[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about these games that causes their fans to refuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: literallyflawless.jpg (224KB, 647x414px) Image search: [Google]
literallyflawless.jpg
224KB, 647x414px
What is it about these games that causes their fans to refuse all criticism and insist that they're literally perfect?
>>
What is it about capitalism that causes its fans to refuse all criticism and insist that its literally perfect?
>>
>>375973696
Fuck off nerd
>>
>>375973696
Lol, yea man, fight the power
>>
>>375973605
The fact that they are actually good and the only ones "criticizing" them are autistic contrarians.
>>
I want to say that both games have flaws but the overall package makes for an above average to fantastic game depending on your perspective and how nitpicky you are on specific points.
>>
>>375973696
Too many people on /v/ dont like open world games so why should their opinion on open world games mean anything.
>>
>>375973605
I've never heard anyone say Nier Automata is perfect, even people who say it's their favorite game hate either the healing or hacking or some of the more annoying fetch quests or something
>>
There's a difference between criticism and shit flinging just because you are mad they are popular.
>>
>>375974395
>I've never heard anyone say Nier Automata is perfect
Then I'd say you haven't been in a Nier thread.
>>
>>375974395
You should look at some of the nier threads. You can be put down for wrong think.
>>
>>375974448
And theres a difference between criticism and shitposting, yet you always claim the latter regardless.
>>
>>375973605
What is it about these games that attract such a dedicated shitposter following. TW3 came out 2 fucking years ago and it still gets people bootyblasted to this day

>t.haven't played either of them
>>
>>375974395
>I've never heard anyone say Nier Automata is perfect
I know. It is pretty easy to miss those posts among the hundreds made by waifufag and braaap posters in every thread.
>>
>>375974779
The fact that The Witcher 3 is the game that won most goty awards in the history of gaming. Not that gotys mean anything to a normal individual... but to autistic contrarians on /v/ they are equivalent to being branded by Satan.
>>
>>375974585
>>375974650
been in like 2 nier threads the past week cause i was considering buying the game. never heard anyone here call it perfect, in fact i'd say most people here do love it, but also hate the grinding. That was the general consensus i was reading through in the threads.

>>375974779
Witcher 3 is a really detailed world. Regardless of the actual gameplay, it deserves it's praise. I completely understand when people say things like combat is shallow and repetitive, any other complaint is literal contrarian bullshit.
>>
File: 1434588014448-1.png (155KB, 1246x370px) Image search: [Google]
1434588014448-1.png
155KB, 1246x370px
>>375974585
>Taro game
>Good
Pick one
>>
>>375974385
What you've typed makes no sense as an argument
>>
>>375973605
What is it about shitposters that makes them post bait for attention?
>>
>>375973605

>why do nintenbros defend everything nintendo does
>why do xboners defend everything microsoft does
>etc.
>>
>>375973696

really makes you think
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>375973605
You forgot one OP
>>
>>375974779
im still mad that it won best soundtrack over undertale
>>
>Criticize niers combat
>It's fine it's an RPG.

>Criticize nier non-existant rpg mechanics
>It's not an RPG!

>Criticize backtracking
>It's Open world!

>Criticize open world
>It's not open world

>Criticize the edge
>9s is not edgy he is japanese

So, what is it?
>>
>>375975321
Practically everyone who's played it criticises the durability system.
>>
Don't think that's the case with Witcher 3, I've read way more people complaining than praising it. Now the critics thought it had no flaw but that's paid marketing.

As for NieR, it's a thing where people choose "sides". If you liked that one thing NieR did great you conform your opinion to be positive about the entire game. Either the game is 0/10 or it's 10/10.

Something about people making up identity they lack.
>>
>>375975375
>Glorious slav country music remastered by orchestra Vs shitty 8-bit electronic noise made by pretentious hipsters.
You deserve to be mad.
>>
What is it about the faggots that cause them to refuse criticisms about the people criticizing those games?
>>
>>375975776
assuming that's true
>lmao its supposed to suck dude, its traditional, literally passed through the ages, respect my culture
>>
Nobody thinks they're perfect. Stop getting worked by bait posts like it's your first week on 4chan
>>
OH! I thought we were allowed to defend the games we like
>>
>>375975321
I was wondering how long it would take for the triggered BotW haters to come marching in.
>>
>>375975662
>Don't think that's the case with Witcher 3, I've read way more people complaining than praising it

You saw a lot of this closer to launch. you made a very reasonable post though
>>
>>375975160
I dont like racing games.
So i dont buy them or play them.

People who tend to flimg the "empty open world" shit about zelda, witcher 3, and nier clearly dont like open world games, yet still play every single one for some reason.
>>
For Witcher it is Dragon Age fervor
>>
>>375975503
Nah there are a bunch of people who defend it to death with "muh discovery" arguments constantly
>>
>>375973605
The bar for video games has been set so low lately that anything above average seems like a godsend
>>
Nier Automata is literally
>"it gets good on the third playthrough!"
>>
>>375976163
In what reality is W3's world NOT empty? There is fucking nothing in it other than the same 5 copy pasted events.

