[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is what happens when you betray the fan-base in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: ZergRush.png (993KB, 985x563px) Image search: [Google]
ZergRush.png
993KB, 985x563px
So this is what happens when you betray the fan-base in favor of mass appeal..
>>
I'm not into Warhammer 40K, what exactly did they do wrong?
>>
>>375966560
they turned the game into league of legends not realising that it already exists.
>>
>>375966560
They basically changed the entire DOW multiplayer formula to be MOBA friendly and made the singleplayer a glorified tutorial

It isn't neccessarily a bad game, it just isn't 60$ good and clearly didn't give a flying fuck about what made the franchise great in the first place.
>>
>>375966892
oh they realised
>>
>>375966560
No Dobson.
>>
>>375966943
The worst part is LoL is free and the devs still expect you to pay 60 stones for this shameless cashgrab
>>
>>375966906
>clearly didn't give a flying fuck about what made the franchise great in the first place.
So you're saying they ignored the fundamentals, and upset people who liked it for what it was.
>>
>>375966560

They changed the multiplayer into a pesudo moba.
Thank god custom maps already exist where they push the core at the very edge of the map you will have to destroy the enemy bases first like a normal RTS but the game still suffers from fundamental problems
>>
>>375967193

yes
>>
>>375966560
"Hey, SC2 only has 3 races, right? Let's go with only 3 too!".
There's no point in doing an RTS about W40K if you're only gonna include 3 races. The appeal of W40K has always been that there's a race for everyone to pick from.
Additionally, they went for the ""e-sports"" audience, streamlining the game. It's a weird mish-mash between DoW 1 and DoW 2. They tried to grab both of the audiences adding basebuilding for DoW 1 veterans and still keeping strategic element for the DoW 2 veterans, but instead ended up being a very shallow mix of the two with neither side fleshed out.
Base building is poor. Strategic cover/line of sight/firing arc placements like in DoW 2 aren't as important.
Way too much focus on elite units that you call in than on the units you actually build yourself.
Out-of-game upgrades for your troops that you have to purchase with ingame currency, meaning a newer player will always lose the mirror to someone who's been playing the game for longer simply because he's missing doctrines.
>>
>>375967193
My point exactly, this especially doesn't help since DOW is essentially a cult-game. It's too late to switch sides
>>
>>375967385
>missing doctrines.
Holy fuck did they really do the multiple doctrine shit like in CoH2?
>>
File: og_og_1477408974210967593.jpg (62KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
og_og_1477408974210967593.jpg
62KB, 1200x628px
>>375966206
With all the amounts of bugs, very boring settings (I can't configure lighting, special effects and shadows separately in AAA-game in 2017 year, wtf?), very few multiplayer maps, just 3 races at start and quite boring amount of units and buildings, add also weird campaign with Diablo-boss at the end (we're RTS, don't forget), no Last Stand or any kind of variability in multiplayer except grinding levels, skulls and doctrines. No replays, no social integration except Steam, really weird UI management (I can't select more than one building, very unreadable unit icons (wtf they put Hi-Res and highly detalized artworks in small squares? They could be used as unit portrait like we had in DoW2 or SC2, DoW2 had clear and distinct unit icons, DoW3 have mess).

For me this game looks more like AAA-kickstarter. And we all know how SEGA loves DLC thing, even Necrons were teased at the end of campaign. In other word, DoW3 is Andromeda from RTS genre. But unlike DoW3, Andromeda at least got patch next week which fixed many popular and most critiqued things, and overally Andromeda isn't that terrible, there are some good and nice stuff in the game. DoW3 on other side is dissapointment for me. Relic tried to do some things like in SC2 and MOBAs, they did worse than DoW2 and maybe better than DoW1, but in result it is just mess and mashup of different DoWs and genres.
>>
>>375967628
I haven't played CoH 2 so I can't tell you, but in DoW 3 you pick your doctrines before the actual game starts, and each doctrine gives you its own specific benefit. There's a ton of them per race, so new players might even spend their currency on gutter trash that won't actually benefit them ingame.
>>
>>375967385

This. In DoW, hero units were supplements to squad. The armies as a whole were whats important.

