[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This is "Ganon" Seriously, what the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>This is "Ganon"

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
idk he looks pretty spooky
>>
>>375956568
What is the problem, anon?

I mean is not like he looked like that one Monsters Inc. octopus boss from Skyward Sword
>>
>>375956568

What's your problem here? He's got the boar form too you know even if that was basically just a QTE battle.
>>
>>375956568
That resembles Demise more than any other Ganondorf iteration
>>
>>375956568
Buy the DLC to get a real Ganon fight coming Winter 2017! YAHOO
>>
>>375956568
>Ganon gets so fucking mad that he abandons his physical form and turns into a writhing mass of hate
Sounds pretty fucking metal, desu. I can't bring myself to hate spider-mech Ganon.

>>375958819
Zelda did say that Calamity Ganon is the pure manifestation of the ancient curse, so it could be intentional.
>>
Fuck this game.

6/10
>>
>>375956568
Would have been fine if there was an extra form, but all you get is a 50% HP cakewalk and a joke of a cinematic experience. One of the worst endings in Zelda.
>>
So is every Zelda thread gonna end up being nothing but shitposting?
>>
>>375959045
Name one 3D Zelda boss that isn't a cakewalk
>>
>>375959093
>being critical of a game is shitposting

Enough with this retardedass meme. Ironically calling everything shitposting IS shitposting. Shitposting = low quality low effort garbage posts that don't contribute anything to the discussion.
>>
>>375959093
We can only hope.
>>
>>375956568
Thought it was some Satanic flower from the thumbnail. Pretty gay looking Ganon they got there.
>>
This unironically my favorite ganon design ever. I was so intimidated when I started the fight and I thought he was gonna be REALLY hard

But then he went down in five minutes with little to no effort... It's like the game punished me for deciding to complete all the dungeons
>>
>>375958908

It annoys me when people post misinformation like this, especially when the game is just months old. How can you be so stupid as to already have forgotten/mixed up what the game says about Ganon?
>>
>>375959045
>all you get is a 50% HP cakewalk

You can fight him with 100% HP on 3 hearts if you so desire.

Though I'm kinda disappointed that "you can run to the castle right from the beginning" turned out to be a lie.
>>
>>375959162

Lynel?
>>
>>375959162
At least with other 3D Zeldas the final bosses are elaborate, it feels like an ordeal even if the difficulty is lackluster. Strangely enough, the game "rewards" you for being a completionist by giving you LESS final boss content. The Blight Ganons should have stayed around regardless, it's not like Zelda's never had a boss rush before.
>>
>>375959093
Yes. Report it and move on. You should know the drill by now.
>>
>>375959435
When are they ever elaborate? You can literally beat the final boss of TP with a fishing rod.
>>
>>375959434
Lynels are mostly just bullet sponges, once you learn to dodge reliably the fight becomes a chore
>>
>>375959164
Such as these surely
>>375958991
>>375958903
>>
>>375959435

Nintendo has pretty consistently failed to understand a basic concepts that every other developer knows and respects - that hardcore players want to be rewarded for their efforts with tougher battles, not easier ones. That's why Nintendo games (usually) never have super bosses or hidden true final bosses.

They have taken some baby steps in the right direction in recent years with the hidden super hard final levels in Mario games and the Lynels in BotW, but there's still a ways to go before we can expect something like what you are talking about.
>>
>>375959423

They never said that, people paraphrased and warped their words as always tends to happen. They said you can go straight from the plateau to the castle, which you can.
>>
>>375959423
To be fair, if you skipped the parasail then beast ganon would be impossible to kill because you can't hit his final eye without it.
>>
I'm upset with how easy this fight was
Actually, I'm upset with how easy the game is as a whole
>>
>>375959045
>link do you remember me?
>link just stands there like an autistic retard
>>
>>375956568
if they didn't call it ganon, nobody would've thought it was ganondorf seriously lol
>>
I just wish they give some hints as to what his deal was. Is this just literally demise but everyone called him Ganon? Was he driven mad over time and all that remains is this ragehusk? Is the real Ganon still dead as a statue somewhere?
>>
>>375959589
They have multiple forms that require different strategies and aren't literally "hit the glowing weakpoints to win".

