[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game since Red. Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game since Red. Is this worth playing? Is it worth buying?
>>
Yes, there's some difficulty spikes here or there but the game is probably on par with Red Rescue Team. The friend recruiting system is fucking retarded tho
>>
>>375952567
How so? I personally thought friend recruiting was literally hit and miss in Red because it was just bash them until they may or may not join.
>>
>>375952104
Yeah, it's pretty good. You should play Explorers of Sky too, that one's also good.

>>375952714
They replaced it with a system that gives you Pokémon as mission rewards.
>>
>>375952104
Yes to both. It is a return to form and fixes everything that was shit about Gates to Infinity.

t. owner of all these fucking games.
>>
I have had this game on my 3DS for fucking ages but I can't start it becuase I can't decide what fucking pokemon to be and let's not even get started on what the partner would be

And no I'm not going with the quiz I got fucking mudkip fuck that
>>
It's good, although the recruitment method is fucking stupid and it's balls-to-the-wall difficult. This is probably the only PMD in which inventory management is important beyond "pack a fuckton of Apples, Oran Berries, Reviver Seeds, and Max Elixirs."
>>
>>375953114

kek, I got Mudkip too. Then I picked Charmander with Totodile partner.
>>
It's actually pretty good, while the gameplay hasn't changed much since the past games it's still pretty addictive, the story is nice and the music is great.
>>
>>375952986
Gates to Infinity wasn't even that bad, it just had a severe lack of content. If they had sold it for say, 15 bucks as an eShop title, it would have been a fine game.
>>
File: 653Fennekin_PSMD.png (680KB, 976x1102px) Image search: [Google]
653Fennekin_PSMD.png
680KB, 976x1102px
>>375953114
This is your partner for tonight.

But seriously Fennekin is a strong choice for support because it has a lot of long-range attacks.
>>
>>375953736
Op here I hate X/Y starter designs other than Froakie.

I haven't played Su/Mo and Black/White either.
>>
>>375954308
Just go with your favorites. You're stuck with them for the whole story, you might as well pick Pokemon you like.
The partner's basic personality is loud, hyper, impulsive, and a bit annoying if that helps you choose.
>>
>>375954308
I was just saying for the anon that couldn't decide. Figured he might as well pick a Pokémon that's good in gameplay and one I thought was cute if he really couldn't decide on one. The important thing really is to pick your favorite as >>375954517 said.
>>
>>375954756
Unless you're playing Explorers and your favorite is Phanpy. I learned from personal experience.
>>
>>375952567
>on par with Red Rescue Team

Is that supposed to be a good thing? I've only played Red Rescue Team and I thought it was brainless and repetitive, couldn't muster the willpower to finish it. I guess I should give up on the series altogether.
>>
File: mickey.png (41KB, 134x149px) Image search: [Google]
mickey.png
41KB, 134x149px
>>375953114
>went Bulbasaur for myself, Totodile as partner
>become master of long range and sleep effects, type bulldozer, barrage, and lullaby everything to death
>Totodile always runs in and gets himself killed no matter what AI settings I put for him
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.