[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this class is too complicated for me. I always mess up the ninjutsu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 72

File: fffff.png (372KB, 740x490px) Image search: [Google]
fffff.png
372KB, 740x490px
this class is too complicated for me. I always mess up the ninjutsu stuff.

what's the easist class to play?
>>
Paladin
>>
>>375945562
This, by a county mile.
>>
File: hildebrand.jpg (232KB, 1600x848px) Image search: [Google]
hildebrand.jpg
232KB, 1600x848px
What fresh hell is this and do I really want to go any further with this questline
>>
>>375945472

Healer: WHM
Tank: PLD
(ranged) DPS: BRD
(melee) DPS: DRG
>>
File: 1923784528542.png (522KB, 759x432px) Image search: [Google]
1923784528542.png
522KB, 759x432px
>tfw roulette party is all based lalafell
>>
>>375946314

Hildebrand is one of the best things about this stupid game. And yes you'll want to continue it, you can't unlock certain trials without it.
>>
>>375945562
>>375946009
Wrong.
>>
File: denzelwashington.jpg (211KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
denzelwashington.jpg
211KB, 600x554px
>thinking any class in XIV is hard
>>
>>375945472
>Any class in FF14
>Hard to play
You might be legitimately low IQ retarded anon.
>>
>>375949815
>>375945562
Butthurt Paladin player. Paladin is by far the easiest faceroll job in the game.
>>
>>375950426
That goes to summoner.
>>
>>375950426
>Butthurt Paladin player.
I play everything. You're wrong.
>>
Nothing in FFXIV is hard to play. Though I feel like there are too many off-the-GCD abilities on the melee classes. Casters are more comfy since you have a few seconds here and there to rest your fingers.
>>
>>375951041
Yeah I feel this is right, of the melee/tak classes, PLD is the easiest but casters have BLM and BRD which seem just as easy if not easier thanks to their downtime and easy flowchart.
>>
>>375952904
>PLD is the easiest
No. If any tank is the easiest it's WAR.
>>
>>375953591
t. assravaged PLD player

Just accept your class is both the easiest to play and the worst tank.
>>
File: 1493760385056.gif (164KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
1493760385056.gif
164KB, 500x741px
>>375953591
WAR at least has to manage TP, stacks, and debuff timers.
A peak-performance PLD is just using skills as they come off cooldown and cycling through combos.
>>
>>375954274
>your class
Stop projecting you idiot. I play everything.

>>375954274
PLD has to manage TP too, it just doesn't have a babby easy ability like Equilibrium to help with it.
>A peak-performance PLD is just using skills as they come off cooldown and cycling through combos.
Literally just described WAR. There is no "managing stacks" on WAR. You pretty much always spend them as soon as you get them unless you're looking to mitigate a tank buster with Inner Beast but that's no different than popping a tank cooldown, and Sheltron requires more precision to mitigate tank busters with than Inner Beast does.
>>
File: 1493454678035.jpg (19KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
1493454678035.jpg
19KB, 640x423px
>>375954493
>Sheltron is shit so PLD is hard
Until you fags learn to block magic, get used to being third-rate.
>>
>>375945472
>DPS
Black Mage

>Tank
Paladin

>Healer
Scholar
>>
>>375954984
You faggot WARs can't block magic either. Good thing I play DRK for PvE and PLD for PvP. :^) Truly the patrician choice. :^) WAR is babbymode in both PvE and PvP. :^)
>>
>>375955815
I can't see someone who is incapable of doing ninjutsu signs being able to maintain enochian in any fight worth it's time.

Also, I don't think any dps class is easier than nin, if he can't play that he should just quit.

t. drg main
>>
>>375955815
In dungeons this is somewhat accurate. In endgame raid scenarios though, SCH and BLM are some of the hardest jobs in their roles.
>>
File: 1431891141905.jpg (442KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1431891141905.jpg
442KB, 2000x1087px
>>375956240
>Resorts to emojis because he's so ass ravaged
loving every laugh.
>>
>>375956641
>resorts to reaction images because he's so ass blasted
loving
every
laugh
>>
>>375956641
>>375957143
I don't even know what you guys are discussing but you two are retarded as fuck.
>>
>>375955815
>DPS
SMN

>Tank
WAR

>Healer
SCH
>>
File: what_0.jpg (14KB, 240x215px) Image search: [Google]
what_0.jpg
14KB, 240x215px
>XIV class
>hard
>>
>>375957305
>any mmo class
>hard
That was the correct thing to say, you fucked up. Be better next time.
>>
>>375955815

>DPS
>Black Mage

Before HW yes, it went from the easiest to one of the hardest in 3.0
>>
>>375957390
Okay, but this thread is about XIV.
>>
>>375956386
>SCH is hard ever

lol no
>>
>>375957535
Compared to cure-spamming and luck based card drawing, yes.
>>
>>375957517
Don't pretend to be stupid, the way that post is built implies xiv in specific, as opposed to other stuff. You know that though, you are just acting like a retard.
>>
>>375957745
No.
>>
>>375957945
Having a pet to manage in terms of position as well as skills makes it objectively more complicated than WHM and AST in every way. There are more skills you need hotbar'd and more cooldowns to keep track of.

But I don't know why I'd explain this to a WHM cuck whose SCH experience is limited to following the tank with Eos out on auto. Do some real content as SCH and come back.
>>
>>375958257
>Having a pet to manage in terms of position as well as skills makes it objectively more complicated than WHM and AST in every way. There are more skills you need hotbar'd and more cooldowns to keep track of.
None of this is hard.

Our SCH and I switch sometimes for the fuck of it when farming. SCH is like healing with training wheels. It's great.
>>
>>375958406
My point is that its harder than WHM and AST. Not that it's hard.
>>
>>375958564
And my point is you're wrong.
>>
>>375958406
>SCH is like healing-

youre playing scholar wrong.
>>
>>375958621
You've made no point. What makes WHM and AST harder than SCH?
>>
>>375945472
Is the game good again? I got bored at level 42 or something like that and cancelled the subscription I was using a dragoon I think it was called
>>
>>375958629
anon said "in their role"

>>375958713
you said SCH is hard in their role. and I said it isn't hard at all to the point
where i can just switch to it on a whim doing endgame content from another healer class and be just as effective. point made.

watching cooldowns and having situational awareness isn't anything special to SCH it's part of the entire healer role so the fact that you brought up the fact that you have to watch a fucking cooldown as making it "hard" is a fucking joke
>>
>>375958823
>stopped an 8th of the way into the game
>>
>>375958823

The game doesn't get good until you're able to do level 50+ content. I also think DRG is boring to play but that's just my opinion. They made leveling up faster so the only thing that will hold you back really is MSQ, which you can skip through as fast as you want 99% of the time.

If you want to resub for a month now's the time- there's a lull in new content while waiting for SB so there are plenty of people helping returners and newbies out with old content.
>>
>>375959028
oh... okay yea. if you dont dps at all SCH is really easy indeed
>>
>>375959352
this is including DPS.

or are you going to now argue that putting dots up is """""hard"""""?
>>
File: 1493583206335.png (394KB, 536x656px) Image search: [Google]
1493583206335.png
394KB, 536x656px
>>375959028
Holy fuck you are braindead. You do understand something can be more difficult than something else without either thing being that difficult, right?
Get the short bus to brake a little harder tomorrow morning to knock your brain back into alignment.
>>
>>375956258
Enochian literally maintains itself, i say BLM is easy because i play the class and there is nothing about it that mystifies me or makes me ponder that i could possibly do it more efficiently

>Fire 4 x 3
>Fire 1
>repeat until enochian is >10 seconds
>blizzard 3 into Umbral Ice and refresh thunder if necessary
>Blizz 4 and then swap back into Astral Fire, go back to step one

The difficulty that comes with the class is that you have to stand still
>>
>>375957143
Why would I be ass blasted? I play DRK.
>>
>>375959727
>You do understand something can be more difficult than something else without either thing being that difficult, right?
Yeah but that's not what i'm arguing.

you said SCH is hard then tried to move the goalpost by saying "i-i mean h-harder than WHM and AST" after I said, no, it isn't. and sorry faggot, but i'm not biting.

if SCH is the hardest class healing class for you to play, you're the one who belongs on the short bus.

it's not harder than WHM
it's not hard.
period.
>>
>>375959954
Its the hardest job in its role. There isn't even an argument here. More skills to keep track of and the positioning of a stupid NPC is more complicated than anything WHM or AST need to do.
>>
I actually found whm to be the hardest healer to play.
All the other classes i had no problem managing my mp, keeping the team healthy and doing dps.
With whm i was constantly on the low side of mp, and was struggling to find opportunities to go in and do dps where i wouldnt be better off popping shroud and sitting still for a bit to get mp back.
On the plus side, when i could go dps it was fucking great going in with aero 3, holy, and assize and just watching mob health melt down.
>>
>>375959443
being expected to deal 1600 DPS is hard
>>
>>375960497
If you use Shroud of Saints and Assize whenever they're off cooldown, and only use Cure II when you get a proc or are in an emergency, your MP should be fine.
>>
File: 1485977605074.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485977605074.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
>>375960497
>WHM
>Hardest healer to play
>Problems keeping MP up with Shroud of Saints, Assize and free heals
Is this serious? Or am I devouring the bait right now?
>>
>>375961075
I think some people underestimate how much of an mp sink Cure II spam is.
>>
>>375959742
>is that you have to stand still
Which goes against your statement of Enochian maintaining itself. For instance every bird fight is constantly forcing you to move with retarded shit. It maintains itself in dummies, but I did say "fight worth it's time", didn't I? Why do you think they are saying they want to make so the difference between a good BLM and a shit BLM is not that great in stormblood? Take a guess.

Also, we are talking about someone who is mentally incapable of putting 3 signs together to form a ninjutsu, aka OP.
>>
>PLD is babby's first tank / easy-mode tanking

Can somebody explain this meme to me? I'm objectively shit at playing video games and I find GLD/PLD to be the most difficult tank job in ff14 (yet MRD/WAR is one of my favourite jobs and DRK is fun as well).
>>
>>375961434
Well, if you stutterstep its not an issue

But like you say, if OP is braindead it doesnt matter
>>
>>375961589
I am told PLD is only difficult until you get shield oath
>>
>>375961681
As someone who's leveled every tank class, this is accurate. After you get shield oath, it's babby mode. Why SE decided a tank wouldn't get their tank stance until lvl 40, I'll never know.
>>
>>375961280

There are people who genuinely think WHM is hard because all they do is spam Medica II, Cure II, and Holy.

"Tank is getting paper cuts, better Cure II for every hit!"
"Raid is getting bopped by nerf bats, better cast Medica II three times in a row!"
"Two enemies! I MUST HOLY UNTIL I AM OOM."