It doesn't matter how much you shit on the final bosses of other games, I'm well aware of how easy they are, but BotW's final boss is simultaneously easy AND lacking in content.

>>375959828
>cherrypicking
>implying your posts are any better
>>
>>375959346
But that's what happens. Ganon abandons his physical form and becomes Calamity Ganon, possesses the Guardians, takes over the Divine Beasts, and spreads Malice everywhere. That's why he looks so fucked up when you fight him; he was trying to make a body so he could fight Link, but he didn't finish in time.

Then Dark Beast Ganon shows up and Zelda talks about how it's the pure manifestation of an ancient curse. What did I get wrong? Seriously, it's been some time since I finished the game, so if I messed up tell me what I messed up.
>>
>>375959909
Doesn't pretty much every Zelda game get easier the more you play it?

They're all easy to begin with, and I don't recall many other examples are similar in that regard.

Most of them have some sort of extra hard challenge once you beat the main game so not sure what you're referring to.
>>
>>375959909
I don't know, I think generally Mario games do a good job of having optional harder challenges that are satisfying to complete. Kid Icarus Uprising can be hard as fuck on 9.0, etc. It's just that 3D Zeldas, for whatever reason, don't value challenge. Even "hero mode" is only difficult in the first 1/3rd or so where you have very few hearts and fairies and potions aren't plentiful.
>>
>>375960156
But that's wrong

https://youtu.be/87nkWPZ_UMI
Here you literally just hit Ganons weak spot repeatedly with no change in strategy
>>
>>375960004
>They said you can go straight from the plateau to the castle, which you can.

Not until you completed Old Man's quest though.
>>
>>375960043
yeah, because zelda games are known for its difficulty
>>
>>375960576
Again, I don't care how much you shit on other games' final bosses. They still pull it off better than BotW. It says a lot that, rather than defending BotW, you just go after other Zeldas. To you it's a race to the bottom.
>>
>>375960787
I'm not trying to defend BOTW, I'm not denying it's a meh of a final boss, but you trying to push the fact the the other Zelda bosses are any better is laughable.
>>
>>375956568

Meh, it was fine for one game. We've already had multiple games with Ganondorf monologues that ranged from mildly interesting (WW) to "bwahahahah u gonna die" (everything else), so I was down for a straight up brawl with some Resident Evil-looking motherfucker.

The only problem I had was his AI seems to either spam 1-2 moves until he dies, or goes through all his ice block/tornado/laser/gun/guardian weapons/stomp/flaming sword/fireball attacks in one fight based entirely on a coinflip. First time I fought him he went down like a bitch. Second time with twice the hearts he did a bunch of new shit and I was gobbling down food constantly.

That and his second form felt like a half-finished concept they ran out of time to complete. Still pretty cool visually, at least.
>>
>>375956568
>what the fuck were they thinking?

something along the lines of "let's not do the same shit we did the last few times"

anyway, this guy is really easy on a normal run but really fun on a 3 heart, no db run

seriously, try it sometimes, he has a lot more moves than you think
>>
>>375956568
It wasn't actually. read his description int he compendium. It's just some shitty attempt at him trying to fully reincarnate himself, but he got interrupted by Link and Zelda continuously prevented him from growing stronger so he just threw together some guardian parts and mixed his Malice in with it.
>>
>>375956568
He had to be beatable from the start of the game because that was one of the gimmicks they bragged about. i have the sneaking suspicion after they first mentioned that, they went back and made ganon even easier for the people who were going to now immediately try that.

the stupidest thing imo is that you have to fight all 4 guardians if you dont do Beasts first, but it should be the opposite. if you don't fight them then they are still in the Beasts, whereas if you arrive fully decked out and such, you have to fight all four bosses again, maybe with more health or more damage, and then ganon will "birth" and get blasted with the cannon and all that.

