[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so fucking bad at video games. Even when I practice,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1478757432413.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478757432413.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
I'm so fucking bad at video games. Even when I practice, I still fail. I have never been good at a competitive game in my life despite pouring hundreds of hours into them. Even for single player games I turn down the difficulty because I get too frustrated when I keep fucking up.

Does anyone else know this feel? Video games are the only hobby I have in my entire life and they aggravate me to an extreme level. It's very upsetting to be this bad at the only thing you like to do.
>>
Do you have any form of neural deficiency? Serious question.
>>
>>375941557
I don't think so.
>>
>>375941314
Who cares? Just play games like you want to. Games are meant to be enjoyable anyway.
>>
>>375941314
What kinds of games do you play?
>>
>>375942140
For multiplayer games? Not a lot anymore because of how annoying it is.

Dota 2 (2500 hours, permanently quit because I couldn't take it anymore)
Overwatch (on the verge of quitting)
I used to play TF2, if I left Valve servers I got demolished

As for single player games, I dunno. I like platformers, not the kind that bust your balls though. I'm honestly becoming a casual gamer. I play old familiar games from my childhood on emulators and easy games.
>>
>>375941314
get god
>>
File: 2017-03-25_18.50.49.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25_18.50.49.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Minecraft, scrub.
>>
I want to make Mio my pet.
>>
>>375942514
Dotas filled with tryhards. Overwatch is pretty easy. The difficulty i encountered was against other teammates. Tf2 was the first fps game i put time into to learn mechanics and tricks. I thought i was god playing on skial servers because i would always be top of the leaderboard. The n i found the top notch clan servers and i wad getting rekt. Op if you compare your k/d and stats when you first started to now i bet you show improvement. When i got into counter strike it wad like dark souls. Just getting my shit slapped. Didnt know what wad going on. But no matter how frustrsting it is just keep at it. Studies have shown getting frustrated releases a chemical in your brain that stops logical thinking and increases your fight or flight response. In games you have to be analytical and calculated. Not just brash
>>
>>375942514
>Mobas
>Shooters

I think I found the problem
>>
>>375941314

Same. I want to get into fighting games and all the popular ones I am either not a fan of or am beyond shit at and all the ones I like I am mediocre at and are dead.
>>
>>375941314
play them on easy mode, use wikis and walkthrough moves to make it easier too. you dont have to feel ashamed of it, im not bad at gaming but sometimes i play games that way to finish it fast when i have no time. most competitive online games are full of autistic junkies/NEETs. nobody else can beat them except themselves. most players drop out of it pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1490018383160.jpg (59KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490018383160.jpg
59KB, 577x575px
>>375943980
>try Street Fighter 5
>can't even complete the basic combo exercises
something is wrong in my brain

I cannot push the buttons at the timings that they're asking for
>>
>>375942514
No fucking wonder
>>
>>375941314
I wish I could turn down the difficulty for real life ;_;
>>
File: 1333.png (128KB, 341x310px) Image search: [Google]
1333.png
128KB, 341x310px
>>375941314
>Does anyone else know this feel?
>tfw I never really have problems learning any game I play and frequently get called a hacker or a smurf whenever I play shooters.
Nah, man, I'm gucci.

You might be putting too much pressure on yourself when trying to do shit instead of taking a step back and calmly thinking about what exactly you're trying to do and what exactly your enemy is doing. Take shit one step at a time, don't spam your dodge key in a panic, just push it once. Don't overthink things, don't hesitate to make decisions, and don't be afraid to die or fuck up.

You could also be practicing poorly, you can look up guides from pro players if you need help for comp games.

>>375942514
>Overwatch (on the verge of quitting)
>I used to play TF2, if I left Valve servers I got demolished
Protip for shooters, lower your sens and try to keep it consistent across games, even the average Quake pro used like 30cm/360. Most people have their sensitives way too high.
>>
>>375942514
Lower sensitivity for shooters. I fell for the high sensitivity meme for a decade and a half and finally lowered it to where I need to use my elbow to actually turn around. Leaving your entire wrist's movements for precise forward aiming helps a ton. I improved more in a few months than I did in years and years of gaming. It's no longer a question of "Oh shit, I hope I can hit this guy!", that factor was almost completely taken out.
>>
>>375945125
>>375945313
Ingame sensitivity or on mouse?
>>
>>375945125
You beat me to it with the sensitivity, but yeah. Also like he said, keep it consistent across games. Get real autistic and pull out a tape measure to make sure you're going the same amount of distance with the mouse for a 360 in every game. I'm talking every fucking game here, don't listen to retards who say "well, you want lower sensitivity for Soldier 76 and McCree, or a higher sensitivity in Battlefield since you aim down sights anyway" no nigger, keep that shit the same for every game and every character and you'll get a lot better.