And then there are the faggots who don't read tool-tips and assume Cure III is more powerful than Cure II on a single target because the number is bigger. I hate most WHM players.
>>
>>375961681
I have all tank jobs at lvl 60 and yes, it DOES get easier once you obtain Shield Oath, but even then, I still can't play PLD for shit. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>375961595
>stutterstep
>being enough on something like zurvan EX
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>375961916
For me, spamming flash seems easy enough
>>
>>375961589
GLD and PLD are actually the most difficult tanks to play when keeping aggro, up until getting Shield Oath. Their aggro generation is pathetic and you constantly have to spam Flash and play a tug o war with your shitty DPSs to keep hate. That's what makes the job hard.
Once you get Shield Oath, though, that difficulty is gone. It's hard to lose hate with it on, and that's when all the difficulty goes away.
From then on its just spamming the same few combos and using other abilities anytime they're off cooldown. It's babby mode because once you're at that point, you can easily maintain your defensive buffs since thats all there really is to pay attention to anymore. You get to spend more time thinking about the fight you're in and less on maximizing your damage.
>>
>>375961970
Okay, well maybe not for EVERYTHING

Im not square enix, i didnt design this mess of a system god damn
>>
Machinist is the most fun to play desu
>>
>>375961916

Rotate your combo so that you hit things your DPS are targeting with a Rage of Halone. You don't have Overpower or Unleash so you'll have to put concerted effort into smacking things with your sword to keep threat. Once you get Circle of Scorn you'll have an easier time of it, but you'll still need to rotate threat. Also Fight or Flight is amazing, use it as often as possible.
>>
>>375961589
it's a bit of a holdover from 2.x where it literally had no (worthwhile) combos other than rage of halone so you sat in front of a monster and pressed 123

it also has no buffs to maintain unlike maim/darkside (although to be fair maintaining them isn't hard) and (i think, i'm not super experienced at tanking high level shit) has more defensive cooldowns available for use

it WOULD be the hardest tank class if se designed shit around all the weird utility crap paladin has but a lot of its skills are sort of useless
>>
>>375961681
>difficult until you get shield oath
Not really, just flash one extra time and rotate your combo through the enemies, you may need to flash more often if your group is doing a lot of aoe but otherwise it's literally 1 2 3 with the occasional shield swipe until you get to lvl 50
>>
Came here to post PLD but fpbp like always. I wouldn't dare say it if I didn't have it maxed either. Others I have maxed are WAR, SCH and NIN. DRG is what I'm working on now and I need to unlock SMN soon. SCH is easy af but not nearly as easy to master as PLD. PLD is just so slow.

NIN is actually one of the easier dps too. I may just feel that way because it's my main though and I spent way more time with it than anything else. If you really want to be a NIN keep with it OP. Eventually you are doing all your mudra without even thinking about it and have the rotation down.

Out of DPS I always heard that DRG has it the easiest but looking at their 60 rotation I don't know how's that's possible. Guess I'll see once I hit 60 DRG.
>>
>>375962583
>rotate your combo through the enemies
This is the part that shitters miss
>>
>people saying PLD is the easiest
Nigga, PLD is the hardest. Gotta fight falling asleep from how boring it is.
>>
>>375961681
meh as long as you are geared up appropriately you aren't going to lose hate before level 40 without it. after that point though you will get shit pulled off you even with good gear. if not having shield oath leveling was an issue they would've given it to you sooner
>>
>>375962875
kek. I enjoy it a lot. depends on if I'm in the mood to wreck shit or just chill out.
>>
>>375945472
>sucking at ninja

You will never raid.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (176KB, 800x887px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
176KB, 800x887px
Get real, war is the easiest, they don't even need to try to keep aggro and most of the time they OT.
>>
>>375959742

Wtf are you even talking about your rotation is garbage and if you do main BLM you do it poorly

Opener:
Thunder > Sharpcast > fire 1 (leylines, raging strikes) > firestarter (enochian) > Fire 4 > Fire 4 > Fire 4 > fire 1 (convert) > Fire 4 > Fire 4 > Fire 4 > go to umbral ice phase

Umbral Ice Phase:
Blizzard 3 >
(If enochian has > 10 seconds and thunder < 10 seconds refresh thunder > blizzard > blizzard 4) blizzard 4 > go to burn phase

Burn Phase:
Fire 3 > fire 4 > fire 4 > fire 1 > fire 4 > fire 4 > firestarter/thundercloud depending on remaining enochian time or if enochian is off CD

The optimization comes in with using firestarter/thundercloud and not losing your enochian while dodging mechanics or during phase transitions. Losing your enochian from a dps perspective isn't a slow ramp up like a monk losing gl3, it's a level plateau you can only surpass when enochian is back. There is no reason to not get 4 fire 4s during a burn phase, and thunder and thundercloud damage is negligible to the point it can largely be ignored if your having problems with losing enochian. Please git gud.
>>
>>375956240
I love PLD as well; but they are the trashiest, simpler and more boring of the tanks
>>
>Do Mentor roulette in the hopes of getting a Guildhest
>Get an in-progress Aurum Vale instead
>Tank is a leaf PLD wearing DoW gear instead of tank gear, not even the free artifact gear
>Ask him if he wants advice about the first boss since they apparently wiped there
>"no im fine"
>Get everyone set and we start
>He just runs up and smacks it
>Turns it in circles constantly
>Sits in yellow pools
>Turns the boss to cleave the DPS
>We wipe
>Notice it's 40 min in and they're only the first boss
>Tell him to stop spinning the boss around and to plant himself on some dry ground
>"how do i pull i keep losing the boss"
>Tell him how
>Makes a half-assed attempt of it, still spins the boss and sits in yellow shit
>Wipe again because he keeps cleaving the DPS and standing in bad
>Find out he hasn't done job quests since he unlocked PLD because they're boring
>Wearing DoW gear because it had bigger stat numbers and tanks are beefy so they don't need the extra armor from tank gear
>After this exchange a DPS leaves without a word
>The other doesn't bother trying to fill, just puts up a vote to abandon

Could not get out of that fast enough. There are some stupid, stupid motherfuckers that play this game. How do they even breathe and walk at the same time?
>>
>>375961970
>sophia goes immune
>does the tilt shit
>comes back half a century later
>still got 3 seconds, I can do it with swiftcast
>she comes back immune for no reason for about 3 or 4 seconds before she can be targeted again
Honestly Sophia is probably the most annoying to keep up BotD and Enochian out of all birds.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170504-184457.png (1MB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170504-184457.png
1MB, 960x925px
>want to play SAM when it comes out
>don't want to be associated with weebs

>want to play RDM when it comes out
>don't want to be associated with fedora-wearing autists

There's no winning with this.
>>
>>375964857
IS THIS A JOJO REFERENCE
>>
>>375964857
Another downside is running POTD yet again to get to 60 to do stormblood content
>>
>>375963280
>they
nice outting yourself shitter. PLD is way easier to tank. also not as many WAR go for vit as much do str. One of the many reasons PLD are MT. and yeah being a better tank doesn't mean you're job is harder or easier. it just so happens to be debatable being the best tank but objective that it's the easiest job let alone tank.

t. faggot no life shitter with literally every class including crafting and gathering 60.
>>
>>375965009
>doing PotD after level 50
The only downside is that you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>375965071
Still faster exp once your daily shit is over compared to running the same dungeons again and again.
>>
>>375965071
>15 minute minimum DPS queues after level 50 for dungeons
>Under 5 sec queues for PotD
Really makes you go hmm
>>
>>375965071
Have fun with the dps queues for SAM/RDM once Stormblood hits, faggot. POTD or FATEs will be your only real source of exp.
>>
>>375957874
You are just mad because XIV classes are easier than the overrall MMO lmao
>>
>>375965071
>>375965290
do daily roulette then potd on even levels.
do daily roulette then highest level dungeon on odd levels (if you have bonus xp)

honestly you could probably get by with just potd up to 55. after that dungeons on odd levels start giving a shitload of xp if you have bonus xp.

i think i started 59 at about 10% in and it only took 3 library runs to hit cap.
>>
Alright NINs here's the real question
What are you going to name your frog
>>
>>375966457
Gorf
>>
>>375963408
>can only get 4 fire IVs in a burn phase
>calls anyone bad

Holy shit lol just stop talking you clearly dont known what you're on about
>>
>>375950510
T h i s
>Throw aids on 1 guy
>Spread it
>build dreadwyrm stacks
>go dragon dildo form
>Spam ruin 3
>Final second of dragonforce stance
>activate_it.jpg
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>375964857
>hide headgear
>glamour

You dont have to wear a fedora if you dont want to
>>
>>375966875

B-but muh pet control and optimizations!
>>
>>375966875
>spreading aids before dt
>not having raging strikes up in dt
>being this bad
>>
>>375966829

Lol u troll me. At least piety gems are cheap.

Fag.
>>
>>375948056
confirmed for garbage bard player. Probably the hardest dps to min max and do really well with. nice try tho.. summoner is probably the easiest dps
>>
>>375950601
I have every last DoW/M capped and agree; PLD is the easiest. WHM is a very close second.Even when played at their respective best, every job is harder than PLD if only by virtue of having more to press.
>>
>>375967502
>I've never played SMN
BLM is by far the most braindead dps
>>
>>375967358
No? I can get MINIMUM 7 fire IVs in a burn phase without gems or ley lines
>>
>>375957235
>>375955815
>SCH
>easy
Salty WHM tears are so delicious
>>
>>375967502

He wanted to know the easiest classes to play, not min/max. You don't have much to keep track of as BRD: push OGs when they're up, keep your DoTs up. Play songs. Use your buffs when they're up. It's simple to get used to if you're not used to playing a DPS.. OP should worry about min/maxing only if he's a speedrunning elitist trying to get ready for the Omega raid in SB, which it doesn't sound like he is.
>>
>>375967657
summoner is mana management the class. retard its not hard you literally just watch your mana and spam spells like a braindead autist and you can pretty much move all you fucking want. youre also a caster so you can also spam sprint. nice try retard
>>
>>375967812
I dont play WHM

Scholar gets a heal auto-turret and baller shields

I only say SCH is easy because it's a powerful class, no need to get mad chum
>>
>>375967657
BLM here, i agree

The difficulty comes in when a fight requires you to move a lot
>>
>>375968003
>smn is mana management the class
>blm doesnt even have to do that
>s-smn is so easy right guys
>>
>>375968164
Its the same concept where you just make sure you can spam your strongest spell as often as possible isnt it?
>>
>>375968164
blackmage has enochian cant move very frequently and yeah their mana is also important dumbass. summoner is 3 dots and then 1 of the 3 ruin buttons repeatadly based on mana till the boss dies they have virtually unlimited movement because ruin2 is an instant cast and their dots rarely have to be cast. allowing them to be safe and easily do high damage with little to zero thinking required
>>
>>375967657
it's ninja

t. nin main
>>
>>375967502
Bard is by far the easiest class to be good at, and it's the class with the smallest difference in DPS by above-average and perfect players. Min/maxing is also a retarded way to calculate how easy a class is, because only 0.1% of the playerbase is going to be that good.
>>
>>375968395
Dont you have like 2 dots, 2 buffs and a debuff to maintain though?

Ive only played a little bit of ninja
>>
>>375963280
>The new hairs are JUST and anime protag #254
>>
>>375968350
>summoner is 3 dots and then 1 of the 3 ruin buttons
Confirmed for knowing nothing about smn or maximizing DT
You've lost this one, go home before you embarrass yourself even more
>>
>>375968395

I think I'm clinically retarded. I have a hard time keeping track of all my buffs and CDs on NIN. I also seem to get stuck with re-applying Dancing Edge every time I play with another NIN. At least I try to put Trick Attack up whenever I can without overlapping someone else's. It's the only use I have when I play NIN.

I'm so sorry for the people that get stuck with me in DF. I'll stop playing NIN to spare the rest.
>>
>>375968518
what are you talking about the difference is actually massive a bard doing the bare minmium will pull about 1200 dps a bard who knows what they are doing eith the same gear will do 2000 + you are legit a retard
>>
>>375968701
>responds with insults and nothing to prove me wrong.
good meme friend kys i think your probably one of the shitters running around in full 270 welfare shires as a summoner only able to do 1800 dps
>>
I can play endgame NIN and BRD and now leveling BLM (lv 40) and I feel like a complete retard.