And in what reality is nier an open world game
>>
>>375975901
It is not even funny to take you seriously.
How can you compare this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo2ORdMU-SA
To a kid with a moustache toying around in FL studio?
>>
>>375976484
Shut the fuck up. The game is good from the start, it just takes a dip in part 2 for some people.
>>
>>375976563
Dude, you get events by merely exploring the Witcher 3 world. Especially when you are walking around town, you see a man seemingly harrassing a woman you get close and try to drove the man away, but it shows it was just some fetish they're playing.
>>
>>375976912
Route A is weak and vanilla as fuck, route C is where the game gets interesting.
>>
>>375975375
You have abysmal shit tastes. Nothing in that revolting pixel and indieshit comes close to the Crones song or Skelliges tune, or even the song at Kaer Morhen.
>>
>>375976563
According to /v/ every single open world game released in the last 10 years is empty.

Even gta5 gets that.
>>
>>375976912
No it's not. It's good from the start questioning what it means to be a human but it Throws it all away at the window by killing off all main characters and supports. It's fucking shit, Yoko Taro has a Murderboner.
>>
>>375977143
Skellige had hands down the best music out of the series. Just casually riding around on horseback looking at the nordic landscape while listening to it was beautiful.
>>
>>375976860
On one hand this is perfectly fine and on the other its some metalhead's idea of 'epic' fantasy orchestra music. When does any of this appear in the game? And what do you even know about FL studio?
>>
>>375977168
To be fair, most open world games are, including BotW. What I think developers are getting wrong is that density is determined by landmass, when in truth its determined by what you can do within stretches of an area. This is why MM feels more dense than BotW despite the latter being like 4 times its size.

Seriously, when will some developer learn that the key to a perfect open world game is the characterization of New Vegas, the quest variety of TES, the locales of Souls and the physics of BotW?
>>
>>375973605
You forgot to add BotW
>>
>>375976035
>hater
So you just proved the point.
>>
>>375973696

What is it about comunism that causes its fans to refuse all criticism and insist that its literally perfect?

What is it about capitalism that causes its fans to refuse all criticism and insist that its literally perfect?

go back to /pol/ faggot
>>
File: 1477074460902.png (17KB, 205x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477074460902.png
17KB, 205x221px
>>375973696
>/leftypol/ was useful for once by derailing a garbage thread
>>
>>375976912
You're wrong, its okay to be wrong sweetie
>>
Isn't the problem more on that they make a thread about a game, any game for that matter, but you are only allowed to say nice things about it? And that they get so emotionally hurt by others not liking their game that they verbally attack the speaker?
>stop liking what I don't like
or rather
>stop disliking what I like
/v/ generally hates everything. And its basically custom to do the opposite of what /v/ says.

So a thread where everyone only says nice things about a game, when the topic is about how perfect the game is, actually means its shittier than how it appears.
>>
>>375973605
they are free from lefty scum propaganda
>>
>>375973605
Whats wrong with witcher 3? My only issue with it was it needed some patchy, had a few game breaking and quest breaking glitches. Also I didn't care for the level system, especially leveled monsters. Would have been better to keep some of that under the hood.
>>
>>375979506
going anywhere that took time also took the willpower for me not to play a soulsborne instead
>>
>>375979506
official witcher 3 review.

all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)

6/10 game. Had potential, wasted it.
>>
>>375973696
>/leftypol/ tries to defend his beloved titles by derailing the thread.
>>
>>375976860
tfw You meet the Crones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiyOajnJnTg
>>
>>375974448
This pretty much sums up why nobody should take what people say on fucking /v/ serious.

Like seriously nigga stop and think where you are. There are threads made on here that say x game is absolute shit just because an acoustic child got butthurt over somebody on the internet liking something they dont like.

90% of "criticism" on /v/ is shitposting
>>
>>375979997
Literally 3/4 of this is subjective whining and straight up lying about game features.

you have 1 good point in this wall of text dumb phonefuck.
>>
>>375981063
Which ones are lies?
And they are all substantial issues with a negative impact no matter how much you want to downplay them.
>>
>>375973696
>>
>>375981063
maybe actually make counterarguments
>>
The Witcher 3 was a great film.
>>
I would say, too much time invested in a game. Or its just one of those games that they finally enjoyed out of all the other games that came out at the time.
>>
>>375973605
OP, ...have you played them?

Yes?
No?
>>
>>375973605
In the Witchers case it is a payday.
The company that made it has decided to go all in on the Cyberpunk genre.
This was not a wise decision.
They are trying to keep the "Made by the maker of Witcher series" alive to try to salvage some sales.
Shills are just doing their job.
>>
>>375983163
yes
>>
File: P5.png (302KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
P5.png
302KB, 500x631px
Pic FUCKING related

Story direction and cast were abysmal an yet they keep damage controlling
>better than 3 and 4
>>
File: 1485809840186.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485809840186.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>375973605
you can say the same shit about literally any other game
what's your point?
>>
>>375973605
No-one is saying they are literally perfect, it's just retards like yourself here arguing with ghosts.

People like these games for a lot of reasons and those are, for them, the reasons which matter most.

No-one gives a fuck that you are too stupid to follow a story and therefore have to come to /v/ to shitpost about some mechanic which was done better in insert your favourite weeb shit here>.
We know these games aren't perfect.

They are simply the best in their respective genres.
>>
>>375973605
>Comparing a good RPG to Nier

Witcher 3 might not be your thing but lets not joke around that it's even close to being as bad as Nier. Witcher 3 actually has content for starters.
>>
>>375973605

Witcher 3 definitely isn't perfect, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it and got 120+ hours out of the base game + expansions. People complain a lot about the combat, but my only gripe with it was that it didn't really evolve a whole lot, other then that I was fine with it.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.