[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to convince normies that Skyrim isn't that great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>try to convince normies that Skyrim isn't that great due to its debilitating flaws
>you're nitpicking! the combat wasn't that bad! it wasn't that buggy! so what all the dungeons look the same? Its revolutionary!

Ok.

>try to convince /v/tards that Breath of the Wild wasn't that great due to its debilitating flaws
>you're nitpicking! Shrines and Koroks is plenty of game content! The enemies are so smart who cares about reskins? Who cares that all the shrines look the same? It's revolutionary!

Ok.
>>
normies I've spoken to agreed with me about the combat in Skyrim, though - they just move on and mod the game instead to fix it instead.
>>
>>375970535
Most i've spoken to had no issue with it at all.
>>
>>375970280
>The enemies are so smart who cares about reskins? Who cares that all the shrines look the same?

This is a valid response though. If the enemies are still enjoyable to fight then why are they required to have a ton of variants? If the shrines are (mostly, with the exception of combat/blessing shrines) enjoyable to solve and even figure out an alternative solution, why do they need to look dramatically different?

If the game was fun all throughout then that's usually a testament to its design.
>>
>>375971127
this tbqh, Skyrim gets shit on nowadays since it's core gameplay mechanics (such as the combat and dungeons as OP mentions) are all really bad, Zelda's core mechanics are at least decent even if it's a little lacking in unique content.
>>
>>375971127
> If the enemies are still enjoyable to fight then why are they required to have a ton of variants?

They don't need a ton, but reskinning is lazy. Shooters can get away with copypaste enemies but close quarters combat games should have an array of different enemies.

The shrines would have been fine if they were purely there for entertainment, but centering the progression of the game around them was a mistake.
>>
>>375970535
>>375970689
Every couple of weeks the same meme image from Skyrim appears in r/gaming about characters inevitably evolving into mages or archers due to the combat being so shit. So no, gaming normies realize the gameplay is fucking shit.

>>375971448
Reskinning isn't lazy as long as there are changes in the AI. Halo did reskinning wonderfully.
>>
>>375972251
r/gaming is essentially bedfellows with /v/, I'd hardly consider them normies unless your degree of social isolation is in a spectrum of concern.

Also I do agree that Halo did well with reskinning, but the AI was largely dependent on the area that you were in, and they were also consistent in appearance. In BotW the AI is more reactionary so the combat experience can become dry depending on your fighting style. Also, the enemy camps looked the same for the most part and were thinly spread throughout the overworld.
>>
>>375970280
reskins don't bother me so much, but it is annoying that there aren't many returning enemy types other than the usual
they could have shoved more villages with themes and stories centred around sidequests like Kakariko did, but have them more orientated towards fighting monsters
an Ikana style village would have been great, with ReDead around in hidden areas or in dark caves
people should complain about these things more though, due to the fact that Nintendo are more likely to hear these complaints if they do so and sequels could hold a lot more content
>>
Would have preferred half the number of shrines and just giving us Hearts/Stamina wheels outright from some sidequests. Saying 120 Shrines is cheap when so many come from sidequests and just have you walk up a flight of stairs.

I would also halve the number of combat Shrines considering they come in three "variants" and there's got to be about 30 of them.
>>
Imagine if, instead of the 4 Beasts, we got 4 dungeons like Hyrule Castle? 4 large areas that serve as dungeons and seamlessly blend exterior and interior, and you can come at it from a number of directions; literally and figuratively.

Although I did like the spatial awareness puzzles that the Beasts offered, I think four more Hyrule Castles could have served.
>>
>>375974751
>I would also halve the number of combat Shrines considering they come in three "variants" and there's got to be about 30 of them

Although this is personally a minor complaint for me, I'm in agreement with this.

But really the amount of things BotW did right far exceed the areas it stumbled in IMO.
>>
>try to convince the internet as a whole that Ocarina of Time wasn't that great because other 3D games at the time were doing better and that better games came out the same year
>get told you're a retard and that it's GOTYAY perfect

Ok.
>>
>>375975383
>try to convince internet that I don't like video game
>get told video game is good by people who think video game is good

Um.
>>
>>375975798
It's not a matter of taste that Half Life and MGS were better games released in the same year. So how can OoT be GOTYAY let alone GOTY once?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.