Whats the priority to damage in this? I've been playing melee too long and forget how this job works.
>>
>>375968535
2 dots, 1 buff, 2 and maybe 1 debuff if there's no war
NIN is different in that it doesn't have a strict rotation and works more based on priority, retards think this is drastically easier than than the rigid rotation of say DRG when they are actually about the same
>>
Summoner
A bad any other class will do shit dps. A bad summoner will at least have a pet doing free dps for him and dots doing free dps too.

Same for scholar.
At least a bad scholar will have a pet that auto heals reducing the chances of fuckup
>>
File: 1481254910973.jpg (131KB, 1019x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481254910973.jpg
131KB, 1019x720px
>>375968848
>mention DT which you said nothing about
>b-but you didn't say anything else it has to do, s-shire gear
>>
>>375968728
If you're doing the bare minimum and pulling 1200 dps, you're not a good bard. If you just click shit as it comes up and play casually, you're going to do 2000+ dps easily. I barely play the class, have no idea what the opener actually is and I've never looked at a guide or information about it at all, yet my DPS is pretty much exactly the same as all the savage-raiding BRD mains I've seen. It's a braindead class, and extremely easy to play decently in comparison to anything else
>>
>>375945472
>any class in this garbage game too complicated for you

Good thing you never played XI.
>>
>>375969252 i have bad news for you friend . 2000 as a bard is absolutely fucking awful if youre capped for savage
>>
>>375968958

Just spend as much time in Astral Fire as you can. Cast Fire I unless you get a Fire III proc on a single target. Cast Fire II until you're OOM on 3+ targets. Use Blizzard III and Fire III to switch stances without Transpose. Cast Thunder I on a target and use your highest level Thunder when you get a proc. Wait until you're in Umbral Ice to re-cast Thunder I if you aren't lucky.
>>
File: average WHM.png (194KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
average WHM.png
194KB, 500x378px
stop playing WHM
>>
>>375969341
2000+ means more than 2000, not exactly 2000.
>>
>>375961916
I'm on the same boat, love PLD as shields but class is boring as fuck, I keep trying to force myself to play PLD but after playing a single dungeon as war or DRK is hard to go back.
Why I went for the PLD anima as my only one is beyond me
>>
>>375968958
Pre 60 it looks like this

Single target

Spam Fire 1, hit firestarter procs, maintain thunder, thats it
With thunder, only use Thunder 1, and use thunder 3 in thundercloud procs, thunder 2 is LITERALLY useless so dont use it whatsoever

AoE

Spam Fire 2, maybe throw in a flare when you're almost out of mana, then transpose
>>
>>375969278
>Complex = good

FFXI babbies everyone
>>
I want to git gud at ninja, but I kinda suck. What's the secret?
>>
>>375969919
Depends on what you suck at.
Remember the priorities
http://dtguilds.enjin.com/shastasninguide
>>
who odin here
>>
>>375968535
>>375968703
to be fair, nin does have a bit of a hump to get over at first since yes there's a lot of buttons to hit and stuff to keep track of, but it's a lot simpler than it looks

you'll never have to worry about managing your buff in the same way that mnk/drg does since the long timer gives you a lot of leeway to deal with mechanics, and gameplay comes down to "hit your cooldowns and refresh what's about to drop" once you get a hold on the class

i like the class for this because i'm a big retard who likes hitting a lot of buttons and doing well without thinking too hard about it

>>375969056
it's easier man, i dunno what to tell you. if botd wasn't a thing then yea drg would be easier, but it is and it isn't
>>
>>375967049
Ifrit is arguably better than Garuda on a lot of fights. Have fun dealing with Contagion while I watch my fire bro punch shit all day.
>>
>>375969423
>>375969598

Ty anons. Doing the job quests and I felt real weak but this is starting to make sense.
>>
>>375969919
keep up your buff
keep up your debuffs on the boss
press 123 and use your ogcd
use the fireball naruto attack and tell people that it's better for single target because of less animation lock
don't forget sneak attack and trick attack
>>
>>375970084
Well, my opener is comparable but I can probably adjust to this one here. My DPS usually falls off after, I am probably needing to work on keeping up my priorities like mentioned there.
>>
>>375970446
If your DPS falls off later, it's definitely because you need to keep up your priorities - using DoTs, Mudra every 20 sec (remember trick is a 60 second CD as well), etc.
>>
>>375970209
>botd
>use option a or option b
>literally the same priority system as nin just baked into a rigid non changing rotation
>drgs think this is hard
OK
>>
File: 1461235316492.jpg (264KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461235316492.jpg
264KB, 900x1200px
Who /MNK/ here.

Utility soon, brothers.
>>
>>375971451
All day every day. Punching shit is so good.
>>
>>375971451
>>375971676
outclassed even in their "own" expansion by samurai and red mage. Can't wait for the salty mhigger tears to flow.
>>
File: 1493864109950.gif (1MB, 368x273px) Image search: [Google]
1493864109950.gif
1MB, 368x273px
>>375971451
>mfw mnks get cucked again
>>
>>375971906
>Stormblood.gif
>>
File: 1488315986053.png (39KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488315986053.png
39KB, 370x320px
>>375971767
>benchmark
>WoL as a MNK gets one upped by RED and looks desperate when showing off his new skills
>WoL changes to SAM for the rest of the benchmark
>has more friends than as MNK
>wrecks Susano's shit
>>
File: 1470697627475.png (492KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
1470697627475.png
492KB, 692x577px
>>375971451
utility or not, got tired if MNK, don't think I can get back to it again, discovering DRG timings felt better throght midas and creator fights, than just slamming with MNK. While midas was still fun on MNK (probably also because I went full crt/speed), I just was falling asleep in creator. Want to see what SAM brings to melee table. dunno why I writing this tho
>>
>>375968518

So absurdly wrong, I love coming to /v/ threads and being reminded why pretty much everyone in this thread is trash.
>>
>>375971767
I never cared about their utility and whatever. I just like beating the shit out of everything with my fists of fury. Eenie meenie miney mo, I wonder where my glove will go.
>>
>>375969278

You mean Macro simulator XI with multiple gcd cast times?
>>
>>375971083

>rigid non changing rotation

The fights where DRG can even pull off one cycle of its rigid unchanging rotation before they have to do mechanics or adds can be counted on one hand.
>>
File: 77448486.jpg (108KB, 635x1200px) Image search: [Google]
77448486.jpg
108KB, 635x1200px
>>375971451
>implying you wont be put in the cuckshed by sam and rdm
>>
It's been a week and SE still hasn't resolved my password recovery. Do i just give up on my old character /v/ and start new? Previous character was max WHM with high item lvl with mid lvl every other skill.
>>
File: 1489655078579m.jpg (125KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489655078579m.jpg
125KB, 910x1024px
>>375972706
>cat poster
>>
>>375972803

Depending on what your situation is you could be fucked. If you use One-Time Passwords then you're probably SoL.

Also, try to get a live person on the phone instead of e-mailing customer support.
>>
>>375973092
sorry for being such a leech but do you have a link for the number. Every time I have been on there their "contact us" sends me to their stupid knowledge database.
>>
>>375973548

Try 1 (858) 790-7529

It's a Murrican number, only open from 9-5 on weekdays, and it's old so it might not even be valid. SE hates you and your money so don't ever try to talk to them or YoshiP again or they'll call the cops.
>>
>messing up ninjutsus

I mean i understand if there's lag, because servers are fucking garbage, but i don't see anyone messing up any other way. it's like impossible.
>>
>>375972185
melee with cast times, probably

which is going to be fucking incredible to watch since we already have loldrg so i expect the floor to be paved with dead weebs for a few months
>>
>>375974184
I've used the number before when my phone wiped itself on one of my android updates. I called the moment it opened.

Waited about 40 minutes on hold and they took off my one-time password for me within like 2 minutes of talking to someone. They were actually pretty nice and helpful.
>>
>>375950218
He said it was too complicated, not hard
>>
>>375974445

>Every EX fight
>SAM dies first trying to get that last charged hit in
>Keeps dying over and over again
>Healers eventually give up on raising them
>DRG finally redeemed
>>
File: 1306895087125.jpg (8KB, 203x125px) Image search: [Google]
1306895087125.jpg
8KB, 203x125px
>Levering up NIN in Gubal in ilvl144
>Get a PLD Tank with mostly 260 gears
>First boss and everything goes nicely
>Suddenly I notice that I have aggro
>PLD is in Sword oath and don't even try to get aggro back
>Trow shadewalker on him and keep going believing that he will probably provoke soon
>Even with shade the boss is still on me
>Same thing happen on the second boss
>Tell the PLD to stop fucking around already
>He leave
>Healer leave soon after
Playing DPS is suffering.
>>
File: 20160928224727_1.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160928224727_1.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>>375946314
>he doesn't want to learn from the the apex of gentlemanliness in all of Eorzea
>>
File: 1479890343793.png (512KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
1479890343793.png
512KB, 795x470px
>>375972185
same desu
I swapped from monk to ninja reluctantly during gordias for obvious reasons
ended up sticking to ninja, refusing to go back to monk because monks just a fucking drag to play
>>
>>375974445
>melee with cast times, probably
God, I hope not.
If so they will be so fucking awful in pvp.
>>
File: 1359070620017.png (280KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1359070620017.png
280KB, 599x599px
>enter duty
>"hi salut ^^"
>>
>>375974184
Just got it resolved thanks. Was really hating the idea of grinding everything back up and doing the story quests again.
>>
>>375975809
just take the 30 minute penalty my man
it isn't worth the pain
>>
>>375975903
Pain means bread, oui?
>>
>>375975809
>French's awfulness
VS
>American's Pay my sub or shut up

Really wonder which is worst.
>>
File: 1458563779355.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458563779355.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>375975809
>enter duty
>holla
I'll never get why we have german auto translations but not spic.
>>
>>375976134

I prefer Frenchies honestly. I can deal with baddies if they aren't being assholes.

>>375976315

Spaniards aren't as big of a market for their games as the French and German are, and Mexicans are too poor or busy getting shot to play anyway.
>>
>>375976134
>worst
Quebecois
>>
>>375976315
>>holla
I'm pretty sure that's niggernese.
>>
File: 1409661213022.jpg (8KB, 193x185px) Image search: [Google]
1409661213022.jpg
8KB, 193x185px
What is the best PvP mode to farm PvP currency?
>>
>>375976495
Hardly true, na data center is full of head choppers and brs.
>>
drk is the most fun tank
>>
>>375976661
frontlines and feast
>>
>>375976661
Frontline.
It's less involved than the Feast for a casual player and you can actually fuck around.
Just queue for Shatter and you're good to go.
>>
>>375976639
But we are the best.
>>
>>375976798
>>375976661
Also, you'll need to add your PVP skills in your hotbar since they are kind of vital for you.
>>
File: 1409078082495.png (31KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
1409078082495.png
31KB, 266x220px
>>375976796
>>375976798
>>375977162
alright, thanks for the tips
>>
>>375969278
I already have a hard enough time getting people to Skillchain/Magic Burst together properly in my groups without healing Mega Bosses, I can't imagine having these shitters involved as well.
>>
>>375977274
Just out of curiously, which job are you going to use on it?
>>
What pvp skills do I invest in as a mch
>>
>>375955815
>>DPS
>Black Mage
Before 60 maybe, but not after.
>>
Why do we need Sword Oath as its own button? Why can't it be just automatically on and when you switch to Shield Oath it cancels sword until you disable Shield Oath?

Unnecessary hotbar bloat.
>>
>>375977529
Whatever one gets you out of stuns/CC
>>
>>375967502
>Summoner is the easiest DPS.