Here, the game revolves around elites and your units are just there to support them or be fodder. This is why people call it a moba.

Also, BACK FLIPPING CHAPTERMASTERS. Seriously what the fuck.
>>
You must give the Dawn of War series to either the russian or the japs.

Only those guys know how to make games now.

The west can only make gaymes.
>>
>>375967396
You know, this whole thing screams of corporate greed. Changing the core appeal of something after so long is a horrible move. It upsets people who have liked it for a very long time, and people who genuinely liked it for what it was. I hate it when bushiness change directions like this in an attempt to make more money. I sympathize with you, even though I don't know much about this.
>>
>>375966206
shut up you faggot, they 'betrayed' the fan-base with DoW2 as well, turned out even better than original which lets face it was just another generic rts game with a warhammer reskin.

thats all we need, another fucking rts game on pc
>>
>>375966906
>made the singleplayer a glorified tutorial

Why do developers keep doing this? Its already been proven that a good long single player is KEY to a good profitable RTS.
>>
>>375967628

No, it's actually worse. In CoH2, the doctrines still benefitted your entire army. Here, most of the doctrines are locked to a specific elite unless you level them up high enough, i.e. the doctrines wont take effect if you do have the specified elite on the field.
>>
>>375967863
Doesn't have to be Russian. Most 2nd world countries are basically on the same tier as Russia as far as game development is concerned
>>
>>375967796
Did you play CoH1?

In 2 they decided to give you three to start and there's a bunch you can buy for $5 a piece,

CoH1 is far better where they had three in stone choices that were balanced out instead of many.
>>
>>375967863

Japs cant into war games, so Slavs are the only way to go.
>>
>>375967978

I mean "don't"
>>
File: 1493236454659.jpg (32KB, 766x413px) Image search: [Google]
1493236454659.jpg
32KB, 766x413px
>>375967978
>Here, most of the doctrines are locked to a specific elite unless you level them up high enough, i.e. the doctrines wont take effect if you do have the specified elite on the field.
>>
File: 1485596463860.jpg (48KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1485596463860.jpg
48KB, 500x451px
>>375966206
>3 factions
>In a Warhammer game
>>
>>375967968
This, this is why RTS is dead. They keep trying to go the online FPS route of making single player mode an afterthought and focusing on multiplayer.
A good single player campaign is what people buy the game for. The mulitplayer is extra for the MAJORITY of players.
>>
File: 1492939568212.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492939568212.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
tfw we will never have a 40K Supreme Commander
>>
>>375968502
Go buy Syrian warfare now.

Very good campaign.
>>
>>375968502

Yeah, especially that mutiplayer games these days die in a matter of months and proceed to be on life support for the rest of its existence. Having a BAD multiplayer and a BAD singleplayer is just the death knell to any rts.
>>
>>375968057
Koei make Nobunaga's Ambition, Kessen and ROTK.

They can make wargames.
>>
>>375968934

Yes, but most of those are grand strategy games. What their idea of war games are Musou. Paired with Koei's low budget games, they will never be able to make a competent war game.

Just hand 40k over to Creative Assembly. Relic is fucked.
>>
>>375967909
As a matter of fact neither do I, I've never actually played the series but it pisses me off to no end whenever developers do this. I don't think they'll ever learn at this rate
>>
>>375967945
Talk to me when you make sense goober
>>
>>375966206
No, this is what happens when you release a game about a full year before it actually has enough content to charge full price.
I followed the game closely and one month ago, before they set the date I would've told you the game would be commin in the 4th quarter or even get delayed.
The game could be fine, even with all the superficial stuff some scrubs bitch about.
But the state it's currently in is like a fucking early access game. It feels like they released the first version of the game they had that wasn't broken by bugs or super obvious gameplay issues and just slapped full-price on it. The fact that you just know that they're gonna start charging for addititonal DLC as soon as possible only puts the cherry on top.
>>
>>375966206
You sell a lot of copies?
>>
>>375971062
I got a copy for your fucking detainment dumb /pol/ poster
>>
>>375971139
Calm down.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.