>>375945450
In-game sensitivity always differs. Like I said, you'll need a tape measure to get it close, but it's worth it. Now it gets a little complicated for aiming down sights in games. I have my ADS a little lower than the regular sensitivity, and I'm pretty sure between Rainbow Six Siege and BF1, my ADS sensitivities differ. But I'll probably try to start keeping those consistent too soon.
>>
>>375944829
combos are pretty difficult. i used to play 3rd strike with a ps3 pad and only could a few combos despite parrying well and having much of knowledge of the game.

online fighting games are literally an absolute shambles, a hell, dont hard on yourself. i heard that the single player mode of sf5 sucks, then play other games like the new KoF or 3rd strike on easy mode. they are fun with single player.
>>
>>375945670
I meant to say DPI settings on mouse what's the best way to configure it for FPS? ex highest DPI and low in game sensitivity?
>>
>>375945450
It's the same thing. DPI just multiples your ingame sens basically. I would recommend keeping the mouse DPI somewhat low just because you're going to have to crank that shit down for every game otherwise and some games won't even let you lower it enough in game. Older mice also have jitter issues at high enough DPIs.

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/ is a great site for helping keep things consistent across games, though you do have to pay for some of them, popular games like Overwatch have guides you can google on how to transfer stuff over from CSGO.

If you have the desk space then it's also extremely worthwhile to get a huge mousepad like a QCK Heavy to help accommodate your lower sensitivity and give you more room to aim with.
>>
>dude fighting games are easy, here have this cookie-cutter guide reposted every thread
>>
>>375946121
It doesn't matter. Almost every pro out there uses 400 DPI or 800 at most. Ultimately, it's just up to whatever you like better, at least assuming your mouse doesn't get issues at high DPI but newer mice shouldn't.
>>
>>375946126
All of this. Low DPI, about 800 is good, otherwise you're gonna run into a game where you actually need it lower than 1 sensitivity, but in another game it might be 30 sensitivity. And that's a good mouse pad, I'm using it now. Basically what happens is, you lower your sensitivity down a shit load and you laugh at how bad it is. "How the fuck can anyone play like this?" you ask as you awkwardly twist your wrist to try to get the mouse to move more or something. But then you get used to it. Turning with your elbow starts to become natural and you're just as quick at turning as you were with your wrist, but now you have more control over it.
>>
>>375946325
The issues that arise beyond 800 DPI is that there are some games where 1 sensitivity is still too fast, as I mentioned above. So I say don't even bother going to 1600 or something. And you're right, some pros play at 400 DPI too. It really makes very little difference, it's just a marketing thing. Other factors come into play long before the mouse quality or setting does.
>>
You must identify what is truly wrong and accept you suck. You must also enjoy the pursuit of getting good instead of whining like a baby. It's a process that's not easy for most.
>>
>>375946779
>You must also enjoy the pursuit of getting good
But what's the point? It's not real. And for team-based games it can be hard to get a real feeling of progress.
>>
>>375946779
Oh yeah also learn to relax is probably the most important thing for you based on your post. Just breathe, take a break, do whatever it takes to get yourself out of an autistic temper tantrum.
>>
>>375944829
>>375946030

i play on keyboard and found that charge characters are pretty easy for me, save when someone is laggy and i drop my charge whenever i go to combo

i got to gold, barely.
>>
>>375946968
No I mean video games aren't real
>>
>>375946843
It's not real for you because you haven't obtained it yet. If it wasn't real these games wouldn't exist. Everyone started somewhere dude.