>Have to manage a pet its damage and health.
>Have to keep track of dots and when to refresh them.
>Manage Aetherflow stacks.
>Manage Dreadwrym trace.
>While dodging shit the boss throws at you.
>while dropping a heal or a ress to people who need it

Son you need to reevaluate on what you think is easy.
>>
>>375977602
Why do people keep saying this, what is hard about spamming Fire IV? I am genyinely curious, i play BLM and the only difficulty whatsoever that comes out of the class is balancing your casts with moving around
>>
>>375977529
Between the fucking Eyes.
It's your bread and butter to kill people.
Then Stun Gun.

Then you buff up your survivability with Recuperate and Purify.
>>
>>375977609

Because then you'd either have to have it as a trait or a skill that GLD can get. They might do what you're suggesting with the skill revamp, who knows.
>>
>>375977769
>balancing your casts with moving around
This is why they think it's so hard, these are the same people that think holding aggro without shield oath is hard or think botd makes drg the most complicated dps
>>
>>375977721
>Have to manage a pet its damage and health.
You mean move your pet abilities onto your hotbar and forget that your neon turret is even there.
>Have to keep track of dots and when to refresh them.
>Manage Aetherflow stacks.
>Manage Dreadwrym trace.
>While dodging shit the boss throws at you.
Ooooh noooo, like every other class?
>>
>>375977721
Yes, and that's all less than what other jobs deal with generally, since DWT/TD lines up your burst windows for you there isn't much to worry about on SMN
>>
>>375960385
>Its the hardest job in its role. There isn't even an argument here.
It isn't. I already told you this.

>More skills to keep track of and the positioning of a stupid NPC is more complicated
No it isn't. This entire FUCKING game is positioning and keeping track of skills. *Especially* in healing roles.

Is SCH L I T E R A L L Y the only class you've fucking played in this game?

That's the only way I could fathom anyone thinking it's hard just because you have to do shit that EVERY OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME has to do to varying extents all the damn time.
>>
>>375945562

In terms of skills, yes, easy as shit and safe too, maybe boring to some people, I liked it but you are still a fucking Tank and some extreme mode shits really need the tanks and healers to step up their fucking game.

I guess then if you wanna play it cool without having the entire weight of the party on your shoulders, try a fucking Summoner, it's cool, easy and you can also go solo in the world map when you need it with a mini-party if you count your chocobo and not take years to kill like a tank.
>>
File: 1487137724619.jpg (45KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1487137724619.jpg
45KB, 530x530px
>it's a "my class is harder to play than your class" episode
>>
>>375977529
Max buff your purify, recouperate between the eyes, stun gun.

You can use them all even at pvp level 1 mind you. The skills you buy with points just upgrade them, but the base skill is always available.
>>
File: Koji_Fox.jpg (242KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Koji_Fox.jpg
242KB, 600x800px
>Lives in Japan
>Loves memes
>M'lady speak for true cultured gentlemen
>Goes on reddit for inspiration
>Has a Japanese wife
Is Koji-fox...dare I say it? Can I say it? /ourguy/?
>>
lmao what is it with SCH/SMNshitters thinking their job is hard

i feel like those jobs attract retards who feel accomplished there's something they can finally well do even in a game that's catered to braindead casuals
>>
>it's a "PotD is still the best method of leveling DPS, matched parties can't beat floor 50 and we have no idea when jump potions are being implemented" episode
I hate this
>>
File: 1493317764277.png (60KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
1493317764277.png
60KB, 250x219px
>>375977323
DRK because I also need to finish my anima weapon.
Just finished a match, it is more fun than I expected. Then again, I was expecting zero fun.
>>
File: diadem.png (1MB, 1706x920px) Image search: [Google]
diadem.png
1MB, 1706x920px
>>375978371
I like koji
>>
>>375978118
but it is
>>
>>375978008
More skills = more difficult to play optimally. Period.
>>
>>375945472
>I always mess up the ninjutsu stuff.
make a little songs in your head using man, earth, heaven. I sing in discord during savage when I dps as nin.
>>
>>375978371
I HATE KOJI

FAGGOT FUCK CHANGE THE SPELL NAMES
>>
File: pacha.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pacha.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>375978834
Oh, here's a little protip for you.
"Sole Survivor" has a little PVP bonus which make the target take 10% more damage.
You can stack that with the PVP skill "Full Swing" so they take an additional 10% damage for 20% bonus overall (30% if you buff Full swing).

Also if you use Purify while in Walking Dead state, you will die immediately, so beware of that.
>>
>>375948056
How is DRG easiest? I'd say it's the hardest of the melee DPS. That title goes to MNK.
>>
>>375978889

I hope they stop trying to make this good and just focus on other things. Like fuck, stop trying, you can't do sand-boxes SE. Give it up and put your resources into something you know how to do.
>>
>>375979195
>>375945472
Or just use a bot.
>>
File: 1491200464929.png (242KB, 492x478px) Image search: [Google]
1491200464929.png
242KB, 492x478px
>>375979248
>Also if you use Purify while in Walking Dead state, you will die immediately

That's neat.
>>
I don't get how people how say some DPS classes are too easy. Yeah you can look up the rotations, but you still have to make the accuracy check, which requires looking up info for since if you miss one attack that can fuck up your entire rotation. You still have to know when bosses go invincible or the downtime involved so you can keep up your buffs. Figuring all this out without looking at anything seems harder than it looks.
>>
>>375979031
the optimal way to play doesn't change just because you have a dozen skills more skills that are useless in any given moment because the situation doesn't call for them.

i'm sorry refreshing a dot every now and again is such a herculean effort for you but you need to realize that's just you. the class is hard for you to play. it's not inherently hard.
>>
>>375977782
>fully buffed BtE crit with battle fever before they nerfed it twice

I want to go back
>>
>>375979248
>Also if you use Purify while in Walking Dead state, you will die immediately, so beware of that.
No, if Purify removes the debuff part of Living Lead you survive 100% assuming nobody just bops you since you'll probably have 1 health
>>
>>375978371
>Change a god's name because thal's balls lol xD

Koji can go kill himself
>>
If you use jump potions you are a huge fag
>>
>>375979540
I always assumed when a DRK uses that skill they've already accepted they are going to die and just wasting time. It's pretty annoying.
>>
>>375948056
>>375979298
Having played all 3 optimally, MNK is the easiest by a pretty fair margin
Hardest is tough but goes to DRG due to BotD being a piece of fucking garbage during encounters with breaks, NIN has more things to optimize than DRG but they're easier to deal with - little things like never using Armor Crush while buffed
>>
File: 1493208821630.jpg (39KB, 405x294px) Image search: [Google]
1493208821630.jpg
39KB, 405x294px
>>375945472
>tfw years of making my dots giant and flashing in my face in wow through addons has ruined me
>tfw I can't play dps in xiv
>>
>>375980091
dumb wowposter
>>
>>375980091
Try BLM I guess?
>>
>>375979552
>tries to add more depth by making custom curses for the setting
>ends up adding even more depth to a god and its religion
>adds to Ul'dah's 'two sides of the same coin' theme by splitting the god into twins
>Ul'dah now worships both money and death instead of just being plain ancap paradise
Wowwwww, what was he thinking making more lore like that
>>
>>375979456

ACC isn't hard, it's just a stat check. "Boss requires a minimum of X accuracy to hit all the time. Do you have at least this much accuracy? Y/N" Just look up ACC requirements for the hardest fight, meet it, and you'll never have to worry about it again.

Run through the fight once or twice and you'll get the timing. Tanks also have to watch out for shit too- tank busters, adds, mechanics specific to them, and they have to do as much DPS as possible too. DPS jobs don't have it any harder than they do. The only easy one is Healer because if you're with a good group you can just DPS as much as possible. If not, well, you'll always have something to do at least.
>>
>>375962158
This.
>no stacks or shit to keep up and lose when boss jumps away for more than 10 seconds
>no animation lock bullshit
>no buff to maintain besides hot shot and lead shot and they both last an eternity
>basically spam CDs as they come off CD
>free deeps turret for both single target and aoe, and also refreshes party mp/tp without gimping your damage (lmao fuck Bard)
>doesn't buff the damage of casters while not buffing its own damage (lmao fuck Bard and fuck casters)
>buffs damage of physical dps including itself (lmao fuck casters get fucked lmao)
>uses a fucking GUN
Only fix is to undo the retarded Gauss Barrel mechanic. But then that'd make all the shitters flock to the class so I actually prefer this, it's worth the benefit of not having a million MCH/BRD in all my dungeons taking my loot.
>>
>>375979248
>>375978834
I just tested, in this Anon is right >>375979540 Purifying Walking dead leave you with 1HP.
It's actually pretty good if you think about it, if you are able to flee to your team side, you can survive walking dead by purifying it and get healed.
>>
>>375979527
The nerf was needed.
Being able to kill fucking anything beside a tank in any moment they want even with adlo on was bullshit.
>>
>>375980238
Yeah but for a new playing going into end game content they have some research to do to before maximizing their DPS output. Like OP obviously has some shit he needs to learn, whether from here or somewhere else.
>>
I'm brand new to the game what world do i play on?

I'm from north america
>>
>>375980841
Any NA server as long as it's not on Aether Datacenter.
>>
>>375980841

If you want to (E)RP: Balmung
If you want to play with try-hard shitters: Gilgamesh
If you want to play with normal people: Any of the active servers in the Primal data center.

Most populated worlds are locked for character creation until super early in the morning anyway, so good luck getting on a server that isn't a ghost town. You can always pay to transfer to a different server if you don't like the one you start on of course. YoshiP needs a castle for his dog now that he has three of his own.

I made an alt on Lamia a week ago or so. Shit's a ghost town. So maybe don't go there.
>>
>>375980923
Okay also do you know how dragoon is?

I hear they are a bit boring until 50, which I'm fine with ( i did 1-60 warrior in vanilla )

I just love the way dragoons look
>>
>>375978371
I unironically like Koji.
>>
File: 1492885480346.jpg (26KB, 180x168px) Image search: [Google]
1492885480346.jpg
26KB, 180x168px
>>375980091
>>
>>375981076
I was thinking Faerie or Cactuar

How are those
>>
>>375981078
It's boring until level 26 because you'll only need to spam Impulse Drive.
>>
Post how you want your favorite job changed
>>
>>375980841
As >>375981076 said
If you want to (E)RP: Balmung
If you want to play with try-hard shitters: Gilgamesh

If you want a high pop server that isn't either the above, Leviathan followed by Excalibur is your best bet.
>>
>>375981085

i think he's alright as well, but they give him too much artistic liberty when it comes to nouns
>>
File: 57682637_p7.jpg (528KB, 1303x989px) Image search: [Google]
57682637_p7.jpg
528KB, 1303x989px
>1 billion 1s farms
>no one join the one i'm in
>>
>>375981078
DRG is the standard melee DPS. Great damage and a lot of decent utilities. Sought after in high end content. DRG and BRD are probably the best options for new players.
>>
>>375981167
NIN
Make poisons an actual decision to make
>>
>>375981152
>Faerie
It's the unofficial LGBTQ+ server.
>>
>>375980841
This is mostly right >>375981076
My rec is for Gilgamesh or if you can't get on it, Faerie it's the unofficial gay server but aside from fc's advertising being lgbt friendly it never came up in conversation and it was always fairly populated no matter the time of day for the while that I played on it, everyone was fairly nice as well
>>
>>375981167
WHM
Another way to get MP back.
>>
>>375981330
What time in the morning EST would I have to get up to get into Gilgamesh
>>
>>375981240
Healer or Tank I'm guessing?
>>
>>375981441
It's been bleeding players heavily recently from what I've seen, but I've seen it open between 5-10am est multiple times
>>
>>375981391
>shroud
>assize
>not being a retard and spamming cure 2 and 3
You have enough options.
Not that it matters, no one in endgame even wants WHM for raids. They're easy, oversaturated, and worse than AST+SCH.
>>
>>375981441