but nothing would save the second phase which feels like a fucking joke or a placeholder, or something slapped on very hastily to avoid the final boss being too underwhelming on its own. but phase 2 ganon (besides raising a ton of questions about the stupid plot) is near impossible to lose to. he doesn't even seem to target link at all, doesn't run around, doesn't do fuck all
>>
>>375960925
They are better though, from a variety standpoint, from a content standpoint, from a thematic standpoint, and from a pacing standpoint. It's not merely a matter of difficulty. It's a matter of being a satisfying conclusion to the game. If Calamity Ganon didn't lose half of his health, if he had another form, if he even pretended to fight back in his Beast form, then it would have been fine, but instead the game decided to be incredibly patronizing even by Zelda standards.
>>
>>375960640
right, and then from the plateau where you get the glider you can go right to the castle
>>
>>375961362
>If Calamity Ganon didn't lose half of his health

This is the same thing as complaining that getting the Fierce Deity Mask makes the fight 10x easier than it already is.

And on the subject of pacing and thematics, the Demise fight and Ganondorf in TP were terrible in that regard. Ganondorf literally steals Zants spotlight at the last moment for a forced twist
>>
File: 1433710558745.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1433710558745.png
19KB, 291x317px
>>375960025

Plus Link would die from the fall during the cutscene before the first form's fight.
>>
>>375961542
But if you don't have the glider, you get instakilled for no reason
>>
>>375961230
>He had to be beatable from the start of the game because that was one of the gimmicks they bragged about

Honestly I think that feature, while it's made for some interesting speedruns, was a really really bad idea. It significantly damaged the game's pacing and character progression. I think Nintendo also struggled to come up with rewards that simultaneously had to be non-essential and also useful for the Ganon fight.
>>
>>375961230

>the stupidest thing imo is that you have to fight all 4 guardians if you dont do Beasts first, but it should be the opposite. if you don't fight them then they are still in the Beasts, whereas if you arrive fully decked out and such, you have to fight all four bosses again, maybe with more health or more damage, and then ganon will "birth" and get blasted with the cannon and all that.

Let's all be glad you aren't working for Nintendo. This is the most utterly retarded idea ever. Like wow, how do you fail at game design this hard, even theoretically?
>>
>>375960736
There have been much more challenging Zelda entries. Also what a stupid argument.
>>
>>375962095
no there hasnt, all the zelda games are easy.
>>
>>375961934
how does it make more sense for them to be there when they are already inside each of the divine beasts?

why would they not make the endgame more challenging when you are more equipped? you are already OP for that fight before you even have enough hearts to pull the Sword. if you do the game's content then endgame is a big fart of nothing, you blow away ganon at 50% health effortlessly and then run around him in a circle.

adding the 4 bosses doesn't really make running straight to ganon *harder* since you do the same damage with hyrule castle weapons regardless of anything else
>>
>>375961720
>This is the same thing as complaining that getting the Fierce Deity Mask makes the fight 10x easier than it already is.

No because the Fierce Deity Mask is totally optional and still requires input from the player. Calamity Ganon's 50% reduced health is from a cutscene and will always happen if you complete all four divine beasts (which is technically "optional" but forces you to skip content).

>And on the subject of pacing and thematics, the Demise fight and Ganondorf in TP were terrible in that regard

Absolutely disagree. The Demise fight was built up to nicely, was preceded by a rather lengthy fight with Ghirahim, and ended with a satisfying 1v1 sword fight. TP Ganondorf had four fucking forms that all played out completely differently and were intermixed with climactic story moments. Yes they were easy as fuck, but they still had a lot more going for them than BotW.