You're not feeling any progress on team based games because you are comparing everyone else to yourself. Your performance comes first, don't base it on others.
>>
It is worth noting that since all these competitive games have matchmaking, it never feels like you're getting super good any more because you're being paired with players that are just as good, or allegedly even against better players if the forced 50 rule is true. You might actually be getting better over time, but the game can just decide to pair you against teams that are just plain better. It's supposed to feel more fair, and it is kinda, but it also feels a little fake compared to the classic days of just joining a server and getting absolutely raped against more experienced players until you forced yourself to get better. You feel less accomplished now. Maybe your k/d ratio or objective points or whatever aren't really going up because it's just gonna put you against better players, but in reality you are getting better.
>>
>>375944829
execution is important but reads are always the victor.
>>
>>375941314
I think the concern here is that video games are the only thing that you enjoy. You said that it's "the only thing that you're good at" but have you attempted to get into other hobbies? I used to feel the same way and I can tell you that the issue is almost always psychological in nature. One thing you have to understand about human beings is that they have a very flexible adaptability. The "practice makes perfect" saying sounds like a cliche meme but if you change your mentality about it, you'll quickly discover that it is true. No matter what the activity, a physical and mentally fit human is able to do just about any skill-based activity as long as they put in the necessary time and effort. The more you do something the more adept you become at it. The issue is that we view failure as something to be ashamed and upset about. But failure is part of the learning process. Nobody was born a skilled gamer. Sure, some people have natural talent but they still honed their skills through effort and dedication. Success at video games should never be the measure of your self worth. You never adopt the mentality that if you fail at the only that you're good at then you're essentially worthless. That kind of thinking is why you may get frustrated and lose motivation to improve.

I remember when I was garbage at Tomb Raider (2013) I struggled through the game even on easy. Lara's hardships seemed real enough to me because I struggled so hard to get her off that damn island. When I finished the game I realised that I wasn't having and I was only playing to prove to myself that I was competent enough to finish the game. Fast forward to a year later, after having played other games and developing a postive mentality I went back to play Tomb Raider. I began to learn from my mistakes and once I was able to overcome challenges I had a lot more fun. I restarted the game on Hard difficulty not to prove a point to myself but because I enjoyed the thrill of the challenge.
>>
The key to being good at video games is to lose your sense of ethics and fair play. Become an absolute bastard abusing all the cheap shit and you will win every round. Problem is the victories will feel empty because you know they weren't fairly earned.
>>
>>375947807
Nothing else interests me. I'm bad at everything in my life. I'm actually the spitting image of a loser.
>>
>>375947910
Therein lies the problem. As I said, it's a psychological issue. If you say "I'm the spitting image of a loser" you're mentally conditioning yourself to fail. No matter what you do you'll tell yourself that you're not good enough. You have to change your mentality. That's the key. An anon mentioned how he wished he could set the difficulty of his life to "easy" but if you precondition your mind for failure you're contributing to the difficulties that you'll face. I use to feel the same as you, trust me but I loved vidya too much to let my self esteem prevent me from having fun. I changed my mentality and now I even have other things that I enjoy. It's literally all in the nind, senpai.
>>
>>375941314
Being good at video games isn't a rewarding feel, seek to better yourself in other ways
>>
>>375941314
You don't learn from your mistakes.
>>
How do I get good at fighting games with no one to practice with?
>>
>>375948829
what game/rank
>>
>>375947892
If its in the game its fair.
>>
>>375941314
>Video games are the only hobby I have in my entire life
Even teenagers are more cultured than you, anon.
>>
>>375949193

Guilty and fresh meat to the game.
>>
>>375947892
The losses will feel even worse because you'll know the other guy is just outright better than you.
>>
File: faggot.png (154KB, 262x293px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
154KB, 262x293px
>>375941314
I don't know what sex you are, but just from your writing style alone I'd rape you so hard.

Anyways, just start playing singleplayer vidya on the highest or second highest difficulty. Most western games are easy as shit (or lock the highest difficulty on first playthrough) anyways, so you can claim to your non-existent social circle that you beat this game XY on the highest difficulty. It's a nice feeling overcoming a challenge, even if it is just a virtual one, it at least compensates my all my real failures and misery by a little.
>>
>>375949508
Okay. That really doesn't bother me. I mean, it does, but I don't care.
>>
>>375941314
>>375942140
I'm playing RE4 for the first time and I suck eggs.
>>
>>375950831
o i dont play guilty gear but i hear the waifus r nice
>>
>>375949424
This. If I kick a guy in the balls I win literally EVERY FIGHT. You cant say its not fair because its do able.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.