5-6 am probably, and you'll have the best luck after a bot banning spree. They usually happen once a week.
>>
>>375981296
There's really no point in making them a decision to make, similar to smn pets there will always be a best decision unless they build them around encounter gimmicks which would quickly make them outdated or they would have to build encounters around the poisons which is just as implausible
>>
>>375981441

Use this to see what's open and what's not.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479/
>>
>>375981593
I just want them to be something more than turning an interrupt into a different interrupt that gives 400 health
A fists of earth equivalent would be neat, or a fists of wind that's swiftsong speed

Overall though really I'm content with ninja, it's a well designed job in general
>>
File: 1303760931127.png (3KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1303760931127.png
3KB, 210x230px
Man, DPS have it so easy for light farm...
It's always 1 tank 1 healer 6 DPS.
>>
>>375981167
>Remove Enochian or just make it permanent (confirmed)
>Make Thunder one button
>Remove Blizzard II and Freeze for more button space
>Make Sharpcast into an automated procs per minute thing
>Flare now does more damage based on the MP you have left, but puts you in a state of debilitation like Warriors making it an AoE finisher
>Surecast allows the next spell to be cast while moving
>Aetherial Manipulation can now be aimed on the ground
>Combine Manaward and Manawall and lower the cooldown to 60
>Transpose can now be used out of combat to acquire your highest level of Umbral/Astral if you don't have either active
>Blizzard III automatically changes to Blizzard IV when you acquire it
>Scathe talent is changed so that the double damage is guaranteed when target is under 10-20%, and MP is reduced
>>
File: 1470889603106.gif (1MB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
1470889603106.gif
1MB, 700x376px
>>375982001
>haha nice queues dps fags xD
>look at all my instant queues as tank Cx
>wheres your adventurer in need plebs >:)
>g-guys pls fill my light farm groups
J U S T I C E
U
S
T
I
C
E
>>
What's the quickest way to gear up now? I'm just returning from a longer break and have a 250sch but I'd like to get my DRK geared but I only have base 60 gear, is grinding tombs fastest way?
>>
>>375982325
do dun scaith, roll on tank loot and use whatever tomes you have from that to purchase gear.
>>
>>375982325

Tome grind, buy crafted gear, get welfare gear from dungeons, run Dun Scaith since the weekly restriction is gone.
>>
>>375982532
>Dun Scaith since the weekly restriction is gone.
Really? It still says rewards already received on my duty finder screen
>>
>>375980841
Exodus or Cactaur, avoid Balmung, Gilgamesh, Leviathan, and Ultros
>>
>>375983026

There's a weekly restriction on the Mhachi Matter that you trade in for a Grade V materia. You can lot on gear as much as you want, though.
>>
File: 1463226770145.gif (385KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463226770145.gif
385KB, 1000x600px
>>375983367
>You can lot on gear as much as you want, though.
I wish I'd known that yesterday when the queue was shorter
>>
>>375945472
paladin main here, and i main it because it's the easiest (and i love the aesthetic)
>>
>>375983578
ilvl?
>>
>>375945562
How do I level pld, low level gld/pld seems hard to keep threat on compared to my drk
>>
>>375983813
i265
>>
>>375983912
Flash more retard, it's literally that simple
>>
>>375984031
Low level? Because I can spam it and still lose threat
>>
>>375981167
nin

even more frogs
>>
>>375984297
Then you are completely hopeless or wearing shit gear
>>
>>375982001
Just do A9S, dumbo.
>>
>>375984297

Did you not read the thread? There were people explaining how to keep aggro as GLD/PLD before you get Shield Oath/Circle of Scorn hours ago.
>>
>>375978008
>it's not hard because I said it's not
Wow great argument retard.
>>
>>375985159
that wasn't my argument
great reading comprehension illiterate cunt
>>
>>375959954
>it's not harder than WHM
yes it is
i play WHM because it's simple and straightforward
SCH is harder, deal w/ it fucko
>>
>>375981441
Check the schedule posted on the forums. It's like every 4 hours the status will update to see if the server is still locked. You want to try to make a character at the beginning of those windows.

Alternatively you sit in front of the computer and load a character template as soon as servers come up from maintenance.
>>
>>375985689
are you a lalafell
>>
>>375985652
it isn't.
WHM has more annoying restrictions that SCH doesn't need to worry about at all in comparison

i guess if you're a mongoloid and you think having more than one dot to maintain is """hard""" you would think SCH is harder. but yeah, like i said before, if that's the case, that's a case of you being mentally deficient. the class is easy as fuck to play.
>>
>>375980923
Whats wrong with Aether?

That is where all the best english speaking players are
>>
>>375979481
>i'm sorry refreshing a dot every now and again is such a herculean effort for you but you need to realize that's just you. the class is hard for you to play. it's not inherently hard.
HardER. Not hard. HARDER. As in, harder than the other healers. Not hard as in its difficult to do. Its more difficult than what the others have to do. Is English not your first language?
>>
File: 1483835748430.jpg (37KB, 253x187px) Image search: [Google]
1483835748430.jpg
37KB, 253x187px
>>375982001
>Tank and healer babs finally tasting the feeling of being unwanted

Eat shit
>>
>>375981167
>DRK
>remove not being able to recover MP in Grit (or make it at least like 25%-50%)
>just remove the need for Dark Arts with abilities that are pretty shit if you don't use it anyways, and add the MP cost directly on the CD

>MCH
>removing cast times this isn't a fucking black mage Yoshi seriously who okayed this idea

>AST
>combine cards or improve their effects or include a "discard" ability that gives me some kind of bonus up to 5 stacks for the card I actually do play

>WHM
>decrease Shroud to 90s and Assize to 60s

>MNK
>let Delirium stack with Dragon Kick so MNK is more useful and doesn't get unbuffed by an inattentive DRK
>>
>>375980841
Ultros
>>
>>375986130
Balmung and left over shills from a fc that won't be named promoting primal
There are only 4 servers that should be avoided and 3 of them are lock most of the time anyway
>>
>>375985981
>refresh regen
>spam cure
>use holy on trash
>tetra/bene when someone fucks up
UNNNNNGH SO HARD
>>
>>375986404
>doesn't get unbuffed by an inattentive DRK

Oh look, shitter who doesn't actually know shit opining on job balance again.

Protip DRK can't overwrite DK debuff with Delirium.
>>
>>375979195
Rly nigger. Literally just have your mudras in a 1 2 3 order. 3 2 1 huton. 1 2 3 suiton. 1 2 raiton. 2 1 katon. 1 3 2 doton. 1 fuma. desu I can't even remember if that doton order is right because it's just muscle memory at this point. take slike 5 mins to get used to. only way youre fucking up a jutsu is if the server/your internet chimps out.
>>
>>375985981
>more than one dot to maintain is """hard"""
>aero 3
>aero 2

shit i cant fathom more than one, you got me. SCH is harder, you cant argue this
>>
>>375971451
Leveling that shit now my brother I like the class but I feel like I'm making a mistake I have nin 60 but I don't like all the fucking timers and tank spinning mobs to be fair I have the same problem on monk but missing a positional>>>>>>missing trick
>>
File: 1463018560382.jpg (28KB, 212x232px) Image search: [Google]
1463018560382.jpg
28KB, 212x232px
>2h to find an 1s party with a healer slot
>clear 4 times then disband
I should just wipe in 9s with shitters
>>
>>375982445
Get to i200 with Allied Seals or whatever Clan hunt seals are.

Do Void Ark a few times (you'll probably want a mhachi penny or two or three for i270 wep and two to upgrade i230 tome gear). Hopefully you get some i200 gear, also it's kind of a new experience since you never tanked it before.
Do Aetherochemical Chemical Research Facility for easy tomes and get some i230 gear.
You should be maybe i215 or something now. Do some Mhach just like you did with Void Ark. Do 4 Alexander Midas runs so you can get an i230 weapon. Upgrade to i240 with penny+farthing. Get more tomes until you're ~i225-i230 all VIT (queue in with your MND accessories to reach i235) or when you're i235 if you care. Get some tank gear to i240ish. Do some Creator runs to get 4 gears for your i260 Scripture Weapon and upgrade it with 1 penny+farthing+shilling.

That's my method generally.
>>
>>375986375
The reasons you gave why it is hardER than other healers is because you need to coordination position and keep track of skill cooldowns....

EVERY
JOB
IN
THE
FUCKING
GAME

has to do that

if THOSE are you reasons for saying it's hardER than anything else you are literally retarded. It is NOT more difficult than what others have to do, according to your own reasons YOU cited it's fundamentally EXACTLY THE SAME.
>Is English not your first language?
Of course, but it doesn't matter when I'm speaking it to an illiterate mongoloid such as yourself

and by the way, this is what I originally objected to
>SCH and BLM are some of the hardest jobs in their roles.

this "relativity" stuff is red herring goalpost-shifted tangential bullshit anyway

>>375986490
>>375986784
I never said WHM was hard but on SCH you can be way more careless without much negative impact with both your MP and your timing since cast times are shorter
>>
>>375985265
Haha found you faggot I saw you not respond to the other guy scared little bitch. Outed.
>>
>>375986934
Back to the pond with you
>>
>>375987092
I responded to everyone who replied to me
>>
>>375986535
Oh cool I never payed much attention I just thought it did. No need to be so upset. Still, should let them stack so MNK is viable for team setup.
>>
>>375980382
>tfw trying to get the hang of wildfire

I can't and the DPS of this class is TRASH if you cant optimize it but if you can its devastating.
>>
>>375962694
60 drg rotation isn't terrible, but it's not quite braindead either.

Honestly it's not quite a rotation, more of priority with a set rhythm I guess? Like how heavy thrust and phlebotomize have the same active duration, so they tend to come up at the same time, which just so happens to be after you do two main combos. It ends up going like

>heavy thrust and phlebotomize
>chaos thrust combo
>full thrust combo
>ht and phleb
>ft combo
>ct combo
>ht and phleb
>etc
>maintain botd for maximum geirskogul
>use jumps and buffs off cooldown

Side note when will tanks and healers both get extra rewards? I really enjoy drg but I'm sad that the only way to really get to play it is to wait 30+minutes for dungeon queues. I work full time, I don't have time for that shit.
>>
>>375987068
>WHM is hard
lol you're such a shitter
>>
>>375963280
None of the tanks need to try to hold aggro, unless they're using the wrong fucking stance.
>>
>>375987315
WHM is easy actually. it's like that guy said, straightforward.

SCH is straightforward AND retard-proof even if you do fuck up
>>
>>375987068
The reason its hardER than the other healers is because it has more skills than any other healer, and has a pet to position. No other healer needs to do that. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>375987290
Put Phlebotomize after CT combo.
>>
>>375987068
>since cast times are shorter
Fucking hardly.
Not to mention WHM is the healer with the best Spellspeed buff in the game.
>>
File: 1409324449454.png (52KB, 224x223px) Image search: [Google]
1409324449454.png
52KB, 224x223px
>>375987409
>wrong fucking stance.
But all tanks should switch to their dps stance.
>>
>>375987068
>>375987315
All healers are easy, stop being fags
DoTs up, filler nuke, save the tank around tank busters while regen/fairy covers autos

This isn't a big deal you fucking diva retards
>>
File: 16516258.jpg (19KB, 165x223px) Image search: [Google]
16516258.jpg
19KB, 165x223px
>>375986934
At least you have those insta-queues for dungeons ;)
>>
>>375987409
>Staying in tank stance the entire time
Found the shitter
>>
>>375987157
I'll send cortez after you.
>>
How difficult does skill management and rotations get in the late game at max level?

