[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest. When was the last time you had fun while playing competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1493729875615.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493729875615.png
49KB, 230x300px
Be honest.
When was the last time you had fun while playing competitive multiplayer games?
>>
Earlier this week. Local arcade does weekly fightan tournaments, and it's a lot of fun even though some fat cunt wrecks me at MvC2.
>>
>>375961332
When I win.
>>
>>375961332
>competitive
Why force yourself to play with tryhards who get angry over kids games? Play something else that is geared towards multiplayer and fun.

No it doesn't have to be a MMO, it could be anything like ss13 or terreria.
>>
Yesterday playing Caveira in Siege. Sadly she's the only fun operator in the entire game
>>
Last week at a Smash 4 tournament
>>
>>375961332
>competitive
it's only fun if you win, that's the point. you gamble content and a stress-free mind for a high of achievement and happiness. if you lose you become upset and simply must try again until you win to make it worth sacrificing your content, but due to that high's addictiveness even when you win you'll go at it again and probably lose which will make you want to win to make up for it creating a never ending loop that is only solved by outside causes such as "holy shit I didn't go to work today"
>>
>>375961332
Dino D day before that shitty update that advanced the graphics and ruined the class balance
>>
Puyo, if that doesn't count, project m tournament.
>>
>>375964603
>it's only fun if you win

That's not true at all. If you take that attitude, you'll never get good. I admit it took me a long time to get to be okay with losing, and I still get buttmad from time to time, but you gotta look at it as a race against yourself and a measurement of your abilities.

If I'm getting bodied, it's a learning experience. People don't improve unless they're under that kind of pressure.
>>
>>375961332
Never, I fucking hate those kind of games
>>
Rocket league. Shame my mates and I always get matched up with people who have 1000+ hours more than us
>>
>>375964802
shitter detected. sorry pal but I'm literally God and 1v1 games are boring because I always win. team games are more fun due to the aforementioned and because you have to carry your team hard.
>>
Honestly, competitive games don't feel worth it

You have to keep playing relentlessly to stay in shape to retain your skill level, but gaming is supposed to be a relaxing creative hobby so at that point it becomes like a second job

Plus, unless you're REALLY good you'll probably be getting frustrated more than you actually enjoy yourself because the competitive community is rabid. Everyone you fight will be a complete tryhard (Not that being a tryhard is even a bad thing in a comp setting) so there really is no room for goofing around or light hearted fun

I just feel like competitive games go directly against what I feel videogames are meant for. It's much more liberating and relaxing to just hop into a single player or multiplayer game and just enjoy yourself at your own pace without it becoming a "win or lose" kind of thing

That's just my own opinion on it, though
>>
rtcw/et, ut99, samp, swat4, q3, and rocket league

dedicated "competitive" games always implode from devs caving in to players' whining
>>
Any time I play a fighting game
>>
File: 1487707182565.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1487707182565.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>375965230
>Gaming is supposed to be a relaxing creative hobby
Says you.
>becomes like a second job
The thrill of two people trying their hardest at something they love passionately because something is on the line is closer to the truest intent of art and humanity than any job ever.
>>
>>375961332
every time I play mvc2 and kof 2k2
>>
>>375961332
it's always comfy
>>
>>375967597
>Says you

Yeah I said that it's just my own opinion, it's right there at the end

And that last part makes no sense at all, you really need to elaborate on that because it reads like you just threw a bunch of vague descriptions and concepts together to sound like you know something we don't
>>
>>375961332
you god damn fucking try hards ruined them.
>>
>>375961332
I have been having a ton of fun on PUBG...

pls no bully
>>
>>375961332
I have over 800 hours in Rust and I still enjoy the PVP part of it.
>>
>>375961332

Yesterday when i one-shot my way up into AA+ rank in Nioh PvP with my cancer OP gun-build.

It sure is broken as fuck at the moment but it is also fun as fuck if you're part of the OP people
>>
>>375964720

mah nigga. add me

sw-2880-8690-7218
>>
>>375961332
I still have a shit ton of fun playing Splatoon. And as long as I don't go in a try-hard room, I have fun even when I lose.
>>
>>375961332
I can't have fun unless I win and shit talk at the same time. The only real point in competetive MP is e-penis
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 300x280px
I had fun in league playing Yorick with the maiden, the new rift herald, zzrot, and banner of command

Just fun to dick around and tilt people off the face of the planet
>>
>>375961332
Today playing SFV.
>>
>>375961332
Every day when I play Rocket League. Went off competitive games for a few years until it made it fun again.
>>
>>375961332

For me, the fun factor for multiplayer games diminished after the industry transitioned from local competition to online only.
>>
File: 1400796002538.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1400796002538.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>375961332
Combat Arms, probably around 2010
>>
Dota 2, a year or two ago. Somehow, that game gave the absolute highest highs and lowest lows.

I uninstalled a while ago because I couldn't take the lows. Something about winning made me feel like I could do anything, and losing made me feel like human garbage.
>>
I recently installed Fistful of Frags. It's buggy but I've been having a lot of fun with 4 team deathmatch.
>>
File: 1493489574922.jpg (83KB, 880x588px) Image search: [Google]
1493489574922.jpg
83KB, 880x588px
>>375969695
Oh shit you're right
>>
Fun... I wonder what that is.
>>
>>375961332
less than a week ago playing splatoon
>>
>>375970112
This is for the best. If you ever felt like the game has been declining at all since 2013, then 7.00 is a huge, huge step downwards. I know I'm oversimplifying here, but basically Valve thinks giving every hero talents and patches that make EVERYONE better at teamfighting is good. Basically the jungle is utter shit now and 80% of strategies, contests, and playstyles that existed in the past went completely out the window. For example, there are practically zero jungle warding wars at the extreme high level anymore. Trilanes are basically a way to throw the game now when it used to be a strong option for some drafts against some teams. Heroes have been pushed out of their roles since there's free regen and tons of free bounty runes all around the map for free now, so you can basically be careless as fuck now.

The game just boils down to having a strong laning phase.
>>
>>375961332
>When was the last time you had fun while playing competitive multiplayer games?
I've had fun playing them but I've never been able to take them seriously, so I'm not sure if it counts.
>>
Steel Division has been fun until Wednesday's patch. Maybe I need to stop trying with the new SS division that isn't working for me
>>
>>375970509
HAHA XDDD
>>
>>375961332
Well, i was playing Rocket League earlier and that was quite fun.

I play Overwatch and have a pretty good time when people aren't being assholes.

I love R6:Siege, but the netcode and general connection issues made me drop that a couple months back.
>>
File: z6ani.png (193KB, 589x456px) Image search: [Google]
z6ani.png
193KB, 589x456px
The last time I played Movie Battles 2, so a few days ago.
>>
it's fun when you win
>>
>>375967597
I was a mediocre collegiate wrestler, and when it was over competition was gone from my life. I tried joining a few local grappling gyms and despite having no direct experience in JiJitSu or whatever, no one was able to beat me, and I could be 95% of the people there in a week. It sucked, you can't improve if you just easily win , and its boring. I'm sure there are many gyms where I get my ass kicked, but none near me.

Now I play video games.

I had fun in SC2
>>
>>375961332
>fun
>competitive
pick one
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.