[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>haven't played video games for almost a year >that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
>haven't played video games for almost a year
>that one game comes out that restores your faith in video games

What was that game for you? For me t was pic related
>>
The Witcher 3 made me feel like a kid again. I still remember what I was doing on the exact day I received the collector's edition.
>>
>>375955301
None.
TW3 felt like the devs thought I was brain damaged, always handholding, always telling you exactly what to do, not a single challenging quest or puzzle in the entire game.
>>
I thought it would be Nier Automata considering all the massive praise I heard the game getting - ended up disappointing me greatly even if I took all that praise with a massive dose of caution.

I haven't had a game like that in a long time.
I've just enjoyed a bunch of games here and there, but none have truly sparked me to yell out "I love video games" as much as Bloodborne did 2 years ago when I still played it a lot.
>>
>>375955301
BotW was at first, but it really didn't last due to the shrines and Divine Beasts being shit and Calamity Ganon being a massive disappointment. Now I'm more jaded than ever.
>>
>>375955762
This. For me it was BotW. Haven't played games in years but couldn't resist Zelda and wasn't disappointed. So many things in the game feels so obvious but it's never been done before.
>>
>>375955301
this game is sooooooooooooooooo fucking boring HOLY SHIT. when does it get good? im 15 hours in and forcing myself to keep booting it back up. fucking mad max is more fun than this game.
>>
>>375955301
AM2R
>>
>>375957723
But the divine beasts have a good design and good puzzles (Nabooris is the best of them), but they are short
>>
File: 174-0-1434064566.jpg (915KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
174-0-1434064566.jpg
915KB, 1920x1080px
>>375958020

Then it's not for you. Move on faggot.
>>
>>375955301
Its long, boring and fucking linear, geralt is incredibly unlikable fucking cunt, it doesn't help that you can't influence him in any fucking way, its either geralt says yes, or ill come back later in some form
>>
>>375955301
I am going to get mauled here for saying it, but for me it was skyrim.

>only played mmorpgs for years
>grind mindlessly everyday
>lost all fun
>suddenly skyrim
>loved mw and oblivion
>pirate it at release and want to get immersed
>350 hours later
>holy shit i had so much fun
>game had lots of shortcomings and lazy implemented stuff but the direction was great
>wasnt this engaged by a game since almost 10 years

This was where i stopped playing mmorpgs and other mindlessly dumb online games that give you nothing but tedious work.
>>
Bloodborne and Witcher 3
>>
>>375960985
And it was not a year but more like 10 years of gaming hiatus.
>>
Back in 2012 I was feeling burned out and wasn't finishing anything that I started. I picked up Resident Evil 6 and ended up playing through it even though it really frustrated me. Haven't gone into a slump since.
>>
>>375955301
For me it was Demon's Souls when it came out. I've been going pretty steady with gaming since.
TW3 was shit and a disappointment after the decent but forgettable RPGs that were 1 and 2 though.
>>
File: 1492493437570.jpg (140KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492493437570.jpg
140KB, 657x527px
I played the witcher 3 for the first time a few months ago after playing nothing but moba's and wow for years
TW3 reminded me why i love video games
>>
File: ori.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ori.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
>>375955301
>>
>>375955301
that one

now we need to roll back the sand clock wand wait another 10 years for a new savior
>>
>>375963159
Cyberpunk 2077 will be out sooner.
>>
>>375963445
i don't like cyberpunk settings or and punk settings in general, i find it very gay.

fantasy with swords and magic always comes closer to heart
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.