I'm not saying that previous Zelda final bosses were perfect, I'm saying the opposite: sequels should be upgrades, not downgrades. They should be BETTER. Developers are supposed to learn from their mistakes and build on their successes.
>>
>>375961934
>I know more about game design than Hideki Kamiya

Boss rushes are a video game staple. Even LttP had one. They're not as great as having unique bosses but they're a useful way to add content to a final encounter if you're starved for assets.
>>
>>375962436

Jesus christ just shut up you absolute idiot. Wow.
>>
>>375962808
Not him but gr8 post m8, just how do you come up with such thought provoking replies?
>>
>>375962808
nice argument faggot. by failing to provide any counterargument you are the lesser so eat shit and die
>>
>>375962886

>Encouraging discussion with actual retards
>>
File: Rq0t58y.jpg (37KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Rq0t58y.jpg
37KB, 720x405px
>>375962792
>if you're starved for assets

No, not in BotW I am not
>>
File: coco.jpg (440KB, 1488x931px) Image search: [Google]
coco.jpg
440KB, 1488x931px
>>375963025
But you're the only one being retarded. Do you have no self-awareness at all?
>>
>a simple game about good vs evil devolved into a shitty power rangers spinoff
oh boy
>>
>>375963359
>power rangers spinoff

I wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTw7zPf84I4

Nintendo could learn a lot from Kamiya and Platinum in how to craft hype final bosses, and in general. They added an inferior copy of witch time, might as well just have Platinum consult to begin with. Except this time with no forced gamepad gimmicks.
>>
>>375962305
Still not an argument
and yes, there have been more challenging zelda title, maybe you should play them.
>>
>>375959162
MM without FD mask is fucking great.
>>
>>375963337

I don't know what your problem is, but you should really stop talking.
>>
>>375964758
So you DON'T have any self-awareness, what a shame.
>>
File: 3b214dc9ae-1486897073248.jpg (8KB, 191x197px) Image search: [Google]
3b214dc9ae-1486897073248.jpg
8KB, 191x197px
>>375962792
>muh kamiya

N E C K

Y O U R S E L F
>>
>>375965161
Nintendo wishes they were even as 1/10th as good at crafting action games as Kamiya is. They mindlessly copy mechanics from his games without understanding why or how they work in the first place.
>>
>>375964254
good job on saying nothing
>>
>>375965463

Not saying Kamiya isn't a good game designer but one of his games is literally "what if we made Zelda, but with a wolf" so you're kind of making a fool of yourself here. Nevermind the fact that Nintendo actually coincidentally made Zelda with a wolf themselves around the same time.
>>
>>375962792
>Boss rushes are a video game staple.
You know. After Skyward Sword having it I fully expected BotW to have a boss rush too.
To completely honest I still expect it to have it. Most likely in DLC pack 1, possibly in pack 2.

And selling that kind of thing as DLC might be something of a shitty move. But no matter, I will be very surprised if the DLC doesn't have it.
>>
>>375967409
The bosses in this game are shit anyways, so who cares about that, really?
>>
>>375967613
I kind of care. I'd like to photograph the 3 I beat before I got the camera.
>>
>>375967903
Link can just buy those photos from Simon anyway.
>>
>>375967613
I was sad when I watched some other's playthrough of the game and learned that you could easily guard break Thunderblight Ganon's guard simply by attacking its shield a bit. I actually thought you had to counter or flurry rush the boss.
>>
>>375968007
Yeah. But I'd like to take my own photos. Buying them works, but it's not the same.
>>
>>375959162
Zant
Phantom Ganon (OOT)
>>
>>375968232
Does it REALLY matter? It's just a photo of the boss which will probably be shit because it doesn't stop moving.
>>
>>375959434
Lynel's aren't bosses. They are also piss easy.
>>
>>375959785
>>375968470

>Only you learn to beat this difficult enemy they are easy
>This means that this enemy is easy

Some of the people in this thread are beyond retarded. Scratch that, you literally all are except me.
>>
>>375968298
>Does it REALLY matter?
No. Not really. But it's fun.
>which will probably be shit because it doesn't stop moving.
That's why getting good photos of them is extra fun.

Kind of like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sricGq5A3g&t=24m52s
>>
File: gannon.jpg (131KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
gannon.jpg
131KB, 1000x950px
No this is gannon
>>
>>375968732
>Lynels
>Difficult
>at all

The only people who find Lynels hard are retards. Link can just dodge everything and flurry rush them to death. Hell he can even parry all their attacks. They were never hard, you're just shit. Which is even more telling because BotW is one of the easiest games ever made.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.