I like the comfy long term sense of progression this game offers but I took a peek at some class guides and late game skill rotations and these openers and shit look bonkers

As a relative idiot who's never really played many mmos before, how much shit am I going to be in for late game?
>>
>>375987446
>it has more skills
you have yet to actually explain why this is makes it any harder. if anything it's easier because you have more tools at your disposal to use for any given situation and that adds to your flexibility

so what in the actual FUCK are you talking about?
>>
>>375981167
>DRK
>make power slash combo stronger than delirium combo
>make DA+PS do more damage instead of more enmity
>give delirium's debuff to power slash
>remove delirium from the game because shit is gay
Power slash deserves more love.

>>375986934
Just farm something else.
>>
>>375987805
You get everything one button at a time, very slowly, so you'll be comfortable with everything you have by the time you hit max level you should be anyway, for some reason most people aren't
Just read your tooltips and you'll be fine
>>
>>375987816
More skills to keep track of makes the job inherently more difficult to play optimally. I shouldn't have to keep explaining this.
>>
>>375987805
some classes have a smooth transition and some classes get fucked like BLM unless its your second character you will lose damage trying to use the new skills and not understanding the buff
>>
>>375987773
I'll send you to a french restaurant.
>>
>>375987842
>Power slash deserves more love
You just like the energy blast from your hand at the end don't you
So do I
>>
>>375987816
Anon I think they're saying it's harder to play the job at maximum efficiency. Sure you don't have to use all of the skills but if you want to use them all and do it right it's probably harder to do on SCH than it is with the other healers. At least that's what I think they mean, if so then I agree.
>>
>>375987973
You haven't explained it you just keep insisting it. Which is why I keep telling you, no.

The optimal way to play doesn't change no matter how many skills you have because the fights follow a script. You just use the ones useful to you in the moment and the other skills are irrelevant when you don't need them.
>>
>>375965059
how fucking long has it been since you played, vit and str scale equally for damage. and you get more vit on any peice of gear.
>>
Which class will be more popular (more people playing it), SAM or RDM?

I hope RDM is cool.
>>
>>375988391
SAM no doubt.
>>
>>375984810
Spoon feed me all i see are people saying flash
>>
>>375982016
Combine Manaward and Manawall? Fuck you. There's several fights I can use both on, that's a straight up nerf. Just because some people don't look up what type a move is, doesn't mean this should be done. But give me back old manawall, this 20% wall is lame.

Surecast will never do that, even though it makes sense. Enhanced Surecast is probably going to be changed to something actually useful in 4.0 I hope.

The problem with that transpose buff is that it makes slow-cast fire 3 and blizzard 3 obsolete. But people don't really use those anyways, so it's probably ok.

Sharpcast automated? No, right now it's a BLM movement resource. You don't want this.

B3 and B4 being the same? Then what are you going to do while you're regenning MP in umbral? B4 filled that nicely.

In my opinion, BLM should get an instant cast nuke on a small-ish CD, maybe once every two or three cycles. It's really annoying that it has all these OGCD skills, but the only way to not clip is to use swiftcast or a proc.
>>
>>375988391
SAM

I can feel the weebs foaming at the mouth when it was revealed
>>
>>375968350
someone forgot about shadow flare.
>>
>>375988452

Idk I realize this game has a lot of fedoracore anime pros playing it but RDM had just as many people, maybe even more that wanted it in the game.
>>
>>375987842
Making it do more damage also happens to increase enmity by the 3.x or whatever mulitplier the move already has. Honestly there's no reason for them NOT to make that change, other than tank balance I guess.
>>
>>375988334
And having more available to you means that you're going to need to move your hands more, and to more abstract places on your keyboard to ensure that you have access to all of your tools.
Fights follow a script but your party doesn't, and that has much more impact as a healer especially in PUGs. If you want to play well you need to use all your tools. SCH has the most tools of any other healer. SCH is harder to play.
Of course you wouldn't understand if you don't do challenging content, though.
>>
>>375987805
literally depends on the class

some classes have natural progression into their lvl 60 rotation, while others start playing a completely different ballgame the second you hit that six oh
>>
>>375988539

>>375962236
>>375962583

Be grateful you lazy shitter.
>>
>>375988781
>need to move your hands more
lmao
i'm done with this
>>
>>375988391
SAM no contest, you get to wield katanas, all the weebs are gonna flock to the class so they can finally play the Kitty eared swordgirl of their weeb dreams

which is a shame since i personally think RDM is better in every way by a mile
>>
>>375988781
>abstract places on your keyboard
imaging resorting line of reasoning just to keep pretending your job is hard

my sides
>>
>>375988567
>But give me back old manawall
Lazy motherfucker sitting on the outside on Twintania
Any time our BLM was targeted twice he'd just fucking die because he never learned how to actually dodge divebombs
>>
>>375988391
Sam will be popular among kirito
Red among fedora snowflakes
>>
>>375988908
Good, because you're actually fucking braindead and can't understand simple words. I don't give a fuck how easy you think the classes are, when you're forced to have greater awareness of what skills are needed, you're playing something more challenging. That's not even up for debate.
I'm glad you realized that and are finally resigning to being stupid and wrong.
>>
>SAM will be melee with cast times on charge moves which will be the third hit in your primary combo btw
>RDM will be ranged with a gottagofast buff and ability combos
>This rounds us out to 3 STR, 3 INT, 3 DEX jobs, and one of each has gofast

What I'm curious about is whether or not RDM will get actual white magic spells, instead of less-powerful BLM spells. My money's on not-quite-holy and POSSIBLY an "increased effectiveness of incoming healing magic" buff to slap on a tank.
>>
>>375989080
>imaging resorting line of reasoning just to keep pretending your job is hard
Learn to type, then read the reply chain before acting retarded.
>>
>>375989129
Red is just a magic swordsman class

dont know what that has to do with fedoras when the other class literally has katanas and there are sunglasses+leather jackets to wear in the game
>>
>>375989189
Take care of yourself and don't hurt your fingers anon.
>>
>>375989232
>which will be the third hit in your primary combo btw
Nope.
It's going to be a special moves that expend the charge you get after doing 3 steps combo.

>RDM will get actual white magic spells
Yes, it's called Aero, and you already see him using it.
>>
>>375989096
Huh? There were 6 dives, 2 sets of 3. You only really got a free pass for the last two. But the way LB worked you were encouraged to do that shit. Any time you manawalled something that would kill or near kill you, it would give like 1/3 LB. So anytime there was a big cleave, or something like dalamud dive, and you weren't gonna manawall anywhere else, you would just stand in things for free LB. I miss that.

It's more like I'm a lazy motherfucker on Titan that used a 60s manawall to keep casting through 2 different landslides at the start of the fight.
>>
>>375989260
>acting retarded
>BUT I HAVE TO MOVE MY HAND ALL THE WAY OVER *THERE* ON THE KEYBOARD SO MY JOB IS SUPER HARD, IDIOT!!!!!!!

you're right, you got it covered on that front. i'm just an amateur i admit it
>>
>>375989232
We already have almost holy, holy, holiest of holy, mega holy, holy bleed, and holy scourge, what's next?

I know PLD is getting its own mini holy.
>>
>>375989552
Holier than thou.
>>
>>375964271
I find the more often I run shit with my guild instead of through df, the lower my blood pressure gets.
>>
File: 1492348520437.png (289KB, 1069x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492348520437.png
289KB, 1069x1200px
>>375989552
PLD is getting poly.
inb4 what is this im a wowfag
>>
File: 1491110629308.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491110629308.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>375989494
>I dont know the difference between "hard", and "harder than other healers"
Even after being reminded to read you couldn't get it right.
>>
>>375989739
do you actually think that distinction makes your mental gymnastics any less retarded and embarrassing?

when you are resulting to argue that moving your hand a few centimeters is what makes your job hard or hardER than anything else it's time to rethink your life and then end it

>le smug anime girl
perfect
>>
File: 1465788716893.jpg (270KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465788716893.jpg
270KB, 714x1000px
How many runs of potd does it take to get from 50 to 60 I don't know how many more I can handle
>>
>>375990065
Stop doing it then.

Challenge log EXP, Daily beast tribe quests, roulette bonus exist for a reason.
>>
>>375990121
None of those are much help if your leveling dps queues are too long and I want to get leveled before they get even worse in SB
>>
>>375990065
the number i was given was 34 or something
>>
>>375990243
Just do fate while waiting for roulette queue.

Shit, there are even challenge log EXP bonuses for doing FATE.
>>
>>375990243

>queue for Dungeon
>faff around doing FATEs, hunting log (if applicable). and leves while you wait

It's not hard, Anon.
>>
File: 1491112336693.jpg (22KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1491112336693.jpg
22KB, 184x184px
>>375989902
As little as it is, if it requires more interaction, its more difficult. Could be the smallest difference, but it is still technically harder. No mental gymnastics here, this is just common sense.

>getting booty bothered over cantonese pottery art
>>
>>375988567
Fine then we turn Flare into the instant cast nuke on a cooldown and up its potency akin to Deathflare. 60 second cooldown, instant cast, required Astral Fire III, but doesn't consume MP.
>>
>>375989552
Holy moly
>>
Should I really bother casting all 3 aeros when I'm dps as WHM?
>>
>>375991106
Only cast Aero when you need to move or weave in oGCD (Fluid aura, Assize, getting out of Cleric Stance etc.)
>>
>>375990523
You know what BLM needs? Freeze and Blizzard 2 to not be shit.

>>375991106
If it's single target, yeah. Only do Aero 1 when you also have Fluid Aura though. Aero 3 and Aero 2 should always be on the enemy.
>>
>>375991106
I'm positive that you don't lose out on much if you skip Aero I. Aero II and III should always be used though.
You should keep Aero I on your hotbar though. That instant cast is nice in situations where you need to do a lot of moving.
>>
>>375991106

Just spam Stone III unless you're going to do an Aero + Fluid Aura/Assize combo. Or if you can get Aero III on a group of mobs (and then you spam Holy for DRK tears).
>>
>>375991257
Make Freeze a ground AoE damage over time effect then.
>>
>>375991257
Freeze is a good PvP spell. Very useful for your LB or tight parties.
>>
>>375991106
Going to counterpoint the others and say that you should keep Aero 1 up all the time, but avoid clipping it. Basically, just let it fall off.
With only a small amount of spell speed and crit, Aero 1 matches in damage to Stone III, and can surpass it with more. And it's more MP efficient than Stone III while being passive damage which is great for dealing damage while needing to stance dance in raids.
>>
>>375992247
>With only a small amount of spell speed and crit, Aero 1 matches in damage to Stone III, and can surpass it with more
Prove?
>>
>>375992247
>while being passive damage
Stop with this non-sense.

A dot is a dot, you don't call Aero 2 and 3 passive damage either.

Also by keeping up Aero all the time you will have to clip GCD when casting your other oGCD spell like Fluid.
>>
>>375967792
Post a video of you getting 7 because that's literally impossible with the games current MP pool. Unless you're bottoming out your MP like a retard and giving up a GCD or MP tick.
>>
File: teleports.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
teleports.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>375971451
Waiting on that free Tornado kick skill. Right now tornado kick is the biggest disappointment skill monks got for HW.
>>
>>375980841
Any server on Aether. Gilgamesh is good for me, you might like Cactuar if you don't want to raid as your main thing.
>>
>>375992810

Hey, at least you can dump all those stacks before the boss runs away instead of watching them tick down and fall off.

