characters who you have zero reason to give a fuck about (and have to share screentime with your other racial companion characters that are actually alive)
>same "move the beast" gimmick every time with slight variations
>puzzles are limited because you only have four runes to use
>only non-boss enemies are tiny guardians and those eyeballs that spawn ghosts
>uninspired bosses
>samey aesthetics
>can't go back inside once you beat the boss (because muh plot)

"Brilliant" my fucking ass.
>>
>>375988580
Instead of shrines you discover dungeons, would be a lot better. Having a shrine be the reward for anything even remotely complex was boring as fuck. Like what was even the point of blessing shrines? Should have just stuck the orb and chest right on the ground.
>>
>>375989070
>guidance stones
nigga what, there's no guidance stones in them?
>same "move the beast" gimmick every time with slight variations
I don't see how this is a negative, it was a good idea and actually turned the dungeon layouts into a puzzle, where most Zelda games (especially the 3D ones) have linear dungeon progression poorly disguised as more complicated layouts.
>puzzles are limited because you only have four runes to use
I thought the puzzles were decent since they took advantage of the moving parts of the dungeons more than the runes, the moving dungeon parts were basically their replacement for dungeon items of past games.
>only non-boss enemies are tiny guardians and those eyeballs that spawn ghosts
they're puzzle-focused, I prefer it that way personally (though more like Hyrule Castle would be great for the next game)
>uninspired bosses
I thought the fights themselves were decent as far as zelda bosses go, though the samey designs were lame
>can't go back inside once you beat the boss (because muh plot)
Yes you can, just don't activate their brain-thing and you can come back to it. Although, I'm, not sure why you'd want to re-enter them as once you have solved everything there's no reason to go back.
>>
>>375989070
>>375990084
oops I got guidance stones mixed up with spiritual stones. Still not sure why you list that as a negative, though.
>>
>>375989021
I think people's main problem with Shrines is that they all look the same. Would've been nice if there had been a handful of different tilesets.
>>
>>375990534
That would be nice too, but since they're all sheikah made and part of a ritual it makes sense they look the same, not saying is not a problem, but I also think they being too different from each other would be weird.

Again, with extra full fledged, different looking dungeons, like palaces or caves or temples, I could be more forgiving of shrines, maybe just fix some of the most lame ones.
>>
Divine Beasts are like a personified version of Nintendo taking everything we loved about Skyward Sword and taking a massive elephant shit on it with BoTW
>>
>>375989330
A blessing shrine at least has some justification and ceremony. It's better than just a heart piece, which is the only other way it would've been.
>>
>>375983232
courage itself is Link's ability
>>
>>375979650
>>375979056

I also thought the divine beast level designs were amazing. "They thought that?" while I played them.
>>
>>375988597
>tfw the track that plays when the divine beasts get into position is nowhere to be fun
shit got me pumped up everytime I finished a dungeon, don't know why
>>
>>375979379
You must be fucking kidding, 100%ing the desert and volcano ones were so FUCKING HARD. Not a single Zelda puzzle in the past were this hard.
>>
>>375990084
I loved how all of the dungeon mechanisms in the game consisted of logical physical parts, like how the water wheel in Ruta actually works.
>>
Thunderblight > Windblight > Waterblight > Fireblight Ganon

I don't really like Fireblight Ganon's design for reminding me too much of ludwig von koopa. I found them all to be enjoyable fights, especially Thunderblight,
>>
>>375987349
I'm guessing the order goes bird, lizard, elephant, camel based on their difficulty and the length of the areas prior.
>>
>>375981826

>You can tilt the lizard one way or another way

Great puzzle
>>
>>375991246
All of the bosses in the game except for Windblight made me feel like a dumbass afterwards. Took forever to figure out Thunderblight, and I never did Waterbight or Fireblight correctly. Shot all of the ice projectiles with arrows and accidentally killed Fireblight with Urbosa's Fury.
>>
>>375990978
>everything we loved
>we
So nothing at all?
>>
>>375979056
Bosses are too easy and Vah Medo is shit from reason of fighting it to design.

Vah Ruta a best, but even so I'm not a big fan of what the dungeons are actually like. I would rather have a classic styled one in these four stiuations
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.