Is it just FFXIV or does every MMO have tons of fights where the boss disappears in the middle until some magical condition has been met? I'm really fucking tired of that mechanic and I don't even play a class that manages a timed buff that needs to be refreshed. Come back and let me kill you, fucker. If you can run away and throw minions at us why do you come back?
>>
>>375974990

Just started playing this game a few weeks ago, currently a level 52 monk with my second highest class being 20 lancer. I hear ninja is shit if you have any latency at all which sucks for me because I have a shit connection.

Was thinking the second class I level will either be dragoon, warrior or dark knight
>>
>>375993168
>I don't even play a class that manages a timed buff that needs to be refreshed.
Not really a big deal.

By the time boss does that kind of shit most, if not all of the job, already their buff CD backup so they can use it right after the boss came back.
>>
>>375993168
Half the fights in Alex the boss goes invuln when you want to kick them off. He's targetable but the damage doesn't go through.

Pretty much every WoWlike game you can push mechanics with DPS.
>>
How rare is the night pegasus whistle in potd? I know its only 150+.
Also how hard would it be to get to 200 with 3 randoms
>>
>>375993258
Congrats on choosing the most fun DPS class as your first job. Everything else will be not as fun but I suggest a tank as your second job. You'll love the queue times and its pretty fun.
>>
>>375987842
>>375988068
same
>>
>>375993319
>Also how hard would it be to get to 200 with 3 randoms
The hardest problem is to find people with enough time to do it in one go.
>>
File: 1472541902555.jpg (30KB, 394x421px) Image search: [Google]
1472541902555.jpg
30KB, 394x421px
>post yfw Sam will skillchain abilities for magic burst and piss off the anti-XI fag and also make casters come back in the meta
>>
Anyone else notice a bunch of sprouts and people with only one class now? Stopped seeing full60 fags except in expert and dun scaith and alexander.
>>
>>375994416
I'd wager they're the ones with a decent bit left to do before the expansion.
>>
>>375992030
Then make it a PvP skill?
>>
>>375994416

Lots of people hopping on or coming back before SB. Meanwhile the people with nothing left to do but walk the gear treadmill are taking a break. I'd take a break too but I like helping newbies for that sweet,
sweet bonus.

I bet a lot of them will get to the end of 4.0, unsub before 4.1 hits, and not come back until 5.0 It happened with HW and it will happen again, mark my words. More for the rest of us, I guess.
>>
File: 1481947993204.jpg (146KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1481947993204.jpg
146KB, 752x1063px
>>375994416
If my FC is anything to go buy most dedicated players are on a short break before stormblood or rolling alts just to piss around until launch
>>
>>375994709
I hope we go on more adventure with Raya-O in Stormblood.
>>
File: DogBone.webm (732KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
DogBone.webm
732KB, 426x426px
>>375993918
>Implying anything that was cool about XI will reemerge

FEAST
OF
SWORDS
WHEN

I miss the days of everyone running around naked, capped at level 1, hitting ghost armor with sticks and getting their asses kicked.
>>
File: 1449031617727.jpg (65KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1449031617727.jpg
65KB, 604x453px
>>375994716
depression, depravity, despair.
>>
>>375994561
I can't see them doing that since PvP only skills are somewhat shared between classes, unless they just flat out add more PvP centric skills for each individual job. It's like Summoners Tri-Bind which is largely useless in normal content but very useful in PvP. It's hard to just get rid of that since it does have a use.
>>
>>375994872
Watching niggas weebing it out with katanas and yukatas who didn't sub whm for cure get rekt out at the gate in front of town with no pants on is one of my best memories.
>>
>>375994716

> potato
> slutwear
> lightning hair
> shitty filter
> /xivg/ style attention-seeking

10/10 bait, please kill yourself before posting again.
>>
>>375987290
>Honestly it's not quite a rotation, more of priority with a set rhythm I guess?

This is every class

I don't know what dunder head came up with the 'rotation' concepts, but it's a horrible way to teach new players how to play a hotbar MMO. If you just give someone a long list of commands to memorize, one, they're going to fucking hate doing it, and two, they're not going to understand -why- the list is the way it is and how to improv when something happens that they have to react to

I honestly believe 'rotations' are the biggest contributing factor to the amount of shitters in any sort of hotbar game like this
>>
>>375995193
Because people don't want to read about it in the first place.

They just want to memorize the sequence and call it a day.
>>
File: smug.jpg (159KB, 850x1198px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
159KB, 850x1198px
>He doesn't have all jobs at 60
>>
File: 1481133046700.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481133046700.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>375994872
>>375995037
>(Found it!) Mithra armor! <pos>
>[Distant rumbling]
>Five hundred people in their underwear brandishing bamboo sticks
>Loony Tunes dustcloud around the armor
>Mithra does the AoE
>Speakers blow out from playing the Home Point sound 500 times at once
>Mithra armor yackety saxes off into the hills
>(Found it!) Mithra Armor <pos>!
>All for a shirt that you'll never fucking use

I don't think I'll ever have as much fun with a game as I did with FFXI. God damn man.
>>
>>375995351

I don't know, maybe my head is funny, but I honestly find rote memorization (especially when it comes to having 20+ abilities) harder than understanding the extremely simple concept of "Hey, this skills makes all of your other skills do more damage, so use it first". Once you get that braindead concept, everything falls into place and feels far more natural than mashing out a prerecorded list
>>
File: lalafell.jpg (391KB, 728x485px) Image search: [Google]
lalafell.jpg
391KB, 728x485px
>>375945472
>haha ha! haha ha! HYEEEEEEUUUUUUU
>>
>>375995404
What's with the sudden outburst of Wendy's girl art?

I've been in coma for three months, help me out here.
>>
>>375995486
So do I. Doesn't stop people from treating DPS opener like some sort of piano playing equivalence though.
>>
>>375995486

I'm the same way. Someone tried to walk me through the steps of the lvl 60 MNK rotation and I got fed up with it. Just show me the opener, tell me what's important, and I'll figure the rest on my own. And whaddaya know, I usually wind up in the top half of parses even though I don't memorize jack shit beyond the first opening steps. I've been approaching NIN the same way - important stuff first, work out the details as I go- and I've been improving. I'm not great yet but I'm getting the hang of it.

Basically, if I wanted to memorize long strings of combos, I'd play a fucking fighting game.
>>
File: smug2.jpg (434KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
smug2.jpg
434KB, 850x850px
>>375995629
He doesn't know
>>
>>375995629
People found out that shitposting worked as advertising
>>
>>375995629
The guy running the Wendy's twitter posts dank memes and people are going crazy for it.
>>
File: 1481374237948.png (21KB, 93x189px) Image search: [Google]
1481374237948.png
21KB, 93x189px
>>375995685
I genuinely don't!
>>
>>375995434
XI had a lot of problems, but goddamn did its events blow XIV's pathetic attempts out of the water.
>>
>>375995817
A bunch of retards fell for Wendy's viral marketing.
>>
>>375995629
Shitposting makes good advertising
>>
File: papa.png (81KB, 301x251px) Image search: [Google]
papa.png
81KB, 301x251px
>>375981167
>DRK
>Adversity skill
>for X seconds your dps goes up depending on how little health you have
>this is maxed during living dead

Maybe then I'd actually feel like a Dark Knight instead of knight with a leaky mana butthole
>>
File: 1493772494570.png (594KB, 1083x1218px) Image search: [Google]
1493772494570.png
594KB, 1083x1218px
>>375995629
The person running the Wendys corporate twitter is a smug bitch, smug bitchy attitude + qt red head = everyone's new waifu
>>
>>375995669
the opener is over 20 skills and you don't feel like memorizing long strings

your pub parses don't mean anything

apply yourself
>>
>>375995669
Good fighting games have combos that work based on parts and rules. Usually coming down to (thing that puts opp in the air) > (thing that does more damage, or loops maybe) > (thing that knocks down or does more damage). It's usually not a big deal, since all of a character's combos usually come down to the same 2 or 3 concepts of how to put the pieces together.

Only idiots memorize the entire thing.
>>
>>375996038
>everyone's new waifu
Maybe people with shit taste that shift from waifu to waifu based on what's trendy.
>>
>>375995629
Guy who runs their twitter account has somewhat witty comebacks that made people laugh. Some of said people decided to draw her as a smug troll and it caught on.
>>
>>375995817
Dude in charge of the Wendy's twitter replied to a tweet asking for a meme with a Pepe. Since then the Wendy's twitter has been talking shit to a ton of people who tweet at them. People thought it was funny and turned the mascot into a smug anime girl to fit with the twitter's sassiness.
She's Vivian James and Pepe combined now. Art is blowing up including porn, and infinitychan is trying to turn her into a hate symbol.
>>
>>375995629
Their twitter account has dank maymays and snarky tweets
>>
Gonna make a wendy's character

What job should I be
>>
>>375996290
NIN and use cleavers.
>>
>>375996076

If it's good enough to clear most content without being on the bottom half of the rankings, it's good enough for me. If I do Savage content or Zurvan I'll go as my main job instead.

I don't really understand the obsession with parse numbers. If you can clear the hardest content in the game, why do you need to denigrate people who just want to clear shit without getting worked up over who parsed better by a tenth of a percent? Especially now with Echo inflation rendering the super popular DPS races moot.

If this mindset makes me a filthy casual, then so be it. I refuse to get bent out of shape over numbers if I'm not the one holding back the group.
>>
File: 1490285425201.jpg (35KB, 370x388px) Image search: [Google]
1490285425201.jpg
35KB, 370x388px
>people unironically saying dank meme, praising corporate mascots and encouraging pepe(reddit) culture

nuke this board already
full of fucking kids and newfags
>>
>>375996446
Yeah, it's truly cancer. That one guy saying that it's "Vivian James and Pepe combined" is no doubt a redditor/outsider that came in during gamergate
>>
>>375996414
If everybody had that mindset nobody would clear shit. You're getting carried.
>>
>tfw 42 days until SB

What do?
>>
>>375996548
Been here longer than you, friend. Can guarantee that much. I just know how to recognize similarities.
>>
>>375981167
mch
get rid of gauss
>>
>>375996632
Then why are you espousing Vivian James and Pepe as good things? Vivian was the product of a retarded scam that some fags in /v/ payed money for to prove how progressive they were and Pepe has long since been more of a normalfag meme than a 4chan meme. Your familiarity with yet another 4chan splinter site also belies your retardedness.
>>
>>375996549

Like I said if I do actual hard shit I switch to my best jobs where I reliably perform well. And It's not like I sit around smashing my face on the keyboard with one hand either. I do my best to get those big numbers but I'm not going to be upset that I wasn't the guy with the biggest e-peen in the group. There's no reason to be hard on myself about not being 100% efficient when I'm doing content to have fun. I save the self-aggrandizing for actual hard shit.
>>
>>375981167
AST
fucking buff spear and extend ewer/spire by 5s
>>
File: 61rKo.png (482KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
61rKo.png
482KB, 720x540px
Wendy invaded ffxiv thread.
REeeeeeee!!
>>
>>375995575
>Cock goes here
>>
>>375978371
Why does Tactics and XII's ye olde English speak sound good but when Koji writes dialogue it sounds like an amateurs take on the dialect?
>>
>>375996870

Nerf Balance to compensate. :^)

Looks like they're getting new and/or different cards anyway.
>>
can't decide between monk or ninja

helkp me ouit
>>
>>375997072

If you have latency issues, play MNK. Otherwise just play whatever looks cooler to you.
>>
>>375997072
Want to actually be invited into parties?
Play NIN.

Want to carry shitters in meaningless content?
Play MNK.
>>
File: 1493437055181.jpg (52KB, 480x521px) Image search: [Google]
1493437055181.jpg
52KB, 480x521px
>>375996118
>>
>>375995817
Whoever they got to man the Wendy's social media is an expert memer
>>
>>375996797
I'm comparing the explosion of art to Vivian, and the turning into a hate symbol to Pepe. Never claimed that either one were positive things.
8ch is nothing new.
>>
>>375997140
>Want to carry shitters in meaningless content? Play MNK.

Too real.
>>
File: 1487028541066.jpg (22KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
1487028541066.jpg
22KB, 594x334px
>>375997342
It's one thing MNK is good for, high solo damage where your precious TA, Disembowel, Balance etc. would otherwise be wasted on shitters.
>>
File: 1481914268637.png (484KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1481914268637.png
484KB, 723x1023px
>die multiple times in every fight during dun scaith
>still get a comm
>>
>>375997442
This is why I play MNK. I don't do shit on progression because it's cancer. Catch up patches when everyone's outgeared and there's echo and the meta stops being a concern are the best.
>>
>>375981167
WAR

I dunno, maybe combine Defiance and Deliverance specific abilities into a single button based on your current stance, since I don't have any space on my hotbars.

Actually, there's probably a macro for that, but I think it'd make life simpler. Maybe access to cross-class skills from DRK and provoke being baseline so you don't absolutely HAVE to get GLD to 22 (even if you should for Awareness)
>>
>>375998226
>Maybe access to cross-class skills from DRK and provoke being baseline so you don't absolutely HAVE to get GLD to 22
One of the first things they announced for Stormblood was that crossclass skills are going away, and instead each role will have a pool of core skills to pick from. So every tank will have Provoke naturally, every healer will have Cleric Stance, etc.
>>
>>375998226
>Actually, there's probably a macro for that
The problem is that, if you interrupt the macro it can fuck up, so it's very annoying to use.
>>
>>375998521
FC/IB, SC/Decimtate not sharing button in the first place is stupid anyway.

Same goes for Wheeling Thrust/Fang and Claw.
>>
File: _thinking_.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
_thinking_.png
17KB, 120x120px
>find my job super easy to play
>find every other job super hard
am I just stupid or what
>>
>>375998686
its similar for me, but i imagine, with the main story quests being how they are, you have been forced to put more time into your class than any other by a large margin
>>
>>375998686
maybe, or just low adaptability.
>>
>>375998740
Most of the MSQ are fetch quests and trash mobs that died in 5 hits. What are you on about?
>>
>>375998686
It might just be what you're used to. I picked up DRK and WHM fairly recently and it was a pretty big change from DRG, so it took some acclimating at first. I feel like it helps avoid confusion if you map similar skills to the same buttons (like if you have a stun ability on your main, put it in the same place on your alt).
>>
I emailed support 5 hours ago asking for my password because my birth date on my account is incorrect for some reason and it wont let me reset it even though my security question is right

what do
>>
>>375999045
Try to get someone on live-chat it's their best method of fixing things from my experience. Try to have whatever info they might want from you ready, it feels like those niggas are speedrunning trash dungeons to get max weekly tomes in 3 hours.
>>
>>375999174
tfw just want to come back to an MMO and start playing but cant remember acc info and their site sucks

why couldn't they just link it with steam :(
>>
>you have to be autistic to find oob spots
fuck this
>>
>>375999045
Use live chat or phone call idiot. never email, that shit takes two days minimum for a reply
>>
>>375999274
they wouldn't answer live chat.. said i was only one in queue and no estimated time.
>>
>>375999045

>>375999174
This guys got it. I once had to contact their support since I lost my authenticator and needed it removed to get into my account and did live chat, supplied them with all the info I had and I was done in like 10 minutes.
>>
>>375997550
It's called pitty comm anon, i always give one to dps if he retarded
>>
>>375999225

Their customer support phone number is in this thread somewhere. Probably the fastest way to get it resolved. They're only open from 9-5 on weekdays though.

Never e-mail them. It takes them forever to respond and they will give you the run-around with generic messages until you give up.
>>
>>375999225
Do you remember your email at least? I think that's all that matters. Probably don't even need your acc info. They might just ask you questions until they can discern it truly is your account. I did this FFXI last year after having not played for 10 years. Of course maybe if you really remember nothing they won't tell you if you get too many questions wrong. But if you had a credit card on it that should be enough data if you have what you used on it before. I think. Just live chat with stuff like whatever emails you think you linked to it, credit card info, whatever you thought the password and questions are, etc. etc.
>>
How do you fuck up
>1
>1-2 (barely use)
>2-1
>1-3 (never use)
>1-2-3
>3-2-1
>3-1-2
>>
>>375999465

The thing is, when i go to password recovery I have all the info I need except for the Date of birth, because i made my squenix account when i was like 16 and you had to be 18, so i put a fake birthday and i was too retarded back then to just put it 2 years ahead (i was hyped to try ffxi free trial)

i have the email and the answer to at least one security question, just idk wtf the date of birth is.
>>
>>375999543
>no 1-1-1-1-1, the best skill
>>
File: 1466863945512.jpg (416KB, 823x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466863945512.jpg
416KB, 823x1080px
>>375999340
>give one to dps if he retarded
But anon I'm WHM it was really late
>>
File: 1465247231493.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1465247231493.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>Want to try DRG in PVP
>Mfw I actually have not enough space in my hotbar to use all their fucking ogcd abilities
Mercy Stroke, Bloodbath, Internal Release, Second Wind, Leg Sweep, Life Surge, Blood for Blood, Jump, Elusive Jump, Spineshatter Dive, Power Surge, Dragonfire Dive, Battle Litany, Blood of the Dragon, Geirskogul, Impulse Rush, Skewer, Fetter Ward, Enliven and Purify.
20 fucking ogcd for fuck's sake.
What the fuck?!
>>
>>375999746

It was a pity comm for failing so hard while playing the least desired healing job in the game, obviously.

Sometimes I comm a shitty healer since leaving them dead for a while lets me have fun solo healing.
>>
>>375999551
So you don't have the credit card info? Without date of birth I'm not sure if they'd give it with just email and security question. Worth a try if nothing else though.
>>
>>375999838
>shitty healer
I'm actually good I was just falling asleep at the keyboard
>>
>>375999885
the credit card is super old so nope. i still have the expiry date and some other stuff from it memorized but date of birth on that account is 100% wrong

I'm honestly considering just restarting, its not like i was max lvl. I was like lvl 35 summoner.
>>
>>375979968
>tfw first class was DRG
>tfw only DPS class I like is DRG

After getting MCH to 60 I'd like to say that the difficulty of melee classes don't even come near the difficulty of MCH. That shit is NOT fun at all.
>>
>>375999962
>I was like lvl 35 summoner.
Just restart. Your hassle doesn't seem like it's worth going through.
>>
>>375999818
Just wait until the next expansion when we get even more
>>
>>376000023
Do i have to buy the game again or do i just make a new account? im just worried I'll have to buy the game.
>>
>>376000052
Amount of skills that you use will stay roughly the same, they already stated this.
>>
>>376000109
Oh really? Shit, that's neato. Thanks dude. I haven't been trying to spoil myself on the expansion at all so I don't know much about it at all.
>>
>>376000109
that's true for all classes, right?

Because holy shit, I'm running out of space and feasible keybinds
>>
>>375999962
>>376000023
Yeah you'll have to buy the game kek. But if you didn't have Heavensward maybe there's some deal where it's like $20 for both ARR and Heavensward?
>>
>>376000287
yeah i never did have heavnsward. I'm gonna look for good deals, if you know of any pls let me know anons

ty for help! :)
>>
>>375999818
The amount of active abilities that DRGs have to use and always be on CD is mind blowing compared to other jobs.
>>
>>376000234
>>376000142
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/18/final-fantasy-xiv-new-expansion-stormblood-gets-even-info-areas-features/
>Cutting the number of unused action and combining similar actions together aims to keep the number of skills pretty much the same as it is now, even with the increase of level cap.
>>
>>376000142

It's hard to spoil yourself with the fat load of nothing they've given us.

- skills revamp, details coming soon(tm)
- re-balancing healers and tanks!
- new areas!
- two new DPS jobs!
- more hairstyles and glamours!
- swimming!

That's about it.
>>
>>376000358
Pre-order Stormblood, comes with HW.
>>
>>376000358

There's a bundle you can buy with ARR, HW, and SB for fairly cheap. But you won't get any pre-order bonuses if you do. Click the tab with "For New Players" and the little sprout icon on the right.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/stormblood/product/#cpse
>>
>>375946314
i found it funny for the first few quests then i stopped giving a shit and just skipped the cutscenes like i do with every cutscene in this recycled from every FF plot about a big bad empire
>>
>>376000671
Man it's almost like invading empires are a recurring theme in Final Fantasy along with summons, moogles, chocobos, time travel, and ancient supertech empires.
>>
>>376000609
59 USD is like 80$ for me.. can't afford that :(
>>
>>376000909

1) Don't use emoticons on /v/
2) If you aren't willing to pay that much and you can't get your account back, you're going to be stuck with ARR and maybe HW while the rest of us are in SB
>>
File: 1349897688464.gif (495KB, 194x172px) Image search: [Google]
1349897688464.gif
495KB, 194x172px
>>376000421
>>
>>376000909
can always save up and get stormblood instead, since that includes heavensward
>>
>>376001080

You need ARR to play the expacs.
>>
>>376001246
of course you need the base game to play any addons, that's just logic
i'm saying that getting the stormblood expansion also gets you heavensward if you don't already have it
>>
>>375981167
DRK

-More physical mitigation tools.
-Unchained clone.
-Spinning slash to be removed and make all skills combo from syphon strike. Syphon strike now builds enmity
-Changes to some existing dark arts skills like powerslash doing way more enmity gen.

Yes I want to be able to hold the fuck out of whatever im attacking.
>>
>>376001540
No to all of those. Enjoy your Adlo knockoff.
>>
>want to play again
>just got a ps4
>have to buy the game again, pay for ps plus AND play for sub
What the FUCK
>>
File: 1478519866293.png (1021KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
1478519866293.png
1021KB, 1200x872px
>>375981167
Nin
>Bring back Jacke
>>
>>376001737
>ps plus

Unless they changed that really recently, you don't need it to play FFXIV. You do for other online games but not XIV.

You do have to re buy a ps4 copy though.
>>
>>376001737
>playing on console
wew lad, also you don't need ps plus for xiv retard
>>
>>376001820
Well that's a relief.
>>
>>376001737

Well if you're upgrading from PS3 you can do it for free. If not then fuck you pay more money YoshiP needs more castles.
>>
>>376000454
Skills revamp live letter is in 3 weeks you dirty NI[B][B]ER. Also it's pretty obvious they're making Dancer support maybe a year after release to get numbers back at 3.2 after everyone fucks off when 3.1 comes around. Seriously we need fucking more tanks and healers fuck you Yoshi I don't care if they play the same, people just care about dress-up so just give them different weapons and armors so more shitters will fill up the tank/healer role and fuck off with their shit dps.
>>
>>376002382
Hahaha I can't wait for the 50min queue for DPS while us Tank and healer will only take 2 or 5.
>>
>>376002637
I was thinking of taking a healer or tank first to 70 but then when I start leveling my dps the wave of RDM and SAM will be at 60 and my queues will be shit. FUG DIS guess I'll have to take the slower route to 70 in the end. Thanks Yoshi I am looking forward to it.
>>
>>376002967
> the wave of RDM and SAM will be at 60

the classes start out at 50 though?
>>
>>376003102
Wait they do? Well 30-60 is probably not much different than 50-60 tbqh.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.